• 144 results
novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By novi_homines

Who do you think has the better villains?

No Caption Provided

Notable batman villains: Joker, Mr. Freeze, Riddler, Ra's Al Ghul, Bane, Two-Face, Killer Croc, clayface, etc.

No Caption Provided

Notable spiderman villains: Green Goblin, Electro, Mysterio, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Sandman, Vulcan, Lizard, etc.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

While pretty close, Spider-Man I give the edge because he has less lame villains than Batman.

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Very close but I’ll give the edge to Batman villain they have better story (IMO)

BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikr2 said:

Very close but I’ll give the edge to Batman villain they have better story (IMO)

Better story? Hah. While Close it obviously goes to Spider-Man.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I'll give a slight edge to Batman's villains, mainly because of Hush.

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RIKR2

@bluelantern1995: jajajja like I said IMO :P, I have always think that Bats villain have cool Dark past and for the record i like spidey more than batsy

BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikr2: I know, just saying My opinion...

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Veshark

I prefer the Batman Rogues, though that might just be personal preference. Don't get me wrong, Spidey's got an awesome cast of villains, but the dark and grotesque nature of Batman's enemies just appeals to me more.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Batman villains better. Dont get me wrong, Spiderman has a great cast of rogues but I just prefer Batmans.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Spider-Man has the more fun villains for comic books, but Batman has the deeper villains for stories. At the end of the day, I think that gives Batman the edge.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I know spider-man's would destroy bats' rogue gallery... and I think there are more interesting characters that Spidey battles. Batman has some pretty iconic advesaries but overall his don't stack up.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

In my opinion Batman's villains lack variety. Because of the dark gritty setting all Batman's villains have the same sort of theme. Socipathic, murderers, psychotic etc.... whereas Spider-man's ones aren't all the same due to the setting. On one end you've got fun characters like Big Wheel and on the other downright scary ones like Morlun. With Batman you don't have the same differences.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

On one end you've got fun characters like Big Wheel and on the other downright scary ones like Morlun. With Batman you don't have the same differences.

Condiment King says hi.

Batman has plenty of absurd foes who are mainly around for comedic effect. It's just that the crazies are the ones who are most popular.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Spider-Man for me.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@citizenbane said:

Condiment King says hi.

Batman has plenty of absurd foes who are mainly around for comedic effect. It's just that the crazies are the ones who are most popular.

Isn't he a Birds Of Prey/Batgirl villain? IIRC he's had only 1 appearance in Batman but about 6-7 divided among the Birds Of Prey and Batgirl.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RustyRoy

Batvillains hands down though Spideyvillains are awesome too.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman the villains are super interesting and crazy! Plus there's bane

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

In my opinion Batman's villains lack variety. Because of the dark gritty setting all Batman's villains have the same sort of theme. Socipathic, murderers, psychotic etc.... whereas Spider-man's ones aren't all the same due to the setting. On one end you've got fun characters like Big Wheel and on the other downright scary ones like Morlun. With Batman you don't have the same differences.

Couldn't the same be said for Spider-Man writers fascination with insect themed villains,Goblin wannabes and Venom ripoffs?That I think sums up like 99% of the Spider-Man villains.Still I do think Spidey rogues are overall a better match for Spidey than Batrogues are for Bruce(not just physical strength).

As for whose are better thats hard,but Batman does have more notable new additions who are fairly unique.

Batman has plenty of fun villains too,Riddler is pure comedy.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Batman.

Spider-Man's villains are easy to remember because you just say an animal name and chances are you've hit one of the head. But they're not terribly interesting. Green Goblin is just Lex and the Joker combined, Doc Ock sucks (as Slott has plainly shown), Chameleon is boring, Sandman is waaaaaay too powerful for Spidey, Rhino and Shocker and Electro are good, Venom was fantastic but has been watered down completely. Beetle is a good guy now. Kingpin is off fighting DD. And the rest are by and large not very good.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to pile on, but personally, I actually enjoy this. It gives Batman's Rogues a sort of unifying central theme - the idea that Batman's madness breeds madness in Gotham. Plus, sociopaths fit perfectly into Bats' violent world...I'd be a little weirded out if I suddenly saw aliens in page 4 of the Batman solo title. It works in the Justice League, but for Batman, a more psychotic approach is necessary.

At any rate, one could say that the bulk of Spidey's villains fall into the same core categories as well. Most are animal-themed or science-based crooks obsessed with wealth and riches. Of course not all Spider-Man villains fall into these broad categories, but really, nearly every superhero's rogues galleries have archetypes. Wonder Woman's villains are largely mythological in some way (Ares, Cheetah), Superman's are usually aliens (Brainiac, Darkseid) or science-based villains (Parasite, Luthor, Metallo), Flash's villains are all cheesy, colorful blue-collars concerned only with profit (Captain Cold, Mirror Master, the entire Rogues really). Et cetera.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

Condiment King says hi.

