Rayman3337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1001  Edited By Rayman3337

Hey Guys,

I am a HUGE Nightwing fan and I am deeply mourning the fact that his series is being canceled. I just broke into comics last year (I'm 14)and I feel like I have not gotten enough of the book. Is There any other Dick Grayson material that you would reccomend, similar to the new 52 run.

Also, Red Hood and the Outlaws was the series that introduced me to comics, I specifically loved it because of Kenneth Rocafort's art. If you had to pick 5 different Artists for your 5 favourite books who would they be mine would be:

1. Kenneth Rocafort

2. Francis Manapul

3. Brett Booth

4. Eddy Barrows

5. Greg Capullo

#GoCanada

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1002  Edited By WarDishy_

Hey G-Man, I finally caught up and listened to every single Supermassive Comicbook Podcast of Stuff! Not sure if I'll do it with the regular podcast as there are a lot more of those and they tend to be a lot longer but we'll see.

As for my question, I was wondering what you thought about the news that 'Powers' by Bendis and Oeming is finally getting a TV show. I'm personally happy about the news but what concerns me is that it has currently been announced as Playstation-exclusive. I own a Playstation so that's great for me, but I'm worried that it poses an obstruction to some fans of the series who may not own one and do not want to buy one. Do you think the series will be more of a 'timed-exclusive' thing, where the rights to the series will open up after a while and become available on other platforms or television networks? Thanks.

P.S. Since they never fought in the movies - Darth Vader vs Yoda?

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dear GMan, which comic book moment gave you the biggest emotion when you read it? Emotion being anything from shock to happiness, to sadness.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1004  Edited By lifeofvibe

i freaked out on the inside when you answerd my last question i sincerely see you as a celebrity a comic world celebrity well anyways my question is whose your favorite c-lister character mines is a cheat sort of its jason exsept when he was robin

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1005  Edited By WarDishy_

Hey G-Man, you seemed a little low on questions so I thought I'd pop you some more.

I've decided that since you don't get to talk about Star Wars much, I'm going to try and just ask Star Wars questions on this podcast. So here goes, brace yourself.

Fistly, as a lifelong Star Wars fan who has seen all the movies, loved both Clone Wars TV series and played a few of the videogames, what would you recommend to start with from the Expanded Universe? Either books or comics are fine. With there being such a large body of work I'm sure that there are some gems and some not-so-good ones out there so I thought I'd get some advice first.

Secondly, how excited are you (on a scale of 1 - 9000) for next year's Star Wars: Episode VII? I'm cautiously optimistic as ever, but I'm not familiar with any of J.J. Abrams work so maybe you'd have a more reasoned opinion?

3.) What kind of stories do you think the upcoming Star Wars: Rebels TV series will cover? I hope we get to see Vader hunting down the Jedi but that might not come into the story until later in the show since it's pretty much inevitable that Vader would win.

d.) Do you think Luke Skywalker makes a particularly good Jedi to lead a new Jedi Order? Obviously I love Luke, I grew up watching the original trilogy, but he's had very little training and knows very little about the ways of the Jedi. Does he ask the ghosts of Yoda and Kenobi for advice when he gets stuck? Or is his distance from the old teaching an advantage because he's not held down by tradition?

Sorry for the looooong question.

BlakeRules90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1006  Edited By BlakeRules90

Who would win in the following fights?

Master Shifu (Kung Fu Panda) vs Master Splinter (TMNT)

Captain America vs The Shield (from Archie comics)

Nightwing vs Night Thrasher

Zatanna vs Scarlet Witch

Doctor Fate vs Doctor Strange

Bullseye vs Deadshot

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently heard an interesting theory about the new 52. I read an article saying that next year's event will be a war between two worlds. One theory is that it will be a war between Earth 1 and Earth 2. Another theory is that the new 52 has been a different Earth (Earth 52) the whole time and it goes to war with the pre-new 52 earth. At the end everything goes back to normal and the way it was before the new 52. How would you feel if that was true? What do you think the reader's reactions would be? I would be really upset! It would feel like the past 3 years of DC comics were a waste!

