Comic Book Question of the Week: Most Promising Publisher of 2014

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

We're just about a month into 2014 and various publishers have already revealed their big plans for the year. Marvel's releasing dozens of new comics; DC has given us a glimpse of their future via April solicits; Dynamite has made several cool announcements; IDW is creating an X-Files crossover; Dark Horse is bringing back the Alien and Predator franchises; Valiant's crafting a big story for X-O Manowar and doing a Bloodshot and Archer & Armstrong crossover; and Image has announced a number of brand new creator-owned comics. So yeah, it goes without saying there's A LOT of appealing announcements for us comic fans. However, this week, we want to know which publisher has the strongest grip on your interest. So, which will it be, Viners?

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!

No Caption Provided

Voting will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Check the homepage on that day to see which publisher took the prize and why. If you get your elaboration on and make an awesome post, we just may highlight it in Thursday's article! See you then, Viners.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noj

I will go with DC not for whats been shown but for the whats to come. DC has cancelled quite a few books latley without replacing them immediatly leading me to believe that the 2nd phase of the New 52 after Forever Evil will be HUGE! Im anticipating titles like Cyborg, Shazam, and the Question which have been rumored for some time along with other suprises. I cant wait to see what they have cooking!

JTKirk101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Marvel was the top last year,and with Guradians of the galaxy and Cap coming out in theaters they will likely stay on top.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, make mine Marvel, they just seem to be that much more entertaining to me. DC takes itself a little too seriously at times (I still get 10 DC titles a month though!).

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pokergeist

Screw Marvel and DC. Looking forward to Image and Dark Horse. Hopefully new Tech Jacket with Invincible. Looking forward to a rumored new Luther Strode. Also hope to see more AvP.

Nahuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nahuel

All of you speaking of just DC and Marvel... Bummer!

I'm choosing between Valiant or Image, 'cause those are the only publishers thinking in quality over quantitie in my personal perspective.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

it's between Marvel and Image for me.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Marvel. I absolutely loved SCARLET SPIDER and DEADPOOL.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mikep12

Most excited for DC especially everything that's been hinted to such as a metal men and Doom Patrol series

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

As much as I love DC, they've kind of just become the Batman company for me. Saying most of the Batman titles will continue to be good isn't all that surprising. I love a couple of books from Marvel too, but the books Image recently announced like Wytches, new Casanova, and their current ongoings like Chew and Saga make them the pick for me.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going away from the norm. Normally I would say Marvel or DC (and believe me I am hype for what's coming from them) but with upcoming Armor Wars and more Unity issues, my votes going with Valiant

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

DC or Image

SuperSlayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So many exciting comics coming out this year I could easily name 3 most promising publishers, but that would be cheating. Image is the most promising. They always put out good books and with all the stuff they announced at Image Expo, the depth of talent and creativity only seems to be growing.

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Fo Life yo!

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CaptainHoopla

Tough question this year. Image is the easiest answer, but with all of the new books Marvel is starting with what appears to be great and well thought out creative teams, they could easily come out on top this year.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC comics for me. Can't wait to see what's coming for the Justice League, and The Bat family.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

DC.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm looking for Dc primarily and. Marvel secondary.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Screw Marvel and DC. Looking forward to Image and Dark Horse. Hopefully new Tech Jacket with Invincible. Looking forward to a rumored new Luther Strode. Also hope to see more AvP.

Rumored? I thought Justin Jordan confirmed that the Luther Strode series would be a trilogy. With the next and last one being called The Legacy of Luther Strode.....

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By mak13131313

I'm excited for whats to come from DC. I can't wait to see everything that's going to happen after Forever Evil. But, I voted for Image. With what I'm already getting from them I'm excited for whats to come. It was a hard vote though. Heck I'm currently getting 28 books from DC so you can kind of guess which publisher I favor!

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@noj said:

I will go with DC not for whats been shown but for the whats to come. DC has cancelled quite a few books latley without replacing them immediatly leading me to believe that the 2nd phase of the New 52 after Forever Evil will be HUGE! Im anticipating titles like Cyborg, Shazam, and the Question which have been rumored for some time along with other suprises. I cant wait to see what they have cooking!

