Fic'r interview thread: Jonny_Anonymous

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CapFanboy

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you spiiiiiddddeeeerrrrbbbaaattttt--Dammit. I keep forgetting he changed his name. This is our interview encounter. No, not like that you dirty people. A completely wholesome, not weird in any way interview. Delivered by me. Is that so hard to believe?

Username: Jonny_Anonymous formerly Spiderbat87

Language: Scots (that's right, it's a language) *Cap note - Not a good one.*

Favorite character: John Constantine

Taste in comics: yeesh um I usually like the darker more serious stuff especially ones set in a more realistic universe but I also like coming of age books, crime noir, occult and epic cosmic books *Cap note - He also likes smut. But told me to not put that down...Oh cra--*

--THE ENCOUNTER

(Reg. = Me Bold = Jonny)

Dude, let me interview you

Argh interviews are scary

Doooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt

aright, are you going do all the questions at once or one at a time?

One at a time.

So, how did you get to the Fan-Fic section?

Well I'v always wrote my own stories ever since primary school, even tried to write a few novellas as well (I'll finish them one day) so when I got back in to comics and then found Comic Vine it presented the opportunity to do what I always do but with others actually reading it, hopefully lol

Would you say people not reading fics is your biggest fic'r peeve?

definitely, pepole seem to be reluctant to commit a few minuets of there lives to giving a fan fic a read and I'm not entirely sure why. It wont kill you and you never know, you may end up enjoying it and even if you don't you could always help the fan fic'r grow as a writer by giving them some constructive criticism and telling them what you didn't like. Don't worry we won't think it's rude, enfact we'll thank you for it.

Do you have a favourite fic?

As in one of mine or just one in general?

Either

Well I always had a soft spot for Irish Lad/Joygirl's Secret Six they did for DC Gen, it's very well written and has a lot of characters that I love aswell as the anti-hero mentality. However I am very lazy and easily distracted so a lot of my fan fic's remain unfinished but I think my best is ether DC Gen: Hellblazer or Marvel Gen: Namor

And very good picks they are. And now the final question, before the final question. What are your influences in Fan-Fic (do you favour one company more than another?)

I have a love hate relationship with both Marvel and DC, both do great stuff but then they usually go and crap all over it annoying me x10 in the process, If I was to pick a comic company that influenced me the most it would be Vertigo and Image. If you want to see a true writers worth then check out there independent work, it's all well and good writing other peoples characters in someone else's world but when it comes to creating an entire universe and every character in it all by your self, thats when you see who has the real talent.

Well said. And finally, why should people visit the Fan-Fic board?

The Comic Vines fan fic board has some amazing talent and a lot of it is unsung, a lot of these writers actually do better work than some of the "superstar" writers at the big comic publishers, honestly check it out you wont be disappointed.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Interesting interview. Kinda short, but stayed on point.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Project_Worm

REALLY short... but since the two of you are among my favorite viners... I'll say. Good job

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CapFanboy

@wildvine said:

Interesting interview. Kinda short, but stayed on point.

Who said size matters.

@Project_Worm said:

REALLY short... but since the two of you are among my favorite viners... I'll say. Good job

I thought if I dragged it out too long...it would suck.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Project_Worm

@CapFanboy said:

@Project_Worm said:

You thought wrong... this would suck had it not been you two... Bland interview is bland...

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CapFanboy

@Project_Worm said:

@CapFanboy said:

@Project_Worm said:

You thought wrong... this would suck had it not been you two... Bland interview is bland...

YOU HURT MY FEELINGS!

...Seriously though. Anyone else and I woulda made jokes, but spiderbat deserves it.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Project_Worm

@CapFanboy said:

@Project_Worm said:

@CapFanboy said:

@Project_Worm said:

YOU HURT MY FEELINGS!

...Seriously though. Anyone else and I woulda made jokes, but spiderbat deserves it.

I said it was a good job...

Of course he does. It only works because he's himself.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Nice, concise interview. There were a couple decent spots where follow-up questions would have been appropriate, but meh, I enjoyed it.