Ikb658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys,

A couple of Comixology question for you. I am an Amazon Prime member in the UK, where they have just added tv shows to the monthly fee, not a brilliant selection in my opinion, but ok. Do you think back issues or a limited pull list could be next, in a kindle lending library style?

Secondly you are no longer able to buy comics in-app. What are your views about this going further down the kindle style of apps - 'amazon special offers' next?

I suppose we will see if there are any other changes down the line.

Husk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1009  Edited By Husk

Whats your favorite Alternative Earth? can I get one answer for DC and one for Marvel?

ganthet2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey G-man.

Are you tried of the big summer giant story arcs? Like Futures End and Original Sin. I am tried of these cause they go into every corner of the DC and Marvel Universe and to get the whole story you have to buy every book that the story crosses in to. I would just like to see DC and Marvel go back to just tell simple stories. I don't want to buy comics that I wouldn't normally just to get the whole story. Thanks for your time. Ganthet.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey G-Man, which Star Wars movie is your favourite and which is your least favourite?

For me, my least favourite is Attack of the Clones. It's pacing was pretty bad, the duel with Dooku at the end was also pretty bad, and Hayden Christiansen and Ewan McGregor's performances were worse than they were in Revenge of the Sith. Also, the romance between Anakin and Padme almost felt like it came out of nowhere.

My favourite is probably Return of the Jedi, and I know I'm probably going to get some flak for that, but let me explain! I was born in the nineties so I'm pretty sure I already knew Darth Vader was Luke's father before I watched The Empire Strikes Back so the reveal didn't have the 'wow' factor it must have had for all you old dudes who saw it when it came out. I was still a kid when I watched the film too, maybe 5 or 6, so the more action-paced episode VI entertained me more, and I loved the Ewoks. Who knows though, I haven't watched the original trilogy in a while, maybe I will appreciate episode V more now.

p.s. Anakin Skywalker (from Revenge of the Sith) vs Luke Skywalker (from Return of the Jedi)?

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all, wow, nobody's posted anymore questions since my last one? Get on this, all you listeners.

Okay, so I've got a couple more Star Wars-related questions for you G-Man. Enjoy.

- Have you played any of the many Star Wars licensed video games and which, if any, was your favourite? For me, if only for nostalgia reasons, it would have to be Star Wars Battlefront 2. My friend I used to play it split screen after school and it was a lot if fun. It also showed the war from the perspective of the 501st clones so that was pretty cool.

- You seems to have a lot of love for the Expanded Universe. There are a lot of stories out there but who is your favourite EU character?

- Who is your favourite Jedi Council member from the prequel verse? Based solely on the movies mine would I obviously be Mace Windu, but the Clone Wars show made me a fan of Kit Fisto and Plo Koon as well.

And finally, not really a Star Wars thing, I just wanted to thank you for your support of Deadly Class. It seems to be getting lost in the shuffle just a teeny bit amongst all the great titles Image is putting out but it's one of my favourite comics so I appreciate you reviewing it and giving it that little extra bit of visibility. Thanks.

girzaznot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1015  Edited By girzaznot

Hello Gman (and guest?),

An expanded question from the user above: I recently started reading Star Wars novels. I own a bunch of them, but never got around to reading them all. I just finished "Splinter in the Mind's Eye" and started "Jedi Search," part of the Jedi Academy series. They are so good, I can't believe I am just now reading them. Have you read any of the expanded universe books and if so, what would you recommend? Since you asked for Star Wars related questions.

Also, I'd like to introduce my wife to a new comic series. She just watched and really enjoyed the show "Once Upon a Time." I know there is a comic for this series (or at least a collected edition). Have you heard anything about this series? Or would something like Fables or something similar be more worthwhile? Just as a note, she does read the Walking Dead hardcovers as those are released.

Thanks a lot, both podcasts are awesome!

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heyyy G-Man, I heard about the Star Wars news announced at SDCC yesterday and immediately thought of you. How excited are you for Marvel's new Star Wars comics? Personally I'm really glad that they're bringing their A-game to the books with top creators as they need to prove to the fans who've been loving the Dark Horse stuff that the property has a bright future at the company. Jason Aaron, Kieron Gillen and Mark Waid are all great writers and of course, John Cassaday, Salvador Larocca and Terry Dodson are great artists.

Which one are you most excited for? I'll be reading all of them, but I think I'm looking forward to the Darth Vader book the most. He's in a really interesting place after A New Hope in terms of his personal narrative and I'm interested to see where Kieron Gillen will take it.

And finally, Princess Leia (The Empire Strikes Back) vs Padme Amidala (Attack of the Clones)?

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

Every week I hear questions from listeners asking you to help cull their pull lists, often for monetary reasons. While I myself have no spending limit on the comics I buy, at the same time I also want to be prudent with my money. Thus I recently changed my purchasing habits with regards to comics, and in the process started spending far less money while buying far more books. With the exception of a few select titles, most of the comics I buy are through Comixology's $.99 sales. These occur frequently enough that I'm never too far behind on series I'm interested in, they allow me to splurge on story lines as I do with Netflix or Hulu shows, and they're often relevantly timed around recently released movie or an upcoming event (I can't wait to get all of Uncanny Avengers right before Axis). DC almost always has a week long sale going on, and Marvel has sales every Monday and Friday (I recently got all of Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 for about $25 the day the movie came out, less than I spent at the theater). My 64 GB iPad can't even hold half of my comics anymore. Hopefully this helps your fellow listeners save some money and expand their digital collections.

mcbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1018  Edited By mcbig

Hey guys love the show and was hoping to get some opinions from you guys. I recently got my girlfriend to read comics. I showed her an issue of I vampire she say there reading it all. So I got her the trade and she loved it. I also got her into Constantine (not Helllblazer but that's next) and she likes that and is looking forward to the show. I was hoping for some recommendations along those lines. She likes the show supernatural if that helps and I'm gonna give her American vampire and Helllblazer next. Thanks for the advice and have a great day.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys love the show, so I just read the sacrifice story arc back when wonder woman killed maxwell lord, and I was wondering what would happen if they tried that story arc in the current 52 universe. maybe if they swapped maxwell lord for lex luthor. thanks i'de love to hear your feedback.

Spideyfan3160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey G-man

I've been trying to get into to comics outside the big two and have recently picked up the Valiant bundle pack from comixology. Out of those I loved X-O Manowar, Harbinger, Bloodshot, Archer and Armstrong. I was wondering what trades to pick up and if there were any event books i need to read. Thanks for the great shows week in and week out.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1021  Edited By deadcool_XD

@g_man:

How come Alfred won't die?

No Caption Provided

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Do you think that DC and Marvel will ever have a crossover movie or video game?

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1023  Edited By LaryKing

Hey G-Man,here are my questions:

1.Does Cyclops survives AXIS;

2.What Happens to Collosus After AvX.He reappears on AXIS but before that i don't remember anything.

3.Should Cyclops get his powers fixed;

4. Do you think Cyclops as a villain?

5.Do you like Marvel or DC more?

6.(weird one,sorry)Do you play marvel videogames?If yes ,which of them?

That's all,sorry if it's too much or if i wasted any of your time.

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Hello G-Man, Mat and Corey. I hope you all had a fun and RESPONSIBLE St. Patty's day!

My question is about the police procedural style comic book shows that are coming about. I'm sure each of you has an opinion on whether or not you like those types of shows but, I was wondering what comic book characters do you feel could benefit or at least work in a police procedural type show?

As Mat knows, my vote would go to making a Devil Dinosaur and Moon-Boy police procedural. In a stroke of pure genius, Mat also had the idea of making Ka-Zar the police chief. I can only imagine Grant Morrison voicing Moon-Boy and translating for Devil Dinosaur who would only be able to speak in Japanese Kaiju monster growls.

Oh and Tony, be sure to catch up on Grayson. A character that you've been wishing to get fleshed out in this book has finally made an appearance! As always, thank you for all the work you guys put into the site and I wish you guys good luck with the hectic convention season that you'll be enduring for all us Viners.

Avatar image for comicbookhoarder
Comicbookhoarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@g_man

Did Mark Grenwald and Ron Lim have a signing event together? It's because I have a comic signed by the two of them.

TheGoodCaptain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel vs She-Hulk vs Titania vs Thundra