waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

"What the heck are YOU looking at?!"

... Asked the talking skeleton in a police uniform.

"... Nothing." Geoff lied as he moved on.

He still couldn't get used to it. He had been in Twilight for about an hour. There was something weird about the artificial night. Not just that it was dark at 11 AM. It was like it.... it was like he could feel it on his skin somehow. And then there were the occasionally weird things and creatures, like the police officer and those odd shops he passed by. And he could swear that he saw the covers on the manholes being lifted, just a tiny bit. The streets were illuminated by several different kinds of neon light, not making it seem any more normal.

Worst of all; he was lost. What he could really use now was a-

HONK HONK

-cab.

"Hey! You!" The window on the taxi's door (next to the driver's seat) was scrolled down. Geoff saw the driver. He was a weird little man dressed in messy clothes. He had a long nose. "Yeah, you! You need ride?"

"Yeah... I do." Geoff opened the door to the back seat. "Can you drive me to Hellsing Hotel?"

"Sure." A gloved hand from the driver's seat reached after him. "Twenty bucks, please. We pay before we get here."

"Oh... Sure." Geoff handed the chauffeur a couple of bucks. "So... Nice town, eh?"

"Na." The driver replied. Geoff was pretty sure that he drove too fast, but he was in a hurry. "Not really. But it home. Saw you met Mack?"

"Um, who?"

"Magic bones police. Her name Mack."

"... Oh,,, OH, oh yeah. Not really met, just..."

"Yeah, she not liking when people stare at her cursed body."

"I... guess that's understandable. You have a lot of magic here?"

"Sure. Lot. Curses, ghosts, voodoo, demon-"

"Demons?!"

"Yeah. Big one. He’s called Yewolf the Many-Shaped. Hear about him?"

"No. What... what do you mean... with demon? A real one?"

"VERY real. But not so dangerous today. You see, thousands of years ago, Yewolf the Many-Shaped was one of the most infamous demon who lived. He committed many horrible deeds. He was eventually caught by six mighty sorcerers and sealed away. But after the Elf War, he had been freed in order to fight alongside the fair-folk. But in order to reach his fullest potential, Yewolf had to make a pact with a human. By fooling a sinful mortal to be his host-body, Yewolf would truly be one of the most fearsome demons who had ever existed. Eventually, he found one foolish enough to make the pact with him by promising him wealth. Once the foolish young man had realized his mistake, he tried to run away, escape the fate he had no one to blame for but himself. But escaping a demon whom you had a debt to was almost impossible. The human had been allowed to try and hide, but only because Yewolf found it hilarious. Eventually, Yewolf decided that enough was enough, and made the mortal understand that there were no way he could evade fulfilling his part of the deal. So the human decided to give up and let the dark creature have his way with him.

Or rather, that's what Yewolf thought.

You see, what Yewolf didn't know was that the human had a brother. A twin. The two young men looked practically the same and that fooled the much too eager demon. But unlike the sinner whom Yewolf wanted to possess, the twin was a good man. Practically a saint. That ruined everything for Yewolf. Yewolf would have had full control over a pitiful sinner, but a truly good person who on top of it all was ready to sacrifice himself for his pathetic twin? Not so much. Yewolf became a prisoner inside the good twin. Unfortunately, Yelow managed to get revenge before his imprisonment by cursing the good twin with immortality. So from that day on, the good twin would have to live an eternal life with the dark creature inside of him, as well as the temptation of using its powers whom he now had command over."

"... You actually want me to believe that?" Geoff asked.

"Don't matter you no believe. It happened. And he living in Twilight."

"If that's true, if such a demon lives in this town... why would ANYONE live here?!"

"Still beats Jersey."

The taxi drove over a puddle. Dirty water was splashed at an old man who began to curse at the car.

"Why... you bloody nincompoop!" The old man raised his cane in a threatening way and made a rather rude gesture with his free hand. "If I get my hands on you, I will shove this cane up in your p-"

"Take it easy, Benjamin." The young priest that accompanied him padded him on the shoulder. "Your pants can be washed. Remember your blood-pressure."

"Ah, that damn pressure again..." Benjamin mumbled. "To blazes with that damn blood-pressure! I may be old, but I'm not made out of bloody paper! I-"

"Benjamin, please."

"... Alright, alright, I'll be good. Now, let's get something to eat. I'm bloody starving."

"Only if it's my treat."

"It's never your bloody treat." Benjamin coughed. "I'm the oldest, so I pay for the bloody meal."

"Oh, please! You were born five minutes before me." Father Dreemurr reminded him with a chuckle.

"And don't you dare forget it!"

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sweet dude, nice and subtle...and just the right amount of creepy. Nice town you've painted here.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nice work as always.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#8 wildvine  Moderator

Not a lot of Father Dreemurr for a story named after him

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

Not a lot of Father Dreemurr for a story named after him

Yeah, I know...

This was originally gong to be in a Cat chapter, but I cut it out because a) Dreemurr didn't have that much relevance to the main plot, and b)... um... I don't remember b.

But I still wanted to post it, so I made a W2O one-shot instead.