joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

2020 Nexus HQ sub basement 4 New York City

Dr. Rossini sits in a chair across from a man chained to a chair, "Hello Mr. Smith, I'm sure you know who I am."

Mr. Smith looks up, "Why are you doing this to me?"

Rossini stares off,"I'm protecting a dream."

Mr. Smith looks confused as Rossini nods,"I suppose the least I can do is give you an explanation, It all started in 1940."

1940 Berlin, Germany Marzahn "Gypsy" camp

A scientist working for the Nazi's was in need of Guinea pigs for an experiment. He'd first asked the commander for a few of his dogs, the commander replied,"The dogs have some value, take some of the Gypsies instead."

The Scientist Dr. Heinrich Schmidt chose two small boys, Henryk and Emil Rosiwicz.

For the next few years the boys endured unimaginable torture at the hands of Schmidt under the guise of scientific progress. He poked and prodded them, took samples of all kinds and injected them with various chemicals.

Sachenhausen

In 1945, as the boys were nearest to death he finally made the breakthrough he'd been looking for, his latest experiment had healed the boys from the years of abuse, made them stronger and healthier than they'd ever been. His joy was short lived how ever because as he rushed to inform the Commander of his success the Polish second infantry division along with the Red Army smashed their way in to liberate those imprisoned there.

Schmidt was shot just outside the door to his lab and the boys were free. They attempted to find their family but they were alone, Emil began to grow resentful but Henryk believed things were going to get better. They traveled Europe for a time looking for a place to belong. Finally the decided to start a new life.

In 1949 they arrived in New York City speaking little English. At first they had trouble fitting in but once they began school it all began to change. They were exceptionally bright, it seemed as if their minds worked on a higher level than the average person. It wasn't long before they found themselves in a university being paid for by a rich but mysterious benefactor. Henryk often wondered who this rich man was but Emil would always tell him not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

1955 Columbia University New York City

Henryk and Emil were having a conversation about some notes discovered from research performed in Nazi concentration camps, among them were the notes from Schmidt about his research on them.

Emil looked at them with disdain,"What good could possibly come of those?"

Henryk optimistically stated,"Yes what happened to us was horrible but perhaps this can give purpose to that suffering, if we put our minds to it we can use this to change the world."

Emil sneered, "Yes we can make it worse."

Henryk hushed him,"No we can make it a world where people are free of disease and defect. Look at us since the experiment neither of us has had so much as a cold, you run 3 miles every morning, do you ever tire?"

Emil shook his head as Henryk continued, "We can make a world where anyone regardless of who they are or where they come from can be more. It's the American dream in a bottle."

Emil laughed,"You're my Brother and I love you but you sound mad. If we did make this happen what would stop these perfected people from just deciding they should be in charge and start new genocides and wars?"

Henryk lowered his head,"I'm working on that."

1963 Manhattan, New York City the apartment of Emil Rosiwicz

There's pounding at the door, Emil pulls himself out of bed and makes his way to answer it. He pulls it open revealing an excited looking Henryk," Do you know what time it is?"

Henryk quickly answers, "5:45 am. I've found the answer."

He waves something in Emil's face causing a baffled expression,"That's a comic book."

Henryk rolls his eyes,"Just let me explain."

Emil sighs,"It is very early, can I at least get some coffee first."

Henryk replies,"Fine."

Minutes later Emil thumbs through the issue of Uncanny X-men,"How exactly is a comic book going to help you revolutionize humanity?"

Henryk's energy returns,"You said you wanted to know how to prevent people from starting wars, well I'm thinking that if any random person was capable of doing what a comic book hero could do and no one could tell them apart from a regular person it'd make people less likely to go to war because they wouldn't be able to determine the threat level of a country in any efficient way."

Emil replies,"No, it would scare the hell out of everyone and probably end up making the world worse. You are a genius when it comes to science but your ignorance of human nature has always astounded me. Besides there's no way of making any of that possible."

He sees a small glimmer in his brother's eye, "What did you do?"

Henryk's Lab an hour later

They look down on a glass box with several ants in it. Henryk reaches down pair of tweezers and lifts out one placing it on the table and lifting a hammer.

He hands Emil a pair of goggles, "Watch."

Henryk slams the hammer down full force on the ant, Emil is shocked when a small piece of the hammer head hits hit goggles and he looks down on an unfazed ant.

Emil looks at his brother,"You've made indestructible ants?"

Henryk grins,"That's just the beginning."

Emil frowns,"It'll take decades to work our way up to human trials."

Henryk's grin doesn't fade,"We have all the time in the world."

Emil shakes his head,"What are you talking about."

Henryk looks at his brother,"Hasn't it ever struck you odd that despite being 33 years old you still look exactly the same as you did when you were 18? We age slower than normal, by a large margin."

1975 A small cafe in Paris

Emil hands Henryk an envelope, "Our benefactor has provided us with new identities."

Henryk sighs,"I don't see the point."

Emil replies, "The point is people have become curious about 2 men in their 40s looking like college sophomores."

