Can Wonder Woman fly in the DCEU?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I was watching the bad-ass trailer that came out today, and I noticed the WW-Hulk style leap. This got me thinking, can she fly? Or did she just make the jump for kicks?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You'll know on March 25 2016

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ThePreface

No. She's like golden age Supes. She leaps tall buildings in a single bound.

She doesn't look as strong as Kryptonian's either judging by the jump. Faora got more hops.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@thepreface said:

No. She's like golden age Supes. She leaps tall buildings in a single bound.

She doesn't look as strong as Kryptonian's either judging by the jump. Faora got more hops.

The thing about it is, I actually like it this way (if its true). I never understood why in some iterations she could fly but other Amazonians couldn't, or that she was comparable to Superman in power but others weren't even Aquaman level. It makes her rely more on her combat skills.

Oh, and that leap was far higher and longer than anything Faora did.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If she can fly then there is no reason for the invisible jet, and I find it to be ridiculous-cool.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She'll be able to eventually.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarthAznable

She's probably the most balanced out of the trinity. Not as strong as Supes but a lot stronger than Batman. More skilled than Superman but maybe not as skilled as Batman.

LokLegends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NeonGameWave

I don`t think she will fly it will be more like a Jessica Jones type thing she will leap and do high-jumps.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it depends on what version Snyder is drawing inspiration from. If it's New52 (which I think it is), Wondy couldn't fly until Hermes gave her the ability too, and that was a few issues in IIRC. I don't think she be flying around in BvS, tho I could be wrong as I haven't seen the movie and nor do I know anyone who has, but I just have a hunch she get that ability later down the road in the DCEU

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

From what I've seen in the trailers plus her using a horse in the Wonder Woman film footage, I'm gonna say she can't fly, but I think she'll gain the "gift" soon.

She's probably the most balanced out of the trinity. Not as strong as Supes but a lot stronger than Batman. More skilled than Superman but maybe not as skilled as Batman.

Well, I don't know if this is a hyperbole or not, but Geoff Johns claimed that Diana is the best fighter on the planet, hinting she may be better than Batman.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've seen in the trailers plus her using a horse in the Wonder Woman film footage, I'm gonna say she can't fly, but I think she'll gain the "gift" soon.

@darthaznable said:

Well, I don't know if this is a hyperbole or not, but Geoff Johns claimed that Diana is the best fighter on the planet, hinting she may be better than Batman.

To be fair she has the physicals to help that along with massive amounts of experience to boot. The fight choreographer said this will be the best Batman we've seen so far so there's that too. (trailer showed great amount of physicals and skill). Geof is the executive producer right? I'd take his words with a grain of salt. This movie is clearly very Batmancentric.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@darthaznable said:

To be fair she has the physicals to help that along with massive amounts of experience to boot. The fight choreographer said this will be the best Batman we've seen so far so there's that too. (trailer showed great amount of physicals and skill). Geof is the executive producer right? I'd take his words with a grain of salt. This movie is clearly very Batmancentric.

Well, Geoff said it on the CW DC film presentation while talking about the WW movie, so he may have very well been hyping her up. But yeah, just from the trailer alone, this Batman already outclasses the others.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prob not.