The Elegangels Part 5

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By BlueEcho

The following is a work of fiction of my own creation, designed for a superhero setting, though of no specified comic book universe.

-

There were now four remaining in the apartment, and after all of the more in-depth introductions and small talk, they mostly just sat staring at the collection of cell phones on the table, not certain who Bennie would call first when she got the chance. The waiting was difficult for them, even for Erica who had been forced to make fast friends with the others.

Amanda and Sarah talked business for a few moments to pass the time. They hadn't had a chance to open their shop this day after they had spent the whole time chasing answers around the city, and while they were not certain that they would have any answers which would stop them from opening the next day, they decided to make plans anyway that one of their friends could open and run the store for them. They debated back and forth for a moment to decide who they should ask before they decided on their friend Kevin. He was another graduate of their school, and he had filled in a couple of times before.

Sarah dialed his number and almost immediately saw that she had an incoming call from Bennie! Their plans for their everyday life would have to wait.

"Bennie!" she said as she answered, "Where are you?"

"I am at this guy's place," Bennie replied, "I managed to teleport into his bathroom mirror, but I am not sure if we have any reason to be afraid at all of this guy. He seems to be the most boring person that I have ever seen. He spent about twenty minutes just staring at himself in the mirror, and now he is watching some nonsensical television show. I guess that we aren't superheroes, but it fits, because this guy definitely isn't a supervillain."

"Where are you?" Sarah asked.

"Right now in a department store on Brimley," Bennie said, "he lives nearby but I managed to find a bunch of windows here, so I finally got out. Meet me here and we will all go up together."

"On our way," Sarah replied. She led the others out of the apartment to the waiting car, and they quickly drove to rendezvous with Bennie. Kayla ran over and hugged her friend deeply, as though she was genuinely worried about her safety.

"I am ok," Bennie said, after pushing back from the hug, "really the worst that I would have had was to listen to some more easy listening from this guy's music selection, or to watch him try to groom himself for a moment longer."

"Where is he?" Sarah asked. Bennie turned and pointed at a small apartment building.

"Third floor corner apartment," she said, "how are we approaching him?"

"I think that I will just go knock on his door and let myself in," Sarah said.

"Sounds like a plan to me," Erica said, as she followed behind Sarah, the others quickly following the other two. Sarah walked up to the third floor apartment, after managing to catch the door behind someone walking out of the building. She found the way to the third floor and then to the corner apartment as indicated by Bennie.

She knocked on the door loudly before hearing some sounds inside indicating that they had disturbed whoever was there.

"It's late," the voice said from the inside.

"Special message," she said, "from your friends at work." She could see him looking through the peephole, and with his imagination excited he opened the door not appreciating what he was getting himself into. No sooner had he opened the door, in the slightest before the five pushed their way in.

"What is going on?" he yelled, before Sarah held her finger up to her lips.

"We just want information," she said, "I guess you don't remember me? We met just two days ago." Sarah was right, although he looked different now, it was the same man that had approached her in the first place about the free cosmetics.

"I ... I," he was searching for words at the moment, trying to make sense of what was around him, "I don't understand. Why are you here?"

"I just said," Sarah said, "we want information. Like why did you give away those cosmetics?"

"It was a part-time thing," he said, "my contact told me that I was going to give out some free samples, and then monitor the people for a couple of weeks. I have been out of work, so it seemed like a decent offer."

"Who is the contact?" Sarah asked.

"I never met her," he said, "I was just told to get some beauty oriented people to test out these new products and then to watch them for a bit."

"What did she sound like?" Sarah asked.

"I don't know she had an accent," he said, "like something that I never heard of before. Like a mixture of Chinese and Italian, and the language she spoke to her colleague in the background was also really weird."

"So how were you supposed to contact them?" Sarah asked.

"I don't know," he said, "they never really said. I was just supposed to use this device to monitor you guys and then to report back to them however and whenever." He pointed at the device which was sitting in a bag on the floor.

"It is the same one that he was using in the car," Bennie said, "when I followed him here."

"How does it work?: Amanda asked.

He walked over and took it out of the bag, and held it up. It was some kind of weird design, but it was evidently easy to use, with only a few buttons on it.

"I just push here and that is it," he said, referring to a button. Sarah took it out of his hand and pushed that same button.

"Whoah," Erica said, "I mean I guess that you guys can't see that."

"See what?" Kayla asked.

"The same electromagnetic burst as the first time," Erica said, "kind of like a rainbow of stuff coming out of it. Kind of hard to explain actually, as I still don't really understand what it is that I am seeing."

"I doesn't really seem to tell us anything," Bennie said, "other than someone is spying on us."

"Hold on," Erica said, the front part is all rainbow, but the back is like a solid beam of light, and it seems to be shooting in the same direction no matter what."

"So we follow the beam and we find the people," Amanda said.

"Yeah," Sarah said, looking back to the man, " we are taking this this, and for the time being I suggest you find something better to do with your time." The five of them left together after taking the device and squeezed into the car where they let Erica direct them to beam's recipient.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@blueecho: Hmm finally we may find out who the big bad really is. Kudos to you and keep up the good work

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By BlueEcho
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0