The League: A Fan Collaberated Superhero Story

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In hopes that this works out, my intent is for us fans to work together to create our own comic book story.

Create one or two superheroes (I'm going to be creating two a main one, and a support) and introduce them as part of the League, and then we can work on a story together.

Draken and Joshua are foster brothers who are quite literally from worlds apart.

Draken is the sole survivor from an alien race from the planet Drax. His parents, the emperor and empress of his planet, were the only people that believed the two scientists that foretold the death of their planet. Draken's alien powers and weaknesses (which is not a result of differing gravitational pulls or solar radiation) is very similar to early vampires such as Count Dracula or Lord Rathven (read Count Dracula's wikipedia page), however, since Draken is an extraterrestrial creature not a supernatural, he is not harmed by religious relics.

Joshua is from a angelic type world and had to be 'reincarnated' into a human body to live among mortals. Although, he retained his angelic spirit, his body is very much human. Although he has no real powers of his own, he has a lot of faith and is able to use his faith in miraculous ways.

They were both eventually adopted by the same human family. Draken first and then Joshua. Because, Joshua's father had betrayed the couple years earlier, they were still willing to take him in when the father found them years later and requested they raise his sons. But they do not trust Joshua at first because of his father and do not tell him that Draken is an alien. Although, the nature of Joshua's origins allows him to know anyways, and he does not tell his foster parents that he knows.

Draken is very much like Clark Kent in that he wishes to live a normal life while he secretly uses his powers to rescue people. Joshua is able to use the faith based powers to aid Draken in allowing him to have his normal life, he is able to rescue people when Draken is out with his friends and to prevent others from finding out Draken's secret unless they are meant to. And the nature of Joshua's abilities prevent people from finding out about him, if he does rescue them, they don't remember him, although they do still remember being rescued, he doesn't make them forget, they just don't remember.

Their mother is the first to learn of Joshua's secrets when she observes him rescuing someone and is able to remember the deed. And then Draken and their father find out about Joshua when Draken is weakened and almost dies but Joshua is able to heal him.

---

I created Draken as a composite character of Batman and Superman, he is an alien like Superman, but I gave him vampiric powers to go along with the bat theme.

I created Joshua as a way to help explain how God could be born in human form (Jesus) and still be the same person.

The idea of making them brothers came from watching Smallville and wondering how Clark's life could have been different if he had a brother.

Their high school years is supposed to be similar to Clark's as retold according to Smallville. However, Joshua is the one who befriends the Lex Luthor character (as their fathers were formally allies) which is another reason his foster parents don't initially trust him (although the Lex Luthor character goes from being evil and hating hybrids (that's what I'm calling my mutants/meta-humans) to helping them and becoming his own hero (this particular character is in no way based off of Lex Luthor, I just choose him to play that roll)

(Also, I do want to make clear, that I am not going to be using Catholic ideology for my stories, which is why I'm tying my vampires to extraterrestrial phenomenon instead of supernatural.)

One last thing, Draken's demeanor is similar to Batman's while retaining Superman's messiah complex, with a bit of aristocracy thrown in.

Joshua's is very similar to old testament beliefs, although he does believe in the law of grace, and does not judge or prejudice himself against those who choose to believe differently.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@PrinceMarvel_: You've got a lot to juggle there on your own. I'm not sure other folks' characters can work in that story.