'Ask G-Man' Video Questions

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By cc1738

What do you think about the idea of DC developing a Nightwing TV show?

Oasis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Oasis

If you could only choose five Marvel titles and five DC titles for your pull list, which would they be? (In no particular order.)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#153  Edited By batkevin74

#AskGMan So do you read any of the fan-fics? If yes, who? If no, why not?

spirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By spirit

Are their any comics you recommend that actually show bruce training to become batman?

and is their a batman story of him as a teenager most likely learning these skills.

Darkpanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Darkpanther

How many issues do you think Batman,Inc will last as in the leviathan story arc and do you think that batman inc, will stop after that arc.

Gatman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Gatman50

In the ongoing action comics, Clark is so short and scrawny, and when he takes his glasses off and becomes superman he grows a foot taller and is jacked. should he not still be the same size when he's Clark? this has been frustrating me since the beginning of the series. His body mass changes so drastically.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By z3ro180

@G-Man: Do you know when the second volume of the invincible compendium is due to come out?

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#158  Edited By PaperDemon

Would Deadpool and 616 earth Carnage be a good team? I think so because it would be unstoppable rampage.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Deadite
  1. Would you like to see a Left 4 Dead style supervillain game, where the supervillain team consist of 4 group members taking on the entire city of mortals and hero-wannabes. Both teams are playable, hero-wannabes would respawn minutes after being slayed, use adrenaline and temporary regenerative, tactics to slow down Villain's goal.

2. What are your opinions on the Hellraiser comics? I notice comic books has been keeping a lot of horror cult icons alive by running their own issues in comic books. Are these comic books good reads and do they keep true to these characters?
  3. A Hulk question: Do you think there should be more Dr-Jackal-Mr-Hyde moments in Hulk's comic books. After World War Hulk, are the writings direction losing this part of the creativity on writing this element of the Hulk's comics?
  4. Terminator or Robocop? Or not really into Cyborg/Robot/Android character.
  5. If there's a game that'd plug your senses into the game world but you cannot play the icons that're already established, which universe would you choose? Example: X-Men's/The Dark Tower/Star Wars/Terminator's.

P.S I'm so glad you mentioned Firefly in one of your previous Ask & Receive video. Stick with me if you're caught in a bar fight about the browncoats.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#160  Edited By Deadcool

I don't know if someone already asked you this but:

What do you think about the new Amazing Spider-man movie?

For me it was great, it took different elements from other Spider-man comics (like Ultimate Spider-man) and I got some other elements that I didn't receive in the Sam Raimi trilogy (because I thought that It would probably be the same thing all over again)...

Thanks for your attention.

dangermart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By dangermart

What's your favourite comic book exclamation? Mine is 'Great Moons of Krypton!' Or maybe 'WAUGHHHHHH!'

RedHush1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#162  Edited By RedHush1

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By thespideyguy

Why haven't they made comic book movies more based on the story arc rathher than using a little bitt of this and a little bit of that. If they did that it could bring you more into comic books and how come they don't do crossovers.

D_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By D_Knight

What are some great apps for comic books (not just for reading but for archives/collection)?

JPWolf5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By JPWolf5

Which do you think would be better/be more profitable as a solo movie, Luke Cage/Power-man or Black Panther and why?

Avatar image for amazingspidey_707
AmazingSpidey_707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How old are you?

Nightwing_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Nightwing_22

What are your fav Noir/Mystery based comics and why?

kilon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By kilon

yo G-MAN.

1. do the avengers ever get new villians to fight besides the big two.

2.do u think marvel will make a black panther movie and what villian should he face.

3. BATMAN VILLIANS VS SPIDER-MAN VILLIANS? WHICH ONE DO U THINK WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT.

Pixel_Kaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#169  Edited By Pixel_Kaiser

Hey Tony. It's me, on the Twitters.

So I know you're pals with Lobdell, and that's cool. I don't claim to know him in real life, he could be a super rad dude. But is it just me, or does it seem like he makes everything up as he goes along? I'm speaking specifically on the announcement that Tim Drake was never Robin in the New 52 continuity. (Presumably this also means Stephanie Brown was never Robin either.)

This doesn't really contradict it, but this revelation seems to really go against the "spirit", for a lack of a better word, of the storyline in Batman & Robin right now in which Damien is out to defeat all the past Robins. But I think my main issue with it is this: while I am mostly moving away from basing my comic book purchase decisions based on characters and more towards basing them on writers/artists, I feel like removing or changing character history makes them completely different "people". It's like in real life, the things we experience throughout life shape the person we become. The fact that Batman decided that Tim was worthy of the Robin mantle was huge, and I think taking away that honor and those experiences change his relationship with Batman and therefore a crucial part of who he is as a character.

The same could be said for the changes they made to Power Girl. Did anyone really like the premise behind Power Girl? Her origin is really silly and confusing and kind of dumb. I think what people liked about her were the things she did; her actions, not her background. Yet they removed all of those from continuity.

Am I wrong? Am I even making sense? Should I just not care, and focus on the creators?

Avatar image for justice_acquintances
Justice_Acquintances

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yo G-Man, I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind answering:

1) Is the current Amazing Spiderman comic book as good as the movie was, or should I just wait for the Marvel NOW! reboot?

2) Is Gwen Stacy still dead in the comics?

3) Do you think DC should give Booster Gold his comic back? ( I love Booster!!!)

4) Who do you think would be a good artist to replace Barrows on Night Wing, besides Trevor McCarthy?

AND lastly

5) Do you agree with me that Greg Capullo should NEVER leave Batman?

rocketBANG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By rocketBANG

Hey G-man!

Do you think that it would be cool if wally west came to the dc new 52 from a before flashpoints time

D_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By D_Knight

Ever consider using a 10 point scale instead of a 5 point scale to rate comics?

Skywryter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Skywryter

First time doing this sort of thing so here goes. 1- what exactly is marvel doing in marvel now and what do you think of it? 2-do you think they kill of cyclops and return professor ? 3-love what you are doing here at comic vine do you take interns/volunteers?

RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#174  Edited By RedRobin92

Hey G-Man. Do you think that Thomas Jane should get another shot as The Punisher on the big screen after seeing the 'Dirty Laundry' short. And if so, who would you personally want to see as the major antagonist for the new film?

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#175  Edited By Night Thrasher

How about some garage reviews featuring older story arcs/crossovers like Operation Galactic Storm instead of single issues.

boarder4200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By boarder4200

I have to ask, why is it that DC has such better and more merchandise then Marvel? I always see more Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman attire and in general stuff, then Captain America, Spider-Man, and Iron Man. Do you have an answer for that question?

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#177  Edited By Fantasgasmic

Mutli-point question:

1) Do you ever feel pressured to not give a book as bad a review as it deserves because you know the creators personally? Not to say you'd give a bad book a good review, but maybe you subconsciously bump up a 1 or 2 star comic to a 2.5 or 3?

2) Do you ever worry about push-back from publishers for giving a book a less than stellar review? You know about what happened with Jeff when he was at Gamespot (the first time) with the Kane & Lynch review. Would you worry that a publisher would be less willing to allow creators on the podcast, or less likely to give interviews?

Avatar image for thatcoolguysteven
thatcoolguysteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@G-Man:For your next Ask G-man segment i would like to know who would be your top 5 characters to include(along with 1 joke character) in the New INJustice Game.

I would like to See 1. Clayface: He could transform into the other fighters and use their moves like Shang-Tsung. 2. Aquaman- Cause hes Aquaman duh. 3- Swamp Thing- Hes brutal and beautiful in the current run and would be fun to play as. 4. Yellow-Lantern Sinestro- i think sinestro was at his best when he used the Fear ring. 5 .tie between Captain Marvel and Animal Man

For the joke character.. Vibe, i know they are bringing him back to the 52, would be cool to see a break dancer in the game.