Henryk read his Idenity aloud, "Henry K Rossini. How come you still get to be Emil?"

Emil grins," Maybe he just likes the sound of it."

1999 Rossini Labs Boston, Mass.

Henry enters as Emil wave him in,"Look at this."

He shows him a new born horse with a lion's mane and teeth, "I've managed to successfully merge DNA of 2 species."

Henry asks,"How is that helpful?"

Emil looks on, "Well, aside from our brains humans are fairly pathetic from a purely physical perspective, if we could add traits of other species to our own it may make the process we seek infinitely easier. Unfortunately so far primate DNA is proving to be tricky for some reason."

2009 The office of Emil Rossini

Henry glares at his brother,"Allowing these corporate dim wits into our works is idiotic."

Emil replies,"We need financing for the next step, unless you happen to be hiding a magic genie it's pretty much our only option."

Tension had been brewing for years now between the brothers. Emil had grown more cold and calculating while Henry had begun to question their life's work.

Henry shot back, "I don't know what you're planning but if I have to, I'll halt the research."

Emil jumps to his feet,"We have worked to long and hard for this to fall apart now!"

December 2012 Nexus Pharmaceuticals press conference

Emil stands before a crowded room, "By this time next year we will have the first generation of children upgraded by our revolutionary process, insurance companies world wide have assured us that it will be covered without penalty. These children will be faster, stronger, smarter and more resistant to disease. Tests have already proven the process eliminates even the possibility of cancers and similar illness. Who knows what the future will hold."

He leaves as the PR rep takes questions from the crowd. Henry steps up,"We're really going to do this?"

Emil glares at him,"It's already in motion."

Henry shakes his head,"And is the company aware of our adjustments?"

Emil shoves him into a wall,"No, and we're going to be keeping that to our selves."

Henry looks on his brother,"You were right, all those years ago you were right. We are making the world worse."

As Henry leaves the building Thomas Tipton and Sebastian Bennet walk up to Emil,"We're ready."

Emil looks the direction his brother left,"Make it quick, I don't want him to suffer."

Tipton looks at him,"If I may, why did you hire us?"

Emil looks back,"We're making a better world, sometimes he just gets in the way of our dreams."

He turns away with a tear,"Goodbye Henryk."

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Pretty cool. Can't wait for the next part. :)

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SyIar

Nice job. The ending was really messed up, but I liked it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

2020 Nexus HQ sub basement 4 New York City

Dr. Rossini sits in a chair across from a man chained to a chair, "Hello Mr. Smith, I'm sure you know who I am."

Mr. Smith looks up, "Why are you doing this to me?"

"I'm protecting a dream."

Mr. Smith looks confused as Rossini nods,"I suppose the least I can do is give you an explanation. It all started in 1940…"

1940 Berlin, Germany Marzahn "Gypsy" camp

Dr. Heinrich Schmidt was working for the Nazi's. He was in need of Guinea pigs for an experiment. He'd first asked the commander for a few of his dogs, the commander replied, "The dogs have some value. Take some of the Gypsies instead."

Schmidt chose two small boys, Henryk and Emil Rosiwicz. For the next few years the boys endured unimaginable torture at the hands of Schmidt under the guise of ‘scientific progress’. He poked and prodded them, took samples of all kinds and injected them with various chemicals, toxins, potions and poisons.

1945, Sachenhausen

As the boys were nearest to death Schmidt finally made the breakthrough he'd been looking for. His latest experiment had healed the boys from the years of abuse. It had made them stronger and healthier than they'd ever been. His joy was short lived however because as he rushed to inform the Commander of his success, the Polish second infantry division along with the Red Army smashed their way in to liberate those imprisoned there.

Schmidt was shot just outside the door to his lab and the boys were free. They attempted to find their family but they were alone. Emil began to grow resentful but Henryk believed things were going to get better. They travelled Europe for a time looking for a place to belong. Finally they decided to start a new life.

In 1949 they arrived in New York City speaking very little English. At first they had trouble fitting in but once they began school it all began to change. They were exceptionally bright, it seemed as if their minds worked on a higher level than the average person. It wasn't long before they found themselves in a university being paid for by a rich but mysterious benefactor. Henryk often wondered who this rich man was but Emil would always tell him not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

1955 Columbia University New York City

Henryk and Emil were having a conversation about some notes discovered from research performed in Nazi concentration camps. Amongst them were the notes from Dr Schmidt and his ‘research’ on them.

Emil looked at them with disdain, "What good could possibly come of those?"

"Yes what happened to us was horrible!” Henryk optimistically stated, “But perhaps this can give purpose to that suffering, if we put our minds to it we can use this to change the world."

"Yes, we can make it worse." Emil sneered

Henryk hushed him, "No we can make it a world where people are free of disease and defect. Look at us, since the experiment neither of us has had so much as a cold. You run three miles every morning, do you ever tire?" Emil shook his head as Henryk continued, "We can make a world where anyone regardless of who they are or where they come from can be more. It's the American dream in a bottle."

