Can someone explain to me last joke in The Killing Joke?

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I didn't really understand but I started laughing.

Can guys give me your opinions on it

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always interpret it as Joker saying that whiles both he and Bats maybe be insane Bats is willing to make the leap across into sanity and he can't or won't try, also turning off the light halfway means Bats will let him down eventually.

Turncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea

Roguelocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're saying that you sincerely don't get the joke, it's funny that two crazy guys aren't grasping the difference between beam: the long, thick piece of wood and beam: a shaft of light.

If you're saying that you don't get the possibly hidden meaning behind the joke, The Kidd has provided a lovely explanation.

If you're saying that you don't get why Batman laughed, it's quite possible that: (A) Batman is tired and frustrated. (B) This is the Batman that cares about all his villains. He's still trying to win the Joker over, and to do that, he has to laugh at one of Joker's jokes. (C) The Joker just passed laughing gas out his butt.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I don't think that it was written to be a funny joke, more of an observation the situation he's in. I didn't know whether it was supposed to be humorous or not a while back either, had to make a thread on it.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you actually not understand the joke itself? The criminal was not concerned about the fact that he could be walking on a beam of light, instead he was concerned about the possibility of the light being turned off.