A Batfan fights back.

• 145 results
AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm starting to get annoyed with everyone constantly flaming batfans. Yes, he's our favorite hero, and naturally we're going to preach that he always wins. Now stop attacking us as if it's a fault of our own. You don't yell at a child who tells you that his dad could win any fight. There are fanyboys for every other hero as well, and yet batfans are specifically targeted, why? Because there are more of us? Why should that matter?

Just stop.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJ62
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

The amount to which you insult Batman and by extension his fans is directly proportional to the size of your penis, obviously.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But there is nothing wrong with being a big fan of Batman (I would consider myself one) but fanboy-ism, and blindly supporting him in every battle and claiming he will always win is just stupid and childish.

AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jj62 said:

But there is nothing wrong with being a big fan of Batman (I would consider myself one) but fanboy-ism, and blindly supporting him in every battle and claiming he will always win is just stupid and childish.

What's wrong with loving a hero that much? You seem to think people are choosing to be fanboys. Sorry, we aren't. We just genuinely love the character to that degree.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I hate Batman fanboys even more after reading this thread.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62 said:

Because in comic books someone can win against anyone. The first law of comic book universe is : Anything, no matter how ridiculous, unbelievable, unimaginable, impossible it is, can happen in comic books. Eg: a man can fly, can survive the big bangs, one punch the reality etc. etc. Everyone asks how Batman can beat Superman, but does anyone asks how the hell can Superman do all those things that he does? No we have to take that as a universal truth.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SheenLantern
@rustyroy said:
Everyone asks how Batman can beat Superman, but does anyone asks how the hell can Superman do all those things that he does? No we have to take that as a universal truth.

Err, no, it's because we know how Superman does all the things that he does.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
Everyone asks how Batman can beat Superman, but does anyone asks how the hell can Superman do all those things that he does? No we have to take that as a universal truth.

Oohhh by absorbing sun light, right? That's so possible!!

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Loki9876

@austinhasten: I'm also a fan batmanfan but I do not claiming he always wins .

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@sheenlantern said:
@rustyroy said:

It's a comic book...

Christ, why must Batman fanboys be so immature?

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: And yet you're the one going from argument to name calling.

Looks like Lantern boys are feeling neglected.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall said:

'Immature' isn't a name, it's an adjective.

And I'm not actually a big Green Lantern fan, I chose this name because it was funny, that's all.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@sheenlantern said:
@rustyroy said:

It's a comic book...

I'm being immature? I was the one who said in comic books anything is possible.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a huge fan of Batman I can honestly say no other character is more overrated in the battle forums than Batman. There is nothing wrong with being a fan of any comic character and by no means are there not any other over zealous fans of other characters. But at the end of the day Batman fanboys take it to a new level.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@sheenlantern said:

@rustyroy said:

@sheenlantern said:
@rustyroy said:

It's a comic book...

"Oohhh by absorbing sun light, right? That's so possible!!"

Hypocritical much?

My point is, there's a reason Superman can fly, but there's no reason why he would be beaten by Batman.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Urban_Ronin

And I'm not actually a big Green Lantern fan, I chose this name because it was funny, that's all.

And an adjective is......a describing word. But its all good. The exchange is right there for anyone to read, as well as the context. All he did was counter your previous claim but apparently that reply made all Batman fans immature ;) brilliant stuff.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62 said:

What's wrong with loving a hero that much? You seem to think people are choosing to be fanboys. Sorry, we aren't. We just genuinely love the character to that degree.

So what? I Iove Hulk more than any other comics character, but do I go around saying he's strong enough to beat Galactus? No, and you know why? because he wouldn't beat Galactus. I love Daredevil pretty much more than anything, but do I go around saying he can take down Doomsday? No, because he wouldn't beat Doomsday. That's where Bat-fans go wrong, because if were talking about preference then go ahead, Batman all the way! that's your opinion...but in battles, we are supposed to have some level of objectivity. Batman fanboys generally don't.

@rustyroy said:

@jj62 said:

Because in comic books someone can win against anyone. The first law of comic book universe is : Anything, no matter how ridiculous, unbelievable, unimaginable, impossible it is, can happen in comic books. Eg: a man can fly, can survive the big bangs, one punch the reality etc. etc. Everyone asks how Batman can beat Superman, but does anyone asks how the hell can Superman do all those things that he does? No we have to take that as a universal truth.

Ah, yes. We cannot apply real world logic to a fictional universe, you have to go by the rules set up in that fictional universe. In the rules set up in Gotham, the majority of Batman's foes are in the low to medium power range and Batman legitimately beats them with prep. So, I can hear the argument that Batman can beat people at that same level with prep like Wolverine, Iron Fist, Blade, Lizard, etc and I do believe he can defeat them with prep. It's when someone says he can beat Iron Man, Superman, Thor, etc with prep when I just roll my eyes

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm starting to get annoyed with everyone constantly flaming batfans. Yes, he's our favorite hero, and naturally we're going to preach that he always wins. Now stop attacking us as if it's a fault of our own. You don't yell at a child who tells you that his dad could win any fight. There are fanyboys for every other hero as well, and yet batfans are specifically targeted, why? Because there are more of us? Why should that matter?

Just stop.

You should embrace the hate. All major characters have horrible fans. Just ask Storm, Thor, or Wolverine.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SheenLantern

@sheenlantern said:

And an adjective is......a describing word. But its all good. The exchange is right there for anyone to read, as well as the context. All he did was counter your previous claim but apparently that reply made all Batman fans immature ;) brilliant stuff.

Yeeees, a describing word, well done, and how would me making an accurate and justified description warrent your impliciation of my hypocrisy?

And no, he didn't 'Counter' my previous claim, that would assume his statement was in any way a threat to my original argument, but it wasn't, it was a silly cheap jab at Superman's credibility.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Saren

I love how people who have nothing but bitter, mindless contempt for Batman at the best of times always try to cover up their hate with the prefix "I'm a Batman fan, but......" or variants thereof. Makes me smile every time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There is a difference between a fan and fanboy. Fanboys wank. This is why they are disliked. ; - )

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeeees, a describing word, well done, and how would me making an accurate and justified description warrent your impliciation of my hypocrisy?

If you're going to wax intellectual about the subject at least get your grammar in order (warrant/implication). But keep trying to defend yourself with sarcasm and wit. It seems to be working ;)

And yes, he did counter your post you (not surprisingly) just chose to call Batfans immature and regurgitate the same (its comics) statement that he himself had already said in a previous post.

Have a nice day :D
Have a nice day :D

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SheenLantern

@citizenbane: I have to admit, every time I see another raving, mindless Batman fanboy, I consider renouncing my fondness for Batman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@sheenlantern said:

@rustyroy said:

@sheenlantern said:
@rustyroy said:

It's a comic book...

"Oohhh by absorbing sun light, right? That's so possible!!"

Hypocritical much?

My point is, there's a reason Superman can fly, but there's no reason why he would be beaten by Batman.

Does Kryptonite ring a bell? Red run radiation? Add in hundreds of power suits and weapons, armory and resources. And do you really think Batman is dumb enough to go to a straight fist fight with Superman? He'll wait for the perfect moment and when Superman puts his guards down, only the he'll attack. There are many ways Batman can beat Superman but you blind fanboys lack imagination.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs Superman is going to end up sharing a locker with DBZ vs threads I can see it now.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SheenLantern

@sheenlantern said:

If you're going to wax intellectual about the subject at least get your grammar in order (warrant/implication). But keep trying to defend yourself with sarcasm and wit. It seems to be working ;)

Nice try, but there's a difference between Grammar and just plain spelling something wrong, and you don't seem to know it.

And yes, it definitely is working, because you've ran out of counter arguments and have resorted to....well, nitpicking.

"And yes, he did counter your post"

Err...In what way? I don't feel countered, and you haven't given any retort as to why it isn't just 'silly cheap jab at Superman's credibility', which it so obviously was.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk111: ha! they wouldnt dare. I mean we all know who would win already....right?

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SheenLantern
mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mk111
Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@mk111: Obviously Bat-Spray renders the Dark Knight unbeatable.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

We live in a world that hates and fears Batman fans. They're targeting us I tell you, targeting us! They're all out to get us! But we must stand strong, Bat-fans, and we must stand united - preaching the inherent truths of Prep Time, Badassery, and Contingency Plans - and all these truths we know to be self-evident. Let the heathens try to attack us with their stupid things like Superpowers or Unbiasedness or Basic Logic. We know that the great Batman triumphs in the face of all adversity, against all enemies, and that he is the greatest man to have ever lived. When the lights on the railway crossing go on, they're for the train's safety when Batman crosses the railroad. The four fundamental forces of the universe are electromagnetism, gravity, weak nuclear force, and Batman's presence. In fact, the entire search for the God Particle was a waste of time, because they could've witnessed the Higgs-boson particle each time Batman's nuts clap against his knee. He is the beginning and the end, the awesome and the well-endowed, he is THE BATMAN.

LONG LIVE THE BAT.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

We live in a world that hates and fears Batman fans. They're targeting us I tell you, targeting us! They're all out to get us! But we must stand strong, Bat-fans, and we must stand united - preaching the inherent truths of Prep Time, Badassery, and Contingency Plans - and all these truths we know to be self-evident. Let the heathens try to attack us with their stupid things like Superpowers or Unbiasedness or Basic Logic. We know that the great Batman triumphs in the face of all adversity, against all enemies, and that he is the greatest man to have ever lived. When the lights on the railway crossing go on, they're for the train's safety when Batman crosses the railroad. The four fundamental forces of the universe are electromagnetism, gravity, weak nuclear force, and Batman's presence. In fact, the entire search for the God Particle was a waste of time, because they could've witnessed the Higgs-boson particle each time Batman's nuts clap against his knee. He is the beginning and the end, the awesome and the well-endowed, he is THE BATMAN.

LONG LIVE THE BAT.

F'n Beast Mode lmao!

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk111: Obviously Bat-Spray renders the Dark Knight unbeatable.

Don't forget his Anti-Shark Repellent and his Bat-Credit Card!

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk111: And when he combines the two......ohhhhh sh!t. Thats a game changer.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62 said:

@austinhasten said:

@jj62 said:

So what? I Iove Hulk more than any other comics character, but do I go around saying he's strong enough to beat Galactus? No, and you know why? because he wouldn't beat Galactus. I love Daredevil pretty much more than anything, but do I go around saying he can take down Doomsday? No, because he wouldn't beat Doomsday. That's where Bat-fans go wrong, because if were talking about preference then go ahead, Batman all the way! that's your opinion...but in battles, we are supposed to have some level of objectivity. Batman fanboys generally don't.

@rustyroy said:

@jj62 said:

Ah, yes. We cannot apply real world logic to a fictional universe, you have to go by the rules set up in that fictional universe. In the rules set up in Gotham, the majority of Batman's foes are in the low to medium power range and Batman legitimately beats them with prep. So, I can hear the argument that Batman can beat people at that same level with prep like Wolverine, Iron Fist, Blade, Lizard, etc and I do believe he can defeat them with prep. It's when someone says he can beat Iron Man, Superman, Thor, etc with prep when I just roll my eyes

Yes but Batman also fights foes who are Superman level all the time. No one is really unbeatable in comics. There's no limit in terms of power in Comic Books. Definitely Thor/Superman can beat Batman 9 out 10 times, but Batman can find a way to beat them too. Batman to me represents that nothing is impossible, if you're dedicated enough and give everything to achieve something then you can achieve the impossible, you just need to find way.

