Thor Short Story: Wake Up Call

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By xxxddd

Thor gets out of bed, with his hair in a mess and his eyes red from exhaustion. He opens the windows, only to squint as he looks upon the busy city of Philadelphia.

I wonder how many of these people believe in aliens. And how many of those people believe that there are good aliens out there.....like myself.

As Thor thinks about the nature of mankind, he superspeeds into the bathroom, grabs his hammer, and within moments, is standing in the mirror wearing his classic costume.

I need to wake up before I go to work, he thinks to himself while also wondering about the day ahead. I need to get a little action in the sun to wake up.

Seconds later, Thor flies from his house up through Earth's atmosphere and goes to the moon. He stares at the large, crater-filled rock of desolation and silence.

Space, he thinks to himself, it's truly breathtaking, even though there's no air. After mere seconds, Thor flies at a speed that is far greater than light-with a tired yet hopeful look on his face- to the Sun. The surface of the sun is 100,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Any human that gets within a few feet of something that hot will instantly get vaporized.

But luckily for me, Thor thinks to himself as he dives into the Sun, I'm not human.

He flies into the fire pit of hell the Sun is at all times of all days and all nights. If I am to get warm, I must feel a temperature that actually surpasses my invulnerability, and to do that, I need to go to where the heat is hottest, I need to go.....to the core.

Thor flies past the Photosphere, past the Convective Zone, past the Radiative Zone, and finally arrives in the hard working engine of energy and light that is the core of the Sun. He lets his body emerse in the radiation and 100 million degree heat. Ahhh, he thinks as his body finally becomes more aware, I feel more alive than when I fought the entire Frost Giant army for nine months straight. What I feel now must be what a human feels after they drink a warm cup of coffee.

Then, Thor hears the ringing of a bell in his hypersensitive ears.

"Uh no," Thor says nervously, "That was the late bell at work. I have only 10 seconds to get from the core of this star to my house to get dressed and into the office." He tenses his body, like a swimmer does before they begin a epic journey across an ocean. "Luckily," he says with utmost confidence in himself, "I'll do it in 2."

In the next two seconds, Thor flies all the way from the Sun to the Earth, changes into work clothes, brushes his teeth, straightens his hair, retrieves his suitcase, and arrives at the lobby in the office....mere moments before any of his coworkers do.

Phew, he thinks to himself as he has a sigh of relief. Now that the easy part of my day is over, I must prepare for the hard.

It's just something I had in my head that I wanted to share with you all. What do you think?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#2  Edited By RazzaTazz
@xxxddd: It is good.  Check your science though, someone that gets within a few feet of several thousand degree temperatures is instantly vaporized, someone near several million ...
xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xxxddd

@RazzaTazz: Changed it to instantly vaporized, thanks for the heads up,lol.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RazzaTazz
@xxxddd: Where do you live?  USA?
xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xxxddd

@RazzaTazz: USA.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RazzaTazz
@xxxddd: I can tell by your accent :P
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

@xxxddd: Thor flew from the core of the SUn to his house in two seocnds? Is he the Flash? I honestly never know how fast Thor is with that hammer of his, but two seconds seems well pretty darn quick. That's quicker than reading this sentence (I just timed it). Storywise it's okay, this bit is a tad strange to me "

@xxxddd said:

Ahhh, he thinks as his body finally becomes more aware finally, I am jolted.

Not your average Thor response there, but in saying that I have no constructive alternative for you.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#8  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@xxxddd: interesting...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Pyrogram

@batkevin74: Thor could and has done stuff like that. He is faster in travel speed then silver surfer in recent issues.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xxxddd

@batkevin74 said:

@xxxddd said:

Ahhh, he thinks as his body finally becomes more aware finally, I am jolted.

Not your average Thor response there, but in saying that I have no constructive alternative for you.

I changed it to this:

@xxxddd said:

I feel more alive than when I fought the entire Frost Giant army for nine months straight. That battle was such a rush of adrenaline.

Is it a more "Thory" response?

@RazzaTazz said:

@xxxddd: I can tell by your accent :P

What type of accent do Americans have?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@xxxddd said:

Is it a more "Thory" response?

Yeah it's more Thor-ish :)

@Pyrogram said:

@batkevin74: Thor could and has done stuff like that. He is faster in travel speed then silver surfer in recent issues.

Really? I know he's magical but two seconds to go about 150 MILLION kilometers!!!

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xxxddd

@batkevin74:

Have you read Scott Lobdell's run on Superman?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pyrogram

@batkevin74:

Bottum scan shows him faster for 1 example.

Thor's hammer outracing SS

This last one is Thor traveling 3 times faster than light.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batkevin74

@xxxddd: Is that the new 52 stuff? No, got the first issue and washed my hands of him

@Pyrogram: Madre dios! That's, well almost ludicrous! But he is magical, he is a god so he is in the upper echelon of over the top feats :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pyrogram

@batkevin74: I guess , It comes with the god territory :D The art in the bottom scan is so life like also, I love it, its not my fave style but the art is superb.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xxxddd

@batkevin74:

Here is some of the stuff Lobdell did with Kal, from Superman #13.

Superman bench pressing the weight of the Earth for five days nonstop, traveling from the Earth to the Sun and back within MOMENTS, and then showering, shaving, and getting to work in six seconds.

From Red Hood & the Outlaws #14.

Jason's ship was near Pluto when they teleported to Earth, and Superman was right outside the ship. He then flies back to Earth and arrives immediately after the Outlaws get there. Light takes around 4 hours to travel the distance between Earth and Pluto. Jason states that they were near Pluto just a minute before they teleported to Earth, meaning Superman flew the distance within that time. Thus, I conclude that DCnU Superman is faster than light. Superman also heard people talk in space.

My point is since Thor is marvel's Superman, I wanted to make Thor "Lobell" powerful.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RazzaTazz
@xxxddd: Depends on the region
xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers