Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AgeofHurricane

New Mutants #3

Atom - Part 3

New Comers.

Rated T+

CPT: Kent, Conneticut. The spark of a new friendship.

PN 1 - Laurie and Sofia are still hovering high up in the skies.

LAURIE:…Sofia…right ? I still can’t wrap my head around all this….I mean I know I have the same…thing…but this is just too much…your using it so freely..

SOFIA: Why should I not ? It is a free world I am right ? When I came here my father told me not to, but who am I to listen to a man that knows close to zero about me ?

LAURIE:…Yeah, but we could get caught or something…we need to head back down..

SOFIA: Yes, but do you not enjoy the wind in your hair as much as I do ?

LAURIE: ….Obviously not !….in fact, I can see my house from here…over there.

PN 2 - Laurie points downwards. Sofia looks in the same direction that she is pointing in.

SOFIA: That is your house ? How much money does your father earn ?

LAURIE:…I don’t live with my father…I live with my mom…and she’s busy like all the time…and she should be expecting me, like now ?

SOFIA: Oh ? My apologies…

PN 3 - They begin to fly down at a moderate rate. Laurie covers her face.

SOFIA: Surprisingly my house is not that distant from your own.

PN 4 - Zoomed in shot of a large elegant looking manor.

LAURIE:…W-Wow, I guess your mom and dad are workaholics too..

PN 5 - Sofia’s facial expression goes blunt.

SOFIA: My mother died last week.

PN 6 - Laurie covers her mouth in shock. The wind is blowing her hair.

LAURIE:…Oh my Go- I am so sorry…

SOFIA: It is ok, it’s just, the way she left…I do not like talking about it.

Laurie:… Honest to God I’m really sorry…..I don’t-

Sofia: As I said, it is ok. We are getting close to your home..

Laurie:…We are….thanks so much Sofia…for everything…

Sofia: Do not worry, mutants stick together right ?

Laurie:…I guess they do..

PN 7 - They both land on Laurie’s luscious back garden decorated with an array of flowers, The faint updraft of the wind slightly raises their outfits and hair up.

PG2/ PN 1 - The wind dies down.

Sofia: I think I should start heading home too.

Laurie:…Yeah…Uh, see you in school tomorrow ?..

PN 2 - Side view. Sofia gives Laurie a pleasant smile.

Sofia: Of-Course…I would prefer not to exit the same way we came in….is there-

Laurie: There’s an exit for the garden over there…for some odd reason…you can use it and it’ll take you right into the main road..

PN 3 - Sofia begins to make her way to the back of the garden as Laurie watches her.

Sofia: Thank you for giving me an opportunity to trial run my gifts Laura.

PN 4 - Angled shot from behind Laurie. They both begin to wave at each other.

Laurie:…It’s Laurie ! And…take care…

Sofia: Good byeee-

PN 5 - Side view. Sofia turns around to open the door.

PN 6 - She open’s it.

PN 7 - Side view. David bent down to Sofia’s level was eavesdropping. They both look at each other in confusion and shock.

DAVID: Umm, hi ?

PG 3/ PN 1 - Phoebe and Ben are at the Barret supermarket. An ambulance is parked in front of the gates with a couple male and female medics attending to people in and around the supermarket.

CPT: The afternoon. Discussions.

BEN: This still doesn’t make any sense, why didn’t we take her with us ?

PHOEBE: Because she has someone with her -another mutant-, and I just discovered something quite convenient.

BEN: Ok… so because she has another mutant with her, same age and goes to the same school as she does apparently, knowing what we just saw she’s allowed to go off on her own ?

PHOEBE: Your quite the curious one aren’t you Benjamin ?

BEN: Can you blame me ? A couple of days ago I underwent some sort of wacky transformation which turned me into a real human torch to give me abilities beyond my wildest dreams, my mom and sister have completely abandoned me and now I live with two mutant girls in a manor double the size of my old house, one who home schools me then disappears with her FBI BF and the other who acts like she was born and bred in Queen Elizabeth’s palace, plus we’re supposed to make some sort of team right ? To protect the world or something ? And to accomplish that we’ll occasionally travel in a jet from outer space to different parts of the world searching for them when they need us or when we want to find them, so yeah, I’ll be as curious as I want.

PN 2 - Phoebe raises her right eyebrow still looking in the supermarkets direction while smiling slightly, he crosses his arms in annoyance.

PHOEBE: Are you done ?

BEN: ..Yeah !

PHOEBE: Good, I did tell you everything happens for a reason, didn’t I Ben ?

BEN: .. Well, yeah.

PHOEBE: Well, one thing you should know is that you’re not always going to have the privilege to know those reasons just like that, in fact it would be best that those reasons were kept from you for as long as it need be, unless you’d want to bleed out your brains from your nostrils ?

BEN: And this is supposed to build up my trust in you how ?

PHOEBE: Read between the lines.

