joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

David Hardy's voice journal

As we climbed into the duct work above the club car Sum....I mean Susan informed us that what we were here to steal wasn't actually on the train yet but would be loaded on at the next stop along with other cargo and that she had intended to use us as a distraction for security which didn't even slightly surprise 7, but now that we knew we had competition she was going to need some real help. I was going to tell her to piss off but 7 insisted I go along with it. The only problem was we still needed a distraction for the Expressmen, basically someone was going to have to make sure they stayed outside the train and away from us. 7 said he'd do it for 2 reasons. 1. We would have a much easier time sneeking around the inside than a 7 and a half foot cat man and 2. He was by far the least likely of us to fall off the train. Susan did her camouflage thing as she slipped out of the ducts and 7 pulled me to him and told me in no uncertain terms that she was not to get off this train with the gem then he climbed back up.

I dropped down as quietly as I could and tried to figure out what I was going to do when I heard a couple of snobs talking about their jobs, they claimed that they had actually received praise from the chairman of Ferrum and were on the fast track to full executive status, I listened to them talk down to people for about 5 minutes before I got behind them and took their wallets and even one's watch just for good measure. I pulled out 2 first class tickets along with their credit and Ident-cards. Susan came up to me and I handed her a ticket, a few minutes later the conductor came around looking for tickets and had the snobs flipping out looking for theirs. Susan and I took a seat at the bar to wait for the stop. After I'd had a beer she got up to get a look at the security inside and to men sat down on either side of me, they were 2 of the 4 man team we'd fought when we got on, they introduced themselves as Willis and Hill and informed me that if we got in the way of their mission they'd kill us, though I could tell only Willis was sincere about it. Hill looked uncomfortable at the thought but Willis was fighting back a smile. Finally the train stopped and the 2 guys disappeared. Susan informed me that the cargo was loaded and they added 3 additional Expressmen bringing the total to 6. Now we just needed to wait for 7's distraction.

As the train started moving everyone looked up toward a loud thud that came from the roof, but quickly forgot about it. We headed toward the door to the next car and were about to go in when 7 and one of the guys we fought tore through the side wall with 2 Expressmen right behind them 7 hit the ground as the man kicked him in the gut and turned around and punched the nearest soldier so hard it shattered his helmet and sent him flying off the train. 7 got up and hurled the little man through the other side wall and then followed him out, I saw the other Expressmen open fire on them as Susan dragged me into the next car telling me to get my head in the game. As we passed through the hall of the sleeping car we happened to walk right by the open door of the room belonging to our competition, we stared at each other for a second then Susan slammed their door and jammed some kind of blade in the door frame to trap them inside as we hurried to get to the cargo area.

Creed 7, field journal entry 12 continued

I decided to be the distraction so I told David to make sure the woman whatever her name was this week, never got a hold of the gem and climbed back to the roof, I waited for a few minutes when I saw him, the little man who knocked me down earlier. I slipped the magnets back on my boots and stood up, he did the same. He stared hard at me with a gun in his hand, I thought he'd shoot so I powered up my repulsers but he holstered his gun and cracked his knuckles. I knew he wanted a fight, maybe it was because I hadn't won a fight on my own in days or maybe it was just his ugly face but I really wanted to fight him too. We ran at each other and started swing as soon as we were in range. He punched me in the gut as I hit him in the face, then it was on. He was an exceptional fighter with great strength but I was a bit faster. Before we could finish the train stopped and we were forced to hide between the cars, we stood there glaring at each other for a few minutes until the train started again then we checked our respective sides to make sure it was clear of Expressmen. Before I could look back he punched me and I nearly fell off but I caught the rail and flung myself back to kick him off, unfortunately the runt managed to catch the rail as well then delivered an uppercut that threw me back on the roof with a hard slam.

He then jumped toward me attempting to crush my skull with his foot but I caught it and slammed him into the roof. He kicked me hard in the face and jumped to his feet. As I got up I punched him in the ribs as hard as I could sending him back several feet, unfortunately this drew the attention of 2 of the Expressmen who immediately opened fire on us we jumped in different directions and they split up, I returned fire shredding a good portion of the left side of the armor of the soldier who came for me while the little man leaped on the other and started smashing his fist into causing the relatively light armor to crumble. The Expressmen are built for speed and ranged combat so they didn't need the durability of the standard armor so keeping the combat close up was to our advantage. The soldier on my side pulled off while his comrade hit the ground, then another arrived. The runt went to jump on him while trying to knock me off the train at the same time and it lead to us both being blasted through the side wall of the train. I landed hard on my face and he kicked me in the gut before shattering the helmet of the soldier who followed us in. I snatched him up and threw him through the other side but the little bastard managed to catch himself so I went after him. As we got back to the roof the man in the shredded armor attempted to take us out but I blasted his exposed side killing him instantly. The runt came back at me as the train rolled over a bridge, before he could hit me I caught him and hurled him into the water below. I looked down and saw him down there somehow still alive and staring back up at me with hate in his eyes then he was out of sight as the train moved on.

Shield Agent Max Quartermain mission report continued

We needed a distraction for the Expressmen, Fry volunteered and being that he was the only super human we had that worked good by me, sure at 5ft 5 he doesn't look like much but that man fights like pit bull and now he was good and pissed since that bear man or whatever the hell it was tossed him like a soft ball and was itching to fight anyway. He climbed up on the roof as we went into another car to wait for the stop. Willis and Hill found one of the thieves we fought sitting at the bar in the club car and they went to try to intimidate him into giving up. Willis has too much fun doing that but Hill is too by the book to really get into it. I headed to our room in the sleeping car to see if I could catch a nap before the mission had to get going. Willis and Hill came back to the room as the train stopped and we started getting our gear together around ten minutes or so after the train started moving again Hill was looking out the window when he told us Fry had just busted through the side of the club car so we were about to go help when we saw 2 of the thieves walking past our room. The woman slammed the door closed and blocked it with something. Then we heard them run off down the hall. Willis slapped some plastic explosive on the door and blew it open but we were too late. Fry called my com and told me the big cat thing had thrown him off the train.

to be continued

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Nice work! Love that Fry got thrown off the train :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Thanks, and don't worry he'll be back