Spider-Man: The Ballad of Jimmy-6 - Issue #3/3 (Script)

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ColonelRunAway

FOR PART 1/3:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/spider-man-the-ballad-of-jimmy-6-issue-13-script/646230/#4

FOR PART 2/3:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/spider-man-the-ballad-of-jimmy-6-issue-23-script/646486/#3

RATED M - For violence and profanity

No Caption Provided

PAGE 1.

1.1/ Jimmy stares at Spider-Man on the rooftop, as the sun sets.

CAPTION: Now.

SPIDER-MAN: What are you doing?

1.2/ Close up of Jimmy’s face, calm but clearly angry.

SPIDER-MAN (off-panel): Jimmy?

1.3/ Spider-Man puts his hands up reassuringly.

SPIDER-MAN: Look, I know we haven’t talked in a while, but whatever this is, can you let the guy go?

1.4/ Close up of Jimmy’s right hand pulling out his gun.

JIMMY: Too soon.

SPIDER-MAN (off-panel): What?

PAGE 2.

2.1/ FULL PAGE SPREAD. Jimmy fires three rounds at Spider-Man, who jumps out of their way.

SFX: BAM

JIMMY: YOU WERE LAST ON MY LIST!

PAGE 3.

3.1/ Cut back to the roof from the Angelo/Venom flashback. The sun is rising on the web cocoon, which is now empty, torn open and partially disintegrated.

CAPTION: Then…

3.2/ Jimmy’s wife, Mary, sits in bed with her eyes open, as if she’s been suddenly woken.

JIMMY (off-panel): MARY, COME ON!

3.3/ Jimmy stands in the living room, holding James, his sleeping five year old son.

JAMES: Nggghhhhh…

JIMMY: MARY!

3.4/ Jimmy sits in the driver’s seat of a parked Hummer, turning on the radio. James is in the back seat, still partially asleep, while Mary is getting into the front passenger seat.

JAMES: Where are we—

JIMMY: Shhhhhh…

JIMMY (small text): If the Spider’s dead…

3.5/ Close up on the radio.

RADIO: -BZT-anks in no small part to Tony Stark, the city of New York has granted the mansion landmark status, ensuring that it will still live on in some form.

RADIO: In Midtown, residents were terrified as wanted supercriminal Venom went on a brief rampage. After killing at least three civilians, Venom was eventually caught in a conflict with Spider-Man, who witnesses say removed Venom’s costume before pushing him off a rooftop, killing him. No word yet on whether or not Spider-Man is being charged with homicide in this event.

PAGE 4.

4.1/ Close up of Jimmy’s shocked face.

NO DIALOGUE

4.2/ Jimmy turns off the radio and the parking brake.

RADIO: Also among the casualties was-KZT-

MARY: What happened?

4.3/ Jimmy’s foot pushes down on the gas.

JIMMY: We need to leave town for a while.

SFX: Vrrrrrrmmmm

4.4/ The Hummer drives down a city street.

NO DIALOGUE

PAGE 5.

5.1/ Jimmy (no longer on top of Ellis) points the gun at Spider-Man, who’s now landed in front of him with his hands still up. The sun is a tad lower in the sky.

SPIDER-MAN: WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!

SPIDER-MAN: IS THIS…

SPIDER-MAN: …Oh God.

5.2/ Spider-Man lowers his arms slightly.

SPICER-MAN: If this is about Angelo, I…

SPIDER-MAN: I’m sorry.

SPIDER-MAN: It was an accident. I couldn’t save him. If I’d known where you were, I would’ve told you in person.

5.3/ Close up on Jimmy’s glaring eyes

SPIDER-MAN (off-panel): But please don’t do anything you’re gonna regret!

PAGE 6.

6.1/ Jimmy.

JIMMY: Remember when my father caught you, and I let you go?

6.2/ Spider-Man lowers his hands some more.

SPIDER-MAN: Uhhhhhhhhhh…

JIMMY (off-panel): I didn’t think things between me and him could get any worse after that.

6.3/ Close up on Jimmy’s mouth.

JIMMY: Then Angelo died.

6.4/ Close up on Jimmy’s hand, holding the gun.

JIMMY: Dad’s last chance at success. His last chance at a family.

JIMMY: All he had left was revenge. And he knew there was a reason you were still alive.

6.5/ Close up on Spider-Man’s eyes.

JIMMY (off-panel: I ran. I hid Mary and James.

JIMMY (off-panel): But guess what?

PAGE 7.

7.1/ Jimmy stands outside a motel room and sees that the door’s ajar.

CAPTION: Then…

7.2/ Jimmy slams the door open and storms inside. There’s a bathroom with the lights on to his right.

