gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Eyz

Rhulk should really have a moustache!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger

I'd quite like to see a games forum on here where we could discuss games and stuff. That would be cool. And I managed to watch this in my usual browser which made for a nice change. I wonder what was different about this video.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

@Lvenger: Really? As far as I know, there hasn't been any changes. I know there's some others that couldn't watch 'em. Guess we'll have to see if it works for them. Have you tried some of the others that were a problem for you?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Outside_85

In case your G-Man alter ego is ever challenged, you could change it to G-He-Man :)

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DanialCarroll

First of all, just thought I'd let you know that Hulk is switching over to Red She-Hulk soon, so that should be cool.

Second, I play pretty much every comic-based video game that gets released (even played the Green Lantern one) so having a video game forum would be great.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Lvenger

@G-Man: I've just tried watching the last Ask and ye Shall Receive answers video and the weekly news on my usual browser, Google Chrome and they didn't work but when I switch to Mozilla Firefox, they work fine. I almost missed the Ask and ye shall receive answers episode where you answered my questions due to this same problem. I'll just watch any Comicvine videos on Firefox from now on since that seems to be a viable solution. Oh and great work once again G-Man!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By the_tree

Pages for tv shows sound like a great idea to me. I also think a "forum games" forum would be nice, so we could have all the rate X above you, take/add a point, etc. topics all in one place. Yet another entertaining Ask and Ye Shall Receive...Answers video, G-man!

Avatar image for myfavoriteviltrumite23
MyFavoriteViltrumite23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

OMG Red Hulk is a viltrumite

Mandrewgora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mandrewgora

Thanks for the answer, I'm going to pick up them Batman trades today.

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JohnnyWalker

@G-Man: thanks for answering gman. i thought you skipped over it.

Avatar image for the_cyan_lantern
The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11  Edited By The Cyan Lantern

Wow, 30 min, killing it

jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By jinxuandi

Thanks for answering my question @G-Man !

Falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Falconer

@G-Man: Have you thought about curating the questions? It's commendable of you to try and answer nearly all the questions you get, but it seems like this feature is gaining popularity and/or you get behind every once in a while and have to make a longer video. I don't know if you or CV regulars like the longer episodes. As a GB member, I'm used to it. I know that Jeff picks and chooses the questions he answers for his Jar Time. Though, to be fair, he'll go on for 20 minutes with just one question... lol.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By betterboulder

I don't like Gambit

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Deadite

I would love to see a game forum. We're talking about Game forums for playing forum games, right? Not game forums for discussing video game.

About the hardcore RPG stuff, I don't think there're enough Viners that are devoted to building/converting their characters into a GURP Character Sheet, if there are people that are interested in doing that, great, because a Character Sheet vs Character Sheet thread would do wonders on RPG battles. Players use the character they build in the character sheet versus's thread on other RPG thread.

However, I don't think we've enough folks that are into GURPS, HEROES, Dungeons & Dragon, Savage, but that's just my opinion.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gmanfromheck
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gmanfromheck

@Deadite: Hmm...I thought the question meant a section for actual comic book games, like video games. To talk about Arkham City or LEGO Batman, etc. Not sure how I feel about the actual forum games.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I can't see this one either. Not on youtube also.

Can someone tell me what the questions were? Was one of mine asked?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gmanfromheck

@ArtisticNeedham: Have you tried Firefox? Up above it was mentioned it works there.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEGRAAF

im all for games and tv forums as long as they are tied to comic

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

@G-Man: I will look into it. Its a bummer to miss these fun videos all the time. Especially wondering if my questions were asked.

Can anyone tell me if my questions were asked?

mtbmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mtbmonkey

Loved this segment GMan. I'm feeling the same way about the new 52. I feel some of my favorite characters and titles have become lost, yet some titles have gotten better. I never would have thought that Aquaman could be so good. Geoff Johns proves himself to be a top writer.

I have been a Teen Titans fan for decades. I can't help but feel that this title is going in the wrong direction (as well as some of the characters ie. Red Robin, Superboy, Kid Flash). Also, where is Raven? She was such a key character before. Where does she fit in the new 52? I realize that Cyborg is in JLA. He seems to be a good fit in that title. If they bring her back, I hope it's not in title like JL Dark. She belongs to the Titans.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#23  Edited By Queso6p4

God I love these videos. Just the nice touches like "We're not going on a date yet.Gotta buy me dinner first" and "I'm not taking you to my daughter's room." are just priceless. Another great video. I especially liked the responses to movie casting and oversaturation.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Decept-O

A TV forum would be great. A movies section exists but a TV forum would be a great idea.

Concepts you mentioned I think are great: "Punk Rock Jesus", "Zombie Infected Pigeon", and "Karate Chopping Poodle". I'd buy that for a dollar!

math....makes head hurt....

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By kagato

I love these videos, its fun to see you take time out and just chilling with the readers. I like the idea of adding games but isnt there any way to just link that stuff in with Giantbomb so that anything tagged with Marvel, DC etc shows up on both databases? Would also love to see a tv section for things like Batman, Arrow and Smallville.

Pixel_Kaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Pixel_Kaiser

I really enjoyed that outro music.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bluefox170

@kagato said:

I love these videos, its fun to see you take time out and just chilling with the readers.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

In regards to the new 52, I am not a fan of it. Aside from the Batbooks and Aquaman I am not really engaged in these stories. I wish they would focus on re introducing existing characters then creating these forgettable characters.

But I have no other way to read the adventures of the Justice League for example, this is it, so I am kind of held hostage until it gets good again

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Webjaker

- firstly thanks for answering my question, i agree. Games: Leave em to GiantBomb please. ASM - other than the terrible soundtrack (why is there a grand piano in Dr. Connor's Lab?) if you change the title to ultimate spider-man -it works perfectly. Love the longer videos THANK YOU. And yeah, add the comic animated series (batman/superman/avengers, etc)

- No Man's Land was my favorite Pre-52 storyline and DC is reprinting it right now with additional features and issues:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-No-Mans-Land-Vol/dp/1401232280/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344455563&sr=8-1&keywords=batman+no+mans+land

Black mirror is great too.

Watcherg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Watcherg6

@G-Man: WHere can i get a Darth Vader yarn cat shirt????

Avatar image for silverhammerman
SilverHammerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SilverHammerMan

I actually do the same thing with series sometimes, especially when it's something that I've bought or am watching on Netflix in it's entirety over the course of a few days/weeks. I still haven't watched the last episode of Firefly for that exact reason.

I think the idea of a Flashpoint cartoon could be really interesting, on the one hand a lot of the comics sucked, but there were some cool ideas, like Green Arrow, and while some weren't executed very well, like Deathstroke and Deadman and the Flying Graysons, I still think it could make a good movie. The good thing about the DC animated adaptations is that they tend to alter stuff and streamline things that didn't work, so I think if we did see a Flashpoint movie we'd probably see more emphasis on the strong stuff like Batman and Captain Thunder and less on the weird stuff like Secret Seven. It could be good.

I think I'm in the majority when I side with you on the issue of Gwen Stacy, she's a good character and I don't ming her being in the various adaptations, but if she came back in the main comics it would be hacky and really devalued her original death. I do sometimes worry a little a bit that they might bring her back due to the movies, but I'm fairly confident that since the movie is from Sony and not actually Marvel, Marvel probably doesn't feel obligated to match up the comics to the movies.

Tyrannotaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By Tyrannotaur

Hey G-man, as far as the Red Hulk question goes, at SDCC they said that Betty Ross is taking over the focus of the series. They are changing the book to a Red She-Hulk series. Jeff Parker is still writing and Carlo Pagulayan is doing the art. Apparently Rhulk is going to be more involved in another book.

I'm excited for it as I am a fan of Betty, but I do wish they'd give her a different super hero name. Red She-hulk sounds silly to me.

Source- http://www.newsarama.com/comics/sdcc-2012-red-she-hulk-jeff-parker.html

The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By The Sadhu

Before they do a Justice League movie... they should at least do a Worlds Finest movie first! I think it would easier to pull off a Worlds Finest movie!

yo_yo_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By yo_yo_fun

Thanks for the video G-Man!

As a DC fan, I have to agree with you about the New 52. I don't like that they eased some story lines and mixed characters around and stuff but a lot of good has come out of it as well. A lot of great books and character development (Aquaman is a great example!). I just try to ignore the bad and just enjoy the books. That's all you can do really.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Tyrannotaur said:

Hey G-man, as far as the Red Hulk question goes, at SDCC they said that Betty Ross is taking over the focus of the series. They are changing the book to a Red She-Hulk series. Jeff Parker is still writing and Carlo Pagulayan is doing the art. Apparently Rhulk is going to be more involved in another book.

I'm excited for it as I am a fan of Betty, but I do wish they'd give her a different super hero name. Red She-hulk sounds silly to me.

Source- http://www.newsarama.com/comics/sdcc-2012-red-she-hulk-jeff-parker.html

You are correct sir, issue #58 becomes Red She-Hulk officially...which I'm really not wild about. They should just end the ongoing and give Betty one of her own. Just my opinion really.

Slugg22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Slugg22

G-Man: I've heard you speak a couple of times about the pros and cons of the New 52. I was one of those readers who was able to jump into comics because of the New 52. With the re-launch, picking up a series was a lot less intimidating. However, as I now try to go back and fill in the serious gaps in my comic knowledge, the New 52 confuses me as a new reader just as it does you comic veterans. I think that the intent behind the New 52 was great, I'm just not sure it was executed in the best possible way. It'll be interesting to see if Marvel can learn from DC's missteps.

Just a new reader's perspective.

Mandrewgora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mandrewgora

@Webjaker: thanks, I picked up the black mirror, its really good.

redhoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By redhoodx

i'd like if there was a games forum.

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By modunhanul

I totally agree about actors for Justice League movie.

Usually famous actors are busy, so I think WB should give chances to new actors.

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40  Edited By cobra88king8

it was me that asked the G-Man question, you've prompted me to pick up a few issues from comixology, it's really fun

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By GBrutality

i do the same with putting off the ending to things, too!

the tv show and game idea is awesome. as long as it stays strictly tied to being comic-oriented tv shows and games.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheMess1428

A games forum would be cool and I am definitely behind the idea of a TV Shows section. I also think we need to separate the comics section from the graphic novels / trades and make a section for them alone. It gets really confusing when you're looking for a specific volume of comics and you accidentally click on the trade or GN of it instead. I don't think it would be too hard to do.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Thanks for getting to my questions G-Man. It may be outdated, but it was definitely worth the wait. :)

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CitizenJP

Flash: Earth One would really be awesome.

sithfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 57

#45  Edited By sithfrog

TV and games sections are a good idea. But keeping on topic would be preferable. Another great video, thanks!

Jayze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jayze

A games forum would be amazing. I'm big on comics and xbox and if these two things could come together on one website. That would be perfect

THEBATFoE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By THEBATFoE

@G-Man: I know you behind but asked my questio like 6 videos ago? How far are you behind?

But another great video!!! I would like to see Auquaman as more of a warrior then a king. I just can't think of anyways to make him cool. Well besides the warrior thing.

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#48  Edited By kartron

Nice video!! In the fav writer-artist combo and of course in many "what is your favorite" questions, you always talk about marvel series. R u a marvel guy totally? Did you start out with marvel comics?

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#49  Edited By kartron

I say yes for WW Earth One..