• 101 results
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Going to have to pick up the Batman read. There has got to be more context to him going for 28 hours straight.

I know this is comics, truly I do, but some of the best fighters in the world today have trouble going for 5 minutes rounds without rest.

Writers (yes, even the great ones) like to really, really exaggerate just a tad too much, challenging their audience's ability to suspend belief more and more.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Going to have to pick up the Batman read. There has got to be more context to him going for 28 hours straight.

There actually isn't.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I know this is comics, truly I do, but some of the best fighters in the world today have trouble going for 5 minutes rounds without rest.

Writers (yes, even the great ones) like to really, really exaggerate just a tad too much, challenging their audience's ability to suspend belief more and more.

Very true. Snyder really went overboard this time.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By kid Apollo

i havent been reading WatX, is the green Krakoa the one the JG institute is on and the grey ones from the Hellfire club?

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jesusdisciple001

@wolverine08 said:

Thor: God of Thunder #12's fight was just epic! Thor showed his the god of gods! And that final blast on Gorr was just badass! Incredible issue'!

2 mjolnirs...........'nuff said.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#56 k4tzm4n  Moderator

No Caption Provided

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By jwalser3

Dat Silver Surfer fight...

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rageex2 said:

@allluckys: Batman is peak human, but Cap is actually above peak human, despite what stats say. He has better physical stat feats than Batman.

@allluckys: He worked for it and didn't use roids? Right. He used peak human stats, super intelligence ,superior genetics to work past peak human, a fortune to train with all the badasses of the world, and you make a comment to build him up at the expense of another great character? Most times people with Batman's stats would be called Mary Sue's. At any rate, Batman was "given" just as much as Captain America was.

The Super Soldier Serum is a lot more plausible then the origins of Batman's stat level, I'll tell you that much.

These. DC's peak human is different than Marvel's. Captain America is not Batman peak human...when they say Captain America is peak human,they don't mean Batman peak human.He's MUCH stronger than that. More like,the highest a human can possible get down the evolutionary line. Not the peak of a current human. More like the absolute best a human can EVER get.....I think there was some guy (brubaker,I think?) who said something like that in an interview.

@tg1982 I think you know what I mean....

People really need to learn about characters before they speak out of ignorance.

Anyway,on topic...all of these fights were awesome. The Batman one reminds me of Undisputed.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next round in the h2h tournament...

Batman vs United States of America

Batman vs Europe

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@decoyelite: That's quite an awesome profile picture you've got that.

WHAT BOOK IS IT FROM?

My background is better.

No Caption Provided

Can't wait for issue 2!

Did that guy just use a flash kick O_o

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

@frogdog: And that's the first issue. Burn The Orphanage is going places.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People sndyer wrote court of the owls, why are you surprised that batman can fight for 28 hours?

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:

@super_soldierxii said:

There actually isn't.

So, what's your take then ... do we sit back, suspend belief, enjoy the awesome sauce that is Batman, shrug our shoulders and simply state "meh, it's comics" - realizing these writers have probably never put on a pair of six ounce gloves in their collective lives and have no idea the amount of fatigue involved in fighting for 3 lousy minutes let alone 25 minutes ... an hour without rest proving high near physically impossible?

Do we say Bruce Wayne is DC's first mutant??? That's a metahuman achievement. No way around it.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Batman: Mutant. Powers include, low level Superhuman strength, speed, endurance and stamina. Aah that's better.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

Batman is able to increase his stamina through sorrow.

He also absorbs the fear of his enemies, true fact.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Emperorb777

Can someone tell me if Infinity: Against the tide is a good read or not?

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

Heh. I love three of those honorable mentions.

Mia26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Mia26

@super_soldierxii said:

@k4tzm4n:

@citizenbane said:

@super_soldierxii said:

There actually isn't.

So, what's your take then ... do we sit back, suspend belief, enjoy the awesome sauce that is Batman, shrug our shoulders and simply state "meh, it's comics" - realizing these writers have probably never put on a pair of six ounce gloves in their collective lives and have no idea the amount of fatigue involved in fighting for 3 lousy minutes let alone 25 minutes ... an hour without rest proving high near physically impossible?

Do we say Bruce Wayne is DC's first mutant??? That's a metahuman achievement. No way around it.

This is really just starting to get annoying and even offensive to anyone who actually works really hard to obtain the results that they want for their body.But here Snyder and DC tell us that a man who runs a billion dollar company and is constantly fighting a new threat can invent some out of this world suits(within days), has mastered every form of martial arts known to man, has mastered several fields of science, has trained four Robin's, Can go sleep deprived for days, can last 28 hours of constant attacks ? and yet were told he has no powers ? (this is why I appluded Nolan's Batman, because that Batman is a bit more believeable)

I think they always try to have it both ways with Batman. They say he has no super powers yet he does things not even a top Olympic athlete could ever do.Batman is starting to lose his charm for me, I still love the guy but whatever happed to the man who dressed like a Bat, not the super god who dressed like a Bat.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first issue was awesome.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:

The first issue was awesome.