BEN: ..Right, and that thing that was so convenient ?

PHOEBE: David Alleyne is here.

PN 3 - Close up on Ben’s shocked face.

BEN: What ?!

PN 4 - Close up on Phoebe’s blunt expression as she still watches the scene.

PHOEBE: Don’t be so surprised after listening to what I just said, I’ve located him and he’s quite close by, and no we will not be going after him as he will not be using his powers for the greater foolish, it’s a passive ability, It should do no-one too much harm.

BEN: So, we wait ?

PHOEBE: Yes, this was one of the reasons that I did not want us to take in Laurie and Sofia, you and Dust didn’t have fellow mutant’s with you when your abilities got out of control or…..what ever, they do, let’s see how far it get’s them through this tough journey.

BEN: Got it, I guess we should head home.

PHOEBE: That would be nice.

PN 5 - They turn around and begin to walk down a long lane.

PG 4/ PN 1 - Angled topographic view of a large 12 story glass fronted building. The sun’s light reflects intensely from the left hand side of the building.

CPT: Ultimatum Investigations.

PN 2 - At the bottom of the building, plenty of men and women in suits are surrounding it, some communing, some getting into their cars, some on the phone and some entering and leaving the building.

PN 3 - Inside the building, a well lit corridor with men and women smartly dressed walking through, they’re all busy.

PN 4 - Inside a small sized modern looking office, Dani stands leaning next to a young Caucasian man in his early 20’s with black hair and a recently shaved beard, he’s wearing a black suite , with a black tie, with a white a shirt and a black pair of trousers, she’s wearing a purple pocket blouse and white quarter lengths. Her hair is tied back into a pony tail.

MAN: This is not exactly looking good, for your people that is.

DANI: It never has, never will, tell me something I don’t know Jason.

JASON: Ok, well, obviously the surveillance cameras got a good shot of the two girls you were yapping on about, very good shots that is-

DANI: Which means your people might be on their cases ?

JASON: It depends, I mean this happened so recently it’s not exactly gotten out as big news to everyone…..yet, you do know who’s daughter that is right ?

PN 5 - Close up showing a 21 inch TV screen focusing on a slightly fuzzy freeze-frame of Sofia holding Laurie’s hands. A big crowd of people are in the background headed in their direction.

JASON: Sofia Mantega, apparent daughter of Victor Barret, you know the guy that owns just about a gazzilion supermarkets across the state and the next one. He’s a multi-billionaire and it was only up until recently that the whole world knew that he even had a daughter, let alone a mutant daughter.

DANI: Well, I can sure imagine the amount of trouble she’d be in and Victor himself, what’ll your guys do about this ?

JASON: Nothing if you don’t want us to, and I‘ll make sure this doesn‘t get into the wrong hands, my guys already “erased“ the images from the camera at the Barret super-market, I’ll send the word out that a friend’s on it.

DANI: That’s it ?

JASON: You know me, need I say more ?

PN 6 - He looks up to wink at DanI.

DANI: Apparently not.

PN 7 - Dani begins to make her way to the office door, Sooraya without a niqab veil or an abaya revealing a caramel coloured skin-tone and wearing a floral patterned knee-length summer dress is sitting 3 chairs away from the door reading a book.

JASON: Hey ! No kiss goodbye ?

DANI: If I manage to get these kids together in the nick of time, you can get a kiss on the cheek the next time I see you ? How’s about that ?

JASON: What-ever.

DANI: *giggle* Let’s go Sooraya.

SOORAYA: Are we going home ?

DANI: Yes, for now anyways.

PG 6/ PN 1 - Laurie Sofia and David whom is wearing a blue hoodie, a white t-shirt, white washed jeans and black converses, are sitting in Laurie’s back garden conversating, Sofia appears to be extremely intrigued.

CPT: A little later on. Getting to know each other.

SOFIA: Well Laurie, is this not great ? Another mutant like us !

LAURIE: I guess….this is all kinda new for me…so you’ve enrolled in our school ?

DAVID: Yeah, my mom thought I needed to move to a higher tier school so, I went along for the ride and this is where it’s taken me…in my dads car that is.

SOFIA: Did you use your powers to-

LAURIE: Uh, Sofia ?

SOFIA: What ? I mean I would not blame you.

DAVID: I’m not gonna lie, I did use them, only to a certain degree though, I didn’t absorb all the knowledge of all of my professors and teachers, but just enough to move me up a notch, doing anything more would make me all power hungry, and I don’t want that….not ever.

PN 2 - They all have concerned faces.

*BEEP BEEP*

PN 3 - Laurie quickly notices her phone ringing.

LAURIE: Hmm ? ..Unknown number…that’s odd..

PN 4 - She picks it up with David and Sofia looking at her.

LAURIE: Hello ?..mom is that you ?

Voice On The Phone: Hand the phone over to Sofia.

LAURIE: ..Wh..what ? Who is this ?!

