Are Dragon Ball characters truly universal?

• 171 results
Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I see a great deal of people saying Goku is a universe buster. Hell, i've seen some people say he's easily universal+.

Are there any feats that can prove Goku's universal busting capabilities?

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he's not.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he is. It as mentioned when he fought Beerus.

Source: Dragon Ball Super

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:

Can you post some feats to back this up?

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:

When was it mentioned?

If you have the source why not show us.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of them being universal is debatable imo, but I suppose people around or above Beerus seem to be capable of performing such feats.(Though again, it's pretty much just statements with a few planets being destroyed)

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Khaji-Da

@thedarkpaladin: @never_give_up: Yes. It was mentioned in one of the episodes in which he had a battle with Beerus. You'd have to look it up if you want to see it because I assume it would take longer than I am willing to spend on it.

Barodas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Barodas

Not exactly. I'd say that Goku maybe is coming close to that level with 10 time kaio-ken in ssb, the gods and their mentors are universal imo because according to Whis and Vados when they stopped Beerus and Champa from fighting and said that their fight would destroy universe 6 and 7 and Whis is stronger then Beerus. I think zeno is at least universal going by the looks on Beerus and Champas faces (and dear god their faces were bloody priceless).

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody is anything until it's seen in the series. Feat wise, no one has really surpassed anything during the Frieza saga, which is why I explain it all away via power scaling retcons where past actions are downplayed so today's actions can remain the same and still seem impressive.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of them being universal is debatable imo, but I suppose people around or above Beerus seem to be capable of performing such feats.(Though again, it's pretty much just statements with a few planets being destroyed)

Would you say it's concrete enough to use in a battle? Just seeing what the majority thinks about this.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:

@thedarkpaladin: @never_give_up: Yes. It was mentioned in one of the episodes in which he had a battle with Beerus. You'd have to look it up if you want to see it because I assume it would take longer than I am willing to spend on it.

Yea right.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

In one of the episode Goku and Beerus punches cause shock wave across the universe and almost made it collapse, so arguably galaxy+ since they would die if it collapse.

Also Supershenron eats galaxy and his eyes are bigger than a galaxy, and Omniking is supposed to be at the same level and above Beerus and champa, so arguably he is universe leve as he does control all 12 universe.

As feat goes, shaking the universe and a dragon who can eat galaxies. On my phone so can't post them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Bait thread, In before lock!

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:

I was asking for feats, though, and if i recall, the instance you're referring to was due to a combined clash from Goku and Beerus, which ended up producing shockwaves that were stated to become more destructive the further they travel.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_ said:

Bait thread, In before lock!

Not bait. I wanted to see what the majority thinks about this.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

In one of the episode Goku and Beerus punches cause shock wave across the universe and almost made it collapse, so arguably galaxy+ since they would die if it collapse.

Also Supershenron eats galaxy and his eyes are bigger than a galaxy, and Omniking is supposed to be at the same level and above Beerus and champa, so arguably he is universe leve as he does control all 12 universe.

As feat goes, shaking the universe and a dragon who can eat galaxies. On my phone so can't post them.

Superman has been able to shake earth with his punches and people would still label him a moon buster.

Even though I don't care about this busting crap just pointing it out.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Khaji-Da

@khaji-da said:

Yea right.

No really. Feel free to look it up.

@khaji-da said:

I was asking for feats, though, and if i recall, the instance you're referring to was due to a combined clash from Goku and Beerus, which ended up producing shockwaves that were stated to become more destructive the further they travel.

Well you can't ask for feats when I specifically said that it was only mentioned in an episode. Yes, that is the episode I am referencing.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da:

Well you can't ask for feats when I specifically said that it was only mentioned in an episode. Yes, that is the episode I am referencing.

But that was the point of this thread. I was asking if there are any feats that make Goku universal.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da

I've seen the episode. You don't bring something up and then tell someone to look it up. You prove your claims that is how things work.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da

I've seen the episode. You don't bring something up and then tell someone to look it up. You prove your claims that is how things work.

I'm not looking to prove it to you though. I answered the OP's question based on the fact that it was answered in the show. You seem like you're interested and so I told you to go watch it if you wanted to. If you know it though, then good, we're all good.

@khaji-da:

But that was the point of this thread. I was asking if there are any feats that make Goku universal.

Oh I didn't read the OP. I just read the title of the thread. Although if the feat of Beerus and Goku creating those waves aren't enough for you then you wont find any evidence. I think that's the only time the universes safety was in danger.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By never give up

@khaji-da:

I'm not looking to prove it to you though. I answered the OP's question based on the fact that it was answered in the show. You seem like you're interested and so I told you to go watch it if you wanted to. If you know it though, then good, we're all good.

The word "yes" is some weird proof.

Carry on.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da:

Oh I didn't read the OP. I just read the title of the thread. Although if the feat of Beerus and Goku creating those waves aren't enough for you then you wont find any evidence. I think that's the only time the universes safety was in danger.

Maybe, but since they were only created from the combined efforts of Goku and Beerus, i'm not sure that proves Goku can do it alone. They were also stated to become more destructive the further they travel from their generation point, which is strange, since the only things they ended up destroying were a planet and asteroid belt. Shouldn't the Kaioshin realm have been destroyed as well?

