• 52 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Spider-Man has an awesome world filled with so much potential. Decades upon decades have established a great supporting cast of characters, unique allies and a plethora of villains who range from frightening to laughable. Whether you love or hate what's going on with the character right now, there's still a healthy variety of Spider-Man family books for you to jump right into (but your time is coming to an end with #42 if you're a VENOM fan...). Offering a wealthy variety of tones, there's something for pretty much any kind of Spider fan to appreciate right now. This week, however, we're wondering what you're enjoying the most out of the batch. Does Dan Slott continue to earn your support and praise or do one of the other titles hold a special place in your heart?

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!

No Caption Provided

Voting remains open until Thursday morning (ET). Shortly afterwards, a new feature with the poll results and more will hit the homepage, so be sure to check back then!

Poncho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Poncho

Wallopin Websnappers

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

scarlet spider. not even a contest.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Venom

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@poncho: Hahaha I remember that. You get a follow.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By DonFelipe

I'm not an expert when it comes to Spider-Man but isn't Avenging Spider-Man missing? Just curious why Avenging couldn't make this list.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#7 inferiorego  Staff

I'm not an expert when it comes to Spider-Man but isn't Avenging Spider-Man missing? Just curious why Avenging couldn't make this list.

Avenging is an awesome book

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Because Yost's Avenging doesn't exist anymore. It concluded and he started up Team-Up. I imagine you can take Avengining into account when voting for TU if you really want to.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in a world where Peter Parker isn't in a single Spider-man comic book....Sad....

ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

@barkley said:

I live in a world where Peter Parker isn't in a single Spider-man comic book....Sad....

well Doc Ock lives inside Peter's body

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man for me

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@k4tzm4n said:

@donfelipe said:

Because Yost's Avenging doesn't exist anymore. It concluded and he started up Team-Up. I imagine you can take Avengining into account when voting for TU if you really want to.

Oops! Well I said I was no expert. Hmm, I would solely base my votes on the cover art work so I may as well sit this voting out trying not to offend die-hard Spider-Fans.

Is it just me or does Marvel cancel some of their titles without officially cancelling them; meaning they let them run out without prior notice and then everybody's be like "what? they cancelled it". Then again, I'm no expert.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Captain13

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man is hands down the most well written character piece and has the most engaging cast.

Scarlet Spider seems to be getting a lot of love on this poll, but, based on sales (Scarlet Spider was not even on Diamond's Top 100 in July), I think it will be cancelled before the Spring. To be fair, I think Marvel has already confirmed Venom's cancellation.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IDontLikeBirds

Damn, hard to decide. I love Ultimate Comics Spider-man, all of it, the art, the writing, and the character progression. I also love Superior Spider-man and seeing the changes and impact that Doc Ock has been making. Ultimate I guess wins out marginally, but a lot of that is the art (love me some Sarah Pichelli).

kanadiankozak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(but your time is coming to an end with #42 if you're a VENOM fan...)

Wait, what??? =(

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SCARLET SPIDER! By a mile! I would even call it one of the top 3 books at Marvel! Kaine is such a badass and I really hope that the series will last a while longer.

Somehow I never really learned to love Peter Parker, but Kaine is right up my alley!

call_me_dusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By call_me_dusk

Scarlet Spider

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't decide between superior and superior foes but went with superior in the end.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Cavemold

Venom by a tad.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By saoakden

I love Superior Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, Venom and Ultimate Comics Spider-Man. Don't care for Superior Foes of Spider-Man. I'm following Superior Spider-Man Team-Up and Superior Carnage. It's a shame to see Venom go. If anything happens to Scarlet Spider, I'll be really bummed out. I better see it in December's solicits!!!! I don't want to go there and not find it it like I couldn't find Venom and Winter Soldier!!!

QuantumVertex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Spider Man..... Scarlet Spider..... Superior Spider Man... the others don't matter these are superb. Ultimate is everything a comic should be! Scarlet had me sold from the beginning but it seems to get better with each arc and Superior is the title i'm the most antsy for out of the bunch!

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
thenexusrebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can I not vote for Scarlet Spider, Venom and Ultimate Comics Spider-man!? Oh well I just went for Scarlet Spider, but I love those three.

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read Scarlet Spider yet, but I want to! I for one love Superior, but I'm gonna go with Ultimate Spider-Man, just for giving me something completely fresh and giving me a reason not to drop the Ultimate line completely.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Spider and Superior team-up, Scarlet just a lil' better.

