Better portrayed villain in Superhero team-up movie? MCU Loki or DCEU Lex Luthor (READ OP FIRST)

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Better portrayed villain in Superhero team-up movie? MCU Loki or DCEU Lex Luthor (READ OP FIRST) (49 votes)

MCU Loki in The Avengers (2012), played by Tom Hiddleston 80%
DCEU Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman (2016), played by Jesse Eisenberg 20%
Abstain / I do not know enough to vote either way 0%

NOTE

We are talking about movie versions of villains compared to their original comics counterpart - Tom Hiddleston's Loki is based on Marvel Comics' Loki, while Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor is based on DC's Lex Luthor.

Do you find the villain's characterization accurate compared to their comics version?

This is NOT about which villain character you think gave a better performance, it is NOT about which villain character you like better.

Discuss.

• 
exav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By exav3n

Lex was at least to me way out of character and i don't think its only the actors performance i thinks its the writing too its not eisenbergs fault its not like he was the one who decided this lex portrayal was good...

now i don't know tooo much about Loki from the comics just sometimes here and there he seems to me (and here comes the funny part) eisenberg lex like in the comics compared to how Tom portrayed him (not like in a bad way but in a more eccentric crazier more lively way ?)

does this make sense ? :D

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The only well done cinematic comic book villain in the past ten years versus one of the worst cinematic comic book villains in the past ten years. Loki is going to win this vote.

I know this is about comic book comparisons and not preferences like in my statement above, but I think Lex missed the mark so much that he doesn't stand a chance in the vote.

At least Loki's manipulation and mischief is done well in the movies. His motivations and methods are extremely far fetched, but believable in the universe created in MCU. That's a pretty important part of Loki IMO, and something very comic booky. Loki wins this, without a doubt in my mind.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenberg played a fine Riddler.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki. Tom Hiddleston playing this character will go down as all-time great casting in cbm's imo

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki. Tom Hiddleston playing this character will go down as all-time great casting in cbm's imo

Ryan Reynolds disagrees. :)

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesse was a great Riddler, i have no idea what you guys are smoking.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

I enjoyed Loki more, I just wish he wasn't constantly made to look foolish by every Avenger.

Having said that, Lex was constantly made to look foolish by the script...sooooo

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

One i dont care about and found his performance okay,the other destroyed me emotionally and caused me to get in the fetal position for weeks..... Hmmmm, decisions decisions

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we are talking about accuracy to comic book counterparts, I'd say Hiddleston. But Eisenberg gave a much stronger performance.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's obvious Loki is more like his comicbook version.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: *nods* I stand corrected: One of the all-time great castings

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tj849

Lex. I still dont understand why he got hate he was a great villain.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki. Despite feeling not that much intimidating at all tbh he was better portrayed than BvS Lex.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki is more like his comic book counterpart.

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shadow411

Loki is more like comic counter part, so I put him. But if this was, "Which villain was better in cinema?" That goes to Lex all day. His ideology/desire to learn/intensity/emotion/craziness was incredible to me. I know comic Lex wasn't as drastic on all these things as Eisenberg. But as far as entertaining goes, Lex all day.

I personally liked cinematic Lex more than comic lex mainly because cinematic Lex was more relatable. You could literally feel his intensity through the screen, to me that's ridiculous.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Loki in every regard.

And while i agree that Loki was at his peak in the First Thor, even his worst stuff outshines Lexenberg's best.

Beata

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

Still Loki.

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I felt like I was watching a gay riddler trying to act as joker while watching lex.

Loki all the way

-hood

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki stomps

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki. Not only was BvS's Lex almost entirely out of character (at least going by his mainstream comic book version) but his plan was extremely flawed and stupid. Loki's plan was also flawed to a degree, considering that the Chitauri didn't show any kind of weapon or unit that could deal with the Hulk (but that was probably something Loki didn't know) but even so, his goal was to conquer Earth and with a massive army like that, he could have achieved it, without the need of killing Hulk.

Lex's plan on the other hand, jeez, where do i start? He wants to show the world that Superman should not be worshipped as god, cause he is also capable of evil. However, since he is smart to realize that, he must also realize MANY people are really freaking stupid and don't listen to reason or abide to common sense. But let's go deeper. The plan is, we blackmail Superman into fighting Batman. The reason behind this is we have played Batman into seeing Superman as evil and since he stole the kryptonite, we know he is gonna be ready to kill Supes. So by getting him to fight Batman, there is a chance that he dies. Even though Superman is fast enough to just scan the entire city for his mother, rescue her and then beat the crap out of Lex. Then we have Supes being an idiot for pushing and throwing Batman against the floor and heavy walls, instead of just plunging him into the ground and telling him everything he needs to know. As all this is happening, genious Lex creates Doomsday, with no knowledge of what the outcome may be. So, despite the outcome of BvS, Doomsday is born. Now with Doomsday on the loose, Lex has just doomed the entire earth as proof that Kryptonians can be evil. If Batman wins the fight, he can't kill Doomsday, so the Earth falls. If Superman wins the fight, he loses to Doomsday, so Earth falls again. So, the very creation of Doomsday by Lex is such a stupid idea that its unthinkable how they came up with it and the reasoning behind it.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki