According to Tom Hiddleston:Loki will be very dismissive of Doc Strange as a Sorcerer,Thoughts on this possible rivalry?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By jumpstart55
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jumpstart55
  • What do you guys think? Will we be getting an interesting little rivalry between these two mages?
  • I think the banter between the two will be legendary.
sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By sinikettu

@jumpstart55: Loki is dismissive of everyone. It's his crutch for coping -well except maybe Hulk who beat the crap out of him without effort.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU loki hasnt done any magic yet besides illusions and that's nothing compared to what they did in DS his illusions would be considered parlor tricks

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jumpstart55

@sinikettu said:

@jumpstart55: Loki is dismissive of everyone. It's his crutch for coping -well except maybe Hulk who beat the crap out of him without effort.

Yea but this is different since hes being dismissive of a fellow Sorcerer and mystic of the cosmic arts..I think its going to make for one truly brilliant dynamic.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hope they use this as a chance to show off some of Loki's magic.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Loki even know magic in the MCU? Asgardian "magic" is science and all I remember him doing was creating holographic images/illusions with it.

If they wanted to set Loki up as a powerful sorcerer they did a really bad job of it.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: I have a feeling they will just throw it in there how dr strange and loki have a competition on magic despite loki not really using magic.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uugieboogie

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JokerBat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange will come out on top in my opinion but it will be quite entertaining to see them go up against one another. Can't wait for the next film.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Loki has a massive inferiority complex which is what makes him dismiss everyone around him... save perhaps Odin, whom I think is the only one who's approval Loki is really after. And ofcourse it is going to rub it the wrong way when Strange himself also has a complex that makes him dismiss all the inferiors around him. (If he does like Iron Man, his old arrogant self will return with this movie, like jerk-Tony prevailed through much of Iron Man 2 despite the progress in IM1.)

All that said... I am not going to say people shouldn't dismiss Strange as a sorcerer as of yet. Like in his own movie he was constantly struggeling with his adversaries and had to resort to an Infinity Stone to beat of Dormmamu... and even then it was by trickery rather than raw power.

Plus, now we may know how Hulk ends up in outer space.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Loki used frost giant magic or science whatever they want to call it in Thor 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loki has a massive inferiority complex which is what makes him dismiss everyone around him... save perhaps Odin, whom I think is the only one who's approval Loki is really after. And ofcourse it is going to rub it the wrong way when Strange himself also has a complex that makes him dismiss all the inferiors around him. (If he does like Iron Man, his old arrogant self will return with this movie, like jerk-Tony prevailed through much of Iron Man 2 despite the progress in IM1.)

All that said... I am not going to say people shouldn't dismiss Strange as a sorcerer as of yet. Like in his own movie he was constantly struggeling with his adversaries and had to resort to an Infinity Stone to beat of Dormmamu... and even then it was by trickery rather than raw power.

Plus, now we may know how Hulk ends up in outer space.

Good post.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_wspanialy  Online

Battle of wits beetwen Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch? Yes, please.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki has been in 3 movies and hasn't done anything impressive with magic while Doctor Strange has done far more impressive things with far less screen time.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Heatforce

@king_nomarch said:

Loki has been in 3 movies and hasn't done anything impressive with magic while Doctor Strange has done far more impressive things with far less screen time.

This^

Loki is a good villain but out of all the infinity stones we've seen, his use of the mind stone was the most unimpressive. Even Wanda has better showings than Loki does with mind control and she is a product of the mind stone.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think seeing Doctor Strange fight Loki would be awesome. After all, he is on the list of beings not allowed on Earth.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Xerolot

@heatforce: Yeah I agree that Loki could do better. But even without infinity stone he can control minds and become invisible

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't dislike the character but I don't really care for the MCU Dr Strange, his personality feels like a poor mans Downey Iron Man

Iron Man, Ant Man, Dr Strange, Star Lord

No Caption Provided

He hasn't though. He's used powerful magic items but he himself hasn't done anything that impressive, same for Loki, powerful magic items.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I really wish Dark World ended with an epic 2v2--- Loki/Thor vs Algrim/Maliketh.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister1: The shield, whip, astral projection, and transmutating, are far more impressive than anything Loki has done.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both great talents Hiddleston and Cumberbatch. Very much looking forward to their scene(s) together...if they even have any that is.