Alright thanks I'll check it out.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kid_apollo: Yep. If I remember right the JGS's Krakoa was made by the Hellfire Club kids as well

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Bruce was in the pit for 28 hours. It doesn't necessarily mean he was constantly fighting for every second of it. Sheesh.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury:

...... The comic did say Bruce was fighting for 28 hours straight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: It says the death match has lasted for 28 hours straight. There was a man added each hour. IMO, i just think there would be rest periods or moments that they weren't fighting all out.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: I disagree. Bruce's teacher wanted to force him to break his no kill code so he could learn the art of war. He was trying to tire Bruce by having him fight for do long and take on so many people. Giving him one hour breaks would lessen the efficieny of her plan.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Wolverine008

@jake_fury:

Oh, but anyways, I don't think Bruce got any breaks at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08:
Even if he only averaged a 10 second break per minute its still extremely impressive.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He probably only had a break for however long it took a fighter to climb in the Pit.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"because ICEMAN VOLTRON."

i noticed but it kinda felt a little weird and silly but still cook tho

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Surfer fight was cool, but he shouldn't have been cut by that robot's sword, I don't care if it's a Builder robot or not, that's just stupid.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Silver Surfer artwork is phenomenal.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monkey D. Luffy vs. Don Chin Jao

Luffy vs. Don Chin Jao, a clash of haki.
Luffy vs. Don Chin Jao, a clash of haki.

Monkey D. Luffy is still taking part in the tournament on Dressrosa Island. Normally on such a low level character, you'd think Luffy would have this fight well won already, but Don Chin Jao is proving to be a stiff challenge. Like Luffy, he also has the ability to use various forms of Haki.

The weirdest thing about this fight is that Don Chin Jao has been an emotional basket case. Seems Luffy's grandfather Garp took some precious treasure from him in the past. He's trying to kill Luffy in some act of misdirected vengeance. Now that it was also revealed that he ahs something against Rayleigh, I'm wondering if there is anyone he doesn't hold some grudge against.

Naruto Uzumaki vs. Obito Uchiha (Ten-Tails Jinchuriki Mode)

Naruto lands a hit on Obito using senjutsu
Naruto lands a hit on Obito using senjutsu

Ever since Obito claimed control over the power of the Ten-Tailed Beast after becoming its Jinchuriki, no one has been able to land a real hit on Obito. His new found ability has given him the powers to pretty much cancel out all ninjutsu targeted at him.

Naruto did find an opening in his defense after he saw Gamakichi's failed attack wasn't canceled out. It would appear that Obito is still vulnerable to senjutsu. Naruto went into Sage Mode and teleported behind Obito, with the help of Tobirama Senju. He nailed Obito with a solid hit from the Ransengan.

The only problem here is that Naruto's time in Sage Mode is limited, and I seriously doubt this one hit will be enough to take out an enemy of this level. Obito isn't likely to let himself fall victim to yet another sneak attack either.

These are last weeks episodes.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Just because I wanted to post something

No Caption Provided

Wolverine, with all his centuries of experience (but now without healing powers) versus Black Panther!

And ALL drawn by Alan Davis!

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harbinger vs my heart

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87  Edited By FoxxFireArt

@evilvegeta74:

No. They're this week's. Scangroups are posting chapters a week before they are officially released in Japan.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By evilvegeta74
@foxxfireart said:

@evilvegeta74:

No. They're this week's. Scangroups are posting chapters a week before they are officially released in Japan.

I catch the chapters on http://mangastream.com/ and before that Bleach Exhile before they changed the site. Also I catch the manga on http://www.mangahit.com/ those episodes were posted on the eigth, there isn't anything out new as far as One piece naruto, or Bleach for this week, the latest episodes in the order named were posted Op ep717- 8/7/13, N ep642-8/7/13, B ep546-7/17/13! Maybe you should try one of these sites! Also this is the latest info Naruto Manga 643 - One Piece Manga 718 will be released on August 21, Bleach Manga 547 will be back at around the 4th of September. That week behind thing isn't true anymore, as soon as something get's released in Japan it makes it 's way to the net right away and is usually Raw, until translated, which doesn't take long.The writers take breaks and the titles go on a hiatus for weeks sometimes, like this week.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lykopis

The battle in Wolverine and the X-Men is glorious. My eyes were all over the place, which is what a two page spread should do.

All fun selections, loved Thor and Silver Surfer's pages are beautiful.

fallbrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Batman backup was badass, with an equally badass ending.

