Check Out the Spider-Man Homecoming Trailer

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

People here not realizing the huge amount of Tony content is to attract a MUCH larger audience than if the trailer just featured Spidey. Every MCU movie RDJs been in since Avengers has made a Billion Dollars, stats don't lie.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Havenless

Keaton looks like a scene stealer. This trailer is pretty cookie cutter, it could be a trailer for any of the previous 5 Spider-Man's. Really dislike how his suit turns into bad cgi as he takes it off, but overall I'm liking what it seems like this movie is shaping up into, especially that scene with peter defeated in the sand at the end.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People here not realizing the huge amount of Tony content is to attract a MUCH larger audience than if the trailer just featured Spidey. Every MCU movie RDJs been in since Avengers has made a Billion Dollars, stats don't lie.

People know that, that's why Sony made the deal, doesn't mean they have to be happy about it.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The thing is Spider-Man doesn't need RDJ Iron Man to sell his movie for him. It's SPIDER-MAN. Despite Iron Man's meteoric rise to popularity, Spider-Man is still the most popular and most recognizable Marvel hero. His name alone should be big enough to sell tickets and attract audiences without another hero being shoehorned into the mix.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cap fans be like: Cap can totally hold that ship together like Spidey did!

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man how unlucky if this was released when I was in high school, I would have enjoy it way more. It's cool seeing a super hero movie that takes place in high school with actors that actually look like they are in high school. Never knew I wanted that until now.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: @peterparkerjr: I totally agree, I was speaking from a trailer point of view for audience pull. In movie, I do hope RDJ isn't really featured extensively, I want this to be Peter's movie. But from a marketing point of view, in line with what you're saying, having two of Marvel's most bankable heroes together is an incredibly smart move. On top of the fact that having Tony is probably damage control for past Spidey movies, easing Spidey into completely solo movies through well received movies which heavily tie into the MCU. Iron Man is giving Spidey the foundation he needs to lead standalones that the audience can trust.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that opening scene in the bank just made me want to see Peter and Daredevil team up even more.

So much of this.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immadnice: it's the Snyder syndrome from Man of Steel. Personally, I think peter's social circle is ethnically off balance. That fat kid in the trailer is supposed to be Ned Leeds, a future hobgoblin. Truly sad.

You say that now but wait till they put him on the Marvel workout and he'll be showing his abs in no time.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man how unlucky if this was released when I was in high school, I would have enjoy it way more. It's cool seeing a super hero movie that takes place in high school with actors that actually look like they are in high school. Never knew I wanted that until now.

Does it count if just graduated from High-School.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Bit too much Tony for my taste, but I dig the John Hughesqe vibes.

I hope RDJ doesn't steal this movie. Hopefully the trailer was just Tony heavy because they were trying to make it clear this is the MCU, and not because he eats up a bunch of actual screen time.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Super_ninja

looks cool ! i can't wait.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude shut up...cause you know they are gonna do that...for real for real...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

And that opening scene in the bank just made me want to see Peter and Daredevil team up even more.

So much of this.

Only can see that happening under new leadership(once Fiege is done). Not that I want him gone, but I think it would be good to keep it fresh and let someone take over after phase 4...

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

Does it count if just graduated from High-School.

I was saying it because I graduated from it like a year ago. I guess It doesn't count because at least, It doesn't really feel relatable right now but I know that I would have enjoyed more if the movie was released before I graduated.

This movie is a good addition to the MCU world building, with Luke Cage they started putting the idea that advance alien weapons were getting on the streets, this one is expanding the idea. In all the other MCU movies, It felt that only the top dogs could get that kind of tech but in the comics everybody can get that type of technology. Now that the common criminals can get that kind of tech, this really starts to feel like a comic book universe.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny, while rewatching the trailer I could tell that the girl who played Liz Allen was older than the rest and she is (like 6 years older than the rest of the kids). You can notice by the face, It looks more mature, what I find pretty cool is that the majority of the actors that play Peter's classmates are actually around the same age as Tom Holland, they could actually be classmates on high school.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By buildhare

@captain_batman_ftw:

Dude he can, he deadlifted a beam while injured.

Seriously though, that caught me by surprise. If that's what it looks like Spidey has the best strength feat in the MCU (which is like....why?).

Overall I loved it, super keen.

Klark_Cent099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Klark_Cent099

looks good but would have been better if kraven was the main villain, then again maybe its too early in spideys career.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not liking the amount of ironman and the suit looks... off.

that said yay vulture.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks alright, but I'll probably miss it. I'm not much of a Spidey fan, but I hope it's good for them...

owain79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By owain79

As this is in the MCU can we expect a shoehorned and unconvincing romantic subplot and an underused, underwhelming villain played by a great actor?

Snark aside, I hope I'm not the only one sick of Iron Man. Ever since that debacle that was Iron Man 3 the character has grown increasingly dickish. But considering he is likely the biggest merchandise shifter of the MCU Marvel (Disney) will keep paying Robert Downey Jr the big bucks, the character will be used as much as possible.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching it for keaton as well.Movie looks fun, but generic to be honest. Nothing new and fresh stands out. Looking foward to guardians much much more.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:
@captain_batman_ftw said:

Dude shut up...cause you know they are gonna do that...for real for real...

ahahahhahahahahahha

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:

Seriously though, that caught me by surprise. If that's what it looks like Spidey has the best strength feat in the MCU (which is like....why?).

Yes, I agree.

I wasn't planning to see this movie at the cinema but this trailer got me hyped. Also, it's as if Disney/Sony wants to one-up Tobey's train stopping. Also, unless Spiderman gets some sort of amp in the movie, then that strenght feat is something really inconsistent considering that he could barely hold up that bridge for planes or whatever it's called.

Regardless, Vulture looked badass.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:

They'll probably just justify it by him getting older, or maybe it'll be ultra high end like Tobeys and he'll nearly die afterwards.

He did indeed!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rogueshadow  Moderator
@buildhare said:

@captain_batman_ftw:

Yes, I agree.

I wasn't planning to see this movie at the cinema but this trailer got me hyped. Also, it's as if Disney/Sony wants to one-up Tobey's train stopping. Also, unless Spiderman gets some sort of amp in the movie, then that strenght feat is something really inconsistent considering that he could barely hold up that bridge for planes or whatever it's called.

Regardless, Vulture looked badass.

As impressive as the feat is, he's using a sh*t ton of webs, and there are a lot of webs behind him holding it together that Peter isn't even holding on to. In terms of consistency, he's getting older and physically developing, a strength increase is to be expected. We also don't know if he's successful yet, Iron Man might show up and help him.

Also, International Trailer, tiny bit of additional footage and the tone's a bit different:

Loading Video...

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I didn't notice the extra webbing, but still, that's a huge as ship that weighs thousands of tons. Regardless, this a better strenght feat than anything else in the whole MCU lol. That's kind of embarassing for the top tiers considering that this is Spiderman... the guy who got beaten up by Cap (INB4 Cap fans claim Cap overpowered a 100 tonner)

Anyway, this looked so badass:

I hope this movie is good and not just filled with jokes.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

They gave Ganke to Peter Parker?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Another one of these?

*sigh*

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i watch it

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Cosmic_Templar

Where is J Jonah Jameson!?

On topic:

It's a solid trailer, I like the quips and the relationship between Tony and Peter seems cool. And Ganke.

Also here's Spider man riding Iron man in that last scene.

No Caption Provided

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks okay. It's just a trailer after all.

d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing !

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I loved it. Huuuge strength feat at the end too.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By CaptainSalt

RDJ will not steal this movie. That is a very stupid thought. Spider-Man is the biggest superhero in the world.

The trailer is simply using IM like the SS trailer used Batman. To let people know it's a shared universe Spider-Man and put butts in seats. But the actual film will use very little Ironman.

Also after looking at the trailer I know now this movie is gonna destroy the B.O. It's gonna have that Stranger Things youthful adventure and coming of age story but with Spider-Man. If this movie has heart like it appears to...whooo, man. Plus it appears to be full of fan service. From web-pits, iconic spidey/IM scenes to thieves wearing avengers mask. Get ready for another Marvel hit.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: nope. It's just the trailer like with SS. SS trailer used Batman and joker so much people were actually pissed off with the actual movie. Because they didn't get near the amount of joker Batman they thought was gonna be in the actual film.

And just like with SS there just using IM to get butts in seats.

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: 1)That beam was 10 tons at best.Also he did not lifted the whole weight of it.

2)How the hell this feats is better than Hulk's leviathan feat?

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: Regardless, this a better strenght feat than anything else in the whole MCU lol

No.Not even close to hulk's or Algrim's strength feats.

Also.He held just a part of it.Whyle the biggest part of the ship was held by web

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 rogueshadow  Moderator

I'm actually glad Tony is in it, I love Spider-Man... but I'm not fifteen anymore, an adult presence is beneficial for characters that are so young in order to make sure the film hits with older audiences. And I'm only twenty-one, imagine a thirty or forty year old watching this trailer, it's a bunch of kids running around doing kids stuff, they won't relate at all, Tony Stark is quite clearly what Sony are using as the draw for that demographic.

@captain_batman_ftw - Hopefully we'll see Thor and Hulk taking on some powerhouses in Ragnarok, they've been nerfing Thor since his first film.

TheGrandSage23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's because of the formula but I'm burnt out of SpiderMan movies.. I legitimately loved Garfield's take on Ultimate SpiderMan and his chemistry with Emma as Gwen.. That being said the movies were hounded with flaws by Sony

Now I'm skeptical but this trailer doesn't do it for me. Holland will be fine but it seems their cashing it in on Stark. Peter casually letting his identity go is ehh.. The whole thing is what we've seen before

It's really disheartening to see YouTube comments go "well he's always been a teenager" it's like they're read the 60's comics(even then he progressed rather quickly to college) and think he's all about being a teenager and high school drama when that's not true.. It's like they never thought he grew up and became an adult

I will say that I do like the web wings though and hopefully the action blends Tobey's version(more brawler style) with Garfield's version(more agile spider like movements like crawling over the lizard covering him with webbing)

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Michael Keaton as Vulture huh? Definitely got my attention!

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sold!!

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

Wait a minute is that Ganke lee?Peter stole Miles Morales best friend? What they will do if they try to Make a Miles Morales movie make Harry Osborn his best friend?And how this will end? Gwen stacy will be Miles girlfriend??...Oh wait this is already happening in the comics.

That's actually Ned Leeds

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go see it since my birthday is 15 days later

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: he's not ready for Birdman but sure let's put him in the middle of a superhero summer slam!