• 86 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

It has been an especially tough few years for comic book shows on television. We've had the luxury of watching some absolutely fantastic shows, but so many of them have been cut short. Sadly, we live in an era where topnotch quality just isn't enough. At the end of the day, this is a business product, and if it's not meeting the goals the company and network have set -- no matter how unfair or absurd they may be -- then the harsh truth is we'll see them fade away.

Spectacular Spider-Man was stunning yet was thrown on the chopping block. Now we have Ultimate Spider-Man instead and... well, I'll just plead the fifth on that subject. Cartoon Network fans have been hit particularly hard. Not only did we lose Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series, but Star Wars: The Clone Wars also wrapped up. Yes, that show was going to end anyway, but I figured since so many people want to see it stick around there's no harm keeping it as an option on this poll. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is being replaced, Transformers: Prime is being shut down and Wolverine and the X-Men only lasted one season.

You can only bring one back to life!
You can only bring one back to life!

Seeing a show we love bite the dust simply sucks. But, just for this week, let's pretend we have the power to revive just one of these programs. So, this 'Comic Book Question of the Week' is simple: which show would you save and why?

CLICK HERE TO VOTE! Voting will be open until Thursday morning (ET) and a feature with the results will go up on the homepage shortly after.

Remember, you need to click the above link to vote! Posting your vote in the comments section below will not count!

Gregg Katzman is a freelance writer for Comic Vine and IGN Entertainment. This is the part where he shamelessly plugs his Google+ andTwitter pagein hopes of getting a new follower or two.

Crazy Pan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Crazy Pan

Young Justice :)

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Mucklefluga

Didn't realize Transformers has been cancelled !!

kingdomenic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingdomenic

Firefly

naylor11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By naylor11

Save Young Justice!

http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/Young_Justice_Wiki:Save_Young_Justice

neiliusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By neiliusprime

@Mucklefluga said:

well to be exact Its not being canceled, but the series will end. I think there is plans for another Transformes show on the horizon.

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LiveForever

I'm a Marvel guy (plus Batman and related) but am intrigued by the outpouring of love for Young Justice. I need to give that a shot. 

EMH all the way for me. Great story adaptations, not dumbed down like anything Loeb touches.

Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Toastalchemist

Green Lantern, because it had the most potential. Young Justice ended with you-know-who, which was expected. I think another season would have been too much. Green Lantern seemed like it was building up to something bigger with Razor's possible new corps, the search for Aya, mentioning the creature living in the green power battery, and a few more lantern corps which were never touched on.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@kingdomenic said:

Firefly

lol.

@Mucklefluga said:

Yes, the 3rd is the last season.

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By MrArrogant

Young Justice, definitely. It was a tough call between that and Spectacular Spider-Man (hey what a coikidink! both Greg Weisman shows), but with YJ I just felt there were more places the show could go, and more stories that could be told in the universe. It's a shame cartoon network is run by idiots that the cancelled both this and the spectacular Green Lantern.

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiveForever

Related question: does Young Justice require (or is it enhanced by) viewing anything in advance? Like Justice League?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#11  Edited By Teerack

Young Justice for sure.

DurararaFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By DurararaFTW

Young Justice, after that Wolverine and the X-Men.

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sobe Cin

The Show I want back..... 

The Clone Wars- I am more interested in knowing what will happen with Ahsoka than I am in most of the other shows. They left to much open not to have some sort of resolution with certain characters. I know that they wrapped up a lot of arcs with certain characters, but others are still left with me wanting more.... I know they have plans, but I would still like a sixth season.  

The ones I don't for whatever reason.

Avengers is turning into Avengers Assemble, I accept that now.  

Young Justice is great and I watched each weekend, but with who they ended with- I can deal without. Plus I am kind of excited to see Beware the Batman (I think I may be alone in this). 

Wolverine and the X-Men- It's too late for my desires to have this be rekindled. If a new X-Men show must be made, I will watch that. 

Green Lantern- Watched a episode, didn't care for it. 

Same with Transformers- watched an episode or two, but could not get into it. 

