Beyond Good & Evil #1

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ekrolo

The year is 2181, it has been 31 one years since Humanity discovered the remains of the ancient space faring species the Protheans on Mars, through this discovery, humanity learned the secrets of mass effect physics and element zero, unlocking faster-than-light-travel. Humans also discovered the mass relay network that allow instantaneous passage across thousands of light-years. Humanity has over these 30 years discovered many species but also another galaxy near its own.

Now during these troubled times, Humanity tries to gain more favour with the Cidatel Council, a joint government between most of the alien species in the Milky Way Galaxy. But the threat from the synthetics such as the Geth and the present war in the Far Rim Galaxy and the destruction of the Xel Nāga species from still unknown causes has created a very tense situation.

An Alliance shuttle approaches the academy.

John (thoughts): I wonder if dads alright, no one not even mom told me about his mission in the Outer Rim territories of the Republic. Could this be connected with that rumored war going on between the clones and droids?

Anderson: Shepard? You alright son, you look worried.

John: Why am I here Anderson, I thought I wasnt supposed to join the academy until next year. Anderson: Look, you're showing signs of telepathic powers that...

John: That arent biotic I know, what are they going to kill me like they do the other kids.

Anderson looks at him surprised.

John: I know what they do Anderson, the Council and the Alliance don't understand the Force and they murder kids who have any sort of Force potential. If they think ill go down without a fight, they're wrong. Anderson: You know that's not how that's gonna happen, listen, you're mother asked me to take care of you here, I have people here who I trust like Kahlee Sanders, if there's anyone who can keep those bastards like Udina away from you than its us.

John: Sanders, the woman who was there when Saren framed you for failing an important mission that cost you you're Spectre rank.

Anderson: Youre to smart for youre own damn good, you always have been.

John: What can I say, when combat training gets boring I have to find some way to entertain myself. John and Anderson exist the shuttle and are greeted by Kahlee Sanders.

Kahlee: Anderson, you havent aged a day, hows life been treating you since youre promotion. Anderson: Not bad considering some of the political crap I have to take on a daily basse.

Kahlee: And you must be the son of Malcolm and Liandra Shepard.

Kahlee and John shake hands.

John looks over her shoulder to find a man approaching, he immediately recognizes him as Donnel Udina, a well known human diplomat and full time kiss ass of the Citadel Council.

Udina: Captain Anderson, First Lieutenant Sanders ah this must be the new cadet of your fine Academy, John Shepard was it.

Udina extends his hand for a handshake.

John (thoughts): So this is the infamous Udina, I heard a lot of things about him and none of them good, hes been constantly undermining good men like my father and Anderson, always running theyre reputation for personal goal or to gain favor with the Council.

John extends his hand and they handshake.

John: Yes that's me, pleasure to meet you mister Udina.

Udina: The pleasure is all mine good boy, I wish I could stay longer but my inspection of this academy is over, I should return to Earth and tell the Alliance Council that all is well here. Goodday Anderson, Kahlee.

Udina walks into the shuttle and it leaves the hangar.

John (thoughts): Whats wrong with Kahlee and Anderson, they were both so tense while Udina was there, Anderson looked like he was gonna have a heart attack when me and Udina shook hands.

Kahlee: Alright, David we have to get John out of here before some one gets the wrong idea.

Kahlee and Anderson take John through the station, they reach a room where 2 hooded figures wait for them. Anderson looks the room behind them and makes sure no ones is watching or listening in.

Kahlee: This is boy we were talking about.

Male hooded figure (whispers): I thought he'd be older.

Female hooded figure (whispers): So what? He's the same age as me.

Male hooded figure(whispers): Great, lets hope I can manage this one.

The hooded figures reveal themselves, John instantly recognizes one of them, Anakin Skywalker, the famous Jedi messiah, the Choosen One destined to bring balance to the Force, but he doesn't recognize his young Torgruta apprentice.

John: So it's actually come down to this, I have to defect to the Jedi so the Alliance doesn't execute me?

Anakin: Things are much worse than you think, it's not only the Allaince who's after you, there are some people who are much worse.

John: Such as?

A ship leaves Hyperspace and is slowly approaching the academy.

Droid Commander: Sir, we have identified the target, shall we proceed with the attack.

General Grievous: Good, order all droids to fire on the facility, and tell Ventress to spare the target, cough kill everyone else.

To be continued....

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

Cool.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points