Thanks Alot Gman, big fan and 1st time commenter:)

-

gats_botl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By gats_botl

if you was telling a friend how to get into comics what would you tell them and why. (what would you do)

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#180  Edited By Webjaker

I would like to know how to get commissions from my favorite artists. Can you describe how artist alley works? prices. do's and donts. What to bring, etc. Also how to get commissions online or outside of a con? I would love an article on this is the answer is too complicated

thatcoolguysteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

POSSIBLE SPOILER to TDKR!

I was wondering if you think a comic series based on "The Dark Knight" Universe by Christopher Nolan would ever be made?

Villains like Killer Croc, Clayface, And Poison IVY could surface after The Nuclear Explosion Fallout at the end of the movie.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Deadite

Can you think of a good versus/crossover you'd like to see?

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#183  Edited By RedQueen

Is a Ms Marvel film in the works/greenlit?

And...

Who would you choose to play her character?

LessThanCorey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By LessThanCorey

Do any artist sell the prints they have at Cons online? I would love to get some prints or original art from my favorite artist, Where do I buy them from?

Do you have a favorite Flash Rogue? If so who?

tcglkn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By tcglkn

Hey Tony, first (incase you have trouble with this), my user name is just initials so you would pronounce it t-c-g-l-k-n, you don't actually have to read it like a word.

Onto my questions:

1) What do you think the plot for Thor: The Dark World will be? Do you think he will be travelling to the world where Loki planned his assault on Earth or a different realm?

2) Do you think the Marvel Cinematic Universe will make use of Life Model Decoys to bring back any characters who died/will die in the movies?

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By CrimsonCake

What do you think of the cancelled Avengers video game?

Should other golden age superheroes like the Crimson Avenger and Spy Smasher exist in the new 52?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Are varient covers worth shelling out the money for? Do they keep there value in the long run.

Thanks for the CGC info.

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By modunhanul

Besides Batman, Superman, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern,

Which DC character or team do you want to see a movie?

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By MenaceForever2

How do you feel about AVX. Are you reading it and if you are do you think that this is a sign of Jean Grey's return.

LordStoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By LordStoop

What female superheroes can cary a solobook? Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman can, but are there anymore woman who could?

Kyjeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Kyjeremiah

1. off the top of your head are there any good western comics in trades you can recommend?

2. name at least 5 characters you think should be in the "Injustice Gods Among Us" video game that haven't already been announced. jason todd and swamp thing are my personal picks

captainspidey1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By captainspidey1

What's your favourite Spiderman suit, and do you think A second Amazing Spiderman movie will be made?

The Finality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By The Finality

Hey G-Man. I was wondering if you've read John Byrne's Batman/Captain America crossover story. If so, what are your thoughts. If not, do you know of it, and is it worth my interest.

thatcoolguysteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who Would you Want to see in Injustice:Gods among us.

Im hopeing for some Swamp Thing, Deadman, Green Arrow, Black Lightning, and Cole from the Infamous games and comics

kilon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By kilon

hey G-MAN QUESTION.

WILL CHRISTOPHER NOLAN EVER DIRECT ANOTHER SUPERHERO FILM LIKE SAY DAREDEVIL OR BLACK PANTHER.

thatcoolguysteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilon: Well Nolan is Producing Man Of Steel.

What Image/Darkhorse/independent comic would you like to see be made into a motion picture/animated movie?

I would love to see a Invincible Movie or maybe a animated Madman movie

sithfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 57

#197  Edited By sithfrog

Hey

Apocalyptic_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Apocalyptic_P

What is your opinion on DC's 52 series? (the weekly issue one) did you enjoy it?

And I am looking into get a few of my comics graded, Is PGX just as good as CGC?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8cea74082a2
deactivated-5a8cea74082a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey G-Man, I was wondering if another Batman film was going to be made, which actors would you want to see as The Riddler, The Penguin, and Mr. Freeze?

Bruiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Bruiser

Which superhero do you think you're most like, and why?