As for Spectacular Spider-Man- Like Wolverine, its a little late for a return, plus I like Ultimate Spider-Man now. 

Not on the list. 

GI Joe Renegades- I want this back or some GI Joe cartoon, they never last more than one season.

DMXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DMXN

We as much as I want to see Avengers EMH, Wolverine and the X-men and Green Lantern I have to chose YOUNG JUSTICE. YOUNG JUSTICE was truly the best of them all. Good buy old friend.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ms__omega

Young Justice

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By apg103

I liked Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but I only saw up to about 2 seasons.

Spectacular Spider-Man was very good too.only saw up to about 2 seasons, even thoh it was on another channel.

I liked Wolverine and the X-Men, but I'm not sure how many seasons they had.

Young Justice was probably the best overall, So that who i will be voting for.

I haven't even watched Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Transformers: Prime

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#17  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Wait, wait, wait Transformers Prime is being cancelled?!

Logan Reilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Logan Reilly

No contest. It'd be Young Justice.

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

@StMichalofWilson: No its not cancelled, the third and final season is starting friday.

wadey wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wadey wilson

Spectacular Spider-Man... no true Spidey fan can like "Ultimate Spider-Man" and the worst part is that it's starting to affect the movies as well... I hate it. After that, Young Justice. I really enjoyed it. And The Avengers, the dub in my country was awesome.

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22  Edited By Rixec

Just one? I'd take them all!

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EscGamer

I would love for Spectacular Spider-Man to come back. It was such a great show and it left doors open to explore which can get darker and deeper if need be. I will say this season 1 Ultimate Spider-Man wasn't so great but season 2 has gotten better, up until the sinister six episode. Drake Bell has gotten better with the voice but Josh Keaton will always be my favorite Spider-Man voice wise. I don't think we've seen the end of Young Justice and Green Lantern, just cause they haven't been renewed doesn't mean they're gone. YJ was on hiatus so much too and since DC nation is a hour long they probably got changed with the new line-up and come next seaon they make a return and the new line-up goes away. it would make sense to switch it up every time so shows get produced and avoid angering fans for hiatus or delays. Anyway my vote went to Young Justice because it has a shot at coming back, that's if it's truly canceled, since Spectac Spidey won't seem to come back.

frochez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frochez

I'm going to come out of left field here and say X-men: Evolution. Yes, it's not on the list. Yes, it was a while ago. And yes, it may not have aged that well. But it had a great mix of character development and action, combined with uneblievable artwork, that was lacking in the 90s x-men series, and it had a wide range of characters, unlike Wolverine and the X-men, which was all about short, hairy and clawy.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AllStarSuperman

definitely young justice

Avatar image for notoriousmistersims
notoriousmistersims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

would have liked to see a 3rd season of yj coz he showed up same goes for w a x men coz apoc showed up and to see where it went

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Cafeterialoca

Spectacular Spider-Man. Easily. It was the best Spider-Man show we ever had and it was progressing as a story. It is absolutely CRIMINAL that Ultimate Spider-Man, a show that's pretty awful, replaced it.

Why is it that creators who put a lot of effort and time in their shows get canceled while shows that go "It's Spider-Man! LOL! He doesn't even have to act like himself as long as he's RANDUMB! XD!!!"

Seriously, this world SUCKS.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By evilvegeta74

love YJ, but Avengers EMH was my thing!

McKnight87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By McKnight87

Young Justice. Easily. It has far better story lines and character development than any of the others listed here. I'm much more of a DC fan, so after that, it'd be Green Lantern. Sticking with Young Justice as my main choice, though.

druzod2501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By druzod2501

In my mind it's a dead heat between GL:TAS and YJ, but I think I would go with GL in the end. The last half of the season showed why GL could be DC's Star Wars if they handled it properly, and the wealth of untapped potential storylines is vast:

1) the harnessing of the yellow light coinciding with the fall of Sinestro and rise of his Corps.

2) the Indigo tribe

3) War of the Light

4) Blackest Night

5) Destruction of Coast City and Hal Jordan's darkest hour

6) Introduce Kyle Rayner

just to name a few.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By sora_thekey

I can't choose between Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men!

