Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#1 Posted by buttersdaman000 (17765 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it safe to do that? I want to buy Action Comics #900 because I missed it when it came out and its been bugging me ever since.....but, I dont know if its safe to order it online. Im scared that im going to pay 20+ dollars for a ripped up, stained comic.....

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know Amazon sold single issues. Anyway, they're pretty good at securing their packages, so I don't think you have much to worry about. Personally, though, I'd check out comixology first if you don't mind digital comics. They're much more conviniant.

#3 Posted by Edamame (30272 posts) - - Show Bio

For individual issues, you will probably have to buy from other sellers. I would say that doing that is a little more risky than buying directly from Amazon, but I don't think that there should be any major problems. Trades are usually bought from Amazon and not from other sellers, but older trades are usually bought from other sellers.

I also wouldn't worry about the condition of the comic because there are selections of "new, old, etc.".

#4 Posted by inferiorego (25475 posts) - - Show Bio

For single issues, I'd highly recommend your LCS. At least you know the condition it's in when you buy it, and $20+ for #900 is a bit much

Staff
#5 Posted by Edamame (30272 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by HeroMuseum (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazon is safe, I've never had a bad experience with them. I just received Tale of Sand from them and it was shipped safely. I also second the Comixology idea, I recently started using it and It's pretty sweet. Of course Comixology is what has allowed me to rationalize buying the new Ipad because I need that awesome screen resolution to read my comics right? lol

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#8 Posted by buttersdaman000 (17765 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer to hold the comic in my hand so im not going to use comixology.

I just used mycomicshop.com and bought the variant version for 9 dollars. I wouldve preferred the original but the variants nice too.

@aztek_the_lost: @inferiorego:

Thanks

#9 Posted by rico_3088 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: never had a bad experience with them, and i used many different shippers on amazon. they always come as they stated on the website and sealed tight.

#10 Posted by Joygirl (21019 posts) - - Show Bio

I order 100% of my comics from Amazon, usually in compilations or sets. So far, they have all been in perfect condition, even if they were "used".

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

For single issues, I'd highly recommend your LCS. At least you know the condition it's in when you buy it, and $20+ for #900 is a bit much

Plus shipping is always a hassle.

#12 Posted by ollie_arrow (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually buy hc or tpb off talesofwonder.com. Usually cheaper and free shipping. Action Comics 900 is included in the Reign of Doomsday hardcover for $14.29.

#13 Posted by Raiiyn (3682 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazon is pretty safe. I bought a lot of the older Supergirl comics I have from both Ebay and Amazon. All of them arrived in excellent condition. They usually look just like the pictures. Also, most sites have a 'seller reliability' system that shows you feedback other people have provided from transaction with the seller.

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (86164 posts) - - Show Bio

One risk you take with Amazon is if there is a problem with your service or merchandise you'll never, and I mean never, be able to actually speak to a real live person.

Amazon is overrated, imo.

#15 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8416 posts) - - Show Bio

I would recommend E-bay and using trusted quality sellers, I've opted to do this now where I am seeing as my LCS is another Forbidden Planet. The store I buy off is independent so I would much rather support them.

#16 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11575 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Kill the non-believer!

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (86164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

@PowerHerc said:

Kill the non-believer!

Lol !

#18 Posted by ReadingRainbow (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to buy singles from Diamond Distributors...are they still around?