Chris Terrio speaks on Batman v Superman and Justice League.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Inside Chris Terrio’s Vision for Batman, Superman and ‘Justice League’ <---Urge you to read this.

"If you told me the most rigorous dramaturgical and intellectual product of my life would be superhero movies, I would say you were crazy. But I do think fans deserve that. I felt I owed the fan base all of my body and soul for two years because anything less wouldn’t have been appreciating the opportunity I had." - Chris Terrio.

In Terrio we trust.
In Terrio we trust.

Besides the trailers and obvious CBM history selling me on the movie in spades, this man apart from anything else is why i'm more than eagerly awaiting Batman v Superman.

I was personally a big fan of Argo and was elated to hear Chris was brought on to re write the script for BvS but the way he speaks here about the characters, his extensive comic research to prepare and his influences, one of them being Grant Morrison. It's not doing much to quell my excitement i can tell you.

The last paragraph he talks about the research he did for Justice league namely the characters of Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman in terms of science and history and this guy is pulling out all the stops.(And saying exactly what i want to hear)

ALSO, he says Justice league will be brighter than Batman v Superman.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Interesting. Lighter tone for JL is great news.

Dasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's really encouraging that Terrio is reading about red / blue shifts, because that's a strong implication that Justice League Flash will be properly fast and powerful. Like "significant fraction of lightspeed" fast at a minimum, rather than merely supersonic like CW Flash.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Wow,that's a great interview,Chris Terrio is incredibly impressive. My excitement levels just flew through the roof just by reading that,this has done more for me than any trailer for BvS,I'm pumped so thank you Chris.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree =D

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Veshark

I've really got to get around to watching Argo. I remain a little apprehensive on whether BvS will deliver, but considering the amount of sheer acclaim Argo got, Terrio's presence does help mitigate some of my Goyer fears.

I think the fact that Terrio's not traditionally a writer associated with CBMs is an advantage in itself. In contrast to Whedon or even the Russos, I feel like his outsider's perspective will help establish a different kind of superhero universe - a DCEU that is distinct from the MCU. Overall, I think he'll prove a good fit - Terrior seems like a writer who's really interested in exploring the "modern mythology" aspect of the Justice League, and in the same vein as the Nolans, to produce a more intellectual and nuanced superhero film. And his shoutouts to Miller and Morrison hint that he's done his due diligence, and will stay largely faithful to the source material.

The suggestion that the JL movie will be lighter in tone also eases some of my DCEU fears - it can sometimes feel like the DCEU universe has been too gloomy thus far, and to have the heroes of the League unite and be inspiring/uplifting is all I'm looking for. From what Terrio said, it seems like it'll be the payoff: the tragedy of Man of Steel, the conflict of BvS, and then the eventual redemption in Justice League.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Really interesting interview that does a great job in hyping us up even more. His words and thoughts are enough for a person to become interested in seeing this movie even if he had no interested in the whole concept at all. It looks like he has done his homework and his previous work will help him a lot in this quest to make a comic book movie that will distinguish itself from everything else that we have already seen.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@dasabi: Yeah Terrio's comments just confirm it. I remember watching that dawn of the justice league special and both Geoff Johns and Ezra Miller commented on the fact that this flash is so fast time travel is already a part of his character and I think Ezra hinted about multiversal travel as well.

Plus I think a movie budget would allow for near light speed travel to be portrayed more easily and better too.

More than anything red and blue shifting deals with frequency and I've actually read all that referenced in flash comics that's what makes me more excited about the detail this guy's getting into.