Chris Yost is a fantastic writer.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Superior for me.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Spiderman always

both Peter and Miles are great characters and the supporting cast is so well developed.

Superior spider man is a joke, in ten years people will look back and laugh that this was ever allowed

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WWAJfan

Venom by a lot. I know scarlet is good but what Rick, Bunn and the rest of the team have done with the Venom series is just too epic, there is a reason why this series got so many issues (more than 42 if you count the 27.1, 13.1-13.4) even though it doesn't get that much promotion like other Marvel's titles. The only thing bad that happened on Venom was MoE, and it had bad luck cause it was caught in the middle of 2 great arcs (Savage 6, n Minimum). Besides MoE n the Ufoes arc, the rest was just plain Sick, and that Toxin arc was just Killing it on another level. Either way It's just my opinion, I know it wont change many people in the site, but to me this is the Best Spider Series out of all of them. You'll be missed Venom. Peace you all ; )

#SUPPORTTHEUNDERRATED

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

How can someone say no to this series, with such great and emotional scenes such as this one. Everytime I see it, it gives me goosebumps. Kudos t Declan for killing it in this series : )

JMLG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior Foes is my favorite, since ive always liked street level villains

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Really hard to choose!I like the ones that I read all equally! Ok I will vote Venom since it's so underrated.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Scarlet Spider and Agent Venom is a close second. But Amazing will always be in my heart, well that is except 698-700

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a tie between scarlet spider, ultimate comics spider-man, superior carnage and venom

M1cAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate, no question about it. i've been holding back on Scarlet Spider (for no reason), but this feed is tempting me to get on that

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess I'll have to go with young Miles here, all that noble heroism and kind heart,fighting through the odds,never giving up,he reminds me of someone I used to know and still miss:(

Avatar image for superiorspidey1962
superiorspidey1962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

series ended

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Amazing Spider-Man....oh!....am i illegal or something?!

No seriously,the "to be cancelled" Scarlet Spider is awe-freakin'-some.

Bloxxeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in love with all the Spidey-Books. But one that really stands out is Ultimate Spider-Man. :3

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sad that Venom and possibly Ultimate Spider-Man are ending. I love both! I also just recently got into Scarlet Spider and I love it so far! I also love Dan Slott's run on Spider-Man! His run is great so far. I have yet to read any Superior Spider-Man though.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Ultimate Spider-Man. Nuff Said

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And people complain about the Bat family books....

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior Spiderman - the clue's in the title

Acro808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Spider for sure.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You're Pure Evil K4tzman. How can you ask me to choose? HOW?!

This IS MADNESS!

( + )

javancain16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom

That60sGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I get most of these books and my choice would be Superior Spider-Man, Superior Team-Up, Scarlet Spider and then Superior Foes. I don't buy Venom, Carnage or Ultimate so don't know about their quality.

I guess the real voting is done by sales and Superior Spider-Man gets both issues a month in the top 10 sales every month whilst none of the others have been in the top 10 selling books yet.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By Strider1992

@hawkguy said:

And people complain about the Bat family books....

Maybe because Batman has 10 books that correlate to him and 5 of which feature him as the main character or very prominently. Whereas the Spider-Family has the ones above only 2 of which feature Spider-man.....

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

I pick up my Scarlet and Amazing/Superior in trades, so voting for them sort of felt like cheating. I voted for Ultimate Comics, since it's the only one I buy in single issues.

ngrey651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get most of these books and my choice would be Superior Spider-Man, Superior Team-Up, Scarlet Spider and then Superior Foes. I don't buy Venom, Carnage or Ultimate so don't know about their quality.

I guess the real voting is done by sales and Superior Spider-Man gets both issues a month in the top 10 sales every month whilst none of the others have been in the top 10 selling books yet.

Sales. Hmm. Let's look at sales

Superior Spider-Man Issue 11. 84,219

Superior Spider-Man Issue 12. 82,338

Superior Spider-Man issue 13. 81,678.

Superior Spider-Man Issue 14! 80,839

Want I should keep going or is it now pretty clear that sales are dropping pretty darn quick? And that's because Dan Slott's trading in infamy for writing actually decent stories about a person that's not an egomaniacal, homicidal, stuck-up, pretentious, smug, cold-hearted, cruel, hypocritical JACKHOLE.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom and Superior Foes!