VOTP: If the three of you abominations want your parents to live you will do as I say, NOW !

LAURIE: *gasp !* Sofia..

PN 5 - Laurie hands the phone over to Sofia, almost trembling, David begins to get out of his seat.

DAVID: *whispers* put it on speaker phone !

SFX: *CLICK*

PN 6 - Sofia put’s the phone in the middle of the wooden table that they are all sitting on.

VOTP: I’m sure you can here me a little clearer now, no ? any who, Sofia Mantega.

SOFIA: Y-yes ?

VOTP: You do have an image of just how rich your foolish father is, don’t you ? This may be a little hard for you to get right now, seeing as how you were but a bug in the windshield of his life up until now, but me and your father are extremely good friends, and he has some unfinished-

Over The Phone: GAAAAAHHH !

VOTP: Business.

SOFIA: Oh my God ! Father ?! Father is that you !? What are you doing to him !?

VOTP: Nothing you need to know for now, when you reach your house you will find some number’s on a small sheet of paper….you will also find something…else, but hopefully that shouldn’t distract you from the main objective, I want you come to the address you find on the back of that sheet of paper by tomorrow, if not-

DAIVD: Wait ! I don’t get it ! What the hell do our parents have to do with all this !? My mom and dad don’t associate themselves with psychopaths !

VOTP: Call it my way of making sure you curses get the job done, you also should keep in mind that if you don’t get this done, the whole community you live in will find out about your status.

PN 7 - They look at each other in shock.

VOTP: Not that you two naïve girls didn’t get yourselves into your own mess, but that particular story hasn’t come out yet, thanking me.

LAURIE: Oh no…

VOTP: Well, you now have the information that you need, if I don’t get what I want by tomorrow, It’s game over.

SFX: *FRSSSSHHH*

DAVID: But…this doesn’t make any sense ! We don’t even know this guy let alone ourselves and now we’re supposed to save our parent ?!

SOFIA: (I hate my father) I did not think being a mutant in America would be this difficult….

LAURIE: Okay guys.

PN 8 - David and Sofia look at Laurie with surprised looks on their faces as she looks at the phone.

LAURIE: I know we don’t exactly know each other…….and I know this is a big first for each of us…but our parents need us…and if we don’t work together on this…if we’re not in this together…as an actual team.. then they’re going to die…is that what you want ?

SOFIA AND DAVID: No.

LAURIE: So… are you guys in ?

PN 9 - They look at each other in determination.

SOFIA: Laurie…I do not know where this sudden burst of confidence came from…but I am in, to save our parent’s I am in.

DAVID: You guys are the first mutant’s I’ve met since becoming one ! And you could use some brains in this remake of mission impossible, I’m in.

LAURIE: Good, so..-

PG 7/PN 1 - A large brown and white house with 12 windows on it’s front has light shining out from all of the windows. It’s dark outside.

CPT: The Barret residence. The evening. Tragedy.

SOFIA: This…*sniff* this cannot be…what did Derek do to this person ?! Why him ?! *sniff*

PN 2 - Sofia stands crying in David’s arms as he cuddles her in a well lit cream coloured corridor with a chandelier on the ceiling. Laurie is crouching down next to them staring at a dead lifeless Derek with the gun shot wound on his forehead. There is a green post-it note on his chest.

LAURIE: This is…this is terrible…what sort of guy are we up against ?

DAVID: I don’t know, I don’t even know how this day went from me meeting you guys to walking into a crime-scene, I’m sorry Sofia.

LAURIE: Me too…

SOFIA: Thank you both, but it is getting dark outside and our time is of the essence *sniff* are those the numbers ?

PN 3 - Sofia crouches down and takes the note from Derek’s chest to take a closer look at it.

SOFIA: 2098, a bank account number ?

DAVID: Oh, so your dad must be oh so insanely rich that this psycho wanted in on his savings, I don’t get it…why have us bring it to him instead of taking our parent hostage - so he says - and black mailing us at the same time, and he was supposedly a good friend of your fathers ?

LAURIE: It doesn’t fit well with me either…are we walking into one of those traps ? I mean..this is-

SOFIA: What are the both of you talking about !? Our parents lives are at stake here and you are both having doubts already ?! Please, not at this time.

DAVID: Sorry, I got carried away there, but this still doesn’t make any sense.

LAURIE: The man said that we should look at the address behind the paper, Sofia turn it around…what does it say ?

PN 4 - She turns it around, David leans in while squinting his eyes a bit.

SOFIA: 85 A Enchanted.

DAVID: Any of you guys heard of that ? Doesn’t exactly ring a bell to me.

SOFIA: Me neither.

LAURIE: I know it.

PN 5 - Sofia and David both look at Laurie’s serious face.

LAURIE: 10 years ago, a new-born baby boy was found at the door-step of an antique shop, an old lady owned it, she brought the matter over to the authorities, they asked doctors from most of our local hospitals to see if they knew something about it, they didn‘t ..nor did anyone who lived around here at the time, the authorities offered that she look after the baby herself so…she took the baby in and apparently looked after it as her own, what the authorities didn’t know was that the lady had cancer, can’t remember what the name of it was but she had it and it wasn’t before some years passed that she died, the boy -who was now a little older - never told anyone about her death, he just left her to rot in the house….God knows what he was doing in all that time…then it just became obvious, you could smell the decaying - the rotting of her flesh - and when the authorities came back, all they found was a lifeless body, they looked all over her apartment and the shop itself and found nothing, not even the boy himself, they removed all the items from the stock and all it’s money then they closed it down.

SOFIA: That is horrifying, how do you know this ?

LAURIE: Well… it was on the internet, and my mom used to have a friend who lived near by there.

DAVID: I wonder what happened to the boy…weren’t there any sightings of him ever since the shop was closed down ?

LAURIE: Nope, though some people have claimed that they saw him…but a lot of mad people live around there…

DAVID: Okay, but this doesn’t link to what our parents and that mad-man would be doing there, couldn’t he find somewhere else to hold them hostage ?!

SOFIA: Yes, I too do not understand as to why he would use that place, he must have known surely…or maybe he wanted to satisfy his wicked desires ?

SFX: KA-BOOM.

PN 6 - Laurie looks out the corridors main arch window, it begins to rain.

DAVID: Or…it could just be a coincidence. Okay, so all we need to do is find this place and give him the numbers right ?

SOFIA: Right, yes.

DAVID: But that’s just too easy, why go through all that trouble just to get some bank account digits ?

SOFIA: From the small amount that I have picked up from the constant phone-calls, my father can be stubborn at times, maybe-

LAURIE: …Remember he knows that we’re mutants, maybe our abilities have something to do with what he really wants..

DAVID: Which means that we might be walking into a trap !

LAURIE: That doesn’t matter, our parents lives are on the line here…trap or not…we have to do what we have to do, right Sofia ?

SOFIA: Of course !..but first *sniff* Derek’s body…

DAVID: Not be that guy… but we can deal with this when we get back from this insane ordeal, in fact - no offence Sofia - your father should take care of this, for now we should cover him up in blankets and then put some ice bags on him.

LAURIE:…How are we going to get there ? I don’t know how to drive..

SOFIA: *sniff* Me neither, David-

DAVID: Yeah I do, picked it up from my mom and dad…who’s car are we using anyways ?

PN 7 - Sofia covers her face and begins to cry while facing the ground. Laurie hints to him which causes David to look at Derek.

PN 8 - David crouches down to Derek to find two keys inside his right pocket.

PG 8/ PN 1 - Near the front lawn of Sofia’s now dark house, David get’s into the drivers seat of a navy blue Puegot 307, Laurie get’s into the passengers seat while Sofia goes into the back seats.

CPT: Shortly after. 10:34 PM.

PN 2 - Inside the car, David begins to start the engine while Sofia looks out the rain drenched window and Laurie begins to fiddle with her phone.

SFX: *VROOM !*

DAVID: What are you doing ?

LAURIE: My phone…it says I have a new message…but each time I try to get to the message it locks off…

DAVID: Give it to me-

Automated Voice: You have one message sent today at ten thirty-two. First Message.

Woman’s Muffled Voice: L-Laurie ! Please ! You have to help us ! Hurry i don-

PN 3 - Sofia immediately leans over to Laurie’s seat while they all listen in with shocked faces.

Man’s Muffled Voice: David my boy ! Save yourself !, do not come for u-

AV: End of message. To repeat press 1, To delete press-

LAURIE: Omigosh…my mom…she really is there…captured… and your dad ?…

DAVID: Oh he’s there alright…don’t even think I can imagine what they might be going through…we cant dwell on that right now...we need to go.

SOFIA: I wonder what happened to my father ? Do you think he-

LAURIE: ..Let’s not think like that right now…we just have to hurry up.

SOFIA: (not that I would care)

DAVID: Everyone ready ?

SOFIA: Yes.

LAURIE:: More than I’ll ever be…

SFX: *VROO-VROOOOOOOOMMMMmmmm*

SOFIA: (God help us all)

PN 4 - The car drives out of her lawn into the main road.

CPT: DanI’s House. 22:45

PN 5 - Phoebe and Sooraya with her tied back, both in their white night gowns sit on a single bed conversating.

PHOEBE: So, how are you finding America ?

SOORAYA: It is…different, an adjustment really, but so far…so good..

PHOEBE: It’s understandable if you’re not so comfy right away but change is good, especially this type.

SOORAYA: Thank you for your concern. Do they have any mosque’s around the area ?

PHOEBE: Mosques ? To be honest, I’m not exactly aware of any so to speak, sorry.

SOORAYA: It is okay, Dani explained to me what I might be in store for, just know that I will not be available on Friday’s.

PHOEBE: That’s more than understandable, though it would have been better if you told her instead of me, you know ?

SOORAYA: Sorry, I understand, I will tell her later. So, I am the second “New Mutant” ?

PHOEBE: Yes, a title you should be proud of (though it didn’t exactly have to be you) and Ben was the first, he’s sleeping by the way.

PN 6 - Sooraya begins to blush.

PHOEBE: If you don’t mind me asking, please pardon the rudeness but, what happened to the Niqab Veil and Abaya ? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.

SOORAYA: It is fine, when I first woke up in this room, with Ben watching me…I thought that I was about to live a new life, my town was burnt to the ashes and my family slaughtered leaving me the last one standing, you people found me and…I wanted to put my past behind me, as selfish as that sounds I just can’t think for a second that everything that was dearest to me was taken away from me over a petty war…how old am I that I have to go through all this ?

PHOEBE: 15 ? Sorry, it’s your choice, just don’t loose who you really are in the process is all. You know, you remind me of m-

PN 7 - Phoebe put’s her left hand on the side of her head and closes her eyes. Sooraya moves closer and reaches out with her right arm.

SOORAYA: Phoebe !? What is it !? What is wrong !?

PG 9/ PN 1 - Sofia, David and Laurie stand in front a dark, shut-down deserted small building. David is in the middle. It’s just showering.

DAVID: 85 A Enchanted. Yup, this is it ladies.

PN 2 - Close up on Laurie’s concerned face as she uses her left hand to brush her hair away from the side of her face.

LAURIE: Not sure what we’re meant to be expecting…how do we get in ?

SOFIA: Should we knock first ? The building is not too big, our parents and that man should be close enough for them to hear our knocking.

DAVID: I don’t think it’s going to be that easy Sofia, who knows if we’re even coming to the right pl-

*BEEP BEEP - BEEP BEEP*

PN 3 - Laurie looks at her phone screen, Sofia looks at her while David walks closer to the building’s main door.

LAURIE: I-I think it’s that guy again.

VOTP: Hello children.

SFX: *white noise*

VOTP: Mr Alleyne, you’ve created quite the detective here haven’t you ? Anyways, just step inside my humble abode and your parents shall be with you shortly…

SFX:*white noise*

LAURIE: I think we should go inside now..

SOFIA: Should I knock it down with my-

DAVID: No need Sofia.

PN 4 - David stands through the doorway of the building, there’s a small TV emitting enough partial light for them to see.

PN 4 - Laurie and Sofia follow his lead as they look around what seems to be an tattered living room, which features a large portrait of a Caucasian woman in her 30’s with black hair and rouge red lip’s, a large black torn leather chair in front of the TV, 3 plates on the floor next to the chair and a dead black cat near the TV.

SOFIA: My God ! It reeks of something…vile in this place !

PN 5 - Laurie and Sofia cover their mouths and nose while David squints his face while scouting the room.

LAURIE: I think I know why…is there an upstairs ?

DAVID: Well, there has to be, I mean our parents aren’t on this floor, and it’s a good thing their not…

SFX * CREAK*

SOFIA: What was that noise !?

LAURIE: Huh ? I didn’t hear anything…David you see anything ?

DAVID: Uh guys ? Why on earth do I know how human fl-

SFX: *SNAP* *CREAK*

SOFIA: It is coming from over there ! David ?!

PN 6 - Laurie and Sofia who is pointing towards the left of her, both try to hide behind David as he tries to shield them with his arms spread out.

DAVID: I think…I think I see something…my God…

PN 7 - A small dark figure that strongly resembles a dog lurks out of the shadows.

SOFIA: What is that thing...oh my Goodness-

PN 8 - The dark figure which is actually a miniature dirty beast ferociously jumps out with it’s mouth open gnarling at the three of them.

BEAST: GRRRRRRR !

PG 11/ PN 1- The beast goes for David. Laurie and Sofia stagger back.

SOFIA: David ! Laurie !..do something !

PN 2 - David struggles with the beast on top of his face.

LAURIE: What do you expect me to do !? My powers won’t do anything ! Cant you blow it off of him or something ?

SOFIA: That beast is fierce ! I do not think a gust of wind will move it an inch !

LAURIE: Well we can’t just stand here and watch Sofia ! David needs our help !..

PN 3 - Laurie eyes close as she begins to drift off into a trance as a yellow coloured essence emits from her body in the beast’s direction, Sofia looks at her in shock.

DAVID: Nnngh !

PN 4 - The beast begins to slow down.

SOFIA: Laurie ! It is working ! Maybe-

PN 5 - From the entrance of the building a gust of wind sweep the beast from off of David, his hoodie, face and shirt are scratched up.

SFX: *THUD*

PN 6 - Sofia quickly crouches down to David.

