gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

User Lists: 0

Oh Tony (@g_man) you're so funny. lol I don't think you should have sang that song. Anyways I think you are seriously getting old, first saying Guy Gardner instead of Nightwing, now saying Sentry instead of Banshee? lmao Oh well it happens. Well I'm glad Banshee is coming back. He's one of my favorite characters! <3

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The best way to bring a character back from the dead is a reality shattering mega punch.

@g_man why dont you make the comic book spoilers videos anymore?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Wow Banshee's back! Albeit as a Horseman now but still, cool!

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

Free Comic Book day was much bigger then I thought it was going to be, My local comic shop was having a signing (I did not get to check out who ..he writes on a star wars book tho). but there was a line out the door, but what I thought was funny, was if you where shopping and buying stuff you could skip the line and they gave you a ticket. It was a little sad to see sooo many people in a line that didn't want to buy one comic and just pick up the free one, but the store had a great lay out, and the line went right by all the single issues and then a stand that had $1 dollar comics. I heard a lot of people say how cool it was and i am sure they will be back for a trade or two, and most parents picked up something else for their kids while they where in line. I am sure the stores and a big sales day, I just wonder how much will be repeat buisness.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

No Caption Provided

kcvic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is Dr doom riding my lil pony ?

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@trevel8182: Where did you find that? Is that a new Sentry series coming!! :-D

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@iceslick: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/01/10/the-line-it-is-drawn-120-lesser-known-marvel-now-titles/

clumsyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By clumsyninja

I remember when they killed Superman; yeah he was dead but after that, we had 4 Supermen and then Superman had long hair and no powers. I am curious to see what they will do with Damian and how he will come back?

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

If this was legit, I'd have bought the variant. And I NEVER buy variants.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm excited to read uncanny Avengers 10. I thought Sentry's skeleton was cremated in the sun after Siege. Is it me or are Daken's claw made out of some energy? The Horseman of Apocalypse has had my interest since I played Darksiders back in 2010. I'm always interested to see how they are adapted into modern media and to me it seems like War and Death are the more interesting horseman to use. When I first looked up the Horseman in the X-Men comics, whoever was Death seemed to affect the X-Men. I mean most of the incarnations of the Horseman are basically kidnapped X-Men being forced to fight their comrades, but this new line up is basically 4 dead dudes coming back. I wonder if they even have free will or are they just puppets? They could be reanimated corpses enhanced with a Death seed just following a few simply orders like: fight, kill, torture, cause pain and misery. I'm interested to see what Remender does with this line-up. Fights I like to see: Daken vs. Wolverine, Thor vs. Sentry, Grim Reaper vs. Rogue or Wonder Man or vs. both of them. Banshee vs. his old X-Men buddies. I think this line up will be very emotional for the Uncanny Avengers or the Avengers Unity Squad.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh Thor..

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HellionVulcan

@saoakden said:

I'm excited to read uncanny Avengers 10. I thought Sentry's skeleton was cremated in the sun after Siege. Is it me or are Daken's claw made out of some energy? The Horseman of Apocalypse has had my interest since I played Darksiders back in 2010. I'm always interested to see how they are adapted into modern media and to me it seems like War and Death are the more interesting horseman to use. When I first looked up the Horseman in the X-Men comics, whoever was Death seemed to affect the X-Men. I mean most of the incarnations of the Horseman are basically kidnapped X-Men being forced to fight their comrades, but this new line up is basically 4 dead dudes coming back. I wonder if they even have free will or are they just puppets? They could be reanimated corpses enhanced with a Death seed just following a few simply orders like: fight, kill, torture, cause pain and misery. I'm interested to see what Remender does with this line-up. Fights I like to see: Daken vs. Wolverine, Thor vs. Sentry, Grim Reaper vs. Rogue or Wonder Man or vs. both of them. Banshee vs. his old X-Men buddies. I think this line up will be very emotional for the Uncanny Avengers or the Avengers Unity Squad.

Daken is probably famine or pestilence but i hope these horsemen stay for awhile & they don't lose very quickly to make them good again they have to do something to wow readers .

Theres no free comics book day where i live in Australia usually i buy online due to stores here not having any title i like .

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

I love seeing Daken back, unfortunately he will probably die right after this.

I am very surprised that they picked Sentry and Banshee over Nightcrawler. Kurt's death has lasted a while and it is good, especially how his death is a driving factor for several characters.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Daken'? Am I the only one who always says 'Dayken'?