Emil laughed,"You are my brother and I love you, but you sound mad. If we did make this happen, what would stop these perfected people from just deciding THEY should be in charge and start new genocides and wars?"

"I'm working on that."

1963 Manhattan, New York City the apartment of Emil Rosiwicz

There's pounding at the door, Emil pulls himself out of bed and makes his way to answer it. He pulls it open revealing an excited looking Henryk," Do you know what time it is?"

"I've found the answer!"

He waves something in Emil's face causing a baffled expression, "That's a comic book."

Henryk rolls his eyes, "Just let me explain."

"It is very early, can I at least get some coffee first."

Henryk replies, "Fine."

Minutes later Emil thumbs through the issue of Uncanny X-men, "How? How exactly is a child’s book going to help you revolutionize humanity?"

"You said you wanted to know how to prevent people from starting wars” said Henryk “Well I'm thinking that if any random person was capable of doing what a comic book hero could do and no one could tell them apart from a regular person it'd make people less likely to go to war because they wouldn't be able to determine the threat level of a country in any efficient way."

"No, it would scare the hell out of everyone!” replied Emil “And probably end up making the world worse. You are a genius when it comes to science, but your ignorance of human nature has always astounded me. Besides there's no way of making any of it possible!" He sees a small glimmer in his brother's eye, "What did you do?"

Henryk's Lab an hour later

They look down on a glass box with several ants in it. Henryk reaches down pair of tweezers and lifts out one placing it on the table and lifting a hammer.

He hands Emil a pair of goggles, "Watch." Henryk slams the hammer down full force on the ant, Emil is shocked when a small piece of the hammer head hits hit goggles and he looks down on an unfazed ant.

"So…you've made indestructible ants?"

Henryk grins, "That's just the beginning."

Emil frowns, "It'll take decades to work our way up to human trials."

Henryk's grin doesn't fade, "We have all the time in the world."

Emil shakes his head, "What are you talking about."

Henryk looks at his brother, "Hasn't it ever struck you odd that despite being thirty-three years old you still look exactly the same as you did when you were eighteen? We age slower than normal, by a large margin."

1975, A small cafe in Paris

Emil hands Henryk an envelope, "Our benefactor has provided us with new identities."

Henryk sighs,"I don't see the point."

Emil replies, "The point is people have become curious about two men in their forties looking like college sophomores."

Henryk read his idenity aloud, "Henry K Rossini. How come you still get to be Emil?"

Emil grins," Maybe he just likes the sound of it."

1999 Rossini Labs Boston, Mass.

Henry enters as Emil wave him in, "Look at this."

He shows him a new born horse with a lion's mane and teeth, "I've managed to successfully merge DNA of two species."

Henry asks, "How is that helpful?"

"Well, aside from our brains humans are fairly pathetic from a purely physical perspective, if we could add traits of other species to our own it may make the process we seek infinitely easier. Unfortunately so far, primate DNA is proving to be tricky for some reason." said Emil

2009 The office of Emil Rossini

Henry glares at his brother, "Allowing these corporate dim wits into our works is idiotic! Worse than idiotic!"

"We need financing for the next step” Emil replies “Unless you happen to be hiding a magic genie it's pretty much our only option."

Tension had been brewing for years now between the brothers. Emil had grown more cold and calculating while Henry had begun to question their life's work. Henry shot back, "I don't know what you're planning but if I have to, I'll halt the research."

Emil jumps to his feet, "We have worked to long and hard for this to fall apart now!"

December 2012 Nexus Pharmaceuticals press conference

Emil stands before a crowded room, "By this time next year we will have the first generation of children upgraded by our revolutionary process. Insurance companies worldwide have assured us that it will be covered without penalty. These children will be faster, stronger, smarter and more resistant to disease. Tests have already proven the process eliminates even the possibility of cancers and similar illness. Who knows what the future will hold."

He leaves as the PR rep takes questions from the crowd. Henry steps up, "We're really going to do this?"

"It's already in motion."

Henry shakes his head, "And is the company aware of our adjustments?"

Emil shoves him into a wall, "No! And we're going to be keeping that…to ourselves."

Henry looks on his brother, "You were right! All those years ago you were right. We are making the world worse."

As Henry leaves the building Thomas Tipton and Sebastian Bennet walk up to Emil, "We're ready."

Emil looks the direction his brother left, "Make it quick, I don't want him to suffer."

Tipton looks at him,"If I may, why did you hire us?"

"We're making a better world” said Emil “Sometimes he just gets in the way of our dreams." He turns away with a tear,"Goodbye Henryk."

My guess is Henry aint dead! :) Good work

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@SyIar: This story will be elaborated on over time and the end will make more sense later on

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SyIar

@joshmightbe: by "messed up" I meant sad and kind of tragic.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@SyIar: That's kind of what I was going for, just saying there's more to the story

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

bump

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lykopis

Great back story -- you had me sad at the end but time has a way of warping one's perspective and despite their above average capability, they are both still very human.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of your story. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped