Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er
No Caption Provided

Pretty Cool City

Flyboy and Robot Jackson flew through the sky, patrolling Pretty Cool City. Robot Jackson was listening to the P.C.C.P.D. scanner which was interrupted by The Likables team captain, Funky Fresh over the comms system.

"Robot Jackson? Fly Boy? Come in." asked Funky Fresh as George Clinton played in the background.

"Affirmative!" answered Robot Jackson.

"Yeah boss. What do you need?" asked Fly Boy.

"The X Ray and The Yeti are on Canal Street fighting the Boa Brothers, I've just been ambushed by two dozen Cheney Bots and Indra isn't picking up his comms." explained Funky Fresh. "Robot Jackson, I want you to back up The X Ray and The Yeti. Fly Boy, try to locate Indra."

"You need any help with the Cheney Bots?" asked Fly Boy.

Funky Fresh smiled "It's all good, Fly Boy." then cut off transmission.

"Hmph! Guess I'll fly over to Indra's Cave in the Sky. He probably shorted out his communicator again. Good luck with the Boa Bros." said Fly Boy waving at Robot Jackson.

"Stay safe best friend Fly Boy." said Robot Jackson waving back.

Canal Street

The X Ray and The Yeti run down the street looking around for the Boa Brothers. The X Ray scans the neighborhood.

"Hypno-Snake is hiding in that alley." The X Ray says, pointing to an abandoned alleyway. "Jack Asp is on the roofs. He's running towards the docks."

The Yeti growls "Jack Asp is mine. I owe him from our last encounter."

With incredible speed The Yeti climbs up the nearest building and continues chasing after his third greatest arch rival. (The Yeti has a penchant for collecting rivals.)

The X Ray sighs "Great. That just leaves me and Hypno-Snake."

As he walks into the alleyway The X Ray draws his trusty Ray Gun, pointing it at a large burned out dumpster.

"I can see you hiding in the dumpster Hypno-Snake. You better come out or I'll vaporize you and your dumpster ." commanded The X Ray.

Hypno-Snake was covered in brown rags and a trench coat. His reptilian face hidden under his hood.

"Exss Ray? You can sssee me?" asks Hypno-Snake "Good!" he replies as he flashes his hypnotic eyes from under his hood. The X Ray stood stunned as Hypno-Snake crawled out from the dumpster.

"Yesss. My very own Likeable to play with. I will make you do asss I command. You sshall betray the Likablesss. You will be their Judass..{ack!}"

Hypno-Snake was interrupted by Robot Jackson landing on top of him. The X Ray shook his head, coming to his senses.

"Thanks R.J. He had me for a second there." said The X Ray.

"You are welcome, my friend The X Ray. Viva la Likables!" Robot Jackson yelled raising his fist to the sky.

"Viva la Likeables" yelled The X Ray, pumping his fist in the air.

A bolt of lightning struck Robot Jackson's fist, frying every circuit in his body and throwing The X Ray to the ground.

Downtown Pretty Cool City

A dozen Cheney Bots parts lay scattered across the downtown park. Funky Fresh faces down another dozen Cheney Bots. 'Everyone was kung fu fighting, those kicks were fast as lightning' Carl Douglas played in the background as Funky Fresh used kung fu to dismantle the Cheney Bots.

Four Cheney Bots surrounded Funky Fresh. Three wore suits and ties, one wore hunters clothes and carried a shotgun. One Cheney Bot opened his mouth, his lower jaw dropping to his chest as a missile protruded from his mouth. Another did the same but with a flamethrower protruding out of his mouth. The fourth began spraying oil out of its fingertips. A fifth Cheney Bot flew over Funky Fresh with helicopter blades coming out of its back.

"We will be greeted as liberators." the Cheney Bots all spoke at once.

As the four Cheney Bots fired at once, Funky Fresh flipped up in the air, delivering a flaming kung fu kick to the helicopter Cheney Bot, making it explode. The missile Cheney Bot blew up the flamethrower Cheney Bot, which in turn lit the oil Cheney Bot on fire. Funky Fresh landed on the hunter Cheney Bot, destroying it and grabbing its shotgun. The missile Cheney Bot reloaded its next missile. Funky Fresh shot the missile with the shotgun, exploding the Cheney Bot.

"We wil {squak} be greeted as liberators." said the seven remaining Cheney Bots from behind Funky Fresh. He turned to see two helicopter Bots, two missile Bots, a flamethrower Bot, a shotgun hunter Bot and finally a Boss Cheney Bot, which stood twice as big as other Cheney Bots. Funky Fresh smiled as James Brown played in the background. This was fun.

Canal Street

The X Ray woke up and saw Robot Jackson standing with his fist raised in the air, the same position when he was struck by lightning. His body was smoldering. Under his left foot was the smoldering corpse of Hypno-Snake.

"I'm sorry my friend. Hopefully Funky Fresh or Fly Boy can fix you." said The X Ray to Robot Jackson as he examined his friends smoldering body. The X Ray saw it. An arrow sticking out of Robot Jackson's fist.

"Indra!" The X Ray gasped.

Donwtown Pretty Cool City

Funky Fresh stood on top of the defeated Boss Cheney Bot. Twenty three Cheney Bots lay demolished behind them.

"{sqruawk} we will.. be.. {squak} gree.. greeted.." mumbled the Boss Cheney Bot.

"As liberators? Yeah, I heard you. Viva la Likeables, baby!" replied Funky Fresh.

"Go F..{sqruak} Yourself!" swore the Boss Cheney Bot, then he blew up. The explosion leveled the building next to it and threw Funky Fresh two blocks.

Funky Fresh barely stood. Luckily his funk powers make him near invincible. James Brown was playing on his invisible, floating radio. One of Funky Fresh's best inventions. Funk music gave Funky Fresh extra power.

Funky Fresh heard the radio floating toward him playing James Browns 'Get On Up'. He could feel himself healing.

Then the song stopped. 'I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry' by Hank Williams began to play.

"What? Country music?" asked Funky Fresh as he felt his power slip away. Someone hacked his radio. He looked up and saw his teammate floating above him. "You? I thought.."

An arrow strikes his heart. Then a bolt of lightning.

The Cave in the Sky

The X Ray and The Yeti flew up in the Funk Copter, while Fly Boy led the way towards Indra's Cave in the Sky, which was at the top of Mount Indra. They had vowed to confront Indra about Robot Jackson and Funky Fresh. They were nervous about facing the god.

"Even a god can die!" growled The Yeti.

As they land the Funk Copter, The X Ray tried looking into the cave with his X Ray vision but all he saw were clouds and darkness. The remaining Likeables make their way to the cave entrance and said the password "Viva la Likables!" all at once. The cave door opened immediately.

As they walked through the darkness and clouds in the cave they hear a dark voice say "Let there be light!" The cave illuminated completely. It was a palace in the sky. Golden fountains, statues, beautiful gardens and art surrounded the palace. Indra sat upon his throne. A huge smile on his face.

"Indra. Where were you?" asked The X Ray. Indra just sat smiling.

"Traitor. Murderer. Answer us." yelled The Yeti.

"Hello Likeables." said a dark, evil, feminine voice. "Did you like my handiwork?"

The Yeti sprang. Running towards Indra.

"Wait!" yelled The X Ray. "There's something wrong." The X Ray saw a tentacle attached to Indras back. Then he saw behind the wall, the tentacle was attached to a monstrous creature. The X Ray shot the wall with his Ray Gun. The wall disappeared.

Standing behind Indra was a gigantic Fly woman with a huge larvae sack attached to her.

"What are you?" asked The X Ray.

"I am Maggi the Mother of Maggots. Goddess of Flies. I made my son betray your team." Maggi answered.

Fly Boy flew up to Maggi. "Mommy! I did as you asked mommy. I killed the three Likeables that posed the biggest threat to you, then I brought you the remaining two." said Fly Boy as he hugged his gigantic mother.

"How?" asked The X Ray. "How could.."

"I poisoned Indra." explained Fly Boy. "Even a god can die, right Yeti?" taunted Fly Boy.

The Yeti leaped at Fly Boy, who shrunk down to the size of a fly and buzzed away from The Yeti's flailing claws.

Fly Boy grew back to normal size and continued explaining. "After I took out Indra and gave mommy her new home, I took his Rain Bow. Then I reprogrammed two dozen Cheney Bots to attack Funky Fresh and hired the Boa Brothers to attack you and The Yeti. Then I used the Rain Bow to take down my 'best friend' Robot Jackson. After that I went after Funky Fresh. I hacked his radio. I knew he had a weakness to country music."

"I've had enough of this. Time to see what this Mother of Maggots is made of on the inside." growls The Yeti as he leaps towards Maggi. A blur intercepts The Yeti. He's knocked to the ground. Jack Asp stands above him laughing. Half man, half snake, half donkey, all jackass. Jack Asp smiles wide with fanged, poisoned teeth and long donkey ears. He carries two long, curved, poisoned blades.

The Yeti spits "Let's do this." and springs at Jack Asp. Their fight is bloody and epic.

Maggi smiles and lifts Indras body towards her larvae sack and begins absorbing Indras body.

"Your brothers and sisters will consume the dead flesh of a god, Fly Boy." yells Maggi.

"Then we conquer the world?" asks Fly Boy.

"How could you do this? We were your family. Robot Jackson was your brother. Indra and Funky Fresh were like fathers too you." yelled The X Ray.

"Fathers and brothers? They are nothing compared to the love of a mother." replied Maggi. "None of my children can resist me."

"Fly Boy. You have to fight her." urged The X Ray.

"I'm growing tired of this one." said Maggi. "Fly Boy, will you end this one?"

Fly Boy took out Indra's miniaturized Rain Bow and grew it back to normal size. As he did this The X Ray saw Indra's eyes open wide from inside Maggi's larvae sack. The X Ray knew what he needed to do. Fly Boy aimed the Rain Bow at The X Ray, who drew his Ray Gun. Fly Boy fired first. The X Ray disappeared. The arrow hit the ground, lightning followed. The X Ray reappeared in the same spot.

"I didn't know you could do that." said Fly Boy.

"I've never showed you." The X Ray said as he fired his Ray Gun at Fly Boy who dodged the beam.

"You missed." gloated Fly Boy.

The X Ray smiled as ceiling beams from the palace ceiling fell towards Fly Boy who flew further away to dodge the beams. Standing at the second floor balcony, looking down at The X Ray, Fly Boy gloated again. "Sorry X Ray. I'm way too fast for y..{ack!}"

Fly Boy was interrupted by The Yeti, whose claws were so deep in his back that they were protruding out his stomach.

"He led you to me." said The Yeti, as he used his Frost Grip to freeze Fly Boy in place. Then he tore the Rain Bow from Fly Boys hand. (shattering his hand)

"Take it to Indra." yelled The X Ray.

Maggi screamed as she began giving birth to small, purple and green skinned Fly Boy clones to combat the heroes. The Yeti ran and leaped towards Maggi with the Rain Bow in his hand.

The X Ray saw a blur running to intercept The Yeti. Jack Asp had his blades ready and an evil, laughing grin on his face. The X Ray shot his Ray Gun at the ground in front of Jack Asp. The ground disappeared in front of Jack Asp, who then fell from the Cave in the Sky.

The Yeti jumped on Maggi's larvae sack and tore into it. He tore his way to Indra.

Maggi the Mother of Maggots screamed "Get away from my maggots, you beast."

Lightning struck her. Dozens of lightning bolts struck her at once. The Yeti flew out of the larvae sack. His skin smoking, he looked back and smiled.

Indra spoke. "You thought you could kill a god so easy? You were wrong!"

A gigantic lightning bolt tore through Maggi's body. Indra walked out of her larvae sack in a haze of lightning. The clone Fly Boys all fell, dead.

Indra raised his Rain Bow high and spoke "Viva la Likables!"

The X Ray and The Yeti yelled "Viva la Likeables!"

Epilogue 1

Indra visited Funky Fresh's grave. He played James Brown 'Get on up, get on up, like a sex machine' then fired an arrow into the grave, which struck Funky Fresh's heart.

"Killed by my arrow," Indra spoke "revived by my arrow." Funky Fresh burst forth from his grave, alive and well.

Epilogue 2

Funky Fresh, Indra and The X Ray work tirelessly to repair Robot Jackson.

Epilogue 3

Fly Boy wakes up in a hospital bed, no longer frozen. He has scars all over his stomach and back. He's missing his right hand. He felt terrible as he looked at his Likeables team mates who all surrounded him. He had betrayed them.

"You were under the influence of Maggi. Her pheromones warped your brain." explained The X Ray.

Fly Boy cried "I'm sorry, I can't live with this."

Robot Jackson grabbed Fly Boy and hugged him. "It's okay best friend Fly Boy. Everything's better now."

Fly Boy cried "No! I can't live without my mommy."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Nice to see this pop up again

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From @cbishop's Character Creation Contest #41.

The six characters in the image belong to yebkamin.

This was a fun one for me. I was really able to get into writing each individual character, as well as coming up with some unique bad guys. In the case of the Cheney Bots, I had thought of them years ago but was never able to use them.

It was nice being able to throw out a few red herrings as to who the real traitor was.

Not sure if anyone picked up on the team name the Likeables/Likables and how I changed it every time I used it. That came from me googling which was the correct version of the word, only to realize they were both correct.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@stumpy49er: Hey, I remember this! I really liked this story. ...Must have- I voted for it. :^D

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is this going to be an ongoing thing?

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'd love to come back to these characters, the fact that the six super heroes (who I call the Likables/Likeables) are the original creation of someone else, who has yet to establish them on a medium beyond his own fan base on Deviant Art, makes me think it's best to let it be. Granted, this is Fan Fic but it still just wouldn't feel right unless I had the express permission of the creator, who I've never communicated with.

It was fun writing these characters though.

Some of the characters that I created for this (such as the Boa Brothers) I have used in some of my own writing projects.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#7  Edited By cbishop
@stumpy49er said:
@4donkeyjohnson said:

While I'd love to come back to these characters, the fact that the six super heroes (who I call the Likables/Likeables) are the original creation of someone else, who has yet to establish them on a medium beyond his own fan base on Deviant Art, makes me think it's best to let it be. Granted, this is Fan Fic but it still just wouldn't feel right unless I had the express permission of the creator, who I've never communicated with.

It was fun writing these characters though.

Some of the characters that I created for this (such as the Boa Brothers) I have used in some of my own writing projects.

When I went back and asked him if I could use the characters for the contest (and to repost my story separately) he gave permission, but specifically said he has plans for them, so to keep it in the realm of fan-fic. So keeping them as one-shot heroes would probably be best.

Although I *am* going to reuse Iron Dude (in armor different from the Robot Jackson body) and Braingame again at some point.

Also, a yeti and Indra are public domain, so they may make reappearances (without the pictures). :}