The Elegangels Part 11

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By BlueEcho

The following is a work of fiction of my own creation, designed for a superhero setting, though of no specified comic book universe.

-

When they had heard of space pirates, their minds raced to images of seedy bars on the outskirts of the reaches of space exploration, and the desperate criminals that they might find within. Where they found themselves could not be any more different. If they had to describe it as anything, it would be as a galactic themed version of a 1950s style nightclub, the kind that one might see in a classsic movie. There was certainly technology here which was beyond anything that they knew, but at this time of the day, people were lounging around in fancy clothes, and it certainly did not look like the kind of place where a fight might break out, or where one might find illicit goods or the means of transport to another arm of the galaxy.

Sitting lavishly at one of the tables was evidently the man that they had come to see. It would have been easier to associate him as being an intergalactic playboy than as a space pirate, but maybe there wasn't as much difference in this part of the galaxy. He wore what looked like the jacket of a space suit as though it were a leisure suit, and his eyes were covered by visors that looked like futuristic sunglasses. He had slicked back hair and he looked so artifical that it almost seemed as though his teeth glistened. Sprawled over him were females of varying appearance, though it could be said that all were beautiful.

"Jack," Vitor said as he approached, and offered both of his hands forward as a greeting. Jack looked back, too aloof to boother with formalities and seemingly disappointed to be broken out of his pleasure time.

"Vitor," he replied, "it has been a while, the last time I ran into you was on Herat 7."

"Ah yes," Vitor replied, "that was quite a night, wasn't it?"

"What brings you to these parts?" Jack asked.

"These five ladies have a specific problem," Vitor replied, "they have need to return to the Terran system." Jack looked over his visors at the group of human women before looking back at Vitor.

"So lend them a few thousands credits and get them on the next freighter," Jack said, "a man of my skills is not really needed for such an easy run. The Terran System is protected by treaty, you won't come across any warships on that route."

"Easy enough yes," Vitor said, "but it is a bit more complicated. They are here because Yva LaPlam is on Earth, and they seek to rectify that problem."

"Still easy enough," Jack replied, "if she is on some backwater like Earth then she will be blasting off a distress code every two minutes to any passing spacecraft. And because they aren't many in that part of the galaxy, it is likely that you will be the first to find her."

"Yes," Vitor replied, "but there is a catch. We have to get there in her own spacecraft."

"Oh," Jack said.

"Which is presently under guard at the Fitrig hangar," Vitor replied.

"Oh," Jack said, this time more seriously, "that does sound like something more up my alley. So what is the pay?"

"None really," Vitor said, "unless you consider how much Yva is going to want to get her ship back. She will probably pay well in return."

"Hmm," Jack said, "but then why take them?" He gestured toward the five women before him, who had remained silent while the bartering was taking place.

"Consider this a rescue mission," Vitor said, "they will not pay you anything, but Yva is sure to, and even if she isn't then you can ransom off her ship to her. These five will come in valuable for such a venture though, as seemingly like every Terran they possess special gifts which would make them valuable in getting access to the craft. Free passage is not such a big deal in return for that."

Jack looked at the five where they stood, and seemed to be mulling his options.

"All right," he said, "they have a deal. It should be interesting to see where this leads."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@blueecho: Nice work, a little short but still an enjoyable read

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I was falling asleep while I wrote it, so I wrapped it up where I could ;)

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped, for reference only :)