Can't flash just?

Batman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Soo flash can time travel right... If he can time travel doesn't that mean if he fights shazam he can just go back in time before he says the magic word and kill him as a kid... He can go back and time and kill or do whatever to baby superman if he fights superman.. Point is isn't flash unstoppable since he can go back in time?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batman15 said:

Soo flash can time travel right... If he can time travel doesn't that mean if he fights shazam he can just go back in time before he says the magic word and kill him as a kid... He can go back and time and kill or do whatever to baby superman if he fights superman.. Point is isn't flash unstoppable since he can go back in time?

Yes, but time and time again when Flash has time travelled, things changed in a way that was worse than the original problem. So unless he has absolutely no other choice, Flash will usually opt not to use time travel. For the purposes of battle forums his time travel is irrelevant unless you Morals Off him.

Batman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or how about this lets say captain cold plants a bomb flash might as well wait till it blows up to know where it is then go back in time and stop it..

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman15 said:

He could but Flash isn't evil, Eobard Thawne on the other hand does do that, seeing as he killed Barry Allen's mother when Barry was still a kid

Batman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: But see why doesn't zoom just go back and kill little Barry Allen since he hates him soooo much

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman15 said:

Or how about this lets say captain cold plants a bomb flash might as well wait till it blows up to know where it is then go back in time and stop it..

Yes, this is something he can technically do, but as Flashpoint showed, going back in time creates a ripple effect just by adding his own presence to the past, and this ripple can make really bad things happen.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Cerberus_

@batman15 said:

Yes, this is something he can technically do, but as Flashpoint showed, going back in time creates a ripple effect just by adding his own presence to the past, and this ripple can make really bad things happen.

Do tell tho what could be the consequences of going back and stopping the bomb?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@batman15 said:

@dondave: But see why doesn't zoom just go back and kill little Barry Allen since he hates him soooo much

Well Eobard couldn't kill Barry because that would make it so that he never became Professor Zoom in the first place. In Flashpoint, that chain was severed and that was why he tried to kill Barry. Hunter, on the other hand, didn't kill Wally because he wanted to better him as a hero, and beat him to the brink of death.

Batman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Batman15

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: okok but in flashpoint he didn't care if he died as long as Barry died with him.. So why would he care if he lost his powers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman15 said:

He doesn't hate Barry Allen, IIRC the only reason he got his power was because he admired Barry although Ii'm not sure, @dredeuced is this correct?

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman15: Guys who have exotic power like that. usually never use them in combat, do to the fact that it would make that said character boring, i mean...if that were to happen in every fight, then there would be no drama. so writers tend not to do that, i remember Silver Surfer sending a guy into the future to get rid of him "once" he never did anything like that again(as far as i can remember,) but to answer you question, yes he could.

hardcorefakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't a battle, and should therefore, be locked.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman15: Actually, he's near light speed, so it'd more more time efficient for him to find and defuse it than time travel. (Captain colds bomb I mean)

Batman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: I know.. But the point I'm trying to make is he can let things like that happen because it doesn't matter he can just go bak in time.. Likeeee let's say half the planet blows up or something to that effect ohh well let's just go back in time.. He's overpowered is actually what I'm saying I guess

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think flash can do it at will, I know zoom can't and he usually does it more than flash, but they can't control it that well, and in pretty sure it's always dangerous for flash to try it.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman15 said:

@dratini1331: I know.. But the point I'm trying to make is he can let things like that happen because it doesn't matter he can just go bak in time.. Likeeee let's say half the planet blows up or something to that effect ohh well let's just go back in time.. He's overpowered is actually what I'm saying I guess

Flash stories would be boring if he's always going back in time to save anyone. Just like Superman, he could just kill any villains in his path, or throw them in space, problem solve.

"When in doubt... throw them into space". - Immortal

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Who would read it?

Not me

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AnyWhichWayButUp

Why wouldn't Flash just beat Billy before the magic touched him?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced said:

@batman15 said:

When Barry Allen went back in time to stop his mother from being murdered, the alternate Flashpoint universe happened, which ended up with the world at war and on the brink of destruction. Hal wasn't Green Lantern, Superman was never raised by the Kents, Aquaman and Wonder Woman were destroying the world through war, all sorts of horrible things, all because he created a ripple effect. In the Silver Age, even more convoluted things happened. This is why Barry and Wally refuse to time travel unless there is no other option (Iike when Cobalt Blue showed up).