SOFIA: David ! Are you okay ?! I am so sorry I-

DAVID: It’s okay, I’m fine but we can’t let this hold us down, I bet that mad-man knew about that runt being here and set it on us.

PN 7 - Laurie’s eyes open and she looks at the entrance in confusion.

SOFIA: Yes, but you are not coming with us, you are badly damaged and we cannot risk another incident happening with-

PHOEBE: *ahem !* Well, I’m impressed.

PN 8 - Sofia and David both look at the entrance in shock.

PG 12/ PN 1 - Phoebe and Sooraya stand in the doorway, it’s still showering outside.

PN 2 - Sofia get’s up and walks towards them.

SOFIA: And who are you two ?

PHOEBE: *silently* dear Lord how I hate having to give explanations.

SOFIA: Excuse me, our parents are in need of our help so it would be better if you made your explanation short.

PHOEBE: First of all, how on earth did you hear what I just--never mind and second ?…your parent’s are not in need of any help what-so-ever, they’re perfectly fine….once you take of all the ropes holding their hands and legs together that is.

DAVID: Wha….?

LAURIE: What !?… I don’t get it…someone’s up there with them… a mad man… and he ordered for us to bring him in some numbers..supposedly for a bank account…

PHOEBE: Oh ? And do you have any telepathic abilities in your power-set ?

LAURIE:…No…

PHOEBE: I didn’t think so, take a closer look.

PN 3 - Sooraya, Phoebe, David, Sofia and Laurie are now in a different room with their parents tied up and sleeping. There’s a dim light bulb at the top of the room and the floor is scattered with news-papers and small boxes.

LAURIE: …What in the…Mom ?!

PHOEBE: Don’t move, I’m a telepath so all the things you see and smell here and now are all in your head, though this is what you’d see if we just went up a flight of stairs. No mad-man here.

SOORAYA: Allah...

PHOEBE: Don’t fret, they’re all alive and well, just…sleeping.

SOFIA: I wonder why the man disappeared without a word and so quickly, and what did he do to our parents to make them sleep ?

PHOEBE: Let’s see shall we ?

PN 4 - Outside, a bruised Gail is hugging Laurie tightly, Phoebe, Sofia and Sooraya are conversating with Victor glaring evilly at Sofia and David’s dad is patting David on the head.

PHOEBE: It’s for the best, you’ll be able to learn how to use your powers in a controlled environment with our without our help, it’s your choice given the current situation with…”mutants” and from what you recently told me, you and your friends don’t exactly have anything holding you back.

SOFIA:…You are right…I do not have anything holding me back and my father…would be a lot more better off without me pestering him, I can still go to my school , yes ?

PHOEBE: If you’d like to, Dani also home-schools as she’s doing with another one of your team-mates.

SOFIA: Ah, well I do not think there would be a need for that, Laurie and David go to my school as well so it would be better for us all, what about you ?

PN 5 - Sofia looks at a surprised Sooraya.

SOORAYA: Me ? I…need to think about it, I went to school in Afghanistan so…

SOFIA: Sorry, I was only asking.

PHOEBE: It’s a learning process for everybody, evidently the three of you don’t need that much practice on the use of your powers, going to the same school should improve your teamwork ethic. When we found Sooraya it was on desperate terms, we didn’t have the luxury of looking for a passport or a birth certificate.

SOFIA: Oh…I am sorry.

PN 6 - Sooraya gives them both a re-assuring smile.

SOORAYA: It is fine.

PN 7 - “Camera” focus on David and his father.

DAVID: Pretty sure you saw this coming dad, right ?

DAVIDS DAD: David M’boy…I can’t lie to yuh’ I saw this comin’ from a mile away, I jus’ dint’ think it would be so soon.

DAVID: Yeah, me neither, but I don’t think I’d get the proper training and knowledge needed for me by staying in Illinois, this is better, for me you and mom and Kimberly.

DAVIDS DAD: You know, if there’s never been a day that I’ve been more proud at be a daddy…it had to be today.

DAVID:*chuckles*

PN 8 - “Camera” focus on Laurie and Gail.

GAIL:: I-Laurie I don’t know what to say…

LAURIE:…You don’t exactly have to say anything mom, Phoebe mentioned that the school was in the area, so you could pop if you had enough time for my needs and to see how I’m doing, just know that I’m not coming home.

GAIL: Laurie but-

LAURIE: No mom, I need to get these abilities of mine under control…staying under your wing every day…under your cont-…I’m sorry mom.

GAIL: I understand Laurie, my little girl, it’s okay.

PG 13/ PN 1 - Everyone begins to leave the building except for Victor who stands scowling at Sofia.

PN 2 - Sofia turns around to get him.

SOFIA: Father are you comin-

VICTOR: You witch, you insolent little brat ! I told you not to use those pesky powers of yours and what do you go ahead and do ? Use them ! You are most certainly not my daughter so you can stop referring to me as “father” , I care not if you had a hand to play in my retrieval so don’t expect my sympathy, nor do I care for that slaves death, he was getting old anyways, just listen good and listen well, as from today I want nothing to do with you, for the short time that you were in my life you’ve caused nothing but trouble and distraction ! Things that I actually cannot “afford”. I know you’ve made your decision but let this be a warning “Sofia” if you EVER in your life come to me for so much as a question, I’ll kill you with my bare hands, do you hear me ?!

PN 3 - Sofia stares at him with tears rolling down her cheeks in sadness. Sooraya, David and Laurie look back to notice the scene.

VICTOR: Ha ! …when angels cry…get out of my sight this instant !

PN 4 - David runs to Sofia and grabs her before she can react. She is still crying while Sooraya and Laurie look on in pity.

DAVID: He’s a jerk Sofia, but he’s gone now, out of your life for good…don’t listen about any of the stuff he said, and if he does try something..he’s got us to deal with. All of us.

PN 5 - Phoebe and Sooraya lead the 3 of them to a small empty parking area, with their parent behind them. Phoebe claps her hands.

PN 6 - The jet appears out of no where much to the others surprise.

DAVID: W-wow…is this for us ?

PHOEBE: Yes, ours all ours.

DAVID: Cool !

PHOEBE: Oh and by the way, inside you’ll find some outfits for you. We can’t go around fighting for the greater good without style can we ?

PN 7 - The jets door opens, some light’s begin to turn on.

GAIL: Good-bye Laurie…take care, I’ll come visit as often as I can okay ?

LAURIE: Yeah mom…bye I guess…

DAVIDS DAD: Good luck m’boy, if you need anything don’t hesitate to-

DAVID: I’ll be okay Dad, say hi to Kim and mom for me will ya ?

DAVIDS DAD: I will son, I will. *silently* good luck, you’ll sure as heck need it.*

GAIL: BYE LAURIE !

PN 8 - They all enter with Phoebe being the last one in and the jet’s door closes, their parents look on and Victor peeps out of the building staring at the jet with a cross look on his face.

PG 14/ PN 1 - Phoebe takes a seat on the Jet’s front seat while Sooraya directs Sofia, David and Laurie to the storage area of the deck.

DAVID: Is it me., or this jet waay bigger on the inside then it is on the outside ?

SOORAYA: I do remember DanI telling me that this jet had it’s mysteries, this must be one of them.

DAVID: Figures.

SOORAYA:.. Yes !

DAVID: What ?

SOORAYA: Phoebe also mentioned that we would all get…costumes to wear anytime we went to fulfil our heroic duties.

LAURIE: *silently* costumes.. ?

SOFIA: Wow !… I wonder how they will look !

SOORAYA: I caught a glimpse of them before we flew over here, they are quite dark in colour, maybe the rest of you might like them ?

SOFIA: Could we see them, now please ?

SOORAYA: Of course…

PN 2 - Sooraya brings out some folded black outfits out of the cabinet, near the cabinet are a pair of black thigh length leather boots, a pair of black short heeled boots and a pair of black Doc Martens.

SOFIA: Those cannot be for us…can they ?

PHOEBE: Oh they are ! And like Ben, you better get used to fighting in them.

DAVID: Hmm, they look pretty cool if you ask me, not a fan of the bright flashy colours mixed with spandexes, not a fan.

LAURIE: I really can’t believe this guys…we’re like…super-heroes..

SOFIA: Super-heroes ? I did not think… well…

DAVID: I only want to learn how to use my powers and stuff, saving the world - saving innocent lives - …….well I did want to become a doctor, so yeah.

PHOEBE: Did ?

DAVID: I mean won’t this cause me to-

PHOEBE: Becoming a mutant and learning how to better control your powers should not halt any of the dreams you had before you became one, or even during your early days as one at that. We set up a learning facility for young mutants as yourself to protect you from the ignorant buffoons you might face when we’re more public, take Ben for example, when his powers manifested he burn down his whole house-

LAURIE: *whispers* did you hear that Sofia ? He burn down his whole house..

SOFIA: *whispers* this is just like what happened In the supermarket Laurie…

LAURIE:*whispers* I know…..

PHOEBE: His mother and sister abandoned him, the only family we know of and he’s got no-one but…us I suppose, but say we weren’t around ? What would have happened to him then ? My point is just because you can absorb the knowledge of other people does not mean you should restrict yourself from what you want, which is being a doctor. We’re only human.

DAVID: *silently* W-wow….

DAVID: Thanks.

PHOEBE: Sooraya- everybody buckle up into your seats.

PN 3 - They all head for available seats. The front area of the jet begins to light up.

SOFIA: Where are we going ?

PHOEBE: Where do you think ? To your new home of course.

PN 4 - A large black secret agency jeep is parked behind a warehouse.

UNKNOWN VOICE: Hello ,sir !?