However, I'm happy about the upcoming story. I like Dayken and Sentry, since they're very complex characters and there is a lot of potential, when it comes to them and following stories, if Marvel doesn't decide to kill off some of them / or maybe even all of them. I'm really cruious.

mhooks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Brain Comics in Dearborn, MI does a great job every year with FCBD. Because of this event my baby X-Men are interested in comics and also reading. Food drives, music, local artist, signings, it is a great event.

dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dcguy

@clumsyninja said:

I remember when they killed Superman; yeah he was dead but after that, we had 4 Supermen and then Superman had long hair and no powers. I am curious to see what they will do with Damian and how he will come back?

So simple :) , you know who is his grandfather.

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually skip free comic day, my LCS is small and usually packed with people.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

"People go to the comic shop and never come back" D: Sounds dodgy ;)

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I would have rather Avalanche become one of the Horsemen...

Drummer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Drummer007

I wend to my first FCBD this year and took my daughter who is 3 and got her her first two comics. I wrote my first blog about our experience. Check it out....

http://mycomicexperience.blogspot.com/

NixNightbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wish they wouldn't dig up dead characters. One of the things I really do like about Ultimate Marvel is that they leave most of their dead characters alone and bring in new characters. It forces writers to think and create, rather than rehashing.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarkDay

Agreed. Also saddened that Sentry is here at all...but I guess they needed a big in your face Avenger/Horseman.

daveyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to R.Remender's Twitter feed. Each character is brought back with a Life seed (like Archangel) but is then given the Death seed. This would explain the resurrection of each character...probably as something very innocent like Warren but immediately corrupted shortly thereafter. But if we know the history of Archangel, Wolverine, Gambit, etc. that the "Death" persona can be subdued with enough willpower.

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ForeverMan

Shouldn't the headline say "There are some 'dead' characters..."?

Sorry, I'm totally that guy. Good video.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#26  Edited By Queso6p4

@fenderxx said:

Free Comic Book day was much bigger then I thought it was going to be, My local comic shop was having a signing (I did not get to check out who ..he writes on a star wars book tho). but there was a line out the door, but what I thought was funny, was if you where shopping and buying stuff you could skip the line and they gave you a ticket. It was a little sad to see sooo many people in a line that didn't want to buy one comic and just pick up the free one, but the store had a great lay out, and the line went right by all the single issues and then a stand that had $1 dollar comics. I heard a lot of people say how cool it was and i am sure they will be back for a trade or two, and most parents picked up something else for their kids while they where in line. I am sure the stores and a big sales day, I just wonder how much will be repeat buisness.

That's a very nice set-up. My lcs was quite busy in that organized chaos way, so I had to force my way around all the people who usually aren't there. That being said, it was great seeing so many people of various ages at the shop. This year was great because of Star Wars day as that brought the comic shop more attention. There were people outside dressed as Jedi who were doing poses for people and it was both great fun and draw. The best part was seeing the kids running around and hearing/seeing parents get books for them. There were fewer kids this year than last year with a lot more teenagers/young adults which is interesting. I also saw a markedly higher number of women. I agree with you and G-Man about getting people to come back to the stores because that's where the real profit kicks in (props to all subscribers), and it's hard to compete with amazon and other places that give great discounts on trades. Having watched this vid I also agree that that kind of draw will have to be mostly initiated by us because of the general lack of awareness/care about comic books, sad as that is.

As far as character deaths go, I'd rather they stay dead unless they can be brought back in an awesome (read well-written and creative) way. Case study of how not to do it. Jeph Loeb's bringing back Sabretooth. *Cringes and fights off bouts of nausea*

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly doubt that they're going to actually stay alive when it's all said and done. Technically, Banshee's already been brought back twice (Necrosha and Chaos War), and he just went right back into the ground when both stories ended.

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Where'd you get that Doom shirt?

bigboi100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Didn't Daken die once before the whole Wolverine drowning him thing?

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Being a Comic retailer must be a labor of Love what a screwed up system.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday said:

@papad1992 said:

Agreed. Also saddened that Sentry is here at all...but I guess they needed a big in your face Avenger/Horseman.

I guess they wanted half Avengers-related characters and half X-Men-related characters. But out of all of the Avengers and X-Men related characters they could have chosen, I'm not digging the ones they did. Grim Reaper I guess is relevant enough to make Rogue feel remorse and guilt, and Daken is a personal nod to Wolverine, but Banshee and Sentry (Sentry mostly) came out of left field.

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad Sentry, Daken and Banshee are back but couldn't care less bout Grim Reaper.

