• 178 results
Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kraven

What character in comics is the most blatant rip-off of another character?

I say it's Aquaman.

He is the ultimate rip-off of Namor. Even their origins are virtually the same.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

Colt Python says:

"Kraven says:
"What character in comics is the most blatant rip-off of another character? I say it's Aquaman. He is the ultimate rip-off of Namor. Even their origins are virtually the same."

Aquaman is the biggest one I can think of."

Alex Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Alex Prime

namor was first so aquaman is a big rip off

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Copy

Didn't aquaman come before namor?

Alex Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alex Prime

Copy says:

"Didn't aquaman come before namor?"

no namor was first he was under atlas comics that was a little after dc ,but namor was one of there first,aqua man came out way latter

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sentry

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Barry Flash

Didn't Plastic Man come out before Mr. Fantastic?

And what about that Marvel person who was called Flash and had the exact powers of Flash. I seen it somewhere on Wikipedia.

But sorry if i'm wrong because i know Wikipedia is done by Members and not actual Knowledgable people.

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Clantern

Barry Flash says:

"Didn't Plastic Man come out before Mr. Fantastic?And what about that Marvel person who was called Flash and had the exact powers of Flash. I seen it somewhere on Wikipedia.But sorry if i'm wrong because i know Wikipedia is done by Members and not actual Knowledgable people."

No you're right, it was Stan Lee's version of a female flash, though he never actually got around to publishing it.

http://www.writeups.org/affiche_fiche.php?id=2747

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Clantern says:

"Barry Flash says:
"Didn't Plastic Man come out before Mr. Fantastic? And what about that Marvel person who was called Flash and had the exact powers of Flash. I seen it somewhere on Wikipedia. But sorry if i'm wrong because i know Wikipedia is done by Members and not actual Knowledgable people."
No you're right, it was Stan Lee's version of a female flash, though he never actually got around to publishing it. http://www.writeups.org/affiche_fiche.php?id=2747 "

That version of the Flash was based on the original and was published by DC.

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Barry Flash

Oh okay i just read it somewhere on Wikipedia and got the wrong end of it.

But isn't Plastic Man the son of Elongated Man or something. That's why i thought he was first, before Mr.Fantastic.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Colt Python says:

"Barry Flash says:
"Didn't Plastic Man come out before Mr. Fantastic? And what about that Marvel person who was called Flash and had the exact powers of Flash. I seen it somewhere on Wikipedia. But sorry if i'm wrong because i know Wikipedia is done by Members and not actual Knowledgable people."
Platic Man was first.I'm not sure but I was told that DC bought out the company who created Plastic Man and had the rights to him for a while..but the didn't know they had the rights so they created elongated man.I think Mr.Fantastic came out before Elongated Man though."

Apparently that was DC's reason for creating him and according to wikipedia (I know, I know) it was the year before Reed debuted ('60 and '61).

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Barry Flash

Lol.

I thought Gladiator was a bit of a rip-off to Superman too, basically the same Powers and Costume.

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Clantern

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Clantern says:
"Barry Flash says:
No you're right, it was Stan Lee's version of a female flash, though he never actually got around to publishing it. http://www.writeups.org/affiche_fiche.php?id=2747 "

That version of the Flash was based on the original and was published by DC."

I thought it never got around to bieng published. I know Stan Lee asked if he could portray his own Flash, but i never said it was a rip-off, i just linked the page.

One of the top of my list has to be The Sentry to Superman, with the "S" on his shirt and everything!

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Barry Flash says:

"Oh okay i just read it somewhere on Wikipedia and got the wrong end of it. But isn't Plastic Man the son of Elongated Man or something. That's why i thought he was first, before Mr.Fantastic."

No, Plas was '41. He was a small time crook exposed to chemicals and became a hero. Ralph developed the formula for his powers seperately.

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Clantern

Ohhh i forgot about She-Hulk, the way CBS were going to make a programme out of it, but Stan Lee quickly wrote a comic and copywrited the idea, bit of a bumber for CBS :p

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Clantern says:

"I thought it never got around to bieng published. I know Stan Lee asked if he could portray his own Flash, but i never said it was a rip-off, i just linked the page. One of the top of my list has to be The Sentry to Superman, with the "S" on his shirt and everything!"