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#32  Edited By GothamRed

Isn't Clone Wars just moving to Disney XD? I'd say Spectacular Spider-Man or the two Yost-verse shows since I liked them all the most.

Jacobin_Wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jacobin_Wisdom

Wolverine and the X-Men

I liked it to the point that I brought the whole season on DVD.

Was very curious on how the second season would be :(

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iaconpoint

@neiliusprime said:

@Mucklefluga said:

well to be exact Its not being canceled, but the series will end. I think there is plans for another Transformes show on the horizon.

Hasblo, the American company that licenses Transformers feels the need to "reboot" continuity every 2 to 3 years. Apparently, they have little faith in America's youth to be able to keep up with more than a few years of continuity. It's the cross we Transformer fans have had to bare for the last 15 or so years.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Young Justice.

WonderHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WonderHunter

Spectacular Spider-Man :'(

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#37  Edited By lostlantern13

This was a tough call.

I initially thought "Young Justice," because I am pro-anything-DC-not-Batman-or-Superman. I honestly think DC, if it is serious about television and movies, needs to develop and invest in other franchises not named Batman or Superman. Young Justice was doing a great job with the Flash Family, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, and, especially, Kaldur/Aqualad. DC needed that.

However, "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" was getting better with each passing episode. This was truly the mainstream media development that GL fans, like myself, had been waiting for. They did such a great job of building out the Lantern mythology and were really prepared to burst into the War of Light, Blackest Night, and beyond. Even new creations like Razer and Aya were well-received (and deservedly so). If I could save it, I would. This is what DC and the GL universe needs.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By VioletPhoenix

Torn between Young Justice and Wolverine & The X-Men, but I've made my peace with the latter being gone for 5 years. Young Justice is just so damn amazing. It wins out.

Bonzi161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bonzi161

no Teen Titans (sorry but Teen Titans go does not count)

Avatar image for yourcounterpoint
YourCounterpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By YourCounterpoint

The two DC Nation shows were the best. I loved Young Justice, but at the same time Green Lantern was getting really good and I was hoping for a War of Light story.

Ramier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ramier

today i would say wolverine and the xmen and young justice

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ectoborge

You Can save Young Justice

http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/Young_Justice_Wiki:Save_Young_Justice

TheCommissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheCommissar

I'd have to go with Young Justice. While I like almost all the shows up there (save TCW, since it's one of the worst things to happen to Star Wars, second only to Karen Traviss, and Transformers, which while decent, isn't something I care much for), I feel like it has the most potential. Specifically that it could lead to a new DCAU, which I've wanted for a while, whereas I feel Marvel just doesn't know how to handle its animated shows enough to establish a decent Marvel animated universe.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By Fantasgasmic

Batman Beyond?

CaseyJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CaseyJustice

Boy, I'll never understand the love for Spectacular Spider-Man. It seemed to me like the laziest, dullest possible retelling of the same Spidey stories we'd been reading/watching for decades. At least USM is trying something new with the character.

Tough one between GL and YJ, but GL's ending was too perfect to mess with. YJ had lots more stories to tell.

EMH was excellent, but by the end of season 2 I think it was winding down in quality anyway.

ThreadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ThreadPool

In this order:

1. Young Justice

2. Green Lantern

3. Spectacular Spider-man

4. Wolverine and the X-Men

5. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I think Clone Wars had a nice looooong run. Especially for good a Cartoon Network action show. (let's not speak of Ben 10.) And it has a better chance than any of these at any kind of continuation.

Transformers Prime feels too much like the movies. I will give it another shot though. That may just be the earlier episodes.

ThreadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ThreadPool

@CaseyJustice: WHAT?!?!? SSM was a breath of fresh air coming off of Spider-Man 3. Although I wasn't a fan of the character designs.

USM is okay for little kids. That's about it.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By laabitres

young justice :) better story and better animation than the rest of the other shows

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dementedtheclown

STATIC SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By Answerman

Young Justice Hands down.

In many ways the new 52 should have made choices closer to what was done with YJ, like with the Flash legacy for instance.