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku has never busted a universe so he's not universal.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku by himself? No. It's debatable if Beerus and Goku combined could bust a universe but that's about it.

But of course, you already knew all this.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da:

Carry on.

It's not since I cited my source. I'm not trying to start an argument here though and you seem contentious so I'll just drop it.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:
@never_give_up said:

@khaji-da:

Carry on.

It's not since I cited my source. I'm not trying to start an argument here though and you seem contentious so I'll just drop it.

Don't bring up things if you're not willing to prove them.

Simple as pie.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:
@never_give_up said:

@khaji-da:

Carry on.

Don't bring up things if you're not willing to prove them.

Simple as pie.

I did though. I told you why the answer was yes and then I cited my source. When turning in an assignment in class you cite your source in case your professor wants to find the citation. You don't hand them an entire book to show them where you got your quote. So, like I said, If you were willing to look it up for yourself you very well could have since I told you where you could find it. I'm sorry that that caused you so much anger as to draw this little thing out into an entire issue thats taken over half an hour now. Can we please just drop it, because this really isn't worthy my time any more. Thanks.

Avatar image for kryptonianprime
KryptonianPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

no

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By never give up

No.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By micah007123

The gods yes. Goku I'm not so sure, but back to Beerus and Whis it is outright stated and shown that Beerus and Champa cannot fight each other seriously since both of their universes would be destroyed, always requiring the attendants to step in and stop the fight. Super Shenron also has a mini universe within him but I'm not sure where he falls on the power grid compared to everyone else. So knowing this info yes I would say DB characters (the upper tier ones) are this powerful but Goku as always lol is up to debate.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gokuss4z

Some of them are It's been stated multiple times and it even showed Goku and Beerus fight destroying the universe. But people will claim otherwise so you either believe or ya don't.

Avatar image for freshflintstone
FreshFlintstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FreshFlintstone

Is TOAA universal i've never seen any feats? is the presence universal i've never seen him destroy the universe. It's outright stated shown that the universe is about to be destroyed in dbs. People know the feats they just deny them, Beerus outright nullified a universe buster

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is TOAA universal i've never seen any feats? is the presence universal i've never seen him destroy the universe. It's outright stated shown that the universe is about to be destroyed in dbs. People know the feats they just deny them, Beerus outright nullified a universe buster

Bad comparisons. Both those characters have been stated and shown to be stronger than characters who have destroyed universes and more.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great points. The double standard strikes again.

Avatar image for freshflintstone
FreshFlintstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FreshFlintstone

@freshflintstone said:

Bad comparisons. Both those characters have been stated and shown to be stronger than characters who have destroyed universes and more.

so what i've never seen them destroy a universe , those are just statements. This is what people do when DB has statements. TOAA is barely planet level

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:
@freshflintstone said:

Double standards? What does TOAA and The Presence have to do with this thread? Bringing them up at all is completely irrelevant and does nothing to prove the actual question being asked here.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@freshflintstone said:

so what i've never seen them destroy a universe , those are just statements. This is what people do when DB has statements. TOAA is barely planet level

No, they've also been SHOWN to be stronger than characters capable of destroying universes. And there's a difference between accepting statements for characters where the feat in the statement has occurred versus what happens in DBZ. Nobody has EVER destroyed a universe in the series, much less a galaxy, and much less a solar system. So, when you get statements like character x can destroy a universe it's a little hard to accept....it's literally baseless. However, in DC/Marvel, there are more than a few characters who actually HAVE done the aforementioned so statements of that nature at least have ground to stand on.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:
@freshflintstone said:

Double standards? What does TOAA and The Presence have to do with this thread? Bringing them up at all is completely irrelevant and does nothing to prove the actual question being asked here.

Yes, he brings up good points in showing the double standard some users have.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes they are and here super episode 12 has the feat which you most likely downplay but no comics or anime has entire solar systems being destroyed by a mere shockwave :)

dbz always get more scrutinized than other comics and anime which dont even have feats to begin with by downplayers :)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:
@thedarkpaladin said:
@khaji-da said:
@freshflintstone said:

What double standards? Bringing up characters from DC and Marvel have nothing to do with this discussion, and it doesn't help prove DB characters have universal feats.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:
@thedarkpaladin said:
@khaji-da said:
@freshflintstone said:

What double standards? Bringing up characters from DC and Marvel have nothing to do with this discussion, and it doesn't help prove DB characters have universal feats.

The double standard in which some users use character statements as facts but when the same things occur in dragon ball everyone wants to troll or discard those same comments. He is right to point those out. You say its not relevant but I think it is. I think this thread was made with an alterior motive in mind. The answer is simple, neither goku, vegeta or beerus have destroyed a universe. However there are statements that say that goku could bust one in a battle and other statements saying that if champa and beerus fought they would destroy 2 universes. There. The question is answered. Now, if this thread was truly a question from someone that doesn't watch the shows or read the mangas, then the question has been answered and this thread should locked or deleted as its all over. But it wont be locked or deleted by the OP because I think it was created to rub it in db fans that there are only statements but no feats.