Posted by No_Name_ (16193 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we spotlight some of our favorite comic covers for the week's new releases. This week we had plenty of good looking covers, but we are sure to have missed a few. If there are any covers that you absolutely loved this week that did not make our list be sure to post them in the forum below!

Artist Alex Maleev does an outstanding job illustrating the cover to this month's BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT ANNUAL #1. Batman himself is at the center of the image and behind him are some of his biggest adversaries. Meleev paints a dark picture and we love it.

Next up is Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon's fantastic cover to B.P.R.D. VAMPIRE #3. The image is lovely, dark and brooding and very representative of the events that occur within the pages of the issue as well.

The cover to the first issue of CLIVE BARKER NEW TESTAMENT by artist Goñi Montes is really stunning. The image is abstract, beautiful and striking. The colors are vibrant and the image is simply a pleasure to look at.

The cover to FURY MAX #12 is really very cool. Dave Johnson delivers an abstract picture that holds a lot of meaning. The image is stylistically very square, and the result is just fantastic.

Artist Sanjuilan's incentive, variant cover for KING CONAN: HOUR OF THE DRAGON #1 the picture is incredibly detailed and King Conan's expression is powerful. It's a lovely image with an absolutely beautiful array of colors.

Sonia Oback captures mood and tone beautifully in her cover to MIND THE GAP #10. Her use of light and shadows is fantastic and the it appears as though you can almost feel the water in the picture.

Chris Samnee is by far one of our favorite artists, and what he has done for the cover to THE SHADOW: YEAR ONE #3 is just amazing. The dark shadows in the image are used to highlight the features and different aspects of the character and the result is gorgeous.

Last but certainly not least is the cover to X-MEN #1, the new Marvel comics series that stars some of our favorite Marvel Comics ladies. Olivier Coipel does an amazing job with this cover and each and every one of these ladies look fierce. We love it.

#1 Posted by RoTheKid (259 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Conan cover but I have to say, I've never liked that particular look for Storm. Just doesn't do it for me.

#2 Posted by Chewish (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Coipel did a really great job with that X-Men cover.

Finally, a group of female superheroes that don't look overly sexualized!!!

#3 Posted by blkson (788 posts) - - Show Bio

@rothekid said:

I like the Conan cover but I have to say, I've never liked that particular look for Storm. Just doesn't do it for me.

Agreed. Mohawk Storm looks utterly ridiculous IMO.

#4 Edited by Hawkguy (625 posts) - - Show Bio

So glad I got this cover. Awesome stuff.

The Parel cover for Conan was great too!

The Next Testament cover looks great, caught my eye when I saw it.

#5 Posted by xkoenig (469 posts) - - Show Bio

Olivier Coipel did a fantastic job with that cover. I was never a fan of storm's Mohawk and leather jacket look back in the 80s, but I actually like it now.

#6 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (8564 posts) - - Show Bio

Was Xmen good?

#7 Posted by HempKnight757 (169 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by fables87 (1530 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many good covers on here!

#9 Posted by TheUnN4med (86 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't like what they did to storm.

All good covers!!

#10 Edited by longbowhunter (9055 posts) - - Show Bio

Dave Johnson is pretty much king of covers. I really need to read Fury MAX now that its almost done.

#11 Edited by CoffeeWithBagels (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Mind The Gap and The Shadow have cloaked darkness on my mind as my favourite covers for this week.

#12 Posted by DonFelipe (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

Fury MAX, and especially Next Testament and Mind the Gap are amazing.

X-Men is great, too, but does Storm really need to have this mohawk?

#13 Posted by cmaprice (859 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3998 posts) - - Show Bio

Boring covers this week.

#15 Edited by henrik (588 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Akindoodle (1050 posts) - - Show Bio

I really expected one of these

I thought The Wake covers were pretty cool as well as the promo pic

#17 Posted by Icon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Those X-Men covers are already classics imo.

#18 Posted by papad1992 (7025 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by Tyrannotaur (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked this variant cover to X-men #1 by Terry Dodson. I tried to get it at my store, but it was extremely limited. It's for sale online at like 30 bucks now. Too much for a new comic so I passed it up.

#20 Posted by batarang614 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd have to say fury max

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

To the victory goes the Batman: The Dark Knight Annual cover for me.

#22 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

I really expected one of these

I thought The Wake covers were pretty cool as well as the promo pic

this

#23 Edited by Conor5000 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@xkoenig: I Agree...Loving Coipel's take (Especially Storms Mohawk) on these X-Men. His art gets better by the day. I just wish he lasted more than 3 issues.

#24 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12051 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Dark Knight and Xmen covers!!!

#25 Posted by MisterNefarious (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@theunn4med: I'm the opposite, I REALLY like what they did with Storm.

Can anybody fill me in as to why Storm and Psylocke are on BOTH the X-Men and X-Force teams? I haven't really been following X Men since Whedon left. I wanna get back into it with All New (Love Cyclops in that series), and these two teams have me curious

#26 Edited by Miss_Garrick (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, the Conan cover was like a painting! That's awesome!

Storm with a Mohawk means her badass is going up to 11.

#27 Posted by Seafarinhare (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@chewish said:

Coipel did a really great job with that X-Men cover.

Finally, a group of female superheroes that don't look overly sexualized!!!

Seems like they actively worked to avoid doing that. Psylocke is wearing more than usual as a result. Good choice, I feel.

#28 Edited by _RiuTinubu (2 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by christopherjoseph32 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

my buddy's mother-in-law makes $75/hr on the laptop. She has been fired from work for 6 months but last month her pay was $15157 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more here ... www.Rush64.com

#30 Posted by yo_yo_fun (654 posts) - - Show Bio

All of these covers are great but my favorite is X-Men #1!

#31 Edited by Extremis (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that Conan cover is beast. Maybe I'll check that one out.

#32 Posted by sweatboy (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkguy: AoA? Yeah that Nightcrawler as well as the Sabertooth and Wildchild are pretty cool

#33 Edited by veeeSix (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrannotaur: Wow, $30 already? That was quick. Now I don't feel so bad for picking it up for $20.