Bump

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By uugieboogie

This was probably one of the best Arrow episodes IMO. Quality of this episode was on S2 levels.

Redsayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

This is one of the most intriguing Arrow episodes I've seen to date. The focus on Oliver instead of his alter ego, as well as the themes and competence that was used when dealing with them, all contributed to making this episode a complex, character developing one that stands amongst the best the show have ever produced.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheSuperor

It was a very different episode from what we are used to, but I really liked it.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrmonster

This was among the worst episodes ever made.

It was preachy. If I wanted to see a gun control rant, I would've turned on the news, not a superhero show. Last I checked the news doesn't air superheroes fighting, so why do superhero shows air gun control rants?

The only redeeming aspects of his episode for me were the Arrow/Vigilante scene, and the Wild Dog themed flashbacks. As far as I'm concerned, the rest of the episode was crap.

Besides, I think a group of vigilantes who patrol the streets with weapons should not have an anti-gun stance.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I liked the episode too, but the only real problem I have with it is that everybody's gonna go back to shooting people and filling people with arrows, and etc next week. So, what did this really accomplish?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

This actually felt like social justice Green Arrow. Closest to his comic counterpart the show has ever gotten.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This actually felt like social justice Green Arrow. Closest to his comic counterpart the show has ever gotten.

Amen

MegaSharkLaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked this episode.

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

In the end Oliver comes out with an ordinance that in no way infringes on people's rights to own a gun but will make everyone safer? You can't even call it vague ordinance because they literally don't say anything about what is being enacted.

As far as dealing with a political issue in a superhero show goes, this is truer to the Green Arrow comics I've read. Since, the Senator's Been Shot, Green Arrow has been one of the most explicitly politically focused heroes in DC comics, so it's kind of nice to see Arrow paying homage to that aspect of the character.