Tales of the Emerald Archer: Year One #2

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

"Queen. I am sure that you want to get off this island. If you help me with this job. I'll be sure to return you to Star. Deal?" Slade asked.

"Do I have a choice?"

"No Queen. You don't."

Three Hours Later

Oliver, Slade & Wintergreen walk slowly through the forest, keeping their hands on their weapons at all times, watching out for the dangers that lurk around this place. Oliver was purposely lagging behind the two men. Even though, they could most likely get him off the island. He felt that there wasn't something right about them. Oliver has been stranded on this island for seven years, He knew there was nothing out here. So why would these men needs guns?

"What's the world like now, Slade?" Oliver questioned. "Did we get hover-cars yet?"

"The world has gotten stranger. It's more dangerous than ever. Would you believe me if I told you that there are men...No. Beings that can fly and run at high speeds?"

"No."

"What if i told you that Atlantis was real?"

"What if I told you that you played way too many role playing card games as a kid? Let me guess, we have Martians out there too?" Oliver joked.

Slade grinned. "They fear fire."

"Right. So where exactly am I?"

"The man is full of questions, Slade. You oughta put a muzzle on this mutt." Wintergreen said.

"Hey! You try being stuck on a deserted island sometime."

"Leave him alone, Wintergreen!" Slade snapped. "He deserves answers after all these years. You are in Asia. The name of this place is Lian Yu. How'd you get here anyway?

"Tripped and fell. Star City's number one drunkard, remember?" Oliver said. Slade and Wintergreen froze in disbelief.

"Tripped and fell?" Wintergreen wondered.

"Yeah. From what I can remember. Unless you guys know something I don't."

Slade and Wintergreen exchanged looks with one another while beginning to pick up the pace. Oliver's distrust towards Slade and Wintergreen grew even more intense. Oliver really had no other choice but to play along with these guys, he didn't want to lose the opportunity to get off of the island. After hours of walking and silence, Oliver decides to break the silence once again. "I know the island like the back of my hand. What ever you guys are looking for, you're wasting your time. There's nothing here."

"You are wrong, Queen. Do you know who owns this island?" Slade asked.

"Hopefully me when I get out of here."

"The League of Assassins. You are lucky they haven't killed you yet.

"So you morons came to an island run by assassins to get something?"

"Exactly. We are going to steal an ancient artifact from them." Wintergreen explained.

"I don't know. Assassins are a bit out of my league. This might bite me in the ass in the future."

"Not if we plan this right." Wintergreen added.

"So are you still with us, Queen? How much does your freedom matter to you?" Slade asked.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@johnny_blaze: I think you should take the lines before "Three Hours Later," and move them to the end of chapter one. It makes for a more ominous cliffhanger ending.

So in this version, Oliver's been on the island for seven years? I honestly don't know how it went in the comic, but on the show, he was only on the island two or three years, right? Then spent the rest of the five years in Asia or wherever else Waller sent him?

Enjoying this. Give me a callout for the next chapter. :)

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Bump