k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
No Caption Provided

The TV versions of the Flash and Green Arrow live in the same universe and, this week, The CW took full advantage of that. Both shows, Arrowand The Flash, focused on a team-up between these awesome DC heroes and both episodes were really, really good. They were full of laughs, fun action, and put a strong emphasis on how different their cities are and how they act as heroes. There were plenty of minor developments, such as Felicity giving the team at S.T.A.R. Labs facial recognition software, but let's talk about the big game changers that happened!

Yup, there's spoilers ahead!

The emotional spectrum

No Caption Provided

The first episode in the crossover had a villain, Roy G. Bivolo, who could make a person go crazy with rage just by looking them in the eyes. The color their eyes would turn when this would happen? Red! And how did the heroes fix Flash after he got a dose of this red rage (that's totally the technical term)? By making him look at an assortment of lights and colors! Now, if you're a fan of the comics -- which you probably are since you're reading this right now -- then you know that Red Lanterns are that color because it represents rage. It's discussed in this episode that emotions could have corresponding colors, so that's a pretty obvious nod to the very awesome Green Lantern universe -- a universe Geoff Johns' did brilliant work with. Now, that by no means confirms there's various lanterns roaming around in the CW-verse's cosmos, but we also had Ferris Air easter eggs in older episodes of The Flash and Arrow. Maybe this is just pure fan service, but maybe -- just maybe -- they're also thinking about the possibility of one day bringing Hal Jordan and all of those other sci-fi characters into this evergrowing universe. If so, it probably won't be for quite some time (the reboot movie isn't until 2020), but we can all hope for the best, right? Hope hard enough and maybe you'll get a blue ring.

Arrow trains Flash

No Caption Provided

Remember what Ra's al Ghul told Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins? "Always mind your surroundings." Yeah, that's basically the same lesson Oliver Queen has for Barry Allen. Sure, the scarlet speedster is crazy fast and can heal, but he's still continues to make easily avoidable mistakes. Ollie put it best. "There is a difference, Barry, between having powers and having precision." Oliver teaches his ally this lesson in a very painful way. What seems like a simple exercise is actually a trick -- one which could have been avoided if Barry took the lesson to heart. The request seems simple: Run at me and I'll tag you with an arrow. Barry scoffs and agrees to the seemingly easy task. As expected, Barry catches the arrow the emerald archer fires, but he never took note of the two crossbows that were set up on the ground nearby. Because of that, two arrows end up in Barry's back. A painful lesson, but an important one. The Flash may have a huge advantage with his super speed, but it doesn't matter if he's not using tactics. It'll help him against basic goons, but there's far more dangerous threats out there and if he's not smart, it could cost him.

Flash vs. Arrow is a "tie"

No Caption Provided

Hero versus hero encounters are often because of a misunderstanding or brainwashing. In this case, Flash isn't being mind controlled, but his mind has been influenced by the villain, so he's lashing out and giving into his anger. No one from Central City has what it takes to stop the speedster (like Cisco says, it's a shame they don't have the cold gun anymore!), but luckily for them, Arrow's visiting and he'll do his best to put an end to Barry's rage. When the fight finally concludes (thanks to a van full of lights that restore Flash back to normal), Cisco says the fight was a draw. But was it really?

When the fight ends, Arrow has the clear advantage. He has Barry locked in a hold, an arrow in Barry's thigh, and, if he wanted to, he could turn that move into a choke hold. Clearly, it's not an ideal spot for the metahuman and, much to our surprise, seems to give Arrow the edge. That said, Arrow had two important factors working on his side. First and foremost, Barry spent a lot of time trying to humiliate Ollie, not put him down. He runs around him and he seems to enjoy dodging all of his hits. He only begins to lash out when he gets hit with the bow in the face, after all. Secondly, Ollie had prep on his side. His bike was lined up perfectly to distract Barry and that was pivotal for him. While neither technically "defeated" the other (maybe that's why Cisco said it's a time) and you'd think Barry should wipe the floor with the archer, it concluded with Arrow having the edge. The crossover teases a rematch, but never shows us what happens and instead concludes with a nod to Rocky III's ending.

Connor Hawke teaser?

No Caption Provided

Way back in the Arrow episode "Seeing Red," it was revealed that Oliver wasn't the best boyfriend around. I mean, we know he cheated on Laurel with her sister, Sara, but that episode revealed that Ollie slept with someone else and she became pregnant. Oliver's mom, Moira, bribes the girl to get out of Ollie's life. She offers one million to tell Oliver she lost the baby and another million to go to Central City and never talk to him again. She accepts the deal. Well, now that Oliver's briefly in Central City, he bumps into her at the coffee shop! They have a very brief conversation before going their separate ways, but that isn't the last we see of her. We chime in on the Ollie's ex for just a little bit and it's enough to hear she's on the phone and informing her child that she's getting them hot chocolate. She can certainly afford it with that two million dollars, yeah? Was this a random bit of fan service and a super vague teaser for Connor Hawke or is it foreshadowing? As of right now, it's probably just there to get fans speculating, but it would be awesome if they have concrete plans to follow-up on this as the show moves forward.

