Callin it, right now. (Future of DC's movie universe)

• 120 results
RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

DC is going to straight up eclipse Marvel's movie game with BvS and Suicide Squad. Think about how long it took for Marvel movies to pay off with this character showing up in that ones movie. Now we're seeing footage of Batman's cameo in SSquad. On top of the fact BvS has a lot to build up to for the Justice League movie. I think DC has their A game jacket on and they know it.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Transformers1024

Eh.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

*came in expecting troll*

*left agreeing with the OP*

As stated on Fatman on Batman, Marvel is making their movies like television, DC wants to make artistic movies.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#DCwilldestroyMarvel

#dontmakeminesmarvel

#danceoffsareforchildren #necksnappingisforadults

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By legacy6364

Why does it matter?

Can't we just hope for a movie with good script, writing, and performances?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably. Batman v Superman can bring them in without it feeling forced easily.

In three films DCCU will have

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

Vic Stone

Lex Luthor

Joker

Harley Quinn

Deadshot

Killer Croc

Katana

I think they are introducing a lot of good characters, and if the movies do a good job. Then DC/WB are in a good position.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

both are just a big cashgrab for new entry fans, just wait until they come for your favourite character.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

But they only have Justice League announced afterwards. Then its solo movies, wouldn't those seem really anticlimatic after they started with movies full of characters. Aside from that this seems like they are just cramming in as many characters as possible, which might make the movie quality suffer. Before these movies actually succeed there is as much a chance of this ending badly.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: after the team movies, the audience would care enough to go see an Aquaman movie. Also sometimes smaller scale movies is what you need just because the Avengers happened doesn't mean you can't make Black Panther or Ant-Man.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I am looking forward having an alternative.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Marvel's solo films that came after the Avengers only gained from hype. And the whole "too many characters" argument is getting pretty old. What has marvel been doing with Civil War?

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My point wasn't DC versus Marvel. I just think DC might be upping the ante. I will say they have their work cut out for them.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

But they only have Justice League announced afterwards. Then its solo movies, wouldn't those seem really anticlimatic after they started with movies full of characters. Aside from that this seems like they are just cramming in as many characters as possible, which might make the movie quality suffer. Before these movies actually succeed there is as much a chance of this ending badly.

Agreed. As much as I'd love for DC's new cinematic universe to work out, I think it's still too early to call either way. Like you said, there's just as much chance of it ending badly.

That being said, I don't think it's the amount of characters the introduce that could bring the movie down. Take Days of Future past, for instance; It had a ton of characters just in that one film, but because the movie was handled well everything turned out okay.

Besides, even if DC's first few movies tank that certainly doesn't mean that their entire cinematic universe is doomed.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: all it takes is for Batman v Superman & Suicide Squad to bomb. Which I highly doubt. Zack Snyder, David Ayer, Ben Affleck & Chris Terrio are all solid.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My point wasn't on some Dc vs Marvel. I just think DC might be upping the ante. I'm glad their not going all full on "Nolan." Judging by whatever the hell those bumpy weird soldier monster things are in SSquad. Which I agree with, DC's always been more fantastic to me. Where as Marvel has always been a tad more grounded (just in my eyes, just a tad.) They have their work cut out for them though I will say that.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Lvenger

DC wants to make artistic movies.

Loading Video...

#DCwillbeleftinthedust
#makemineMarvel
#necksnappingistheesaywayout

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not with Snyder directing it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Outside_85

Think DC is on the right track by making their movies stand up better to repeated viewings.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@kfabz-23 said:

@battle_forum_junkie: all it takes is for Batman v Superman & Suicide Squad to bomb. Which I highly doubt. Zack Snyder, David Ayer, Ben Affleck & Chris Terrio are all solid.

I don't thinks it's possible for them to bomb at this point. Even if they both end up being bad movies they will still rake in the a ton of cash for several reasons. Mainly having big name characters like Superman, Joker, and especially Batman attached to them, which certain to get butts in theater seats. Which is all they need to continue with their CU.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao...

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Besides, even if DC's first few movies tank that certainly doesn't mean that their entire cinematic universe is doomed.

Exactly. People forget that most of the Marvel movies between Iron Man and The Avengers were just 'okay'. Not that they tanked but c'mon, Iron Man 2? Not great. Hulk? I thought it was alright but it mostly gets ignored. Thor? Did okay but nothing special. Cap? I liked it but a lot of people were lukewarm on that too.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or maybe both fanbases can just enjoy all the movies both companies produce...

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@vivide said:

both are just a big cashgrab for new entry fans, just wait until they come for your favourite character.

They already did...

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh look another DC vs Marvel thread. These always end so well.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ScouterV

@vivide said:

What isn't a "cashgrab" and I don't understand why people get upset when people do something to make money. You have a job/career don't you? You need money to make things happen and live comfortably right? (In a more conventional sense of "living comfortably, mind you.) So I don't see what the problem is about a "cashgrab."

@stahlflamme said:

Agreed. As much as I'd love for DC's new cinematic universe to work out, I think it's still too early to call either way. Like you said, there's just as much chance of it ending badly.

That being said, I don't think it's the amount of characters the introduce that could bring the movie down. Take Days of Future past, for instance; It had a ton of characters just in that one film, but because the movie was handled well everything turned out okay.

I agree that there's a solid chance it could either be good or bad, but I'd rather be optimistic or at least neutral than resigned to thinking it's going to suck, personally.

With that said, I disagree that it's anti-climactic to go from teaming up to solo adventures.

Justice League is like the Sampler Platter. You get a little Superman, some Aquaman, some Wonder Woman, etc. But it's hard to think that you'll get the full gist of what these character are about in Justice League, whereas we get to The Flash, we delve into the Speed Force, we learn of Diana's Godly origins and just what Hades/Ares has against/for her, and we see how the world reacts to Superman as a new type of hero for the people. Not to mention, how Gotham reacts when they see that Batman is back in action. Those are the kinds of things you have to look forward to and seeing bits of that in Justice League is what's going to get you hyped to see The Flash or Green Lantern.

Why does it matter?

Can't we just hope for a movie with good script, writing, and performances?

Far too logical. I'd rather we stay at odds and bash each other's choice of Superhero, while still being closet Spider-Man/Superman/Batman fans, despite our supposed allegiance to one company.

Roth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it'll eclipse Marvel at this point (I just read Stan Lee is the highest grossing producer of all time now), but I think Marvel's success is what will make the DC movies good. Like DC has been motivated because of Marvel, so they will try and kick up their films a few notches. I was thinking about it, and I'm fairly certain at this point that the reason they are allowing so many people to record behind the scenes footage and get it on the net and all that jazz, is because the casual movie-goer would have no clue what Suicide Squad is. With all the stuff on the Internet now, people will say, "Oh, Batman and Joker are in this? Awesome, going to go see it!"

Batman vs. Superman will do well without leaks like that, I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#Whocares

#bothsetsofmovieslookawesome

#goldenageofcomicbookfilms

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

DC wants to make artistic movies.

Loading Video...

#DCwillbeleftinthedust

#makemineMarvel

#necksnappingistheesaywayout

You're obsession with me is not healthy dude. I know I'm great, but I'm just not into you. It's safe to say that "Senpai will not notice you"

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could easily end with a Iron Man 2 if they're not careful when cramming stuff in to set up the future of the universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

#IlikePudding

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

For people complaining about DC 'cramming' characters in too quickly, you should remember that the Justice League is usually always created by accident, and without other characters even knowing about each other.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they put Goku in the movie

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

really?

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am calling it right now. Image comics cinematic universe will straight up eclipse Marvel & DC. Just for once they need to get one of their comics adapted for big budget movie which going by current rate , will only gonna take 10-15 years.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what happens if this does happen? Like, seriously.......

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

Eh, i don't really think so.

The DCCU introductory movie isn't even great, compared to MCU that had one of the best CBMs of all time as their entry.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AwesomePerson

Can't we enjoy both universes???

Who am I kidding, this is ComicVine...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Look who's talking, you've been stalking me equally as much as you claim I stalk your posts.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@saintwildcard: Look who's talking, you've been stalking me equally as much as you claim I stalk your posts.

I never reply or say anything to you. You keep saying things about me and ghost replying. I wouldn't say anything to you if not for that

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL HAHA Ara ara...

Pandeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC is going to straight up eclipse Marvel's movie game with BvS and Suicide Squad. Think about how long it took for Marvel movies to pay off with this character showing up in that ones movie. Now we're seeing footage of Batman's cameo in SSquad. On top of the fact BvS has a lot to build up to for the Justice League movie. I think DC has their A game jacket on and they know it.

Because I think this post got a little off topic, I will go back to the OP and say I think the possibility is there for them to do it, but there is also the possibility (like in everything) for it to bomb. One can only watch and see, despite what are hopes are.

@lvenger said:

I never reply or say anything to you. You keep saying things about me and ghost replying. I wouldn't say anything to you if not for that

Before y'all two start duking this out, can't you guys send PMs together and start hashing this out. Or at least ignore one another.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lvenger

@saintwildcard: So your replies to my posts just two days ago are ghost replies to me? Riiight, sure thing.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCCU is a force.. "Let's make a Superman Movie, and after let's make a Superman v Batman movie with Wonder Woman and Aquaman in it.. even though all three do not have movies". It's sloppy and rushed BUT "it's the first time we see the big three on screen" blah blah blah.

It's the biggest money making move I've ever seen in a CBMU. It's pretty much doing it for the sake of Cramming household name characters in one movie for a hit.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@saintwildcard: So your replies to my posts just two days ago are ghost replies to me? Riiight, sure thing.

Which ones?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@vivide said:

You mean the film industry wants to make money? I'm so shocked by this, seriously I'm shaken to the core that a business wants to make money.