I didn't say you did say it was a rip off. It's not a rip off if you tell people what you are doing. The whole project was Stan Lee reimagining the Justice League and included alternate versions of most of DC's main characters.

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Clantern

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Clantern says:
"I thought it never got around to bieng published. I know Stan Lee asked if he could portray his own Flash, but i never said it was a rip-off, i just linked the page. One of the top of my list has to be The Sentry to Superman, with the "S" on his shirt and everything!"

I didn't say you did say it was a rip off. It's not a rip off if you tell people what you are doing. The whole project was Stan Lee reimagining the Justice League and included alternate versions of most of DC's main characters.

"

OK sorry, we're cool, i was just trying to make it clear :P Sorry about the confuion

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Barry Flash

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Barry Flash says:
"Oh okay i just read it somewhere on Wikipedia and got the wrong end of it. But isn't Plastic Man the son of Elongated Man or something. That's why i thought he was first, before Mr.Fantastic."

No, Plas was '41. He was a small time crook exposed to chemicals and became a hero. Ralph developed the formula for his powers seperately.

"

Yeah, you're right sorry.

I don't know where i got that idea from. Lol.

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kraven

You know who was also a big rip-off originally: Green Arrow.

He was initially created by a small company (I believe the same one that created Aquaman) that DC later bought-out.

GA had an "Arrow cave" and an "Arrow signal" and Speedy was just a rip-off of Robin.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Anitmonitor. The guy's a rip off of Galactus AND Pacman.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Sparda

Imperiex-buffed up rip-off of Galactus

Doomsday-buffed up (IMO) rip-off of Hulk

Thanos-rip-off of Darkseid.

There's probably more, but I can't really think of them right now. Those are the biggest that come to mind.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22  Edited By The_Martian

Hyperion, but he was ment to be.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sparda

Eternal Chaos says:

......And then DC ripped off Thanos. Lol. But we all know Thanos is better, lol.."

?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Sparda says:

"Imperiex-buffed up rip-off of Galactus Doomsday-buffed up (IMO) rip-off of Hulk Thanos-rip-off of Darkseid. There's probably more, but I can't really think of them right now. Those are the biggest that come to mind."

And then DC ripped off Thanos. Lol. But we all know Thanos is better, lol.

Sentry, as much as I like him. LoL.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Sparda says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
......And then DC ripped off Thanos. Lol. But we all know Thanos is better, lol. ."
?"

Somebody posted a few months ago, I think it was either Buck, Methos, or Sentinel that DC ripped off Thanos.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Eternal Chaos says:

"Sparda says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
......And then DC ripped off Thanos. Lol. But we all know Thanos is better, lol. ."
?"
Somebody posted a few months ago, I think it was either Buck, Methos, or Sentinel that DC ripped off Thanos."

I don't think it was me.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Sparda says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
?"
Somebody posted a few months ago, I think it was either Buck, Methos, or Sentinel that DC ripped off Thanos."
I don't think it was me. "

I remember somebody mentioning it. I just don't know who. It was a while ago.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kuchiku

its hard to say because psylocke and elaktra both look alike and are vary similiar id say there rip offs of each other even though there both awsome

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Bloody Superman Clones they come a dime a dozen

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hawk

Mimic

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hawk

I really hate all the "boys and "woman

Superboy

spidergirl.

real hard to think of that

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Hawk says:

"I really hate all the "boys and "womanSuperboyspidergirl.real hard to think of that"

Yeah alot of others to so many charcters have been rip offs of superman

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Colt Python says:

"Mr.Terrific and Black Panther are kind of alike.There both extremely smart black superheroes."

You're kidding right? They're nowhere near similar enough for one to be a ripoff of the other.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Copy

Eternal Chaos says:

"Sparda says:
"Imperiex-buffed up rip-off of Galactus Doomsday-buffed up (IMO) rip-off of Hulk Thanos-rip-off of Darkseid. There's probably more, but I can't really think of them right now. Those are the biggest that come to mind."
And then DC ripped off Thanos. Lol. But we all know Thanos is better, lol. Sentry, as much as I like him. LoL."

No. Sentry is basically gl and supes. While Hyperioin is full on supes.

JMAN1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JMAN1975

I read somewhere that Mongul was a rip-off of Thanos who as already stated is a rip-off of Darkseid.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Static Shock

Static is a rip-off of Black Lightning. Obviously. But, it's nothing, since every superhero is a rip-off of another, IMO.

J Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By J Rex

black cat is a rip off of Catwoman... but there are lots that are rip offs of her though

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sparda

J Rex says:

"black cat is a rip off of Catwoman... but there are lots that are rip offs of her though"

I pretty much think that general "feline women" (Tigra, Pantha) are all kinda inspired by Catwoman (though, IMO, Black Cat and Tigra are both way cooler than Catwoman).

J Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By J Rex

Sparda says:

"J Rex says:
"black cat is a rip off of Catwoman... but there are lots that are rip offs of her though"

I pretty much think that general "feline women" (Tigra, Pantha) are all kinda inspired by Catwoman (though, IMO, Black Cat and Tigra are both way cooler than Catwoman)."

i agree with you that feline characters are a rip BUT I have to completely disagree on the "way cooler" statement, if for nothing else but the principle of it

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gambler. That character is a total Gambit rip off.

J Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By J Rex

Sparda says:

"J Rex says:
"Sparda says:
"J Rex says:

I pretty much think that general "feline women" (Tigra, Pantha) are all kinda inspired by Catwoman (though, IMO, Black Cat and Tigra are both way cooler than Catwoman)."

i agree with you that feline characters are a rip BUT I have to completely disagree on the "way cooler" statement, if for nothing else but the principle of it"

I agree to disagree."

fair enough, i'll take that

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sparda

J Rex says:

"Sparda says:
"J Rex says:

i agree with you that feline characters are a rip BUT I have to completely disagree on the "way cooler" statement, if for nothing else but the principle of it"

I agree to disagree.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By acewasp23

Eternal Chaos says:

"Somebody posted a few months ago, I think it was either Buck, Methos, or Sentinel that DC ripped off Thanos."

might of been me that said it. LoL

DC made darkseid and marvel liked him so they made Thanos, the guy they had make him left and went to DC, he like the character so he made Mongul.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#44  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"Static is a rip-off of Black Lightning. Obviously. But, it's nothing, since every superhero is a rip-off of another, IMO."

Might be out of place here, but I don't think Static's a rip-off of another. Just because they share a power (and race) doesn't make one a rip-off.

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kraven

J Rex says:

Actually, a lot of Black Cat's characteristics were original and then later became part of Catwoman's character.

Before Black Cat, Catwoman was a criminal but not a "cat burglar", Catwoman never wore black and never had a romantic relationship with Batman.

Black Cat was based on an old cartoon character. The idea was to have a character who's power was bringing about bad luck.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By speedlgt

I always thought that tony stark was a ripoff of bruce wayne! Not that Ironman is rip off of batman but there identies

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Deathshroud

anything from Rob Liefeld after leaving marvel :P
Post Edited:2008-01-07 15:53:51

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kraven

speedlgt says:

"I always thought that tony stark was a ripoff of bruce wayne! Not that Ironman is rip off of batman but there identies"

Yeah, I agree. Except Bruce pretends to be a foolhardy-thrill seaking-drunken-playboy-womanizer to protect his identity where as Tony Stark actually is a foolhardy-thrill seeking-drunken-playboy-womanizer.

J Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By J Rex

Kraven says:

"J Rex says:
Actually, a lot of Black Cat's characteristics were original and then later became part of Catwoman's character. Before Black Cat, Catwoman was a criminal but not a "cat burglar", Catwoman never wore black and never had a romantic relationship with Batman. Black Cat was based on an old cartoon character. The idea was to have a character who's power was bringing about bad luck."

I'm going to research that and get back to you with a witty comment, unfortunately I dont know enough about black cat atm to saying anything of substance

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kraven

J Rex says:

"Kraven says:
"J Rex says:
Actually, a lot of Black Cat's characteristics were original and then later became part of Catwoman's character. Before Black Cat, Catwoman was a criminal but not a "cat burglar", Catwoman never wore black and never had a romantic relationship with Batman. Black Cat was based on an old cartoon character. The idea was to have a character who's power was bringing about bad luck."

I'm going to research that and get back to you with a witty comment, unfortunately I dont know enough about black cat atm to saying anything of substance"

I respect your desire to research before you judge. I used to think Black Cat was a rip-off until I read more about her.