Give this man a cookie.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Image will definitely have the highest quality stuff,

but DC is the most exciting. How are things going to shake up after Forever Evil?

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pumped for some Marvel and Dc stuff but also excited to go on the indie companies if idw, darkhorse, are even really indie at all anymore

smith0725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always been a Marvel guy, not DC. But, having said that, I'm finally getting fed up with shelling out $3.99 for every single book. It's solely based on the fact that so many of us are attached to the characters (myself included) and has nothing to do with the content quality. I've been enjoying Image and Darkhorse a lot more recently, and will continue to do because most of their books are held to a higher standard due to lack of "character-attachment."

Hope Darkhorse adds more sci-fi titles. Last year's Station to Station one-shot was awesome.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always been a Marvel guy, not DC. But, having said that, I'm finally getting fed up with shelling out $3.99 for every single book. It's solely based on the fact that so many of us are attached to the characters (myself included) and has nothing to do with the content quality. I've been enjoying Image and Darkhorse a lot more recently, and will continue to do because most of their books are held to a higher standard due to lack of "character-attachment."

Hope Darkhorse adds more sci-fi titles. Last year's Station to Station one-shot was awesome.

Exactly.

@cadencev2 said:

Rumored? I thought Justin Jordan confirmed that the Luther Strode series would be a trilogy. With the next and last one being called The Legacy of Luther Strode.....

Even better!

Avatar image for thebrownpowerranger
TheBrownPowerRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel. Can't wait for the return of the amazing spiderman and peter parker

StretchPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC has cancelled almost every book I was actually interested in... Demon Knights, Dial H, and soon to be Animal Man. My pull list for DC is now down to Swamp Thing, Batman, and Green Arrow. I could care less about seeing Animal Man on some team that's going to be pulled into some event with other books I don't care about.

Marvel has announced several new books I'm interested in and has several great ongoings I still read. I'm having a hard time picking what I want to drop to get some of the 'all new' books. Makes me feel like a sucker, but am anxious for the stories to come.

Image has a great current line up and sounds like it has some killer stuff coming. Umbral has been amazing if you haven't read it yet. I'll definitely be getting the trades for Bedlam, Saga, and East of West as the come out.

Marvel gets my vote.

formerreader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Valiant. They have done a great job rolling out the universe with some of the top talent in the industry. They have Armor Hunters coming up in X-O, the Shadowman: End Times Mini Series, the Death of a Harbinger in the upcoming arc, the intro of the 4001 timeline in Eternal Warrior, the Return of Dr. Silk in Unity, Archer and Armstrong and Bloodshot crossing over. There is also the likelihood of a Rai title being finally being released this year. They are incredibly good to their fans and they have me really excited again about comics!

feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fallout of Forever Evil

Lex on the Justice League

A new Robin/Nightwing?

The finale of Batman: Zero Year

The finale of Superman Unchained

The Superman/Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman as the God of War

Wally West's return

Sinestro's own book

The Green Lantern Corps as the universe's no1 enemy.

The Red Lanterns taking over 2814.

Superman as a Red Lantern

I'm excited.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fallout of Forever Evil

Lex on the Justice League

A new Robin/Nightwing?

The finale of Batman: Zero Year

The finale of Superman Unchained

The Superman/Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman as the God of War

Wally West's return

Sinestro's own book

The Green Lantern Corps as the universe's no1 enemy.

The Red Lanterns taking over 2814.

Superman as a Red Lantern

I'm excited.

No Caption Provided

Thinking about it just makes me gleeful

feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supergirl* as a Red Lantern

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC for trying new things and Batman and Image for pretty much everything they are doing. Eff Marvel for .Now! .Now! .Now! How stupid.

infinityjudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been loving Marvel since Marvel Now! and All-New is also very exciting. Their move to more diverse art and writing styles has led to some of the best titles on the market.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By derf_jenkins

My all time favorite comic is Saga, so I'll say Image. I love books from a lot of publishers, but I'd give up the others before Image.

Buzzy3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nahuel: I agree, they have the best stuff going.

1989Ups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valiant, they always tell the best stories

JasonHamilton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont care about companies if its comics and its great i will buy and read it period

Phoenix8008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gimme more Valiant! I've given up on the other companies for good storytelling in a superheroic shared universe.