Batman fans, I need your help.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Havenless

There is a facebook game called 'Avengers Alliance.' I'm sure most of you have heard of it. In the game, each Marvel superhero is given one of 6 classes depending on their character's personality and skillset: Generalist, Infiltrator, Scrapper, Bruiser, Blaster, and Tactician. Often times a character will get a main class, and then an alternate costume that gives her the option of choosing a different class. She-Hulk begins as a Bruiser (naturally), and we're speculating what her alternate class would be. For me, Scrapper seems like the obvious choice.

However! I have run into a She-Hulk superfan who is insuating she is a tactician on the level of Batman and a genius on the level of Bruce Banner. Nothing I say can dissuade this person. I know I could just let this go, but I NEED to put this guy in his place. If there's ANYONE who's willing to make an account on their forums to help me fight this idiot, I would be eternally indebted to you.

Here is the link, I'm the Angel avatar arguing with him on there as well:

http://forum.playdom.com/showthread.php?281845-How-come-She-Hulk-never-got-getting-angry-passive

You can post pictures on that site the same way you can here.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is nothing to be done my friend. You can not combat ignorance with logic.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His only argument is that she outsmarted abomination. ABOMINATION!!!!

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

But this is the internet.........

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: You could methodically dissect his argument and he would still throw out head shaking responses. Sometimes you just have to recognize in exercise in futility. Although sometimes its fun to stomp a misguided fanboy out ;)

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@quintus_knightfall said:

But this is the internet.........

lol I didnt say it wasnt fun to try :P

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall:

But, but, but....

"intelligence comes in many forms, just because she's not a scientist doesnt mean her intelligence isnt close to banners"

How does he not see the ridiculousness of his statements?! It's like he's missing that common sense part of his brain!

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does he not see the ridiculousness of his statements?!

More then likely, he does.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Sounds like a classic case of baiting to me.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JonSmith

@havenless:

Cut your losses, dude. I read the entire thread. Your opponent is determined to say She-Hulk is on par with Bruce Banner in the field of law. Up to a point, I'd agree: Intelligence is hard to measure. One person may be great in one area, fail drastically in others, so a person who is more well rounded COULD end up with a higher calculated IQ than the genius.

In Banner's case, for example, he's a brilliant tactician, scientist, engineer, hell, in just about any field of study he turns his attention to, he'll excel in, to the point he is inventing ENTIRELY NEW FIELDS TO STUDY IN. However, his social abilities are probably minimal. As is his ability to deal with his emotions.

Walter's is a lot more well rounded, she's sociable, stable, smart.

This is even reflected in their Hulk persona's, in that each is a reflection their weaknesses: Because Bruce is so wildly non social and emotionally repressed, his Hulk is violent, unstable and prone to smashing his problems. But because Jennifer is so much more well rounded than Bruce, her She-Hulk, while a bit more of a party goer than she is naturally, is a lot more stable, BECAUSE her psychological weaknesses are so minimal.

So while she may not be the genius Banner is by any means, because she's more well rounded as a person, and she's a BRILLIANT lawyer, that COULD raise her average to be in the same ballpark as Bruce.

If it's a really big ball park.

Like, ten football stadiums big.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Lol let me see what I can do.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an important and valuable use of your time.