Best Villain: MCU Nobu or CW Merlyn?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ganon15

Poll Best Villain: MCU Nobu or CW Merlyn? (36 votes)

Nobu 31%
Merlyn 69%

Which and why?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merelyn motivation wasn't bad at all, I liked it but after season 2 there was no point of him coming back he's just forced in Arrow show now

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticdwanyemcduffie: That's true he should of stayed but at least he has motivation all Nobu is concerned is raising the "Blacksky" which we still dont know what it does.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

@staticdwanyemcduffie: That's true he should of stayed but at least he has motivation all Nobu is concerned is raising the "Blacksky" which we still dont know what it does.

True

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malcolm, and it isn't close

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Classic Merlyn in a stomp. Nobu may have been the Main villain but it never felt that way. Didn't help most of the time was focused on Matt's relationships with Frank and Elektra

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, Merlyn obviously? Nobu was a badass in S1 of Daredevil, but once he came back and had the role of central villain placed on him and we realized he had no depth at all, it became clear that he's meant to be a henchman and nothing more.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Merlyn. Better & more developed character, even if I got sick of him after Season 1, and felt like more of a threat.

I forgot Nobu even existed until I saw this thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How are people voting for Nobu? He is one of the least interesting villains I have ever seen.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Nobu is probably more eviiiillll, but I like Merlyn way more. Plus, he is a better fighter.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Merlyn in a stomp. Nobu may have been the Main villain but it never felt that way. Didn't help most of the time was focused on Matt's relationships with Frank and Elektra

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobu may have better depth with the Hell Kitchen mafia and Chinese workers in S1, but I prefer Malcolm's personality more.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merlyn in a massive stomp. He has definitely overstayed his welcome but Nobu is barely even a character. I don't even consider DD season 2 to have a villain beyond "The Hand".

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

The one that has more than a handful of lines

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMFAAAAAAAAAO!! @the DC wanking! Nobu in stomp.

Lol! What's next? Who the better character outta CW Flash and DD!? LOL! GTFO!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

Merlyn started to feel redundant and non-threatening after a while, but I'd certainly place S1 Malcolm over Nobu. He doesn't even seem like he's that high up in the Hand. He seems like middle management, even Stick only ever says that he's 'pretty high up'. Plus the Hand is older than most countries yet he's only lived 3 lifetimes, he's not one of the leaders.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Merlyn started to feel redundant and non-threatening after a while, but I'd certainly place S1 Malcolm over Nobu. He doesn't even seem like he's that high up in the Hand. He seems like middle management, even Stick only ever says that he's 'pretty high up'. Plus the Hand is older than most countries yet he's only lived 3 lifetimes, he's not one of the leaders.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@demfeettho:

Why exactly was Nobu a better villain then? Unlike almost everyone else you don't back up your reasoning?

All he ever did was beat up DD hell even in season he never felt like "the" main villain and and enforcer for someone greater in the Hand.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly, after Kingpin, Nobu was extremely lackluster.

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x:

"Why exactly was Nobu a better villain then? Unlike almost everyone else you don't back up your reasoning?

All he ever did was beat up DD hell even in season he never felt like "the" main villain and and enforcer for someone greater in the Hand."

Before we even get into better villian quality there's a certain level of quality that characters must reach before I can even start to care. Nobu stomps in:

Intensity

Acting

Fighting

Costume

Etc..,

The CW quality is so low I can even take Merlyn seriously due to to many flat lines, crap acting, looks and fighting.

So Nobu is better cuz I just can't take Merlyn seriously. To cheesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MCU bias and Arrow hate is really showing here. No matter what you think of either show Merlyn is objectively a great character and Nobu is a terrible one.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merlyn was the only part of the shitfest that was Arrow Season 1 that was interesting, the guy that plays him is a good actor and his quest to make things right with his son/revenge was good. I don't think it makes him better than Nobu overall though, none of these guys really are better than the other to me at least.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

The MCU bias and Arrow hate is really showing here. No matter what you think of either show Merlyn is objectively a great character and Nobu is a terrible one.

Ok seriously, you need to stop. A grand total of one person has said anything bad about Malcolm, and Malcolm has a pretty easy majority in the poll. You, and a bunch of other people who know who they are, waltz into almost every MCU and CW thread, bitching for the sake of bitching.

Yes, Malcolm is a good character. He is not objectively a great character, since this is a person's freaking opinion. I don't think Nobu is a terrible character, but you don't see me bitching about you hating him, do you?

So please, do us all a favor and quit your whining. These are characters on TV shows.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: A lot of people are still saying that they're "sick" of Merlyn and calling Arrow a "sh!tfest" which is more than "a grand total of one person" hating.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Stormdriven

@nickzambuto: They're not allowed to have opinions? Granted, I'm sure I'm one of the few people who finds Season 1 of Arrow to be underrated, but if people want to believe the show sucks, then let them. Who cares, right? Sure the reasoning can be kinda dumb, but that's also an opinion as well.

Regardless, he'd made that comment before GWB posted, so it was unprecedented to say the least. As far as TheSpoiler's comment, I can understand why he would say that. I don't necessarily agree, but Malcolm has been used a ton throughout the show.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: They're not allowed to have opinions? Granted, I'm sure I'm one of the few people who finds Season 1 of Arrow to be underrated, but if people want to believe the show sucks, then let them. Who cares, right? Sure the reasoning can be kinda dumb, but that's also an opinion as well.

Regardless, he'd made that comment before GWB posted, so it was unprecedented to say the least. As far as TheSpoiler's comment, I can understand why he would say that. I don't necessarily agree, but Malcolm has been used a ton throughout the show.

