Avengers AOU: Thor's city busting feat?

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By GXrevolution96

There seems to be controversy over the legitimacy of Thor's city busting feat, and wether or not it was all under his own power. I've opened this thread to discuss the legitimacy of the feat and to gather everyone's thoughts onto it.

What does everyone think.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand alredy explained the feat, i'll copypasta it here, wait a second.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GXrevolution96

@i_am_lightning said:

Spector_Rand alredy explained the feat, i'll copypasta it here, wait a second.

There have been many opinions on it but its been divided thus far. Some people think it was, some think wasn't.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: i tend to trust him because he watched the movie 3 times and catched some stuff i didn't. For example: i thought Thor had tankef the explosion, but he was knocked out.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: i tend to trust him because he watched the movie 3 times and catched some stuff i didn't. For example: i thought Thor had tankef the explosion, but he was knocked out.

He was? Didn't know that.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: here you go:

"Friday says to Tony, the vibranium core has a magnetic field, keeping the City together. If Thor/Tony just deactivated the core, Friday states the city would simply fall apart, still leading to a massive deathtoll. An alternative is presented where Thor's power is used to vaporize the entire city AFTER Tony creates a heat seal that prevents Thors power from escaping the city and destroying the nearby helicarrier, meaning his power doubles back up. The core and engines are not destroyed, as you see them falling intact among the wreckage. So it is in fact Thors power that vaporizes the city"

Credits to Spector_Rand(can't tag him right now).

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looked pretty legit to me, his shockwaves went through and destroyed everything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't under his now power. It was a chain reaction as result of striking the vibranium.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatarreiko: Nah thats not correct, Tony straight up explains how it happens, as shown above.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spector_Rand

@i_am_lightning: Thanks for posting this haha, I hope it helps clarify for people

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By MasterKungFu

there's quite some context behind it if you look closely.........

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: here you go:

"Friday says to Tony, the vibranium core has a magnetic field, keeping the City together. If Thor/Tony just deactivated the core, Friday states the city would simply fall apart, still leading to a massive deathtoll. An alternative is presented where Thor's power is used to vaporize the entire city AFTER Tony creates a heat seal that prevents Thors power from escaping the city and destroying the nearby helicarrier, meaning his power doubles back up. The core and engines are not destroyed, as you see them falling intact among the wreckage. So it is in fact Thors power that vaporizes the city"

Credits to Spector_Rand(can't tag him right now).

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, people can copy and past that as much as they need haha no need to give credit

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange, seeing as we blatantly see Stark attacking the core AND creating a heat shield because their plan failed. Ultron managed to drop the island.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it really was Thor's power He could have strike anywhere and it would have destroyed..But he specifically waiting for tony to de stabilize the core and the preciously hit the top of the vibranium pillar..so powerful he may be that was not very much impressive..

Phantom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it really was Thor's power He could have strike anywhere and it would have destroyed..But he specifically waiting for tony to de stabilize the core and the preciously hit the top of the vibranium pillar..so powerful he may be that was not very much impressive..

Actually, he was waiting for Vision to get Wanda out. Cant believe people are skeptical about something that happens right in front of their vary eyes. Thor is a city buster. Fact.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was waiting for vision to get wanda out.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: @phantom16: yeah fine so why specifically in that pillar why not anywhere else....even without being in that city in flying state he could have strike lightning like he did it in Avengers 1 killing the space whales...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Upon watching it again it is even more clear how legit the feat is. Tony's plan is to have Thor hit the core and destroy the city, but he needed to create a heat seal to contain the blast and double the power. The vibranium core does not explode as we see it falling perfectly fine and it doesn't cause the explosion. Thor does, and the core makes sure it is focused entirely on the city. There is noting else that I saw that could lead people to believe that something other than Thor destroyed the city. It's basically just what Spector_Rand said, he is correct.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MCU Thor is a city buster, so what?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leatherface003 said:

He was waiting for vision to get wanda out.

But wee see him charging the attack. He started channelling it 16 seconds before. If he could unleash an attack of magnitude of the bat, then all would need to do is wait for Tony's signal before unleashing it.

