inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Every week, we take a look at some of the most bizarre, exciting, and downright unique things to happen in comics. Check out our choices of the strange and wacky things that shouldn't be overlooked from this week's releases.

There may be some tiny spoilers ahead.

The Dark and Bloody #4

Best Nightmare-Inducing Imagery

No Caption Provided

When someone you know turns into a giant, murderous crow, with the intentions of tearing you apart, you're going to have nightmares for the rest of your life.

The Dark and Bloody #4

Most Intense Scene

No Caption Provided

Following that frightening moment, readers are treated to two pages of some intense moments as the human-crow beast attacks. Apparently, a shotgun is still the easiest way to deal with crow people.

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #6

Best Scene We Acted Out With Our Toys as Kids

No Caption Provided

As a child, you probably played with all of your toys, no matter what company the licenses came from. This week, Batman and Shredder had one epic battle, which was a moment stripped right from when we were kids.

Starfire #12

Best Time to Quit Drinking

No Caption Provided

If you're ever wondering when you should call it a night after drinking, just look into the sky. If you see an orange woman riding a flying dolphin, it's time to go to bed.

Vision #7

Best Joke

No Caption Provided

The Vision tries to connect with his ex-wife, Scarlet Witch, in bed by telling a joke, with an incredibly dry delivery. It's still a solid joke though.

Gwenpool #2

Best Way to Get a Hero's Attention

No Caption Provided

If you see Thor in the sky, lots of people are going to be yelling "Thor" to get her attention. However, if you want to make sure she'll turn around, call her by her birth-name.

Earth 2: Society #12

Best Surprise Return

No Caption Provided

There was a huge surprise at the end of Earth 2 this week. One of the oldest supervillains at DC comics, Ultra-Humanite, made his return.

Web Warriors #7

Best Mixture of a '90s Character and an Animal

No Caption Provided

Doctor Doom is pretty cool. Doom 2099 is pretty cool as well. What if you took the concept of Doom 2099 and made him a duck? Well, you'd get Ducktor Doom 2099. It's ridiculous and wonderful all at the same time.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #3

Best Power Rangers Replacement

No Caption Provided

If there's a Putty loose in town, and the Power Rangers aren't available, who are you going to call? Well, Bulk and Skull got all dressed up to try and help some people that needed to be saved from a Putty.

Kennel Block Blues #4

Best Song and Dance Number During a Prison Escape

No Caption Provided

Trying to escape from prison can be intense and nerve-wracking. The easiest way to get back on all that stress is to turn it into a giant musical number.

All-New, All-Different Avengers #9

Best Stern Talking To

No Caption Provided

After a new Wasp meets the Avengers, Jarvis gets pretty upset and gives her a quick history lesson about who Janet Van Dyne was.

Deadpool #11

Best and Weirdest Getaway

No Caption Provided

Deadpool has always been a weird character, but the end of last week's issue was super-weird, as Deadpool found himself on a horse, running from Mounties.

Silk #8

Best Almost Escape

No Caption Provided

Spider-Gwen may have an amazing amount of agility, but she's not perfect. She almost makes an escape in issue #8 of Silk, but gets shocked at the end.

That's it this week. Let us know in the comments below what other Best Stuff you dug this past week. Thanks to @ploiken for the contribution. If you want to participate or felt we missed some other Best Stuff, don't complain, contribute! Each week you can @reply us on Twitter at @GManFromHeck and @ImMatElfring by Fridays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics. We'll give you a shout out and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Have never heard of The Dark and Bloody before, but it looks downright frightening. Gotta pick it up now.

I'm predicting that Nadia will turn out to be some sort of double agent or something. Planted there to cozy up to the Avengers for some specific goal.

Weirdly enough, I picked up Gwenpool last week, just to see what the appeal of the character was. As it usually is with characters who adapt to a world that they previously believed was harmless, this was entertaining. Good premise, interesting reactions, but on the downside, established characters are (yet again) acting out of character, and I still think that the name, and the costume, seem uninspired.

Savage_Sword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What was that armor that Batman was wearing when he fought Shredder? looks cool.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That Shredder vs. Batman fight panel is really cool.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I thought Ultra Humanite already made an appearance (could be wrong though)

SwampPing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 26

@captainmarvel4ever: He showed up briefly in the Darkseid villains month issue (really more of a cameo than anything) but he's been MIA for most of the New 52.

Earth 2 is awesome right now though! Dan Abnett is killing it!

Also is Dark and Bloody any good? Looks pretty freaky always on the lookout for more horror series.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have never heard of The Dark and Bloody before, but it looks downright frightening. Gotta pick it up now.

