Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: S.H.I.E.L.D

Wide Awake Part. 3

Castle Doom:

Doom sat is his throne room in getting reports from all over his country. New Latveria is under attack by an unknown enemy. His army has fought back the invasion force in the east and is journeying westward to reclaim several lost bases. Though these forces were few in number, they were in possession of technology Doom had never seen. It’s been an hour since he’s heard back from anyone on the field and he’s growing inpatient.

"Lord Doom!" A soldier yelled and he stumbled into the throne room.

Doom rose from his throne and extended his hand and uttered a spell that levitated the man in the air. "I am not to be disturbed!"

"My apologies—my Lord. But you have to see this—outside the-- erm – sky!"

Doom dropped him and marched with expedience out of his throne room, shoving open his chamber doors. When he arrived outside, a massive fleet darkened the sky above Latveria, smoke and fire billowed from the city beyond his castle. "How did this happen? Stryfe you will pay dearly for this!" He proclaimed shaking his fist in the air.

A massive fleet hovered in the skies above New Latveria, while Doom’s forces were elsewhere. "What is this?" Doom exclaimed, the ground around him began to illuminate and a strange glyph appeared at his feet and expanded from his feet, and surrounded his castle.

He stepped forward only to be thrown to his knees. The air around him was heavy and the more he resisted the closer to the ground he got. "Release me!" He demanded, falling face first into the dirt.

The glyph flashed and before him stood a woman clad in black wearing a long black coat. Doom lifted his head enough to see her. Her skin and hair was white and her eyes had no color in them. "You may dabble in the mystical arts Victor but you know nothing of real power." She said in a harsh monotone. Her voice sounded like a group of people talking at the same time.

She stomped on the doctors head and held her boot in place. Dooms head pinned to the dirt. "Let me show you."

New Latverian S.H.I.E.L.D HQ,

9 hours ago:

"They aren’t putting up much of a fight ma’am."

Ngumi and her team were ordered to clear out shield head quarters in New Latveria. As soon as she got there she was met with resistance. The fighting on the thirtieth floor turned into close quarters combat. The entire floor being lined with cubicles made it hard to get a beat on the enemy. "When you’re mind isn’t your own it tends to happen that way. We will not suffer them to live." She said as she jumped from behind the desk she hid under. The light around her bent and in an instant she vanished from sight.

A soldier peered his head out from cover long enough to see the agents firing at his team be tossed fall to the ground in a heap, their necks bent awkwardly. Ngumi reappeared and signaled her men to come forward. "I want a sweep of the monitors in this room! I want Doom’s high command aware of the situation on the ground!" She barked as her soldiers went to the few undamaged computers.

She pulled her communicator from her belt and spoke into it. "Shadow give me the situation." After a long pause she heard nothing, and then called again. "This is Lieutenant Ngumi Takada, report Shadow."

She still got nothing. "Damn it."

"Ma’am look at this." Said and agent standing over the corpse of one of the dead.

Ngumi walked over and kicked the corpse to its back. The body’s eyes flashed with quickening frequency. "What does that mean?" the soldier asked.

"It means jump out the window." Ngumi answered walking toward the window, holding her communicator to her mouth. "Makkari what floor are you on?"

"Are you serious ma’am?"

"Eleventh why?"

"I’m on the thirtieth and I need you to catch me." Ngumi backed up and bolted for the window. "Follow me if you want to live!" She screamed as she crashed through the window.

Ngumi feel for a minute when her body jerked forward and before she could blink she was on the roof top across the street. She landed on her feet and dropped to her knees, breathing rapidly. "Are you crazy? What if I didn’t catch you? And why jump out of a building?"

Ngumi, gasping for air between each word answered, "Crazy? The... thought has… occurred to me." She pointed at shield head quarters, several flashes of light went up each floor, behind them the roar of an explosion as fire and smoke billowed out of the building.

"You may be immortal," Ngumi said as her face twisted as she said the word. "but the fact remains I am not and I have a mission to complete."

Feeble Richards:

Director Carter looked at the data pad and back at Commander Holland. "This is Carol’s signature! Why would I give these orders out?"

The waitress set Holland’s food on the table and walked away quickly. "I’ll tell you why." He said as he cut into his steak, with knife and fork in hand. "Elise," he says pointing with his fork. "is one of the many, Reavers that have infiltrated the New Latverian division of shield and Doom’s high command. Am I right?"

Elise looked at the Commander stone faced. "Yes."

Holland took a bite of his steak and continued, "You happen to be apart of the Wide Awake program and invading New Latveria is your goal."

"Part of it." Elise said, crossing her arms across her stomach. "I’ve been feeding Carter my illusions for years."

Carter was dumbstruck and began to tremble in his seat. "Elise? I don’t understand. You’ve been with me since the beginning of basic. I—how is this even—"

Elise looked over to Carter with caring eyes and a smile on her face, "I’m a telepath sweetie. I made you think that and you signed whatever I gave you. Do you really think you got promoted to Director on your own?" Carter doubled forward and vomited on the table. "You never could get over the puking spells though." Elise said holding her nose. She looked over to Holland who put a napkin over his plate as he got up from the table. "Why aren’t my powers working on you? You should really be under the impression that you’re a six year old deaf girl and sir pukes-a-lot is your mommy."

Holland pointed at the chandelier above them. "That is a mental blocker. Keeps you out of my head."

Elise’s eyes narrowed on Holland. "You can’t stop it you know. We’ve started, you’re too late!" She shot up and went for Holland.

With a flick of his wrist Elise slumped back to her seat, falling to the side and into Carter's lap. "Shadow this is, Holland." He called two fingers over his ear. He heard nothing. "Shadow?"

Holland walked toward the entrance of the building and stopped at the window, looking up at the buildings above the restaurant."Carter, get up." Holland ordered.

Carter was still at the table weeping and wiping puke from his face. "Just leave me." He stammered.

Holland whipped around and stomped toward the Director. "Sit on your ass and cry later!" Holland barked as he knocked Adam to the floor with a sharp blow to his jaw. "We don’t have time for it!"

Carter whimpered on the floor clenching his jaw. Holland rolled his eyes and snatched the director up by his neck. He dragged him toward the window and put his face against the glass. "Do you see them?"

Adam Carter looked to the roof of the buildings above them. A group of soldiers wearing metallic armor that looked to be fused to their bodies watched them. Each carrying large cannons all pointed at the Feeble Richards. "They aren’t going to hold your hand!"

Holland threw him to the ground, the restaurant shook as fire ripped through the building, glass shattering in every direction. The air was choked with heat and fire licked the tables and chandeliers, the flame spreading to the rest of the building. <Oh my god!> Carter screamed in Czech.

<Leave him out of it.> He heard back. Carter looked to the side and Holland lay next to him, clutching his bleeding right arm. "The battle for Doomstadt just begun."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Holy frijoles! Nice work, sleeper agents, Doom on his FACE, another engaging read. I used Perun in the latest chapter of Son of Thor, love the ring that "The Battle of Doomstadt" has. Keep up the good work

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

Awesome, I'm looking for Doom's counter attack

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@time_phantom This needs more comments. I said how much I liked Reprisals, but this is somehow even better.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0