SFX: SLAM

7.3/ A man in a suit stands in the middle of the room, pointing a handgun at the reader. The TV is on, though the show itself isn’t visible.

ASSASSIN: Giacomo?

7.4/ profile of Jimmy, staring in shock at the assassin. In the background, the bathroom can be seen, out of focus. There’s something red in it.

NO DIALOGUE

7.5/ Same shot as 7.4, but Jimmy turns his head to look inside the bathroom, which is now in focus. One can now see that the red is blood that was dripping out of the shower. Mary’s arm is also sticking out of the shower.

NO DIALOGUE

PAGE 8.

8.1/ Jimmy lunges at the assassin, screaming in rage.

JIMMY: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

8.2/ Close up of the assassin’s arm being slammed into the ground by Jimmy. The gun also hits the ground, setting it off.

SFX: KRAK

ASSASSIN: AAAAHHHHHH!

8.3/ Jimmy crouches over the assassin and starts to strangle him with his other hand.

ASSASSIN: Urk—

8.4/ Close up on Jimmy’s face, filled with hate.

SFK: KRIK

8.5/ Jimmy stays crouched over the assassin.

NO DIALOGUE

PAGE 9.

9.1/ Jimmy turns to look at the TV. It’s a news program, showing video of people swinging through New York during Spider-Island.

TV: But perhaps most surprising is the solution to the crisis. Particularly where it came from.

9.2/ Jimmy stares at the TV, but with a glassy expression that indicates he’s not all there.

TV: For salvation ultimately came in the form of former supercriminal Edward Brock.

9.3/ The TV shows the video of Eddie Brock and Reed Richards that was shown on the newscast during the Spider-Island Epilogue.

TV: Brock, once known as Venom, and more recently Anti-Venom, held the cure to the epidemic in his DNA all along, and was able to sacrifice his superhuman abilities in order to aid the people.

9.4/ The TV cuts to two anchors.

ANCHOR 1: That’s a new one, huh?

ANCHOR 1: Spider-Man was the one making trouble…

9.5/ Close up on Jimmy’s eyes, starting to fill with tears.

ANCHOR 1 (off-panel): …And Venom was the only one who could fix it.

PAGE 10.

10.1/ Back to Jimmy glaring at Spider-Man. The sun has almost completely set.

SPIDER-MAN: Jimmy… I’m so sorry.

SPIDER-MAN: But I didn’t know! There was nothing I could do! This isn’t my fault!

10.2/ Jimmy.

JIMMY: I know. It’s my fault.

10.2/ A shot of Spider-Man from behind.

JIMMY: If I’d stopped you when I could have…

JIMMY: …But I didn’t.

10.3/ Close up of Jimmy’s finger on the trigger of the gun.

JIMMY: And now everyone I ever loved is dead.

PAGE 11.

11.1/ Jimmy fires the gun twice at Spider-Man, who ducks out of the way. The sun has set all the way.

JIMMY: YOU WERE MY RESPONSIBILITY!!!

11.2/ Jimmy knees the still ducking Spider-Man in the face, knocking him on his back.

SFX: THUK

11.3/ Spider-Man, laying on his back, fires a web at Jimmy’s gun.

SPIDER-MAN: Are you listening to yourself?

SFX:THWIP

PAGE 12.

12.1/ Jimmy moves his right arm out of the way of the webline, and grabs onto it with his left hand.

SPIDER-MAN (off-panel): You’re thinking just like your dad did!

12.2/ Jimmy yanks on the web, pulling Spider-Man up for him to headbutt.

SFX: KRAK

SPIDER-MAN: Ugggh—

12.3/ Spider-Man lands crouched in front of Jimmy.

JIMMY SHUT THE &%@# UP!

12.4/ Jimmy tries to punch Spider-Man, but Spidey ducks under his arm and backfists the back of Jimmy’s knee.

SPIDER-MAN: LISTEN TO ME!

SPIDER-MAN: You hated how he would kill innocent people without a second thought!

PAGE 13.

13.1/ In the foreground, Ellis (who has evidently crawled away from the fight) starts to get up on his feet. In the background, Jimmy wheels around, only for Spider-Man to jump above him.

SPIDER-MAN: You knew I was doing the right thing when I tried to stop him!

13.2/ Spider-Man kicks Jimmy in the back of the neck.

SPIDER-MAN: Do you REALLY want to make excuses to kill me like the Don would?

13.3/ Jimmy turns around again and punches at Spider-Man, who jumps back this time.

NO DIALOGUE

13.4/ Jimmy points his gun at Spider-Man.

JIMMY: I JUST WANT TO FIX IT!

PAGE 14.

14.1/ Jimmy fires the gun.

14.2/ Shot of Spider-Man’s head with his spider-sense going off.