Isn't he a Birds Of Prey/Batgirl villain? IIRC he's had only 1 appearance in Batman but about 6-7 divided among the Birds Of Prey and Batgirl.

Was making a point >.<

If you want a more frequent Batman villain, there's Maxie Zeus.

I think the most valid criticism you could level against Batman's rogue's gallery is that there are far too many characters in the mold of the Anti-Batman. There's the two (soon to be three) Wraths, Hush, Deathstroke, Prometheus, Bane, Owlman, Dr. Hurt, the Heretic, Nobody, the Reaper, etc. But then again, all major characters have this problem. Spider-Man has Venom, Carnage, Black Tarantula et al, Superman has Zod, Henshaw, Bizarro etc.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Vulture solos.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Batman's villains are much smarter and more classic

lilcraig92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ra's Al Goul and The Joker

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Batmans!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should've been a poll.

@k4tzm4n said:

Vulture solos.

Against Joker?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#28  Edited By Joygirl

Bat-villains for the huge win. Joker, Hush, Riddler, Harley, Two-Face, Bane, Ra's -- his top-tier villains far exceed Spidey's, most of which I generally dislike (pretty much only Venom, who I prefer as a hero).

BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Should've been a poll.

@k4tzm4n said:

Vulture solos.

Against Joker?

Lizard certainly does.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Should've been a poll.

@k4tzm4n said:

Vulture solos.

Against Joker?

Lizard certainly does.

In terms of strength? or do you mean as a better villain?

BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@rustyroy said:

@bluelantern1995 said:

@rustyroy said:

Should've been a poll.

@k4tzm4n said:

Vulture solos.

Against Joker?

Lizard certainly does.

Both, I just enjoy him more. You have to admit that their isn't another villain like him. Joker however has millions(however he is the best in his area).

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#32  Edited By Extremis

It's not about whose villains are more powerful it's whose are more interesting.

I think Batmans villains are more interesting because of the psychology they each represent, and how many of them are great foils for Bats. Spider-Man's rogues are beast, no doubt, but Bat's villains have such a psychological depth and weight to them. Many of them represent a vision of the world through the lense of different mental illnesses.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@bluelantern1995 said:

@rustyroy said:

Should've been a poll.

@k4tzm4n said:

Vulture solos.

Against Joker?

Lizard certainly does.

Both, I just enjoy him more. You have to admit that their isn't another villain like him. Joker however has millions(however he is the best in his area).

Killer Croc pretty much resembles Lizard and Croc's not a bad character either and Joker is the father of those million of villains like him. I like Lizard too but for me he's no where near Joker.

papabearg4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

I think Batmans villains are more interesting because of the psychology they each represent, and how many of them are great foils for Bats. Spider-Man's rogues are beast, no doubt, but Bat's villains have such a psychological depth and weight to them. Many of them represent a vision of the world through the lense of different mental illnesses.

Well said.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

It's not about whose villains are more powerful it's whose are more interesting.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Batman, no doubt.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Spiderman

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Bane is my favorite villain of all time, but overall Spidey's rogues is just a bit better. No doubt about it...

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By comicace3

Batman has more psychotic villains... which I like.

Auralaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey

czechoslovakia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By czechoslovakia

Bats

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bats but spidey is close

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man, always.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By theTimeStreamer

the genius that is killer croc. or clayface. or two-face. or killer moth. and the list goes on. whereas 97% of spidey's villains have at least 1 phd.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Saren

@themanintheshoe said:

the genius that is killer croc. or clayface. or two-face. or killer moth. and the list goes on. whereas 97% of spidey's villains have at least 1 phd.

Batman has Ra's al Ghul, Hugo Strange, Hush, Simon Hurt, Owlman, Prometheus, Bane and the Calculator if you want highly intelligent foes. Meanwhile, Spider-Man has Rhino, Tombstone, Mac Gargan, Sandman, Hammerhead, Big Wheel and a bunch of other folks who have never formed their own team or organization because Marvel is clearly afraid that such a measure will make Mensa obsolete.

Really, don't bother raising indefensible points. Particularly if you're going to describe Harvey Dent as dumb when the man was a highly accomplished district attorney.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@citizenbane: i wasnt raising indefensible points. just giving examples of dumb batman villains.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: i wasnt raising indefensible points. just giving examples of dumb batman villains.

".....whereas 97% of Spider-Man villains have at least 1 Ph.D", in addition to being a figure that's laughably off, also forms the implication that Spider-Man villains have some kind of vast intellectual edge. That is an indefensible point.