Oliver gets an upgrade

No Caption Provided

It took Arrow a long time just to get a proper mask. In fact, it only happened after Barry Allen visited the "Arrowcave." After spending just one day in Oliver's hideout, Cisco is also able to give the dude a serious upgrade. He creates a new costume for Oliver which is 25% lighter and can carry 15% gear (more pouches?!). That's a very nice parting gift as Cisco heads back to Central City, isn't it? It seems like whenever someone from Central City visits the base, Arrow gets new spiffy gear. They're nice like that.

Flash becomes a "public menace"

No Caption Provided

Eddie Thawne didn't believe the Flash existed at first, but now he knows the guy is real and wants nothing more than to bring the elusive character in! Early in the episode, the Captain denied Eddie's request for a Task Force; there just wasn't a good case for it. But after Flash is taken over by rage and assaults Eddie? Yeah, suddenly he has a pretty legitimate reason to assemble this task force and go searching for the costumed character! Although, what can Eddie possibly do to catch Flash? Will he ask his girlfriend, Iris, to help him trap Flash? She's the only person (that they know of) who knows how to contact him. Or will they reach out to S.T.A.R Labs for help and extra gear? If so, that should be awkward for Barry's allies and very amusing for us. Oh, and Flash attacking Eddie (you know, because he's jealous that Eddie's with the girl he loves) also turned Iris against him! She says she doesn't want Flash to contact her and it's safe to assume she's no longer going to write positive blogs about the hero. Yeesh, have one bad guy mess with your mind and suddenly you're the villain. Tough luck, Barry.

S.T.A.R Labs knows Arrow's identity

No Caption Provided

A lot of people back in Starling City know Oliver Queen is the Arrow, so it's understandable he wants to restrict the amount of people who will find out. If that secret gets out, it puts his family and friends in danger, so we all get why he isn't just going to trust anyone with that information. Even though it's an important secret, Harrison Wells wants to know; he's just not okay working with someone if they hide who they are from him (pretty funny coming from Mr. Future, right?). Felicity refuses to spill the beans, but Wells is able to make the discover on his own. Does he use his nifty future room to find out? If so, that means Arrow's identity is eventually made public, but is it by choice or because of an unfortunate development? Or did Wells just put two and two together since Ollie's in Central City and hanging out with Barry? It was revealed the guy has hidden cameras and Arrow was called "Oliver" or "Ollie" a couple of times when Felicity and Barry were in S.T.A.R. Labs. No matter how he made the discovery, the fact is he now knows and let Cisco and Caitlin in on the secret.

Firestorm!

No Caption Provided

There's been a lot of news about Firestorm eventually appearing in The Flash, but who thought it would happen at the end of an episode that's already full of fan service and a ridiculous amount of fun?! Even if you didn't know the character would eventually appear, it's tough to believe Stephen Amell's cousin, Robbie Amell, would only appear in just one episode! This was such an exciting cliffhanger as it revealed Ronnie Raymond is still alive and struggling to deal with his new situation. Two goons approach him as he's hunched over and shaking, so they thought he's just some drug addict who's in dire need of a fix. Instead of being just another desperate and weak junkie, they soon find out he's a metahuman as his hands and head become engulfed in flames! Best of all? It looks like we'll get some follow-up with this character in the next episode, "The Man in the Yellow Suit." Thanks for not making us wait, The Flash!

Amanda Waller's torture methods

No Caption Provided

Oliver's time on the island was harsh and helped shape him into the man he is today. However, his training didn't end on the island. Now that he's in Hong Kong, he's working for Amanda Waller, and the crossover event reveals that she's responsible for the violent way he handles "interrogations." During the flashback sequence, Waller orders Oliver to extract information from a guy who's tied to a chair. Apparently, there's bombs in the city and this man knows where they are. Make him talk and there's a chance these explosives can be defused. Oliver is unable to torture the restrained guy and the bombs go off (seems like they wouldn't have had time to get to them anyway?). Waller blames Ollie for this tragic development and says the blood is on his hands, not the bad guy's. She explains Oliver needs to take extreme measures to deal with extreme people. Basically, get off your moral high horse and do what needs to be done. It's a lesson that sticks with him. You can't help but wonder if this was all part of Waller's plan. We know how manipulative she can be, so did she view this as a very twisted win-win situation? Did she set up Oliver to fail? If he extracted the info, good. Maybe some innocent lives are saved and it shows he has potential and becomes more valuable to her. If he fails? It teaches one of her agents -- someone she's investing a lot of time in -- a lesson that she believes is critical.