NO DIALOGUE

14.3/ Spider-Man tilts his neck slightly, and the bullet just barely misses him.

NO DIALOGUE

PAGE 15.

15.1/ The bullet hits Ellis in the back.

SFX:Spltch

ELLIS: AHHHHH—

15.2/ Spider-Man turns to look at Ellis, completely ignoring Jimmy. Jimmy tries to shoot Spider-Man again, but is out of ammo.

SPIDER-MAN (small text): Oh no…

SFX:click

15.3/ Spider-Man runs over to Look at Ellis’s wound.

SPIDER-MAN: It’ll be okay, Mr.… Uh, Ellis right?

15.4/ Spider-Man turns to look at Jimmy, who’s just standing where he was, glaring with the same expression.

SPIDER-MAN: I need to get him to a hospital, Jimmy!

15.5/ Close up of Jimmy’s face.

SPIDER-MAN: JIMMY?

15.6/ Spider-Man swings off the roof, holding Ellis.

SPIDER-MAN (small text): Dammit…

SPIDER-MAN: Please, just STAY HERE. I’ll come back to talk to you.

PAGE 16.

16.1/ Jimmy walks up to the small puddle of blood where Ellis was.

NO DIALOGUE

16.2/ Jimmy looks down into the puddle and sees his reflection.

NO DIALOGUE

16.3/ Jimmy starts crying.

NO DIALOGUE

16.4/ Jimmy sits down and cries into his hand.

NO DIALOGUE

16.5/ Jimmy takes his head out of his hand to look at the edge of the roof.

NO DIALOGUE

PAGE 17.

17.1/ Jimmy stands on the edge of the roof and looks down, as if he’s about to jump.

NO DIALOGUE

17.2/ Close up of Jimmy’s eyes, which he’s closed.

NO DIALOGUE

17.3/ Same shot as 17.2, but he’s now opened his eyes, which are bloodshot.

NO DIALOGUE

17.4/ All black.

NO DIALOGUE

PAGE 18.

18.1/ All black.

ELLIS (small text): It’s a hoax.

18.2/ Ellis sits in a hospital bed, talking on his cell phone. His bare chest is covered in bandages, and he’s wearing a breathing apparatus. There’s a window next to him, showing that it’s morning outside.

ELLIS (small text): No one’s heard from the guy in years, now suddenly he’s back and more violent than ever? Story’s not real.

18.3/ A doctor enters the room and looks at Ellis’s chart.

ELLIS (small text): Didn’t say I wasn’t coming. It’s still MY story.

ELLIS (small text): Find me a good photographer. I’ll get Robbie to book me a flight this afternoon. See ya there.

DOCTOR: Mr. Ellis, you won’t be in any condition to walk this afternoon, let alone fly.

18.4/ As Ellis and the doctor argue, Spider-Man peeks in the window.

ELLIS (small text): Listen, I’m a reporter. That was one of my sources. Some details in an old story of mine just resurfaced, and I need to get to Houston yesterday.

DOCTOR: Did you have a bullet in your lung yesterday?

PAGE 19.

19.1/ Detective Lou Snider, a middle aged Black man, walks through the police station.

NO DIALOGUE

19.2/ Snider walks up to a door being guarded by Carlie Cooper.

SNIDER: You can go, Cooper.

19.3/ Snider enters the door, which leads to an interrogation room. He looks a bit surprised at the sight of the prisoner.

NO DIALOGUE19.4/ POV from the prisoner as he watches Snider sitting across from him at a small table.

SNIDER: You wanted to speak with someone?

PRISONER (off-panel): Yes.

PAGE 20.

20.1/ FULL PAGE SPREAD. Jimmy sits at the table, still wearing the same clothes from the night before, and looking slightly less angry.

JIMMY: My name is Giacomo Fortunato.

JIMMY: Two nights ago I murdered my father, Maggia crimelord Vincente Fortunato. And I’ve killed many enemies of the Maggia in the past.

JIMMY: I also know the identities of its most prominent members, where to find evidence to incarcerate a majority of them, and am not afraid to testify against them in court.

JIMMY: I’d like to make a deal…

SPIDER-MAN: THE BALLAD OF JIMMY-6

ACT 3. DECESSO

CREDITS

Disclaimer: None of the characters featured are my own creations. Those rights fall squarely onto Marvel Comics and ect. I make no profit from this.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123
  1. Perfect ending.
  2. I liked Jimmy earlier, but the "YOU WERE MY RESPONSIBILITY" part just brings it all full circle and makes the whole story even better.
  3. SCARLET SPIDER, F**K YEAH!
  4. 3.3, you put that James shouts Mary's name, instead of Jimmy.
ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ColonelRunAway

@InnerVenom123: 1-3. :D

4. On it.