Anyone else think people Overrate TDK?

• 51 results
flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else think people over-rate The Dark knight too much?I mean Yes it was a great film,but some people act like its the greatest Super-hero film to ever hit theaters and no other superhero film is capable of being better than it.

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"flameboy298"

What a fitting name

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. A superhero movie CAN be better than it, there just hasn't been one yet IMO. I think Iron Man was the closest. IMO

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: The Dark Knight is actually considered by many people to be the best and their favorite comic book film of all time. My personal favorite is the Avengers but people have different tastes and opinions that's why film is subjective.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Black_Arrow
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator

Nope, Godfather level film.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FearTheLiving

I personally don't rank TDK as my favorite comic book movie, but can see why people do. What I don't get is the people that are in love with TDKR.

The target that is now on my back.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rebel_Leader1

I personally don't rank TDK as my favorite comic book movie, but can see why people do. What I don't get is the people that are in love with TDKR.

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

TDKR SUCKS!

COME AT ME NGG*S!

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: I did that intentionally... so no, I don't get it

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mediocregeist

@mediocregeist said:

he burned you and he is flameboy.

oooooOOOOOH!

On a separate note, I looked up ooooooh on google images and got a lot of nudity.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@jayc1324: This though I think Cap 2 came closest.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think people overrate it because its earned its stripes. It's just a solid film throughout with very few flaws. Its sequel on the other hand........yeah, people overrate the **** out of that.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

A little, I found Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight Rises to be infinitely superior movies.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By reaverlation

I thought you meant The Winter Soldier (Cocks Gun)...come at me...

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I can understand the high amounts of praise for the film, and I can also understand people saying it's overrated. I personally enjoy it, but I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea. That said, I think Heath Ledger's Joker gets ridiculously overhyped sometimes.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Avengers & Watchmen much more than TDK. Heath was decent, but listening to Bale growl through a movie is annoying.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I think it's a great movie, I have it in my top 3 superhero films of all time. I think that TDKR is the overrated one.

HaterGeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES! I Hate IT!

HaterGeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@mediocregeist said:

he burned you and he is flameboy.

oooooOOOOOH!

On a separate note, I looked up ooooooh on google images and got a lot of nudity.

HATE NUDITY!

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not for me.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kgb725

If Heath ledger wouldn't have died it would not be as big

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a little overrated. When it first came out I liked it because Batman. After watching it again, even when hype was going on. I didn't like it so much. It's honestly one of my least favorite comic book movies.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Frankly it seems like its cool to hate on it nowadays, especially on this forum.

So I'd say its underrated.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#31 frozen  Moderator

Frankly it seems like its cool to hate on it nowadays, especially on this forum.

So I'd say its underrated.

Ironic because the scores have went up --- last year it was #7 on the IMDb top 250 and is now #4. TDKR also jumped up atleast 10 spaces to #49 (?, something like that).

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Batman Begins and Kick-Ass are both better.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 frozen  Moderator

Kick Ass is weak for Millar (and genuinely a movie). If you want a Millar masterpiece, read Red Son.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By entropy_aegis

Yes,everything popular is overrated to an extent.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@frozen said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Kick Ass is weak for Millar (and genuinely a movie). If you want a Millar masterpiece, read Red Son.

No Caption Provided

Millar didn't make Kick-Ass great, Matthew Vaughn did.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 frozen  Moderator

@allstarsuperman: I wouldn't really call Kick Ass ''great'' either --- just good fun. Though the sequel was bad and has probably thrawted the possibility of a threequel.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@allstarsuperman: I wouldn't really call Kick Ass ''great'' either --- just good fun. Though the sequel was bad and has probably thrawted the possibility of a threequel.

Kick-Ass was perfect, it's my favorite movie, and honestly its a masterpiece. Yes, the sequel wasn't great, it was nowheres as good, but that's because Jeff Waldow directed rather than Matthew Vaughn. If Vaughn made the 2nd I am 127% sure that it would have been amazing as well.

Also keep in mind I think Batman Begins and Kick-Ass are better movies, cause they are. I also think TDKR, Man of Steel and Captain America 2 are more enjoyable than TDK, that doesn't mean there are better crafted movies.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes, yeah, I think people blow it up too much. Do I think it is a good movie? Yes. Do I think it is the best comic-book (or in some cases, "greater than comic-book") movie of all time? Not at all.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

Kick-Ass was perfect, it's my favorite movie, and honestly its a masterpiece. Yes, the sequel wasn't great, it was nowheres as good, but that's because Jeff Waldow directed rather than Matthew Vaughn. If Vaughn made the 2nd I am 127% sure that it would have been amazing as well.

Also keep in mind I think Batman Begins and Kick-Ass are better movies, cause they are. I also think TDKR, Man of Steel and Captain America 2 are more enjoyable than TDK, that doesn't mean there are better crafted movies.

Okay, I just can't agree with Kick Ass being a masterpiece but that's my opinion. My problem is that the heroes are too nerfed and just doesn't really come across as compelling as TDK is. The second was a chance at expanding the franchise but honestly, he ruined it.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Not at all.

SavageSick97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indeed.

SimonM7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Overrated" is such a fundamentally flawed moniker to use in this context. It wouldn't be so highly regarded if it lacked the appropriate merits. It did a remarkable job of making a legitimate crime epic out of what's widely regarded as a pretty silly premise, and the themes are impressively weighty for a movie regardless of origin.

Do you have to love it because of that? Of course not. If the question is whether someone loves it as much as everyone seems to, I think that answer is less obvious.

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

no.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a good, borderline great movie and easily the best of the trilogy. I don't see how people say its like the F'n Godfather but its a very good movie. Of course the DC fanboys will boost it up.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@frozen said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@frozen said:

Okay, I just can't agree with Kick Ass being a masterpiece but that's my opinion. My problem is that the heroes are too nerfed and just doesn't really come across as compelling as TDK is. The second was a chance at expanding the franchise but honestly, he ruined it.

They Kick-Ass characters are more relatable, I know "big deal", but it helps some. I'll just list some of the stuff I love.

• Relatable. A nerd who suits up cause he is bored is a lot more realistic than most Superhero movies.
  • Narration. I love the past tense narration used in the film, it gets you used to the character a lot more. I especially love it when he breaks fourth wall and tells us to not be so sure of ourselves, it was great.
  • An amazing bad guy, everybody knows Mark Strong rocks every role. He was seriously intimidating and badass.
  • Hot girlfriend.
  • Funny best friends.
  • Music/Score, seriously amazing. Matthew Vaughn and Henry somthing redid the music for the film multiple times until it was just perfect.
  • Emotion. Big-Daddy's death, nuff said. And sort of Red Mist's betrayal.
  • Awesome Fight Scenes. Seriously amazing, again Matthew Vaughn's brain came up with most of everything you see in this film.
  • Makes you smile. For me at least, seeing Hit-Girl in trouble and Kick-Ass freaking flying a jetpack with machine guns to the battle hymn is great. Seeing Hit-Girl get beat to crap and almost die from Kick-Ass to blow the guy up with a bazooka at the last second is amazing.
  • Happy ending where they are literally on top of the world.

There's more as well, but I could probably do that all day.

For me it's way more compelling than TDK. See the list above TDK has barely any of those things. I might say it has good music/score, some emotion, ehh the fights weren't as good as the other Batman movies. Nothing in it makes you smile, and the ending is the farthest thing from happy in the world.

Also Vaughn better be back if a 3rd is gonna happen, but honestly they changed the ending so much from the comic I don't even know what would happen.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By movieartman

my personal rating system is the following

6 of 6 - THE ABSOLUTE / ACT OF GOD

5 of 6 - AMAZING / SUPURB (can not ask for better than this)

4 of 6 - GREAT

3 of 6 - GOOD

2 of 6 - OK / MEH

1 of 6 - BAD

0 of 6 - HORRIBLE

the dark knight (2008) is the SINGLE film i have EVER given a 6 to.

i am not a dc fanboy i like cap and thor a shit ton more than batman, but....

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 frozen  Moderator

@allstarsuperman: Most of what you said could be found in many similar movies. I don't think it's relatable either, it took the generic Hollywood nerd and applied it to the scenario. 'Hot girlfriend' can be found in many movies and the villain wasn't memorable.

• TDK has a much better villain, an Oscar worthy performance which gained acclaim but stayed true to the roots of the character
  • Chilling suspense. The tone resembles Heat and The Joker's unpredictability creates suspense
  • Acting. The trilogy has a list of quality actors
  • Themes. The themes of anarchy, symbolism, and the power of symbolism, escalation
  • Brilliant soundtrack
  • It's not meant to be 'happy' either - it was perhaps the darksest point in Batman's career
  • Tone. The film can actually be taken seriously

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@allstarsuperman: Most of what you said could be found in many similar movies. I don't think it's relatable either, it took the generic Hollywood nerd and applied it to the scenario. 'Hot girlfriend' can be found in many movies and the villain wasn't memorable.

• TDK has a much better villain, an Oscar worthy performance which gained acclaim but stayed true to the roots of the character
  • Chilling suspense. The tone resembles Heat and The Joker's unpredictability creates suspense
  • Acting. The trilogy has a list of quality actors
  • Themes. The themes of anarchy, symbolism, and the power of symbolism, escalation
  • Brilliant soundtrack
  • It's not meant to be 'happy' either - it was perhaps the darksest point in Batman's career
  • Tone. The film can actually be taken seriously

• I like Frank more, but I can agree that Joker is amazing villain. I must have forgot to mention that above. Joker may have stayed true to the roots (in your opinion)but Mark Strong pretty much invented Frank as he was barely in a comic by the time of filming.
  • I guess it has more suspense.
  • Kick-Ass has Nicolas Cage.
  • Being a hero? Standing up for whats right? It's themes are good as well.
  • Better soundtrack. lol
  • True, but I do want to enjoy a movie and its quite hard when its dark and moopy.
  • So can Kick-Ass past the first half.

We are going off topic though.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

It would have been just as popular amongst comic fans, but it wouldn't have done nearly as well in the money department. I know quite a few people who went just because of the way the media connected the death to the film.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

It would have been just as popular amongst comic fans, but it wouldn't have done nearly as well in the money department. I know quite a few people who went just because of the way the media connected the death to the film.

If that were the case then how did TDKR make almost 1.1 billion and would've made more if it weren't for you know what.