Diggle proposes

No Caption Provided

There's a lot of relationship drama in the CW-verse. Oliver thinks he can't be with Felicity, Barry wants to be with Iris but she's with Eddie, Roy and Thea broke up, so on and so on. It seems like there's no such thing as a happy and loving relationship in this world. Well, unless you're John Diggle! Captain Boomerang injured his girlfriend, Lyla Michaels, and the frightening experience made him realize he just can't live without her. So, he proposes! Tragically, she says no and he joins the "why can't I be in a good relationship?" club with all of the others. Just kidding, she says yes! It's an uplifting scene and we're all happy for the big guy. He's more than deserving of some extra joy in his life. Let's just hope it lasts.

What's YOUR favorite development from the Arrow/The Flash crossover?

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not interested.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Too bad we didn't get to see the new costume.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Arrow totally won

DarkKnightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about the possible death of the Suicide Squad?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how Connor Hawke will get introduced. He should be about 7 currently, assuming Oliver got the girl pregnant shortly before the shipwreck. They would need a pretty big timeskip in order to turn him into a fighter. Maybe the show runners will hold off on his introduction until towards the end of the series?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Nah, I think most people assume it was an older team

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

FIRESTOOOOOOOOOORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

What about Boomerang going to Lian Yu, the same place Slade is being kept? Don't forget they are both ASIS, the chances of them already knowing one another are high. That's going to come back to bite Ollie/Barry in the butt.

@saint_wildcard said:

@darkknightwing said:

I assumed it was an old team or that there are multiple teams. I was actually surprised people thought she meant the main team, it never crossed my mind.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how Connor Hawke will get introduced. He should be about 7 currently, assuming Oliver got the girl pregnant shortly before the shipwreck. They would need a pretty big timeskip in order to turn him into a fighter. Maybe the show runners will hold off on his introduction until towards the end of the series?

I think he'd probably be closer to 10

Ollie told Barry he's been doing this for almost 8 years, and I'd think the whole thing with that girl would've happened a year or 2 before the shipwreck

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

the next crossover should be the introduction of hal jordan

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stormdriven

Since Slade is already slated to make his return and Boomerang was sent to the same prison as him, maybe they'll both come back to give Ollie, Barry, or both trouble.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

• I had no idea that as Firestorm. I thought that was some future villain.
  • I don't like them playing the whole Flash is a menace angle. Even though I know that is how they will eventually set up that cop as the Reverse Flash.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

What about Boomerang going to Lian Yu, the same place Slade is being kept? Don't forget they are both ASIS, the chances of them already knowing one another are high. That's going to come back to bite Ollie/Barry in the butt.

@saint_wildcard said:

@darkknightwing said:

I assumed it was an old team or that there are multiple teams. I was actually surprised people thought she meant the main team, it never crossed my mind.

Didn't they outright say it was an older team?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#17  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

BEST CROSSOVER EVER!!!!!!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rogueshadow said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@darkknightwing said:

Didn't they outright say it was an older team?

Possibly, I don't remember to be honest. It'd explain why it didn't cross my mind.

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How come they don't give Diggle a costume? He is the only one without a mask. So Arrow and Arsenal have to protect their identity but the guy with a kid, meh no costume for you!

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ForeverMan

Are we sure that Roy G Bivolo just being the comics based Rainbow Raider is a nod to the Green Lantern universe? The comic version does affect people's emotions according to this site's wiki.

Are we sure "Firestorm" isn't Heatwave?

Sorry, I'm just a nitpicker.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we sure that Roy G Bivolo just being the comics based Rainbow Raider is a nod to the Green Lantern universe? The comic version does affect people's emotions according to this site's wiki.

The guy who played him (Firestorm) is the same as the guy we saw play Ronnie Raymond. Also we have already saw Capt Cold give Heatwave his heat gun so we know that he doesn´t have super powers.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since John and Lyla are gonna get married I am almost positive lyla gets killed......

Just watch and you'll see. It's the CW. There can NEVER been a long lasting stable relationship

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@foreverman:

That was Firestorm. Its actually quite obvious even if you ignore the fact that's the actor who's been cast to play him

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

FIRESTOOOOOOOOOORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should have Connor school Ollie in H2H someday.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanthiss said:

How come they don't give Diggle a costume? He is the only one without a mask. So Arrow and Arsenal have to protect their identity but the guy with a kid, meh no costume for you!

"This black man lets it all hang out! I've got nothing to hide!" - John Stewart

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@tobenracicot said:

@legacy6364 said:

Not interested.

Amen.

Yes you're all very cool coming on a thread about something you totally don't care about just to tell us you don't care. Bravo you unique little snow flakes.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@scouterv said:

@xanthiss said:

"This black man lets it all hang out! I've got nothing to hide!" - John Stewart

No Caption Provided

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Numbuh1Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Numbuh1Nerd

I kinda hope that he and Lyla getting married means he finally leaves the Arrowcave. He's a great character, but he cannot keep going out with Arrow and Arsenal and Flash and the like in street clothes. Apart from how ridiculous he looks, it's also completely illogical when it comes to all the secret identities. How long is it going to take before a bad guy does some homework and realizes that the dude hanging out with the Arrow is Oliver Queen's old bodyguard and current bro and starts to add two and two together? I feel he should either be strictly civilian or get a secret identity.

Of course, though, Lyla's sooo dead.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The guy from the future doesn't know who the Arrow is. That part just made me laugh, I guess Batman got introduced the that universe at some point and people forgot about the Arrow. lol jk Nice analysis from the crossover. I didn't even notice the Emotional Spectrum part.

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverman said:

The guy who played him (Firestorm) is the same as the guy we saw play Ronnie Raymond. Also we have already saw Capt Cold give Heatwave his heat gun so we know that he doesn´t have super powers.

Ah yes. I forgot about both of those things. My bad.

SuperiorBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SuperiorBeast

@johnny_blaze: he is wearing it when they go and fight. Not very different. Just has some pouches on the sleeve and a bandolier on the strap to his quiver.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RBT

You forgot about Slade Wilson. He's confirmed to appear this season. And Arrow put Cap Boomerang in a cell next to him.

I'm just hoping that somehow the cure failed to work and Slade busts both of them out of Lian Yu.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 k4tzm4n  Moderator
@rbt said:

You forgot about Slade Wilson. He's confirmed to appear this season. And Arrow put Cap Boomerang in a cell next to him.

I'm just hoping that somehow the cure failed to work and Slade busts both of them out of Lian Yu.

Slade making his return wasn't teased in the crossover, they just dropped his name.

@saint_wildcard said:

@darkknightwing said:

I can't have every development in here! Well, I could but that would take a silly amount of time and be way more than ten!

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or is Wells giving off a Metron vibe?

All in all good stuff. Way to go Diggle.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or is Wells giving off a Metron vibe?

All in all good stuff. Way to go Diggle.

That would explain why he likes to sit on moving chairs.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numbuh1nerd: I was actually thinking it might be setting up Diggle's death. I get he's a main character on the show and everything but it would give oliver a huge burden and make Diggle's wife hate Arrow. And since she's with ARGUS it could make all of ARGUS against Arrow too.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KingWillie

Wow, this is off topic, but ya know what I JUST realized while reading this?? Queen Oliver.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numbuh1nerd: I was actually thinking it might be setting up Diggle's death. I get he's a main character on the show and everything but it would give oliver a huge burden and make Diggle's wife hate Arrow. And since she's with ARGUS it could make all of ARGUS against Arrow too.

I agree, Arrow cast seems a bit overpopulated recently. As soon as I realize he named his daughter Sara I took that as foreshadowing and placed his name on the chopping block. Not to mention Diggle death over ARGUS issues would tie-in with this season flashback arcs.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#42  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Too bad we didn't get to see the new costume.

Maybe we will later

Vertigo_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: I think we did. At the end of "Arrow", when Oliver challenges Barry in the empty lot, the costume had extra pouches on the sleeve and little pockets on his strap.

munkieKONG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was far too many words to read for someone who watches neither show.... But the idea that Green Arrow could even attempt to have a fair fight with any form of Flash is comical.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

@sentryman555 said:

I agree, Arrow cast seems a bit overpopulated recently. As soon as I realize he named his daughter Sara I took that as foreshadowing and placed his name on the chopping block. Not to mention Diggle death over ARGUS issues would tie-in with this season flashback arcs.

Exactly my thoughts too. Ollie has Roy to help him now so even if Diggle died the show could keep running the same way it's been. If Felicity died they would be screwed =P

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So now that Eddie is leading the task force against Flash, I am not the only one getting a Reverse Flash vibe from Eddie, right???

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

@mrnoital: he's been doing ot for 8 years ( 5 years on the island...and hog Kong....and any other locations they will introdukcje us to + 3 years in strarling ). And the pregnancy thing was just before the shipwreck.

_Darkwing_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash should have whooped him...just saying. He could have ripped right through his torso in one shot if he was really blood lusted.