I'm predicting that Nadia will turn out to be some sort of double agent or something. Planted there to cozy up to the Avengers for some specific goal.

Weirdly enough, I picked up Gwenpool last week, just to see what the appeal of the character was. As it usually is with characters who adapt to a world that they previously believed was harmless, this was entertaining. Good premise, interesting reactions, but on the downside, established characters are (yet again) acting out of character, and I still think that the name, and the costume, seem uninspired.

O-My-God! A REAL review on Gwenpool by someone who really read it and explain what he like and what not!?!?!

You are great! [not sarcasm, really! I'm surprised!]

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm going forward to the Batman vs Shredder fight.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I enjoyed Gwenpool up until Thor showed up and we got the obligatory defense of her existence.

Bad Guy: You're not the true Thor! He would never miss like that!

Jane: Yeah huh! I'm the real Thor and I just embarrassed you 'cuz I'm Thor! *Smack*

Other than that bit of cringe, it was a good issue imo.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. Dark and Bloody looks awesome.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Glad you mentioned web warriors but it should have been who stopped the invasion and how!

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs shredder was amaZing . Love that page , worthy of a poster . Though I wish he would of fought the shredder without the suit

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jarvis sums up how a lot of people feel about new Wasp, new Thor, new Spider-Man... basically all the wannabes.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Jarvis sums up how a lot of people feel about new Wasp, new Thor, new Spider-Man... basically all the wannabes.

I get that change is hard, but no that speech wasn't the same at all. There were no sexist or racist undertones there.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@save_me_now: I don't think everyone who has a problem with the new bunch is being racist or sexist. It just feels forced that a lot of prominent characters are replaced in an effort to be politically correct.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I love how Asrar doesn't draw his women with a double D bust.

Ongzhikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I get that change is hard, but no that speech wasn't the same at all. There were no sexist or racist undertones there.

I think it's more sexist/racist to assume the only way for a new female or ethnic character to have any cred is to have them take over another character's identity, it just feels like lazy writing and blatant pandering to attempt to lure in new readers from those groups. I think it would be better if they simply killed off the characters they don't think are selling well and/or create new decent female/ethnic characters who can stand on their own without riding on the coat tails of an established character. Jane Foster could have been called anything, she has been around for years and was a good character on her own (I liked her as Blood Axe) without needing to become the new Thor, it's not like other characters haven't been given their own Uru hammers before (Thunderstrike and Beta Ray Bill). Storm is a good, strong, and capable female and ethnic character who is a great character in her own right without needing to be a new female version of an existing character. While I agree that there need to be more positive characters in comics to represent all walks of life, gender, ethnicity, and beliefs, I do not believe that older and often beloved characters need to be replaced and have their identities stolen or copied to accommodate them. It sends a stronger message when a new character is able to garner a following for the attributes that character develops on their own and for the strength of the writing of their stories.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jim158 said:

@neongamewave: is that a download or a cd?

Are you referring to my avatar? If so, its Beat from Jet Set Radio :)

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jim158

Sorry. I must have gotten an advertisement mixed up as your post.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ongzhikai: There are other characters. If you miss Thor, pick up a Superman or another tittle on the rack. Obviously they changed Thor's gender to appeal to females. Which stands to reason it she may not be appealing to some loyal Thor readers. No law states that you have to like or buy this comic. And Marvel only capitalizes off of your frustration. You make the character more appealing to some by posting your displeasure.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellar421: @ongzhikai: Marvel is feeding a race-gender war they have created across their titles. Why else degrade the characters of your own books? Not saying any one title but the over all agenda stinks.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's more sexist/racist to assume the only way for a new female or ethnic character to have any cred is to have them take over another character's identity, it just feels like lazy writing and blatant pandering to attempt to lure in new readers from those groups. I think it would be better if they simply killed off the characters they don't think are selling well and/or create new decent female/ethnic characters who can stand on their own without riding on the coat tails of an established character. Jane Foster could have been called anything, she has been around for years and was a good character on her own (I liked her as Blood Axe) without needing to become the new Thor, it's not like other characters haven't been given their own Uru hammers before (Thunderstrike and Beta Ray Bill). Storm is a good, strong, and capable female and ethnic character who is a great character in her own right without needing to be a new female version of an existing character. While I agree that there need to be more positive characters in comics to represent all walks of life, gender, ethnicity, and beliefs, I do not believe that older and often beloved characters need to be replaced and have their identities stolen or copied to accommodate them. It sends a stronger message when a new character is able to garner a following for the attributes that character develops on their own and for the strength of the writing of their stories.

EXACTLY. I've been saying this about Storm and Rogue for months. They don't need to ride on a male characters coat tails to make their own mark.