Chakan - The Forever Man

Deilure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deilure

A forum search returned only one thread, started two years ago, and was replied by no one.

I'm curious if anyone has bought & read these comics as I'm interested in purchasing some. I could only find them online. Any input from Chakan readers, should there be any, would be appreciated. For those new to Chakan, I would recommend at least giving the character a glance. Dark demeanor, solid background story.

There is a Sega Genesis game, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're serious about beating it, cause it's likely you won't be able to. For some reason, the developers convinced themselves that the game shouldn't be won, and made it extremely difficult. They didn't even expect anyone to beat it, and so didn't write in a "good" ending scene. Otherwise, it's fun and the artwork is interestingly unique with many dark overtones.

No Caption Provided
Deilure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Deilure

His was once a young man and warrior of great renown and ability. Being the best swordsman alive, he let pride and arrogance get the best of him, and claimed that no man, not even death, could strike him down. However, death heard the warrior's foolish boasting, and challenged the man to a duel. Death, in the form of the grim reaper, offered immortality to the prideful warrior if he wins, but if Death wins, then Chakan's soul is forfeited over to Death to use however he wishes. The two fought fiercely for days, but the great warrior eventually struck Death with a mighty blow, besting Death in combat.

Chakan was granted immortality, but Death warns that it comes with a cost. Chakan may not rest until he has slain all the evils that haunt and terrorize humankind. The moment he attempts to rest, his visions are haunted and overrun by the memories and cruel deeds of the evils he hunts. Time takes it's toll on a body and mind that were meant to expire, and Chakan desperately seeks to rid himself of the immortal curse so he may finally rest.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By _Zombie_

Not going to lie, his appearance reminds me of the aesthetic used for classic metal albums. Sounds like an interesting enough character.

Deilure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Deilure

I could definitely see a Metallica or Slayer album with him on the front.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Onemoreposter

I don't know anything about CHakan beyond the fact that

originally started out as a Chakan sequel.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By _Zombie_

@Deilure said:

I could definitely see a Metallica or Slayer album with him on the front.

I'd say Slayer fits, but I could see him on Iron Maiden or Megadeth album as well. Maybe even Iced Earth.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

I had this game on the genesis, it really was hard as hell.