Anyone else ever had to deal with this?

• 53 results
batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've encountered the 'women can't read comics' subculture in comic book fans and I've been sexually assaulted [grabbed and groped] by a fan at a convention because I was in a tank top because it was a 40 degree celcius day. Generally a lot of people are assholes in that regard.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@crom_cruach: @negativecreep94:

Take it from another Black Man who's got a couple of years on the both of you: Find a Boxing Gym and/or a Dojo in your area that has monthly tuition that you/your parents can afford. When you do, keep it a secret (even from your cousins and/or homeboys) that you're taking said classes, or the a$$holes in question willfind out that you're taking them and seek "try you" before your skill level is up to the task of dealing with them soundly. Should it ever come to that. Make up some excuse for why you're always busy 3-4 nights out of the week if you have to. But get the training ASAP, and learn it well. Practice your form anywhere you can (although in your room or backyard is most advantageous, especially if your house has wooden or vinyl privacy fencing).

It worked wonders for me, and from Freshman year on, everyone at my high school knew, "Don't f*ck with this dude, or he'll put you in the hospital"! Ironically, after graduation I joined the Navy and got even more h2h combat training! Go figure, right? Learn to protect yourselves gentlemen, since you can't control the actions of the dumbasses who would assault you for enjoying the products of a multi-billion dollar mainstream entertainment industry. You CAN however, control what you can do to them if they put their hands on you. Be well, mes ami!

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nah never really had that happen to me, I've heard women over my house that are like "you still read comicbooks? You're a big ass kid" but I laugh it off and they still take off their clothes lol. In public I've never encountered it because I have a look that's says " think about what you're about to say to me because I will put hands on you" lol. Most of my friends are " in the street" and we buy books and go to comicons in the DC area, you'd be surprised how many so called "thugs" still read comicbooks.