Also, Thor destroying that large landmass is inconsistent when you compare it to his other showings in the film. He does not come close to displaying that kind of power before hand, and his lightning attack against Ultron was nowhere near as potent.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatarreiko: I don't think its unreasonable to assume his power has different degrees of strength, nor that his arsenal can continue to expand as he uses more powefull attacks. It seems like a natural progression from his rainbow bridge and Jotunheim feats.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Looked pretty legit to me, his shockwaves went through and destroyed everything

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't really see him using this in battle though due to it taking time to charge up, an opponent would never give him time to use it.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk was nerfed as f*ck!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait till I see the movie, but from what I know, it doesn't seem like it was under his own power.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really not a big deal.. what else would you expect from an attack like that.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It didn't look under his own power to me. Plus that would be an outlier of unbelievable magnitude.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Hulk was nerfed as f*ck!

Lol, no he wasn't.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Ya Thor's feat was legit. The movie was awesome.It didn't set up Civil War enough though.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is legit, there is nothing to discuss, he did something similar in Jottunheim.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It didn't look under his own power to me. Plus that would be an outlier of unbelievable magnitude.

Actually, no. He does a similar attack in TDW but it wasn't as powerful because he didn't want to hurt civilians.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if he hit the vibranium to create a shockwave to desstroy the city that would make it even a better fesat because you can see the core didn't explode so all it did was absorb some of the blow which means as a side effect of thors hit it destroyed the city

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think he could do it with tony it was just to make sure it was more blown up.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By Stahlflamme

Nope, he struck the vibranium pillar, the same way he earlier created a shockwave by striking caps shield, he can't do it by just striking anything. I suppose you could say it is still his power, but it had to be dispersed in a way he can't do it himself.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People seem to forget about Thor doing similar feat in his solo movie when he destroyed a huge chunk of ice about the same size as the floating city. So yeah MCU Thor is a legit citybuster!

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@those_eyes said:

Hulk was nerfed as f*ck!

Lol, no he wasn't.

He wasn't nerfed, he was just underused and lacked any of the cool/wow moments he had in the first Avengers movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:
@those_eyes said:

Hulk was nerfed as f*ck!

Lol, no he wasn't.

He wasn't nerfed, he was just underused and lacked any of the cool/wow moments he had in the first Avengers movie.

Well, getting a skyscraper dropped on your head isn't completely unimpressive I'd say.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: It isn't but it's not exactly one shoting a Leviathan after telling us his secret and it's not ragdolling Loki while saying "puny God". Also the love between Natasha and Bruce was a lot more forced than i thought it would be. Overall i am pretty disappointed with Hulks appearance in the movie i guess this is how Thor and Hawkeye fans felt with the first movie.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man of steel superman would still beat the avengers despite only being in one movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: It isn't but it's not exactly one shoting a Leviathan after telling us his secret and it's not ragdolling Loki while saying "puny God". Also the love between Natasha and Bruce was a lot more forced than i thought it would be. Overall i am pretty disappointed with Hulks appearance in the movie i guess this is how Thor and Hawkeye fans felt with the first movie.

Actually, it made a lot of sense in the movie, to me at least.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AvatarReiko

No. It was clearly explained in the film by F.R.I.D.A.Y that it wasn't Thor's power. There is a lot of context people miss in the scene.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:
@theacidskull said:
@those_eyes said:

Hulk was nerfed as f*ck!

Lol, no he wasn't.

Well, getting a skyscraper dropped on your head isn't completely unimpressive I'd say.

Too bad he got ko'd right after that by a punch in the face from hulk buster. So like i said he is nerfed as f*ck!

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By conner_wolf

@asisuspected: When did he do that? I need to see that.

@avatarreiko:Yes, but scientifically, he supplied all of the power in that moment, as energy cannot be created or destroyed.

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Friday never said Thor busted the city.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cream_God
No Caption Provided

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

Alright, i just re-watched the movie and Thor couldn't have done it on his own, but, and this is a big BUT, that's because the power from his strike would have escaped the city. IM's heat seal focused it at the city so the power from the strike woudn't scape it. So the power from his strike was, indeed, city busting, IM was needed only to focus it.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, i just re-watched the movie and Thor couldn't have done it on his own, but, and this is a big BUT, that's because the power from his strike would have escaped the city. IM's heat seal focused it at the city so the power from the strike woudn't scape it. So the power from his strike was, indeed, city busting, IM was needed only to focus it.

So the question is if Thor were to do that to a non floating city would it have the same result which i think it would have a similar effect