@batman15 said:

Well Eobard couldn't kill Barry because that would make it so that he never became Professor Zoom in the first place. In Flashpoint, that chain was severed and that was why he tried to kill Barry. Hunter, on the other hand, didn't kill Wally because he wanted to better him as a hero, and beat him to the brink of death.

For Zoom, he couldn't time travel on his own anyhow. He needed Professor Zoom to operate the treadmill, for instance.

@dondave said:

@batman15 said:

He doesn't hate Barry Allen, IIRC the only reason he got his power was because he admired Barry although Ii'm not sure, @dredeuced is this correct?

That was the original reason. Professor Zoom greatly admired heroes of the past, but once he realized that he eventually became the Flash's most notorious villain, he went insane and began to hate Barry to his core and dedicated his entire life to ruining Barry's.

Also, for Batman15, It's not that he wasn't willing to kill himself to kill Barry. It's that if he never becomes Professor Zoom, he never gains the power to go back in time and kill Barry so it all cancels out, that's why he only tortured Barry.

@batman15 said:

Stuff like this has happened before, When Cobalt Blue went back in time and killed Barry Allen before Crisis on Infinite Earths it caused Anti Monitor to actually win, which destroyed all of reality. Wally West went on a series of little time travel stops to revert what Cobalt Blue did. Wally has also done stuff like travel to the future to drop Thawne off after beating him into unconsciousness.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dratini1331

@batman15 said:

His time Travel mostly causes damage to the time stream. However, technically, yes, he could. And yes, Flash should in fact join the time squad:

No Caption Provided

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By _Cerberus_

@_cerberus_ said:

@dredeuced said:

@batman15 said:

When Barry Allen went back in time to stop his mother from being murdered, the alternate Flashpoint universe happened, which ended up with the world at war and on the brink of destruction. Hal wasn't Green Lantern, Superman was never raised by the Kents, Aquaman and Wonder Woman were destroying the world through war, all sorts of horrible things, all because he created a ripple effect. In the Silver Age, even more convoluted things happened. This is why Barry and Wally refuse to time travel unless there is no other option (Iike when Cobalt Blue showed up).

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@batman15 said:

For Zoom, he couldn't time travel on his own anyhow. He needed Professor Zoom to operate the treadmill, for instance.

@dondave said:

@batman15 said:

That was the original reason. Professor Zoom greatly admired heroes of the past, but once he realized that he eventually became the Flash's most notorious villain, he went insane and began to hate Barry to his core and dedicated his entire life to ruining Barry's.

Also, for Batman15, It's not that he wasn't willing to kill himself to kill Barry. It's that if he never becomes Professor Zoom, he never gains the power to go back in time and kill Barry so it all cancels out, that's why he only tortured Barry.

@batman15 said:

Stuff like this has happened before, When Cobalt Blue went back in time and killed Barry Allen before Crisis on Infinite Earths it caused Anti Monitor to actually win, which destroyed all of reality. Wally West went on a series of little time travel stops to revert what Cobalt Blue did. Wally has also done stuff like travel to the future to drop Thawne off after beating him into unconsciousness.

wait how the hell does stopping his mother getting killed prevent Hal from being a green lantern and super man from being raised by the klents?

his mother did not even KNOW THEM!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

all of these posts and not one person mentions that he usually can't do anything like that without the Cosmic Treadmill

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_cerberus_: When he pulled the Speed Force into himself to stop thawne it altered time in more ways than just what happened to his mom. It's literally the butterfly effect, it doesn't matter if his mom knew someone.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer to all of your questions is 'yes.'

Flash is the most overpowered superhero on Earth (or at least on DC's version).

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@batman15 said:

Yeah I know, because Zoom's powers were not appropriate to use the Time Treadmill, so he needed Eobard Thawne's help.

Batman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Batman15
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Flashpoint has the answers to your questions.