OLD MANS VOICE: Judging by the tone of your voice, Pierce, it did not go according to plan ?

UV: Sir, with all due respect if I did stay any longer my true identity might have been found out, the telepath, she was coming with them.

OMV: So ? Aren’t you resistant to mind probes you scared buffoon ?

UV: Sir, this would not be the first time that she had tried to probe my mind, I just couldn’t take the risk sir, I am sorry.

OMV: You incompetent fool ! You shouldn’t be saying sorry to anyone but yourself ! Report back to HQ immediately !

SFX: *white noise*

PG 15/ PN 1 - At the school, Dani is conversating with Laurie, Sofia and David.

DANI: - So uh, make yourselves at home and don’t be too scared to ask me any questions, okay ?

DAVID: Sure, thanks a lot for doing this, for all of us.

DANI: Call it fate, literally.

SOFIA: Dani ?

DANI: Yes Sofia ?

SOFIA: How did you manage to get enough money to accommodate us with all this ?

DANI: I suggest asking Phoebe for an answer to that question, it’s all on her, in fact, the discovery of the five of you is on her, and a little on me.

DAVID: Interesting…I’ll uh…I’ll look into that sometime…

DANI: Of course you will, right now I suggest you all get to bed, it’s been a long day and I’d be tired too considering what you’ve all been through. (I am definitely coming off cheesy, calm down DanI, calm down)

PN 5 - Sofia takes Laurie by her arm to explore the school. Laurie hesitantly follows.

PHOEBE: (you’re thinking out loud again, darling)

DANI: (Dammnit !)

PHOEBE: (While your at it, bring David to Ben’s room while the girls sleep in Sooraya’s room)

DANI: Make’s sense.

DAVID: Wha ? I never said anything…

DANI: Telepathy ?

DAVID: Oh, right sorry. So who’s room will I be sleeping in ?

DANI: Ben’s room, he was pretty psyched to her that another man would be in the house, you two should uh, be friends I guess ?

DAVID: Yeah, I guess.

PN 6 - Dani and David walk through the long modern corridor.

PN 7 - Topographic view showing two men sitting down staring at a computer screen in a library.

Man #1: So, what have we got…A guy who can absorb the knowledge and skills of anyone he’s around…

Man #2: Yeah.

MAN #1: And that equals to what, his brain ?

MAN #2: Uh, let’s be a easy, the new amateur recruits we just got in could use some face transplants, if you get what I mean, I’ll go for his whole head.

MAN #1: Okay, a girl who can control the emotions and feelings of others using pheromones, these pheromones can emit from her whole body though…

MAN #2: Then the whole body it is. We’ll have to look into that later on, well Sean will anyways.

MAN #1: Uh’huh, a girl who can turn into a living sand storm ? Whoa.

MAN #2: Whole body and we’ll look into this one too.

MAN #1: A guy who can literally turn himself into a human torch, whole body, and we’ll look into this.

MAN #1: Whoa ! A girl who can turn herself into living diamond, also a telepath…Brain ?

MAN #2: I say we look into that a little more, so far all we got is the skill boy.

MAN #1: Well, we can’t go after them now, those little bastards need some time to develop, to enter their new abilities until they’re good enough for us to put at good use, get me ?

MAN #2: Yeah…boy I cannot WAIT to get started on this !

MAN #1: Easy, don’t fall of your horse just yet…

MAN #2: I wont. But it’s shit like this that we’ve been training for, and it’s finally come…

MAN #1: It sure has rob, it sure has…

To Be Continued….

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THESE AREN'T MY PEOPLE.

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KisserNe

Right on! Man, oh man, oh man!

You made the emotions of these kids so realistic. I can feel them perfectly- hopefully Sofia's life picks up, though. The scene with her father made my blood boil, lol.

Note: I have never read New Mutants or basically anything Marvel in a very, very long time so this is an experience for me, but its very interesting and I can't wait to see what happens next and I hope they always triumph. Not to mention, I am very excited to see some more mutant action :DD

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@KisserNe said:

Right on! Man, oh man, oh man!

You made the emotions of these kids so realistic. I can feel them perfectly- hopefully Sofia's life picks up, though. The scene with her father made my blood boil, lol.

Note: I have never read New Mutants or basically anything Marvel in a very, very long time so this is an experience for me, but its very interesting and I can't wait to see what happens next and I hope they always triumph. Not to mention, I am very excited to see some more mutant action :DD

Glad you enjoyed this issue too ! when Fall Of Hammer comes I'll be introducing i think 2-3 new characters so stay tuned for them too ! and don't worry, come #4 or lateri think you'll be very relieved.

More mutant action soon to come !

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

As an X-Men fan, this chapter is great. :)

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@The Impersonator: Thanks ! be sure to check out #4 !

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#6  Edited By The Impersonator

@AgeofHurricane: You're welcome! I'll check it out. :)