I missed free comic day.

fkk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sentry has always been one of my top marvel characters, for sure the best creation of the last decade (followed by Fantomex). I trust Remender. If any other writer would have taken this character, I´d probably be shaking. I guess Rick is a little bit obsessed with the Apocalypse stuff (he created more Apocalypses than anyone; the shooted boy, Archangel, Weapon X, Evan, etc.) Sentry as a Horsemen...? Still, I trust.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By churrific

Excellent singing voice.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday said:

@papad1992 said:

I guess they wanted half Avengers-related characters and half X-Men-related characters. But out of all of the Avengers and X-Men related characters they could have chosen, I'm not digging the ones they did. Grim Reaper I guess is relevant enough to make Rogue feel remorse and guilt, and Daken is a personal nod to Wolverine, but Banshee and Sentry (Sentry mostly) came out of left field.

Sentry is really my sticking point. Still you're right Banshee is a little weird too. I'd have gone either Nightcrawler or John Proudstar myself.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday said:

@papad1992 said:

@darkday said:

@papad1992 said:

Sentry is really my sticking point. Still you're right Banshee is a little weird too. I'd have gone either Nightcrawler or John Proudstar myself.

Nightcrawler would have been a more emotional moment(s) with Wolverine than Daken in my opinion! And Thunderbird really doesn't have any merit here, other than Wolverine (who joined the same time John did) there's no real connection.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday said:

@papad1992 said:

@darkday said:

@papad1992 said:

Nightcrawler would have been a more emotional moment(s) with Wolverine than Daken in my opinion! And Thunderbird really doesn't have any merit here, other than Wolverine (who joined the same time John did) there's no real connection.

True, but I just wanted John to get a resurrection that he could maybe get to live with. Every other X-Man with the exception of Changeling has gotten a resurrection so why not James's brother. lol But while that was sort of my joke pick Nightcrawler over Daken all day.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday said:

@papad1992 said:

@darkday said:

@papad1992 said:

True, but I just wanted John to get a resurrection that he could maybe get to live with. Every other X-Man with the exception of Changeling has gotten a resurrection so why not James's brother. lol But while that was sort of my joke pick Nightcrawler over Daken all day.

Thunderbird had a resurrection moment in Necrosha, him and his brother, Warpath, had a little emotional moment, and then was put to back rest... but I wouldn't mind seeing him again. He really has no connection here but what the heck... :P

And YES.... Nightcrawler over Daken any day!

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday said:

@papad1992 said:

@darkday said:

@papad1992 said:

Thunderbird had a resurrection moment in Necrosha, him and his brother, Warpath, had a little emotional moment, and then was put to back rest... but I wouldn't mind seeing him again. He really has no connection here but what the heck... :P

Well I remember that one and also Chaos War, but he had to go back after both of those even if I'm not exactly mad about it seeing as Doug got to stay. But I'd have liked him to get a little living in. Honestly though it was mostly a joke. But yeah I think Nightcrawler would have had a lot of people excited and if he got an actual resurrection out of it. It would be very interesting to see what he'd think of Wolverine's X-Force, not to mention "his" inclusion in it. Sure it isn't actually Kurt, but how would you feel if a good friend of yours took a bloodthirsty alternate version of yourself and put him on a hit squad?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday said:

@papad1992 said:

@darkday said:

Well I remember that one and also Chaos War, but he had to go back after both of those even if I'm not exactly mad about it seeing as Doug got to stay. But I'd have liked him to get a little living in. Honestly though it was mostly a joke. But yeah I think Nightcrawler would have had a lot of people excited and if he got an actual resurrection out of it. It would be very interesting to see what he'd think of Wolverine's X-Force, not to mention "his" inclusion in it. Sure it isn't actually Kurt, but how would you feel if a good friend of yours took a bloodthirsty alternate version of yourself and put him on a hit squad?

I think it's time for a Nightcrawler resurrection... I mean it's been what, like 2010 since he died. It's been a good amount of time, but then again, when do we ever need a resurrection? Look at all the other alternate Nightcralwer and Nightcrawler-esque characters we've had since he died. I mean Nocturne has been around when was alive apart of Excalibur and other X-Men ventures, but hasn't been seen since she returned to her homeworld. Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler joined X-Force after he joined the team to find his worlds' escapee villains (Dark Beast, AoA Iceman, Sugar Man, AoA Blob) in the 616 world, but in the recent crossover, X-Termination, he sacrificed himself (sorry for spoilers people). Kid Nightcrawler from an alternate world who first appeared in Astonishing X-Men then joining X-Treme X-Men, sacrificed himself too during the X-Termination crossover (sorry for the spoilers again people!). So we are definitely lacking in the Nightcrawler-department now. If not for Nightcrawler's resurrection... maybe can we have Nocturne back!? PLEASE MARVEL!?

Ok I'm done ranting...