That's true.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By brucerogers

@lubub55 said:

Ok seriously, you need to stop. A grand total of one person has said anything bad about Malcolm, and Malcolm has a pretty easy majority in the poll. You, and a bunch of other people who know who they are, waltz into almost every MCU and CW thread, bitching for the sake of bitching.

Yes, Malcolm is a good character. He is not objectively a great character, since this is a person's freaking opinion. I don't think Nobu is a terrible character, but you don't see me bitching about you hating him, do you?

So please, do us all a favor and quit your whining. These are characters on TV shows.

This. So much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Last time I looked votes for Nobu were at about 44%. Notice how the people who vote for him in the poll don't actually say it in the comments or give reasons for their vote. Nobu got almost no character development and was not interesting. People vote against Arrow no matter what it is. I would accept the current poll if Nobu was replaced with Wilson Fisk who is actually a compelling character, but not Nobu.

stark05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

obviously nobu

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I voted Nobu, because I misread the question. Honestly I dont think either is remarkable.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merlyn in a stomp.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: You didn't like Merlyn even in Season 1? Anyway, what did you read the question as?

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55:

Last time I looked votes for Nobu were at about 44%.

And? You just automatically assumed that they hate Arrow, as you always do.

Notice how the people who vote for him in the poll don't actually say it in the comments or give reasons for their vote.

So what? Who gives a shit? Who are you to presume the reasons why people are voting for one or the other? You're victimizing Arrow, again, as you always do.

Nobu got almost no character development and was not interesting.

And you are free to feel that way. I'm sure there are some that would disagree, and explain why he isn't that way.

People vote against Arrow no matter what it is.

SOME PEOPLEvote against Arrow, no matter what it is. Just like people vote against the DCEU, or DC, or Marvel, or the MCU, or literally anything else.

I would accept the current poll if Nobu was replaced with Wilson Fisk who is actually a compelling character, but not Nobu.]

You're bitching about others being biased, yet only accept when things go your way? Right. Stop taking these things so personal, it's a TV show, not your life. Incessant comments like the ones that you and plenty of other people make ruin threads.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven:

And? You just automatically assumed that they hate Arrow, as you always do.

Most people on this site do hate Arrow and lots vote against it no matter what the poll is. There is a reason lots of people vote against Arrow in the polls but are unwilling to comment that and say why.

So what? Who gives a shit? Who are you to presume the reasons why people are voting for one or the other? You're victimizing Arrow, again, as you always do.

I have already stated multiple times why it is obvious that people are voting against Arrow.

And you are free to feel that way. I'm sure there are some that would disagree, and explain why he isn't that way.

And yet no one has. They vote against Arrow without giving any reasoning.

SOME PEOPLEvote against Arrow, no matter what it is. Just like people vote against the DCEU, or DC, or Marvel, or the MCU, or literally anything else.

It happens in lots of things, but for most of those people still actually put some thought into their vote. This happens to Arrow the most though by far.

You're bitching about others being biased, yet only accept when things go your way?

When did I say that? How is that statement linked to what you quoted?

Right. Stop taking these things so personal, it's a TV show, not your life.

I don't take votes against a TV series personally, since I have nothing to do with it.

Incessant comments like the ones that you and plenty of other people make ruin threads.

Do you know what else ruins threads? Voting against a TV series no matter what the question is purely because you dislike it.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55:

Most people on this site do hate Arrow and lots vote against it no matter what the poll is. There is a reason lots of people vote against Arrow in the polls but are unwilling to comment that and say why.

There are plenty of people who vote for Arrow, and don't specify why. But that doesn't mean anything, right?

I have already stated multiple times why it is obvious that people are voting against Arrow.

And what if you're wrong? You do realize that not everybody hates Arrow? Maybe they have genuine gripes with the show, but still like it. I for one, am in that category.

And yet no one has. They vote against Arrow without giving any reasoning.

Who cares? No one has to explain themselves if they don't want to.

It happens in lots of things, but for most of those people still actually put some thought into their vote. This happens to Arrow the most though by far.

Have you tried going into any DCEU thread? Or a Naruto thread? They get shit on way more than the CW does. Arrow isn't special, quit treating it like it's the only thing anybody hates.

When did I say that? How is that statement linked to what you quoted?

Because you can only accept a poll being close if it's a villain you like, clearly. Otherwise it's "STOP HATING ON ARROW"

I don't take votes against a TV series personally, since I have nothing to do with it.

Then what's with all the whining?

Do you know what else ruins threads? Voting against a TV series no matter what the question is purely because you dislike it.

Just like voting for something no matter what it is ruins threads. Seriously, quit complaining. This had derailed the thread, so I won't be responding further.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven:

There are plenty of people who vote for Arrow, and don't specify why. But that doesn't mean anything, right?

If you look at the comments there are lots of people who have specified why they are voting for Arrow. Not everyone needs to, but there are quite a lot of posts detailing why people voted for Merlyn and none for why people voted for Nobu.

And what if you're wrong? You do realize that not everybody hates Arrow? Maybe they have genuine gripes with the show, but still like it. I for one, am in that category.

I am also in that category. It doesn't mean that I need to vote against it no matter what though. I am not saying that it is never acceptable to vote against Arrow.

Who cares? No one has to explain themselves if they don't want to.

Already been through this.

Have you tried going into any DCEU thread? Or a Naruto thread? They get shit on way more than the CW does. Arrow isn't special, quit treating it like it's the only thing anybody hates.

I often see people vote for DCEU in polls which aren't regarding quality.

Because you can only accept a poll being close if it's a villain you like, clearly. Otherwise it's "STOP HATING ON ARROW"

I didn't say that I would only accept it if it was a character I liked, since I actually think merlyn is a better villain than Fisk. What I'm saying is that Fisk actually had personality, character and development and is actually regarded as a great villain. Nobu is arguably the worst MCU villain and that's saying something. He is objectively bad.