@austinhasten said:

Just stop.

You should embrace the hate. All major characters have horrible fans. Just ask Storm, Thor, or Wolverine.

I agree but Batman is the only one who gets all the hate threads. Although I don't mind.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@citizenbane: I have to admit, every time I see another raving, mindless Batman fanboy, I consider renouncing my fondness for Batman.

Perhaps you should. The world will continue to turn.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall:

Its no wonder the Robins quake in fear around him. One wrong move....and Batman will use his Spray on the poor lads!

Considering all the gadgets Batman has, though, you reaaalllly have to wonder why anyone would want to give him a GL ring...

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tigerkaya

@sheenlantern: you know bat fans make me realize how much I enjoy Batman and his mytho's in a separate universe than to try and justify that Batman could possibly live in the DC Universe. I find he works best as just a crime detective vigilante than a straight up superhero with guys like Superman.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk111: hahaha Robins are like the co-pilots in Death Race. The ones that always die with that one rider lol.

@rustyroy said:

I agree but Batman is the only one who gets all the hate threads. Although I don't mind.

Maybe, but on the Vine I've seen more Storm hate threads then Batman.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Does Kryptonite ring a bell?"

What, you mean that thing that many Superman villains who are much smarter than Batman have tried to use against Superman but he always ends up beating them regardless? That thing that Superman has a myriad of ways to extinguish his weakness to? (Does the radiation suit ring a bell? Does sundipping ring a bell?) Yes, I think that rings a bell...

"Red run radiation?"

What, you mean that other thing that everything above also applies to? Yes, I believe that rings a bell..

"Add in hundreds of power suits and weapons, armory and resources."

Oh please, the Fortress Of Solitude curbstomps the Bat-Cave in terms of weapons, gadgets and resources.

"And do you really think Batman is dumb enough to go to a straight fist fight with Superman?"

Ask him yourself..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"He'll wait for the perfect moment and when Superman puts his guards down, only the he'll attack"

Oh, yeah, he's gonna sneak up on someone aware of every single event happening on the planet with his super-senses, I'm sure that'll work.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya said:

@sheenlantern: you know bat fans make me realize how much I enjoy Batman and his mytho's in a separate universe than to try and justify that Batman could possibly live in the DC Universe. I find he works best as just a crime detective vigilante than a straight up superhero with guys like Superman.

I agree with you one-hundred percent, I think the Justice League should only be consisted of the most elite superheroes on Earth, not just anyone who can dress up in a costume.

DC should stop trying to think up ways for Batman to stay relevant, and let him stick with his roots, fighting crime in Gotham, while Superman deals with the higher tier of villains.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sheenlantern said:

That's incredibly stupid. Every popular character will always have rabid, dogmatic fanboys. If they decide how fond you are for a character then you may want to re-examine your priorities here. ; - )

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Does Kryptonite ring a bell?"

What, you mean that thing that many Superman villains who are much smarter than Batman have tried to use against Superman but he always ends up beating them regardless? That thing that Superman has a myriad of ways to extinguish his weakness to? (Does the radiation suit ring a bell? Does sundipping ring a bell?) Yes, I think that rings a bell...

"Red run radiation?"

What, you mean that other thing that everything above also applies to? Yes, I believe that rings a bell..

"Add in hundreds of power suits and weapons, armory and resources."

Oh please, the Fortress Of Solitude curbstomps the Bat-Cave in terms of weapons, gadgets and resources.

"And do you really think Batman is dumb enough to go to a straight fist fight with Superman?"

Ask him yourself..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"He'll wait for the perfect moment and when Superman puts his guards down, only the he'll attack"

Oh, yeah, he's gonna sneak up on someone aware of every single event happening on the planet with his super-senses, I'm sure that'll work.

Quoted for truth. And justice and the American way, too!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By Strider1992

I find it amusing that you liken Batfans to angry children despite the fact you are trying to build a case defend them. You answered you're own question right there rofl!