Are you ok with Pedro Pascal's age in playing Reed Richards?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ghostodoofus2

Poll Are you ok with Pedro Pascal's age in playing Reed Richards? (25 votes)

Sure, I don't mind. 56%
No, I'm not ok with it. 44%

Pedro Pascal is close to 50 years old, to play Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic for the first time at age 50 feels a little late.

Don't let the white temples fool you, Reed was in his 30s when he became Mister Fantastic and is only now in his late 40s in the comics (after 60 years of publications).

Unlike with Hugh Jackman who didn't play Old Man Logan until 17 years after he debuted as Wolverine, we're going to get Old Man Richards in only two or three FF films.

• 
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

I'm ok with it btw, I understand that this film won't be an origin story and that Reed will be seasoned. So long as he delivers a good performance.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't lie, It kinda makes me wonder what direction they're going with that

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why should it matter? He's a good actor, charismatic, and can easily pass for 40 years old.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's gonna die in like 2 movies to be replaced by a female version anyway.

Silencemood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not about his age, hes a good actor dont get me wrong but i just dont see him as Reed

Xogenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xogenesis

I felt iffy about Namor on this age issue, as the character is (pretty much) ageless and should be in tip-top physical condition. Who knows when we'll see Namor again, yet his actor isn't getting any younger, sexual assault allegations notwithstanding.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: Was about to laugh but then realized this might not end up being a joke at all, you never know with Disney.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silencemood: Have a hard time imagining it myself but he is a good actor so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xogenesis: He might share Jonathan Majors's fate.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

The Last of Us showed that even at his age, he can still do good action. And besides, it'll obviously be mostly CGI doing his powers anyway, this isn't like a Batman or Daredevil situation where we'd need an actor young enough to do stunts and fight choreography.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JaylinFreeman  Online

Yes.

The Last of Us showed that even at his age, he can still do good action. And besides, it'll obviously be mostly CGI doing his powers anyway, this isn't like a Batman or Daredevil situation where we'd need an actor young enough to do stunts and fight choreography.

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don’t like him as Reed. Reed gives genius nerdy vibes and Pascal has nothing of that.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think it was bad casting in general, regardless of age. He’s a good actor, but they cast him because he’s popular, not because he’s good for the role.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Yeah. Acting talent aside, they cast him over John Krasinski solely because he's a bigger name.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By catlike

(Post 5) He's gonna die in like 2 movies to be replaced by a female version anyway.

(Post 13) I just don’t like him as Reed. Reed gives genius nerdy vibes and Pascal has nothing of that.

I agree with both of these points. I'd be okay with if he was replaced (in that scenario mentioned in post five if the writing was very stellar (without the whole corporate interference thing) to make up for the perceived negatives of the change and if Marvel pulls it off to make it a really good-@$$ movie, but the vast majority of us with good opinions know that it's not going to happen.

And I don't like him as Reed for post 13's reason too. Hell, they might as well could have just recycled Miles Teller again. 😂 But the audience is too sensitive for that sort of thing.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not about his age, hes a good actor dont get me wrong but i just dont see him as Reed

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We shall wait and see how it turns out.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh i wanted a young actor on his late 20s- early 30s to play reed for at least the next 10 years but Pascal is a good option imo.

Saiyan_Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saiyan_Ross

In this day and age of CGI, age is just a number but what counts more is acting. But with Pedro Pascal's resume on your hand you would think whether he is fit for the role or not. Still a lot of people were surprised how Jackman turned out to be despite everything that was against him playing such role

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better than Miles Teller who looked like he was 12.

I expect “the smartest man alive” to have an aura of age and maturity to him.

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well despite the fact that he doesn't fit the typical Reed Richards look, he might pull of the personality pretty well so I guess we'll just have to wait and see, for now I'd probably say no due to him not looking the part in anyway but if his perfomance can replicate the typical Reed persona then I'd be cool with it

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not ok with pedro pascal playing Mr fantastic regardless of his age

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I don’t care about the age, Pedro is overexposed. He’s playing in every popular genre. I think he needs to do some more smaller films. Also I don’t think his acting style will fit Reed Richards. Assuming John Krasinski didnt want to do the role, they shouldn’t have teased him in Dr Strange 2. Penn Badgley From “You” would have been a great choice. Dev Patel, even Henry Cavil (if they wanted a bigger name), would have been a better choice. But, fans are wrong all the time so we will see.