Beficed1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what Jesus replied I'm alarmed that some one able to earn $5201 in four weeks on the computer. have you seen this web link http://7.ly/RA2

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By FoxxFireArt

@evilvegeta74:

Annnd....I have a subscription to the "official" WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP digital edition, which is on same day release with Japan. I can read Japanese, and I also have contacts who work with the translation teams on these series for the actual publishers. I have talked with them on this very issue.

WSJ issues are sent out every Monday to stores a week before they're to be officially released. Someone (printer/retailer) is taking their early access, scanning the pages, and distributing them to scangroups a week early. WSJ has always been published on Monday. That's why scangroups don't put out their versions until late Tuesday to early Wednesday. It shouldn't surprise you that pirated content sites aren't honoring official release dates. When you are reading chapters on these scan sites, you are often reading them a week before they've even been officially released in Japan.

Where to find official release dates on WSJ issues

NARUTO Ch. 642 was officially released on August 12th -- this week. Pirates websites released it a week early. It's not up for debate. Every issue of WSJ published since 2010 has the release date printed on the cover in the fine print -- which is normally found just above the magazine logo. To the left of the release date is the "cover date", which is always two weeks ahead of the release dates. The same way a comic book that is released in July will say it's the August issue on the cover.

The reason there isn't any chapters out on pirates sites this week is becasue next week is Japan's Obon Festival. A time of the year that WSJ always has a break becasue of the holiday period. Obon didn't begin until the 15th, and events will run until the 25th. Haven't you ever wondered why the pirated sites don't have chapters the week before Golden Week but release chapters when Golden Week is actually taking place in Japan??

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74:

Annnd....I have a subscription to the "official" WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP digital edition, which is on same day release with Japan. I can read Japanese, and I also have contacts who work with the translation teams on these series for the actual publishers. I have talked with them on this very issue.

WSJ issues are sent out every Monday to stores a week before they're to be officially released. Someone (printer/retailer) is taking their early access, scanning the pages, and distributing them to scangroups a week early. WSJ has always been published on Monday. That's why scangroups don't put out their versions until late Tuesday to early Wednesday. It shouldn't surprise you that pirated content sites aren't honoring official release dates. When you are reading chapters on these scan sites, you are often reading them a week before they've even been officially released in Japan.

NARUTO Ch. 642 was officially released on August 12th -- this week. Pirates websites released it a week early. It's not up for debate. Every issue of WSJ published since 2010 has the release date printed on the cover in the fine print -- which is normally found just above the magazine logo. To the left of the release date is the "cover date", which is always two weeks ahead of the release dates. The same way a comic book that is released in July will say it's the August issue on the cover.

The reason there isn't any chapters out on pirates sites this week is becasue next week is Japan's Obon Festival. A time of the year that WSJ always has a break becasue of the holiday period. Obon didn't begin until the 15th, and events will run until the 25th. Haven't you ever wondered why the pirated sites don't have chapters the week before Golden Week but release chapters when Golden Week is actually taking place in Japan??

My best friend is married to a Japenese Woman for at least 20yrs, they go there often, and I'm updated on these sort of things through them. I 'm sure that you are also aware that what you recieve and read from shonen that's translated isn't always what was said in the actual manga as well as animae.Also I have been going to my sites for quite sometime. If I have a question I can get it almost directly from the source when I talk to my friends wife, who is of that culture and a native of Japan, verses heresay, because unless you have ties to that country what they put out here in the states is diluted, and not even canon in most cases, because the story wasn't meant to be told as such. Case and example DBall Gt, Thanks for your input though!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74:

How is that even remotely relevant to "release dates"? Pirated websites put issues out a week before they are officially released. I'm astounded that you find that so hard to believe. There were no WSJ scans on these pirated websites this week because the issue wasn't released to stores. There is no WSJ issue next week in Japan, because the Obon Festival is happening next week. That is fact. Also, DRAGON BALL GT was aired in Japan. The US didn't make it up.

Starting in January 2013, the English edition of WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP started same day release with Japan -- plus the 13 hours time difference. It used to be two weeks behind. Older manga used to be diluted and changed. A few older series still are, but newer series are released almost exactly how they are done in Japan.

kaiklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if Bruce was fighting for 12 hours straight I would have laughed. They don messed up.

jaydee98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at all the disbelief of Bruce Wayne fighting for 28 hours. A man dressed as a bat fighting armed goons, coming back from a broken back and time traveling is ok but a 28 hour deathmatch is where you draw the line...

mojo2107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Silver Surfer battle was freakin awesome. He wrecked those builders.

Avatar image for mister_sensational
Mister_Sensational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait...... Batman fought for 28 hours straight and DC still says he's only peak human GTFO.

COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!! And I'll likely be falsely accused of being a "Batman Hater" simply because I have Superman as my profile pic but I am just tired of this narrative that suggest "he can just do these things" and we as the reader should just accept it, "BECAUSE HE'S BATMAN!"