Splicers: The Corps chapter 2 Foxtrot company

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

(Chapter name based on Military Phonetic Alphabet)

2027 Doctor's office Marine corps base Quantico, VA

Lt. Col. Frank Monroe sits listening to Dr. Ed Quinn,"What do you mean super human senses?"

Dr. Quinn turns to face him,"All of his senses are enhanced, and not just the basic 5."

Frank looks confused,"There are more than 5?"

Quinn nodded, "There are somewhere between 9 and 21 depending on which expert you ask but that's not the point. Your son is remarkable, aside from the hyper acute hearing, sense of smell and eyesight that'd make a hawk jealous he's pretty much off the scale. His natural sense of balance and spatial awareness combined with his enhanced agility and dexterity make your son basically a genetically perfect soldier."

Frank scowled, "Are you suggesting turning my son into a weapon?"

Quinn's excitement faded,"Easy Frank. I got a bit a head of myself. I've just never seen anything like this."

Frank leaned back in his chair, "I wish his mother had been as accepting as you. Can you believe she had the nerve to get angry at him over this? It's not Rob's fault she went behind my back and had our son customized like he was a goddamned car."

Quinn sighed, "Been what, 2 months since the divorce?"

Frank nodded as Quinn continued, "On the bright side I still have to laugh when i remember seeing the look on her face when she found out she couldn't take the house."

They burst out laughing.

2041 T.H.T.F. HQ

A Gunnery Sargent calls out,"Foxtrot company, Monroe, Martin,Ramos, Brooks,Winchester, Simmons. You'll be under Captain Campbell's command. Golf company....."

After roll call Foxtrot company sat talking as they waited for Capt. Campbell, Rob looked over to Brooks as he held his hood tight, hiding his face,"What's your story, I heard you were an animal splice."

Brooks pulled away as Rob continued,"No worries, we're all freaks here man."

He looks around the room, "Okay, I know Brian is our speed guy, Ramos is our power house, Winchester is our mascot."

"Oh shut up, prick." Winchester stated annoyed,"Call me Max, I'm a pyrokenetic, Rob's just mad cause I'm prettier."

The 2 laughed as the group stared at them. Rob then looked to Simmons, "And how about you?"

Brooks spoke up,"He doesn't speak, a whisper from him would shatter a normal person's ear drums."

Rob looked back to him,"How do you know that?"

Brook's eased up,"I'm a telepath."

Rod grinned,"Telepathic snake man, nice."

Capt. Campbell entered, he was a tall muscular man with graying hair,"Sit down Monroe."

Rob delivered a sarcastic salute,"Yes, Sir Elvis."

Ramos looked up,"Elvis?"

Campbell replied, "I was named after the King, show some respect."

The Captain walked around the room looking at a clip board,"Aside from Monroe's super human ability to annoy me we have an impressive array of abilities here. We're going to be working in Chicago and the surrounding area starting next week."

Monroe interrupted,"Prepare to be sad for Cubs fans."

Campbell looked back at him,"Shut up."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

027 Doctor's office Marine corps base Quantico, VA

Lt. Col. Frank Monroe sits listening to Dr. Ed Quinn "What do you mean super human senses?" he asked.

Dr. Quinn turns to face him "All of his senses are enhanced, and not just the basic five."

“There are more than five?"

Quinn nodded, "There are somewhere between nine and twenty-one; depending on which expert you ask but that's not the point. Your son is remarkable! Aside from the hyper acute hearing, sense of smell and eyesight that'd make a hawk jealous; he's pretty much off the scale. His natural sense of balance and spatial awareness combined with his enhanced agility and dexterity make your son basically…is a genetically perfect soldier!"

Frank scowled, "Are you suggesting turning my son into a weapon?"

“Easy Frank” Quinn's excitement faded "I got a bit ahead of myself. I've just never seen anything like this!"

Frank leaned back in his chair, "I wish his mother had been as accepting as you. Can you believe she had the nerve to get angry at him over this? It's not Rob's fault she went behind my back and had our son customized like he was a goddamned car."

Quinn sighed, "Been what, two months since the divorce?" Frank nodded as Quinn continued, "On the bright side I still have to laugh when I remember seeing the look on her face when she found out she couldn't take the house."

They burst out laughing.

2041 T.H.T.F. HQ

A Gunnery Sergeant calls out, "Foxtrot Company! Monroe, Martin, Ramos, Brooks, Winchester, Simmons! You'll be under Captain Campbell's command. Golf company....."

After roll call Foxtrot company sat talking as they waited for Captain Campbell, Rob looked over to Brooks as he held his hood tight, hiding his face, "What's your story? I heard you were an animal splice." Brooks pulled away as Rob continued, “No worries, we're all freaks here man."

He looks around the room, "Okay, I know Brian is our speed guy, Ramos is our power house, and Winchester is, well, our mascot."

"Oh shut up, prick!" Winchester stated annoyed, "Call me Max. I'm a pyrokenetic, Rob's just mad cause I'm prettier."

The two laughed as the group stared at them. Rob then looked to Simmons, "And how about you?"

Brooks spoke up, "He doesn't speak. A whisper from him would shatter a normal person's ear drums."

Rob looked back to him, "How do you know that?"

“I'm a telepath."

Rod grinned, "Telepathic snake man, nice."

Captain Campbell entered; he was a tall muscular man with graying hair, "Sit down Monroe!"

Rob delivered a sarcastic salute, "Yes, Sir Elvis."

"Elvis?" Ramos looked up

Campbell replied, "I was named after the King, show some respect."

The Captain walked around the room looking at a clipboard looking at his company "Aside from Monroe's super human ability to annoy me; we have an impressive array of abilities here. We're going to be working in Chicago and the surrounding area starting next week."

Monroe interrupted, "Prepare to be sad for Cubs fans."

Campbell looked back at him, "Shut up."

Nice work!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Thanks

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

What's Splicers? This an independent?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@TheCannon: Its a new project I started a few days ago, its set in its own universe. I have a few other writers on this as well

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Extra senses :) http://fac.hsu.edu/langlet/general/guides/Terms_sensation_perception.htm

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@tomdickharry1984: Well actually he doesn't have extra senses its an actual scientific fact that we have more than 5 but they aren't exactly sure how many there are. I'm sticking with 9 here because that's all that have been confirmed.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Yeah I'll stick with 5 plus maybe the 6th sense, the other are ofshoots of touch. Either way this is good stuff. Can you explain the Cubs refrence? Australian and NFI what that means? Itd be like me saying i guess the Swans beat the Dockers by taking more marks....i can just see yur face going 'what is he talking about?" :P

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@tomdickharry1984: The Cubs are the world's most depressing Baseball team. Sorta like the Elmer Fudd of the sports world

Rusty_Irons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Rusty_Irons

good chapter. i like the idea of animal splicers.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

@tmacximas: thanks

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Same minor gripe about format (it is really not that big a deal, but it does allow the eye & the brain to see the next bit clearer) Very good dialog, but I'm noticing that most of your people tend to example: {Frank scowled, "Are you suggesting turning my son into a weapon?" Quinn's excitement faded,"Easy Frank. I got a bit a head of myself. I've just never seen anything like this."} Actions/emotions/description before the dialog. There is nothing inherhently wrong with this, I just noticed it was all. Good job, nice quick read .

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

@4donkeyjohnson: Thanks, and I do appreciate the criticism, it helps me make my future stories better.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

It's good, I'm just being a nitpicker sometimes, is all

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers