New Relationship?

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Okay in case things do not work out with Rogue (God Forbid) who do you think will be Gambit's rebound or girlfriend or whatever?

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By No_Name_

As long as she walks and talks, I think she's in the running

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By pixelized

No Caption Provided
leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By leigh_rogue888

I would love for Rogue and Remy to be together always, heck I would like to see the comic of their wedding, but I thought I would throw this topic out to see what kind of replies I would get. Pixelized who is that?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
@leigh_rogue888 said:
" I would love for Rogue and Remy to be together always, heck I would like to see the comic of their wedding, but I thought I would throw this topic out to see what kind of replies I would get. Pixelized who is that? "
I'd accept it if they got married, because I'm just so tired of the make-up/break-up relationship they have. Either be together, or not.  I wish the writers wouldn't mess them or us around any more...  

The problem is, there's no such thing as a happily ever after in comics any more.  Most marriages fail in the Marvel U, and considering what a rough ride Rogue & Gambit have had so far, then I doubt that their marriage would survive as long as Cyclops & Phoenix' :(

(That's Boom Boom from the new X-Force)
LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LoganRogue24

i hope Rogue gets with Wolverine now.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pixelized
@xerox-kitty said:
" @leigh_rogue888 said:
" I would love for Rogue and Remy to be together always, heck I would like to see the comic of their wedding, but I thought I would throw this topic out to see what kind of replies I would get. Pixelized who is that? "
I'd accept it if they got married, because I'm just so tired of the make-up/break-up relationship they have. Either be together, or not.  I wish the writers wouldn't mess them or us around any more...   The problem is, there's no such thing as a happily ever after in comics any more.  Most marriages fail in the Marvel U, and considering what a rough ride Rogue & Gambit have had so far, then I doubt that their marriage would survive as long as Cyclops & Phoenix' :( (That's Boom Boom from the new X-Force) "
Only for the popular people. Meggan and Brian will be together until the end of time, as well as Medusa and Blackbolt. Once they step into Rogue and Gambit Popularity status they'll be ripped apart, cheated on, maimed, and de-aged.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized
@leigh_rogue888 said:
and as XK pointed out, that's Boom Boom. They'd Work.
Lydian Sel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lydian Sel

I kind of always saw their relationship as one of those endless love situations where even when they're separated & hating each other they'll still be together one way or another. I'd be very interested to see a retrospective story in the future about their relationship over time where the big events of the marvel universe are only mentioned in order to provide context to the passage of time.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'd actually like to see Gambit go evil again and hook up with Lady Mastermind (or one of her clones). However I have a feelings that Rogue and Gambit are eventually going to get married. In just about every future version of the characters they have kids.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By The_Martian
@pixelized said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @leigh_rogue888 said:
I'd accept it if they got married, because I'm just so tired of the make-up/break-up relationship they have. Either be together, or not.  I wish the writers wouldn't mess them or us around any more...   The problem is, there's no such thing as a happily ever after in comics any more.  Most marriages fail in the Marvel U, and considering what a rough ride Rogue & Gambit have had so far, then I doubt that their marriage would survive as long as Cyclops & Phoenix' :( (That's Boom Boom from the new X-Force) "
Only for the popular people. Meggan and Brian will be together until the end of time, as well as Medusa and Blackbolt. Once they step into Rogue and Gambit Popularity status they'll be ripped apart, cheated on, maimed, and de-aged. "
What about Sue and Reed? They've been together forever!
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Storm and BP will be together forever as well. Unless one of them dies.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Martian
@Gambler said:
" Storm and BP will be together forever as well. Unless one of them dies. "
I'd be okay with this if they removed Storm from the X-Men books. It makes no sense having her running back and forth from Africa to an Island off the coast of California.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Nobody: She likes the frequent flier miles I guess. No I completely agree. She needs to be removed from the X-Men. I mean an appearance once every other couple years sure.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Martian
@Gambler said:
" @Nobody: She likes the frequent flier miles I guess. No I completely agree. She needs to be removed from the X-Men. I mean an appearance once every other couple years sure. "
Its the same thing with Wolverine though. How the heck is he going back and forth from the Island of Utopia(which is being watched like a Hawk) and making all the way back to New York City to help out the Avengers and do his Dark Reign tie-ins. Pick one or the other, because both just isn't believable.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Co-Signed

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

is colossus still imune to rouge's power if so they should get together besides if gambit and rouge actually had sex rouge would not only take his powers but probably a case of herpes as well

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Martian
@joshmightbe said:
" is colossus still imune to rouge's power if so they should get together besides if gambit and rouge actually had sex rouge would not only take his powers but probably a case of herpes as well "
Rogue has full control of her powers now. She can touch anybody and not hurt them or take their powers.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By joshmightbe
@Nobody:
but she can still get the stds
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Nobody said:
" @pixelized said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @leigh_rogue888 said:
Only for the popular people. Meggan and Brian will be together until the end of time, as well as Medusa and Blackbolt. Once they step into Rogue and Gambit Popularity status they'll be ripped apart, cheated on, maimed, and de-aged. "
What about Sue and Reed? They've been together forever! "
I did say 'most' marriages fail in the Marvel U.  Look at Spidey.  What happened to his happily ever after?  The same goes for kids, babies are either kidnapped, disappear during infancy only to come back grown, or have horrible deaths (Danielle Cage, Cable, Sean Madrox).  Meggan & Brian were separated by death, and from what I understand  she had no memories when she returned.  Even Blackbolt & Medusa have had their ups & downs (she was 'kidnapped' by his brother, and had to let him cut her hair off for Black Bolt's plans to succeed), while Reed always has to contend with the fact that Namor is more attractive & manly than he is :p 

If Rogue & Gambit ever get over their hideously cliched Twilight-esque emo relationship and finally get married... then they'd better leave.  Run away to Limbo & never look back.  Otherwise it's a dreadful rollercoaster of emotional turmoil & angst for the rest of our lives.
gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gambit18

Remy would not drop both category (bom bom), after being with the southern belle.

Moreover, even if to distance themselves now (which I doubt), will return to join as a couple.

Rogue / wolverine?, I do not like, she is very beautiful, logan is as tall as a mushroom X_X.  Gambit & Rogue forever. 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pixelized

Who's Bom Bom? She doesn't have a page on CV

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iLLituracy

Mystique.

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24  Edited By crimsonspider89
@pixelized said:
" Who's Bom Bom? She doesn't have a page on CV "
Boom Boom. Try that.
leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Boom Boom just seems like she would be a quick fling for Remy.  One theory I have is for Remy to find a possible polar opposite, I mean look at the Cyclops & Emma Frost relationship, sometimes opposites work.  Although that brings up how different you go. I don't mean for someone who is straight-laced, honest to a fault, and anally uptight.  Someone who can be corrupted a little to enjoy life with Remy. He needs someone who can give him a worth while chase. But anally uptight would be a challenge for him. 

gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gambit18
@crimsonspider89 said:

" @pixelized said:

" Who's Bom Bom? She doesn't have a page on CV "

Boom Boom. Try that. "
 Exactly. My mistake, Gambit & Rogue, do not invent more,  Rogue is best for Remy 
Avatar image for journey_into_chaos
Journey Into Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@leigh_rogue888:
I totally agree with you ! Plus they have children so why not?
Kentotron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kentotron

This is the first time I've ever responded to one of these things ever, as I am computer challenged. But I've been thinking about the whole Gambit situation for a long time now and I've come to the conclusion that if Gambit is going to evolve and survive as a character, he not only needs to end his relationship with Rogue but with the X-Men as well. It pains me to say it since Gambit has been my favorite since I was a kid and I've followed his whole crazy relationship with Rogue forever. I'm not saying that they should never be together again or that Gambit should never be one of the X-Men again. The cajun's gotta switch it up for a bit though so we can see him as someone other than just Rogue's boyfriend or the mistrusted X-Man. He should join another team like X-Factor. Or even better, a team outside the X-family like the the Thunderbolts or the new group of Secret Avengers or even become a friggin' SHIELD agent or something. He needs to find himself surrounded by other characters and heavy hitters in the Marvel U who have no idea who he is. When they learn more about who he is as a character so do the readers and it would be cool to see those interactions. I would like to see how someone like Bendis or Brubaker would write him. Just something different, you know. 

It'll never happen though. 

And I've said way too much. Sorry.

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Mr. Mercury

All he needs is great writers. They built Wolverine, Spiderman, Superman and even powerless Batman into great characters.  They can do that for any character he doesn't need to leave the X-Men and dump Rogue to make him a better character.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Whole Romy, is like i dont know Bennifer, God lord, please make it stop. 
They are great, but Gambit is a better charcter alone, he is Gambit even the fact they say the movie will have no Rouge, say something. 
He need to try to find himself again and being for himself for a year or 2

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31  Edited By lorex

Remy has always been a flirt and a charmer so I don't think he has ever had trouble getting women in the past. When he met Rogue he met someone who challenged him, because her touch could kill him. At first I think
it was wanting what he couldn't have but later they both developed true feelings for one another. Of course a lot has happened to them over the years but I think they still care for each other. reciently in X-Men: Legacy 234
Rogue temporarily had telepathic powers and broadcast the her strong feelings she still has for Remy.  

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By fbdarkangel

there's talk of X-23 and gambit 

X-23 #5
X-23 #5

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see who else could replace her .

babywix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By babywix

Well... if there's somebody who's going to be a new girlfriend for Gambit... well, I must say, she'll have some big shoes to fill (from a certain Southern Belle).

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By HellionVulcan
@fbdarkangel said:
" there's talk of X-23 and gambit 

X-23 #5
X-23 #5

No Caption Provided
"
Hopefully gambits just a mentor as it'd be weird as hell gambit going after a teenager but I think its rogue no matter what its like cyke & jean grey they just go together no matter what .
Ashra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ashra

Gambit/Storm has always been my particular fantasy pairing.   I think Rogue and Wolverine should've hooked up instead.  The two thieves - I'm die hard fans of them both and always wished they had gotten together in the comics.  

But alas  . . .

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I can't really imagine anyone else with Gambit beside Rogue, but who knows maybe a writer could change that.

buffalostyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By buffalostyle

The Romy pairing has and will continue to give us headaches for years to come. Personally, I'm a fan of Gambit x Rogue and I would love nothing more than to see them together...married, even...but, I know that this is something that we may never see due to the fact that the drama keeps us coming back for more. Now, with the whole Magneto flirtations, we have a potential triangle shaping up...

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By daredevil21134

Psylocke
jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By jrock85
@Kentotron said:
"

This is the first time I've ever responded to one of these things ever, as I am computer challenged. But I've been thinking about the whole Gambit situation for a long time now and I've come to the conclusion that if Gambit is going to evolve and survive as a character, he not only needs to end his relationship with Rogue but with the X-Men as well. It pains me to say it since Gambit has been my favorite since I was a kid and I've followed his whole crazy relationship with Rogue forever. I'm not saying that they should never be together again or that Gambit should never be one of the X-Men again. The cajun's gotta switch it up for a bit though so we can see him as someone other than just Rogue's boyfriend or the mistrusted X-Man. He should join another team like X-Factor. Or even better, a team outside the X-family like the the Thunderbolts or the new group of Secret Avengers or even become a friggin' SHIELD agent or something. He needs to find himself surrounded by other characters and heavy hitters in the Marvel U who have no idea who he is. When they learn more about who he is as a character so do the readers and it would be cool to see those interactions. I would like to see how someone like Bendis or Brubaker would write him. Just something different, you know. 

It'll never happen though. 

And I've said way too much. Sorry.

"
I also think that he's been defined by his relationship with Rogue for to long and its really hindered his development as well as hers. For both of them to progress I think they should go their separate ways but that doesn't mean they have to stop loving and caring for each other. The challenge for writers like Marjorie Liu who like Gambit is to try to build him up again after he's been torn down by writers who either didn't like him or didn't understand him (Milligan/ Austen/ Yost) and that's going to be a steep hill to climb.
jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jakeeboi17

For some strange reason, I would kind of like to see Gambit and Psylocke together... No idea why though O.o

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jrock85
@jakeeboi17 said:
" For some strange reason, I would kind of like to see Gambit and Psylocke together... No idea why though O.o "
Psylocke and Gambit have never had a great relationship.
jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jakeeboi17
@jrock85: Yeah but I would just like to see what it would be like if they dated is all...
jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jrock85
@jakeeboi17: 
Yeah, I guess that would be kind of interesting.
jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jrock85

After looking at all the potential candidates, I've narrowed it down to one: Sage. I think she and Gambit would make a great couple.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By daredevil21134
@jakeeboi17 said:
" @jrock85: Yeah but I would just like to see what it would be like if they dated is all... "

me too
jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jrock85

I have a really bad feeling that Mike Carey is going to hook him up with Frenzy.

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By leigh_rogue888

The whole Laura and Gambit is not gonna happen. He even said in the newest X-23 comic that romantic chemistry is not there. I think it will be a mentor or bonding experience that they both come away with something. Besty is busy with Warren at the moment, and Sage is in another universe (which makes me wonder when if ever we will see her again). I don't know I think they are giving Rogue and Remy both a break with the same project. Rogue has Hope and Remy has Laura.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By stumpy49er
@jrock85: Well said!
I've loved the Gambit Rogue relationship for awhile now, but I am starting to think along these same terms. I almost think 2 superheroes having a good lasting relationship is almost like 2 hollywood stars or rockstars having a lasting relationship. Maybe what Remy really needs, is a good ol fashioned, down home Cajun lady. Not Bella Donna. Not a mutant or anyone with any powers. Just a Cajun Mary Jane/ Lois Lane/ Sue Dibney (without the tragedy)
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Tyger Tiger, she always wanted to know "what he tasted like."