joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Nova corpsmen 6005764 personal Journal  

Well to say the least my life hasn't quite turned out like I thought it would, I guess I should start at the beginning. 

My name is Richard Rider, I was born and raised in Hempstead, New York on Earth. I had always dreamed of being an astronaut. I focused my whole life on it and one day I finally got my shot. I was going to be on the last flight of the space shuttle before they retired it. I had just went out for my very first space walk when we saw it. It was a massive alien space craft that hadn't even noticed us until they had crashed into us. The entire crew died except for me, but as I was floating alone in the void of space my options weren't great.  

I was picked up by the ship that had crashed into us, they were of a race I've learned are called Kree, a race of conquers. they weren't attempting an invasion or anything like that just examining the native life for some reason. My being where I was just saved them the trouble of landing to take a sample. I'm not sure what was going to happen to me exactly but given what I know now about them it probably wasn't good. As Luck would have it the ship ran into a Nova Corps fleet. They boarded the ship and freed the various creatures being held captive along with me. Apparently the Kree had violated some treaty and the Corps was enforcing the consequences.  

I was taken to the planet Xandar, to give my account of what happened and after I was done I decided to stay a while and choose to try to join the Corps. I just barely passed the entrance exam, and the training was probably the hardest thing I've ever done but it was worth it to be able to see the cosmos. I just got my first mission an I'm currently heading off to a place called Chandilar to fend off a Kree attack on the Shi'ar empire. I'm really nervous, this being my first time in combat but unless there happens to be a miracle it's unavoidable.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

I know this one is short but if you want to know how his first mission turned out go check out Gladiator part 1

spaceboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By spaceboy

I like the journal idea.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe
@spaceboy: it's kind of a cheat because I suck with dialog and the Journal style allows me to get away with the bare minimum
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator
@joshmightbe: Great chapter!