joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Stalker Creed 7, field journal : entry 4

David got up early today, and was Quickly on his way, the walk was fairly uneventful for the most part until David came across a man sitting in a chair beside an old truck loaded with various goods with a sign on the side that read "Morty's Deals on Wheels" written in what appeared to be spray paint. He had stopped for lunch but was more than happy to sell David a map of the area.They made some small talk and David warned him about where we'd encountered the krangs and was on his way. I know I should have followed right away but my curiosity had been piqued so I had to see what Morty had to offer. He looked nervous for a moment but he was a salesman first, so he started talking up his merchandise. I wasn't interested in most of it until I noticed a hard light projector in near perfect condition, it even still contained its vibranium battery. I wanted it but I had no money, I suggested a trade. At first he seemed skeptical until I showed him one of my adamantium knives, his eyes lit up. Adamantium was rare in this day and age and was far more valuable than gold, with it I purchased not only the projector but also some new clothes which was good considering the damage to what I was wearing. The boots will take some getting used to, I'm accustomed to bare feet. He also offered some night vision goggles but I declined I can see perfectly well in the dark without them. I thanked the man as he drove off and I then picked up David's sent and quickly caught up to his trail as the sun started to set. He had already set up his camp so I found a place to sleep for myself in a cave near.

A few hours later I heard the rain start, a few minutes went by and I heard something approaching the cave so I readied myself in case I was in for a fight. A head poked around the wall of the entrance, it was David. He asked if it was ok to come in and share the fire, I saw no harm in it considering he'd already seen me once so might as well not let him die from exposure. We sat quietly for a while, he read an old book as I tinkered with the projector to see what it could do. Finally David spoke up, "You don't look like much of a tech guy." I told him that I had long been interested in gadgets such as this but I seldom had the chance to use anything of the sort until recently. He then told me he didn't understand much about it leading me to explain the adjustments I'd made to my repulser glove I had to stop before I said too much. He went on to introduce himself, and then asked me my name. I don't actually have a name just a number so I introduced myself as 7, he seemed to think it odd but accepted it. Once he went to sleep I started thinking about my mission and the fact that this man had saved my life, he expected nothing in return for it but I felt I owed him so I decided I would no longer track him. He didn't need to be there when I did what I have to do and I'm an excellent tracker it may take me longer but I could find a powered spider on my own. I slept for a bit then woke up put my things together and left before David woke.

David Hardy's voice journal

Not much happened today, I came across Morty for a minute and got a map from him. A storm popped up in the night so I had to pack up camp and look for some shelter, I spotted some fire light coming from a near by cave so I crept up to have a look and saw that it was the guy who'd been fighting the krang, Apparently his name is 7, he let me share the fire. He didn't seem like much of a talker so I pulled out my beat up copy of the Hitchhiker's guide and started reading for a while after a bit I looked up and noticed he was fiddling with a hard light projector. The sight made me think of the old man's speech about not judging a lake by it's surface, but it still seemed odd to me that this big guy who looked like a crossbreed of a man and a tiger was quietly making adjustments on somewhat advanced tech. I started up a conversation with him, apparently these gadgets were new to him but he talked about them as prized possessions, looking around it seemed like he didn't have much else and he was obviously not used to people talking to him. Must be hard for him out here on his own like this. He was gone when I woke up so I gathered up my stuff and got going, hopefully there's a spider camp close by I could use a night on a cot instead of the cold ground.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Is this the end of Hardy & Creed? What's Creed going to do now that he's kinda free? Same Iron Age time, same Iron Age channel :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

They'll meet up again fairly soon

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers